Aberrant RPG - Time pocket

Asbjørn

I've been giving some thought to the Temporal Manipulation power lately, and I think there's something missing. The existing techniques allow the user to freeze a single object or person in time, speed up or slow down an object or person, or alter the age of an object or person.

What I'm missing is a technique that creates a pocket outside the normal time stream, effectively allowing the user - and possibly his allies - a 'time-out' from whatever situation they're in.

To prevent this from being an insanely powerful 'Stop Time for Absolutely Everything Except Myself' technique, it would have to be limited. For example, no quantum use while outside of time (except possibly to maintain the pocket), persons included in the pocket limited to the user's dots in the power, and any attempt to influence the world outside the pocket would break the spell.

Or is there something like this in a book I haven't read?

There already is (almost) an existing technique, I'll call it "Time Stop" reversed.

And I wouldn't call it "insanely powerful". Keep in mind that without a powermax, Time Stop isn't area of effect.

Sure, it lets you use a "time out", but when the effect ends you tend to be in the same situation. It isn't like you can effect any thing on the outside.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I'd like to see techniques for Spatial and Temporal Manipulation that allowed the user to set up permanent effects.

Like rooms in the Spatial Manipulators house that are bigger than they should be, or the windows in the Temporal Manipulators home that show some really interesting scenes.

• 1 year later...

Personally, I'd like to see techniques for Spatial and Temporal Manipulation that allowed the user to set up permanent effects.

Like rooms in the Spatial Manipulators house that are bigger than they should be, or the windows in the Temporal Manipulators home that show some really interesting scenes.

Perhaps using the "spend a permanent willpower point" bit from Matter Manipulation and Matter Creation ( along with doing a maxed power feat )?

Archived