If you ran a non-Aeon game on EON...

Heritage

Just for fun, let's play! ::biggrin

1. Castle Falkenstein. One of those games I played one time at GenCon, instantly loved, bought all the books for, but haven't played since. ::biggrin Great setting, interesting magic system, and played with playing cards instead of dice (how you'd do this online, I have no idea ::confused).

2. Space 1889. Hilariously cool game, with American, European and Asian imperialism running rampant throughout the Solar System. I just love the image of a sweaty Brit sitting on the porch of his plantation house, sweltering in the heat of a Martian afternoon: "If I don't get some ice for my drink, I swear I'll die!"

3. Continuum. Amazing time travel game, fun and simple to play, but players are encouraged to keep journals to avoid going nuts from possible space/time contradictions. Another 'one time at GenCon' deal. ::biggrin

4. Over the Edge. The roleplaying game that most accurately simulates William S. Burroughs-style dementia. 'Nuff said. ::wacko

5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG. Much funner than you'd think, including such possible character flaws as Tragic Love (all your boyfriends/girlfreinds turn evil, run away, get impaled, etc.)

6. Paranoia. The Flechette thread brought up all kinds of fun memories.

7. Stornoway Castle. A game my brother and I made up with friends back in our high school days. Every ten years there's a big Halloween party at a remote Scottish castle in the Hebrides - many guests arrive, but only one will survive the night! Any character is possible in the P.U.D. system (which stands for 'Pain, Unconciousness and Death'), which is AD&D stripped down to the bones; robots, aliens, mobsters from hell, you name it! Designed to be played in one marathon overnight session.

What about you guys, huh?

I just wish someone would run a Changeling game...

Pooka's, Trolls, Redcaps, Oh My!

You and me both, brutha!

To be fair, many of these games might be be running somewhere on the Web, but I know and trust the people here ::wub (sniff!)

Bah...you want some good games?

-Heroes Unlimited

-Rifts

-Skraypers (Suppliment setting to both Heroes and Rifts)

-TOON!

-Underworld (most people havent even *heard* of this one its based on a coin flip system)

-Sorceror

-Hunter: The Reconing

-BESM 2e (a generic anime system)

Thats all I can think of at the moment...there are so many good things to be done with these alone though.

I really wish there was a barfing smilie!

Hunter-The Reckoning ?!?! ::barf

TOON! seems cool though, I've thought about making a "Toon" for one of the abbie games, but it seems like it'd counter the mood in all but the weirdest of games.

I really wish there was a barfing smilie!

Hunter-The Reckoning ?!?! ::barf

Lol! I like the feel to it. I just love the "hopelessly screwed" genre (like my IRL Heroes game...no matter how good my PC is, I *always* get screwed over by dice rolls). Sometimes I think that taking thoes powers away to offer more bonus points would work better though.

TOON! seems cool though, I've thought about making a "Toon" for one of the abbie games, but it seems like it'd counter the mood in all but the weirdest of games.

You wouldent be able to make a TOON! toon PC in abby...you can never die in TOON!. A cartoonish PC is doable...you could play a comic geek (like the comic store clerk from the simpsons) or a 12 year old kid.

Just take Bodymorph: toon getting flexability, some sort of limb growth...sweet stuff

• 2 weeks later...

For me it'd be a toss-up between those games I've got but have never had a real chance to run (like the new Star Trek game, or BESM, or the new diceless Marvel game, etc.), & those games I've gotten good campaigns out of in the past (anything WoD, anything Palladium - although I tend to alter nearly all the crappy system these days, CyberPunk, Champions, RoleMaster / SpaceMaster, D&D, etc.).

For this crowd it'd be fun to run a WoD game or two - if only to let all those QZ players see how easy they're getting it! ::devil My WoD (& CyberPunk come to think of it) games tended a lot more towards hugely complicated interwoven plots & a setting that the PCs really needed to work hard at to actually come out on top. Actually, add CoC to that list too... ::lookaround ::squid

On the flipside, a nice 'four-colour' Champions game would be interesting - you know, heroes who are actually heroic, & a system that makes some kind of sense. ::wink

I'd do it but I'm a crap storyteller...I need to have my creative juices milked out of me, it just doesn't come on its own for some reason.. 

I find that hard to believe - I often read ezekiel's IC posts & think to myself 'that guy should be running a game of his own' - something about 'em just screams of an inner-Storyteller trying to get out. ::thumbsup

Hmmm... Ars Magica would be another favourite - one of the best 'fantasy' games ever IMHO. I've never run it myself, but played in a great game at uni' with a ST who really made the effort to research the history of the area the game was set in (Tain in Scotland). I still fondly recall my disfigured, faerie-hating mage 'Rufus Powers' - dispised by everyone until combat occured, when all the grogs suddenly wanted to protect him (since he had all the best defensive - & offensive as well to be honest - spells). Classic stuff.

Streetfighter the Storyteller game is something I've always wanted to really sink my STing teeth into - but it suffers from a pretty limited core audience.

Anyway - I vote that ezekiel runs a Changeling game! I'd play in a shot. ::biggrin

While not much of a storyteller myself, I've run my fair share of D&D (of every edition), and CyberPunk (Prof I'm glad someone else here has heard of it) games, and yes CP easily lends itself to very tangled plots.

As far as playing, I have to say that CyberPunk may be my favorite game, both because I love the genre and the system is so amazingly simple (not perfect, but simple).

As for WoD, I think this medium is a great way to run a Vampire game. I never really thought it was suited for tabletop, where everyone hears everyone else's actions and it makes it hard to scheme against the other players (which is really what Vampire is all about IMHO). I did play live-action for quite sometime, but some of the super-goth people weirded me out on occasion (I played a scheming Ventrue lawyer who was the furthest thing from goth).

For those interested in genre crossing, Torg seems to be a rather interesting game. I actually own many of the sourcebooks (back in storage in the states) but I've never actually gotten to play, so don't know how good the system is.

Mostly I would have to say I stick within the WoD for my other STing jobs. I love watching some of the other systems being played, but for some reason I just can't see myself running one of the games. Sadly, I think it may just be that I only have to have D10's to play the ST system of games and that with my ADHD it makes it too easy to get confused when you have to think hard about was it a D4, D6 or a D20 that I was supposed to roll for that?

And I agree with your point of view on ezekiel's posts.. sometimes it seems like there's a whole story waiting to pop out back there..

I find that hard to believe - I often read ezekiel's IC posts & think to myself 'that guy should be running a game of his own' - something about 'em just screams of an inner-Storyteller trying to get out. 

awww shucks...

That's only 'cause you milk me good Prof.. ::wink

K, Heritage was right...eww! ::biggrin

I may try to run a game when I get a connection installed at home and I can check when I want for as long as I want (I'm using the net cafe right now which, while dirt cheap, still costs something) Not Changeling though, I don't have the books and I don't know the system enough (meaning I don't know the cantrips at all) and I never even played. Its one of those "gee this game looks great boy I wish someone ran a game" kinda game.

But seriously, I'm crap. I'm the storyteller who thinks up an epic then suddenly hates the players for thinking too small (or too evil, or too big, or too kitsch, etc ad infinitum) then kills 'em. ::devil

Archived