Trinity Universe: Holo Lives

knave

Tiger follows Taka's lead through the tunnels, letting him run the show, but ready to leap into action if the situation requires it or Taka gives the order.

[Meaning: If Taka wants Tiger to do any of the hits, he'll have to order him, Phoenix.]

Talvin's eyes glaze over and a bitter-sweet smile slowly forms on his face.

If Talvin remains in this position any longer than he usually does when 'seeing things', Tiger pulls him away from the wall.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His eyes still glazed over, Talvin starts speaking after a few seconds.

"There's no danger...this wall, its a record of sorts. The life of heroes, their epitaphs, are all recorded here. De "last light" of the hero is put to de wall by Spirit guides, such as the one we just disposed of..."

His hand glides over the wall as he continues

"It seems chromatics aren't de only creatures on this planet...chromatic-like creatures..of darkness?...who don't shine...Howling creatures, come up from the lower tunnels and try to attack the chromatics. De chromatics have declared the "Black War" of extermination against them...genocide?"

Talvin lies his other hand on the wall as he tries to capture fleeting images

"All of de heroes have killed these 'animals'. Fought them back, time and time again. They are de true enemies of the Chromatics. The one resting on de slab is...was...called "Defiant Light". He was killed fighting "Deceitful Betraying Animals" - Talvin's voice is a mix of surprise and sadness - ...Thats...us. Defiant Light hates us, for our lies as much as for our killing his people. No..he doesn't understand. "

Tavin removes his hands and looks at the group

"Some of us...humans...were deformed. They confuse us with the aberrants. They think we are like them, are them. I think he may have been killed by an aberrant."

Daniel starts to mumble.

"Dammit. The building... Taint is seeping through. Can't you feel it? It's impurities..." He shudders, and adjust his bag. "It's a dangerous gamble, I don't want a slobbering wanna-be human-killer near us."

Tiger follows Taka's lead through the tunnels, letting him run the show, but ready to leap into action if the situation requires it or Taka gives the order.

"Tiger, it might help to complete this task quickly if you carried out another circuit of the other nearby chambers. If you would prefer not to", Taka adds in deference to Tiger's estimation of his own abilities, "then please guard the entrance to this chamber. Obviously, any chromatic that enters must be killed."

Taka listens politely to Talvin's analysis, then nods when he's finished.

"Talvin, would you please accompany Tiger? That way, both groups will have one clairsentient and at least one skilled combatant."

"Talvin, would you please accompany Tiger? That way, both groups will have one clairsentient and at least one skilled combatant."

Talvin nods

"I can if that is what you want. However, my talents are not the same as Daniel's or Harker's. I can see the past and sometimes the future. I can unfailingly find my prey...but I cannot know what they are doing in the now. We can split up for the singles but I suggest we stay together for the doubles. There're four more singles. Tiger and I will take the two down this tunnel - Talvin points towards the tunnel - You two take de others. Radio silence is best unless of an emergency, we meet here in ten to fifteen minutes to take care of de others...agreed?"

"I can if that is what you want. However, my talents are not the same as Daniel's or Harker's. I can see the past and sometimes the future. I can unfailingly find my prey...but I cannot know what they are doing in the now. We can split up for the singles but I suggest we stay together for the doubles. There're four more singles. Tiger and I will take the two down this tunnel - Talvin points towards the tunnel - You two take de others. Radio silence is best unless of an emergency, we meet here in ten to fifteen minutes to take care of de others...agreed?"

Taka nods and thinks for a second before replying. "If that's the case, perhaps it would be advisable for you to come with me, while Harker goes with Tiger." He looks to Tiger.

"While I mean no disrespect to your considerable combat skill, Tiger, if Talvin's skills fail and a chromatic is able to take advantage of it, I would rather have myself present than you.

"Otherwise, yes. Any objections?"

[since Umoja was editing his previous post at the same time I was posting my last response - both hit the forum at the same time - I'm going to presume that Hastings didn't hear Daniel's first warning - otherwise he wouldn't have done what he did & it'd screw up the continuity...]

Hastings approaches silently, but quickly realises that the broken shards will not be moved without making some sound.

Not wanting to alarm those inside the building (& too far away to hear Daniel's mumbled warnings), Hastings stands to one side of the door, guns ready (& tracking the figures inside via thermograph & directional microphone), & tries his best to steady his chattering teeth as he calls out (loud enough to be heard by those inside, but trying to keep it quiet enough so as not to alert any Chromatics in the area),

"Hello in there! We've people out here in need of warmth & medical attention - would you mind awefully if we joined you?"

Daniel almost cries, except the cold prevents it. "Hsu, down! Get a gun ready or something! I swear... Abberants... Taint. Bad things. Get his attention." Daniel grabs a rock in his panic and tries to throw it at Hastings. Idiot! Why doesn't he notice. He starts rapidly signaling Hastings to come back... Oh Lord.... Oh Lord... Don't let the things notice....

Chrome Prime: The cavern of the crystal

The group splits.

Taka and Talvin make good time to their targets and dispatch them with relative ease suffering little more than a few scratches and minor burns. Talvin’s gifts lead them quickly to these creatures which were both crouched foetus-like on rolls of twisted wood strips in small smoky chambers heated by a neat pile of softly glowing coal between themselves and the exits. Talvin and Taka learn something; chromatics appear to be still aware in their sleep - aware enough to lurch into a defence, as soon as strange aliens enter their chambers at least - but are slightly more sluggish than their usual blurry speed in those first few moments of waking.

Taka wipes the pale chromatic blood off his blades and they begin back toward the meeting point.

Tiger Vaughn and Roosevelt Harker are not quite so lucky. The first of their targets falls easily enough. The creature was reading a slate and making notes on another in large chamber filled all about with slate pieces covered with laser etched chromatic drawings. This librarian lurches to the attack all the same, but is too slow by far.

The second target far more difficult! Harker loses track of the creature as Tiger’s long vibroblades finish the alien scholar. Desperately searching for the creature Harker finds that it is on it way to this very chamber – very close indeed. Guesturing quickly the two agents move to ready positions beside the doorway. But the chromatic clearly senses something from outside the room. It barks a deep, throaty question from there and lingers for some time when no response is to be had. Its lights grow increasingly bright and it enters.

Chrome Prime: Night at the broken factory

Daniel starts to mumble. 

"Dammit.  The building... Taint is seeping through.  Can't you feel it?  It's impurities..."  He shudders, and adjust his bag.  "It's a dangerous gamble, I don't want a slobbering wanna-be human-killer near us."

But, in the cold and heavy air, Daniel’s mumble does not carry to the involved and intensely cold Robert Hastings who has just reached the building's door.

"Hello in there! We've people out here in need of warmth & medical attention - would you mind awefully if we joined you?"

On Hastings’ thermograph he sees the figure within straighten to around six foot four. He (Hastings learned to tell that difference on a thermograph long ago) takes some sort of cool staff with a warmer curve at one end from against a wall (Hastings’ realises that it is shaped like some kind of long axe from one of the ‘Historicals’ in his vid collection) and moves easily toward the broken doorway.

Daniel almost cries, except the cold prevents it.  "Hsu, down! Get a gun ready or something! I swear... Abberants... Taint.  Bad things.  Get his attention."  Daniel grabs a rock in his panic and tries to throw it at Hastings.  Idiot! Why doesn't he notice.  He starts rapidly signaling Hastings to come back... Oh Lord.... Oh Lord... Don't let the things notice....

A rock clatters off the wall and bounces back against Robert’s elbow. Then a thundering shot rings out from behind even as his finely honed reflexes are forcing him to fall – spinning to face the danger. He sees Caroline Hsu running painfully toward him, her auto-shotgun raised. Seeing no other threat behind he returns his attention to the broken door. A large, blood covered hand has just taken hold of the left section!

Guesturing quickly the two agents move to ready positions beside the doorway. But the chromatic clearly senses something from outside the room. It barks a deep, throaty question from there and lingers for some time when no response is to be had. Its lights grow increasingly bright and it enters.

His right hand gripping his knife, Harker reaches up with his left to flick on the Chromiecator. A whimpering bark escapes the speakers of the machine, expressing the pain of an injured Chromatic. Harker slowly moves backwards, shuffling with his feet to draw the enemy's attention towards him.

A rock clatters off the wall and bounces back against Robert’s elbow. Then a thundering shot rings out from behind even as his finely honed reflexes are forcing him to fall – spinning to face the danger. He sees Caroline Hsu running painfully toward him, her auto-shotgun raised. Seeing no other threat behind he returns his attention to the broken door. A large, blood covered hand has just taken hold of the left section!

Even as the Englishman is rolling to his feet, both guns aimed towards the emerging figure, annoyed thoughts are flashing through his mind in a relativly calm fashion,

*This is stealth & co-operation Psion-style I guess - make as much noise as possible whilst in enemy territory & shoot at the guys who look human. From those earlier reports I guess they could be abberants - & me without my trusty aberscope - must remember to thank the intel' boys for the heads-up on that one. More likely they're fellow soldiers who're just registering as Tainted to the mind-squad because they were attacked by aberrants. Oh well, I guess I'll have to kill them now anyway - no time to mess about. Any more of this weather & it's brass monkey time for me, & the wife wouldn't like that one bit, I can tell you. Not that the chances of seeing her again are all that great right now - thanks to the 'elite team' that was 'hand picked' for this mission. If I ever get my hands on the guy who thought covert-ops was the best place to put half the ISRA, a Nippon traitor & a snot-nosed kid, I swear I'll... No, wait, I'm not going to live that long - remember. Bloody brilliant that. You do all the work, prevent the secret mission being plastered all over the news - no thanks to your 'teammates' - reveal the Nihonjin Steve Austin, capture the flaming target, get to the arranged exit, & still you can't catch a bloody break. God I need a good cup of tea. Earl Grey, with a Digestive on the side. No, sod it, a Chocolate HobNob - you know you've earnt it Robert, old bean...*

Hastings empties a couple of clips into the guy at the first sign of trouble (but would much rather not shoot anyone...).

One blade held ready to block and the other poised for a quick thrust to whichever of the creature's brains is the easiest target, Tiger stands perfectly still waiting for the approaching enemy. His eyes lock momentarily with Harker's, and then they're fixed on the entrance.

*Focus, Tinto. Mess this up, and we're all dead.*

Regardless of wether Harker's ruse works or not, the blade in Tiger's right hand lashes out the moment the target presents itself, hopefully piercing the creature's brain. If the chromie is caught off guard (yeah, right... ::rolleyes ) he follows up with the other blade, if not he'll use it to block whatever counterattack is coming.

Chrome Prime: Strangers at the door packing heat

The piece of door is moved aside and positioned carefully against the wall revealing a tall, well built and golden maned man whosed hands, face and shredded anachronistic clothing are covered in dry blood. The man blinks at the sight of Hasting's weapon and Hsu's menacing advance. Hastings instantly notes that the man's eyes are completely black and that the weapon he holds in his left hand does indeed appear to be some sort of halberd, though it too is covered in dried blood.

Hsu raises her weapon and aims.

Chrome Prime: The battle in the archives

Harker’s plan works perfectly with one minor drawback, the large, shimmering Chromatic comes charging through the doorway at him! Tiger leaps in from behind the creature with his long vibro blades flashing down at it, but it senses him at the last second and boosts itself into a somersault with its powerful hind legs just as the young warrior feels his first blade bite! Harker’s knife cuts only air as the creature lands a good two meters behind him in a rolling turn.

Pale red chromatic blood splatters off the humming blade in Tiger’s right hand.

The creature dips into a crouching stance, its forward and side facing eyes blinking open and shut repeatedly, and the cave about it shimmers as its lights shift to lighter shades of red.

Why did he bring a screamer! Daniel mentally goes over how useless his pacifist weapon of extreme pacifism is right now. He stands up, and pulls his screamer out and aims it at the abberant as well.

((Now if I could find my copy of Trinity in my mess of a house, life would be complete!))

The creature dips into a crouching stance, its forward and side facing eyes blinking open and shut repeatedly, and the cave about it shimmers as its lights shift to lighter shades of red.

Tiger leaps after the chromatic, stepping quickly past Harker and slowing down as he faces the alien again. Knowing full well that it's faster than him Tiger approaches carefully, prepared to parry its first attack - and hopefully hurt it in the process - then finish it with his second strike.

Hastings quickly takes in the key points of the character facing him: tall & well-built, anachronistic clothing, ancient-style weapon, & all-black eyes. Now, he wouldn't put it past one of the more crazy Legionnaires to sport such an... interesting... look, but decides to play things a little on the conservative side...

... Presuming a worst-case scenario, this guy must be [gasp! ::nervous ] an aberrant. Thinking back to 'How to Kill Aberrants 101' his guns shift everso slightly to aim at the guy's eyeballs, then open-up with twin full bursts. After all, if the abberant gets to act, then chances are they're all dead anyway - hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em in the most painful place you can target, & try to at least reduce their chances of hitting you. The thought that anti-Chromatic smoke grenades my not be the best thing to have loaded right now also passes through the Englishman's mind, but he'd need at least a few seconds to load the shaped-charges, & at least he wasn't packing nothing but a Screamer... ::wink

On the off-chance that Hastings lives long enough to act again, he'll launch the two smoke grenades regardless (again, aiming for the thing's head), & dive for the nearest cover. If the aberrant is too close to allow him a chance to re-load (shaped-charge grenades first, then ammo' clips), he'll just drop his carbines, pull one of his pairs of handguns, & keep blazing away at the guy's eyeballs (whilst trying his best to keep the Hell out of the way...).

Chrome Prime: The Library

Tiger leaps toward the big chromatic fully expecting the creature to launch its own deadly attack before he can reply. It does. Almost. Tiger's parry is far from perfect. He was planning to turn the blade to slice into the creature's arm, but it is too fast and far too strong - the angles are all wrong. As it is, he barely turns the incoming claw aside and spins low out of the way... but he lets the spin continue and slashes the now much closer beast across the chest-mouth giving it the Chromie equivalent of a Chelsea smile...

Pale Chromatic blood splatters all over the young warrior as the beast screams its painfully colourful scream/bark and tries to wrap him up in a bear hug. A small part of Tiger's conscious notes that Harker has taken advantage of the moment and positioned himself well, behind the Chromatic warrior.

Chrome Prime: Aberrant ate my supplies

Hastings’ readied coil carbines lift and ZZZING out sharp death. Soon added to by the mighty clattering booms of Hsu’s shotgun and the high warning hum of Daniel’s screamer.

”J*SUS!” the word tumbles about Robert’s brain like a pinball bonus. He’s not sure if he thought it himself, or heard it over the electric cacophony of guns. What he does know for sure is that the only way to hit a target is to keep your eye on it. And he now knows that that is not possible with this one.

What Robert saw is that when his trigger fingers squeezed, the ‘man’ was still in front of him. It waited for him to fire and then it acted! What happened next was like watching every 15th frame of a speeded up old film projection ‘movie’: The thing flung itself back into the building as the metal slivers were cutting the broken door to shreds. It rolled on its back, caught the edge of the door connecting to the next room with the hooked blade on its long staff and spun out of his firing line just as he was bringing the ‘lead-hose’ down.

”Phu-nk-nk! Badooom!” Hastings angles the smoke grenade shots to ricochet into the next room.

”Please stop! Please! We need help!” a voice begs in both Hasting’s and Daniel’s minds.

Caroline Hsu screams insanely and charges into the smoke - obviously having trouble both with her injured leg and with the mess of debris hidden by the billowing anti-chromatic curtain.

'Damn Psions!' thinks Hastings, not for the first time that day, as Ms Hsu tries her best to make a bloody hard situation just a little more difficult. Instead of doing what he'd like to do, the Englishman wades into the smoke to grab the woman & pull her back out. If needs be - gentleman or not - he'll punch her proverbial lights out. That (hopefully) done, he'll take the moment they appear to have to fully reload his carbines, this time with shaped charge grenades in the launchers. He'll also try his damndest to not think about the sort of power it'd take, all things considered, to actually talk to him telepathically...

... If all goes according to (what passes for a) plan, Hastings calls out to the chaps in the building,

"Like I said, we're in need of medical aid & warmth. Now that we've tested each other's metal," 'or lack thereof' he can't help but mentally add, "let's call a truce - at least until we sort things so that the damned planet doesn't kill us, even if we end up killing each other."

The Englishman again aims-up in the direction of the (suspected) aberrants, & through sheer force of will manages to resist shooting the guy who brought a Screamer to a Nuke fight... ::rolleyes ::tongue ::wink

[...]but he lets the spin continue and slashes the now much closer beast across the chest-mouth giving it the Chromie equivalent of a Chelsea smile...

Pale Chromatic blood splatters all over the young warrior as the beast screams its painfully colourful scream/bark and tries to wrap him up in a bear hug.

Coming out of the spin in a crouch - left-hand blade trailing blood from the mouthwound - Tiger uses the momentum of his dodge to keep him spinning around the alien and position himself behind it, one vibroblade slicing across the creature's back.

Expecting the chromatic to turn and follow him, Tiger keeps his head and upper body low while whipping his leg around in a spin kick to the beast's head, followed by a chop of his right-hand blade to the (hopefully) exposed throat.

[unless he has to abort some of those actions to parry or dodge, of course... BTW: I know the description sounds crazy, but these maneuvers are actually pretty basic capoeira moves ::confused , except for the fact that he's fighting an alien.]

Chrome Prime: The Chromie in the Library with the Vibroblades (sticking out of it)

Tiger seems a mess of limbs, as he spins, seems to fall - but then doesn't – instead executing something between a leap, a spin, a pirouette and a well executed kick toward the creatures snout (which it dodges), while still trying to maneuver around the creature that continues to try to lock him fast. Harker takes quick advantage of the Chromie's distraction and spikes his blade up under the creature's closest fore-limb into a heart. It is a solid hit, and Harker twists his dagger pulling it free causing blood to spray out of the screaming beast. That delay is enough for Tiger whose low end-spin position becomes the base of his upward spring - driving one humming blade up through the creature’s chest plate into its central brain and the other into its 'throat' (being sort of below its head...Tiger is a bit hazy on xenophysiology in the heat of the moment).

The creature falls forward and begins thrashing, one claw grazing the Brazilian across the cheek as he momentarily struggles to free his weapons.

Thud the corpse collapses on the stone floor.

Chrome Prime: Negotiating with Aberrants

With much mental psion cursing Hastings wades into the smoke trying to grab hold of Caroline Hsu. The smoke blocks all his vision sensing equipment, but the Ministry Agent is panting and cursing in Chinese (*Tink: Highly Distraught: You ****ing bastards took my oldest brother. You’ll have to kill me now too! Kill me!*) His reaching hand grabs part of Hsu’s jacket – only to be dislodged with a lucky but definitely well practiced forward rolling back kick (which just smacks his forearm hard enough to break his grip).

"Like I said, we're in need of medical aid & warmth. Now that we've tested each other's metal," 'or lack thereof' he can't help but mentally add, "let's call a truce - at least until we sort things so that the damned planet doesn't kill us, even if we end up killing each other."

*Deal! Deal! Stop shooting, I don’t want to be forced to hur…* BOOM!(Hsu’s shotgun inside – probably fired randomly into the next room) *****!*

THUNK! (A solid sound of a hard object hitting another)

A body hits the ground. Hastings boot nocks into it.

*Look, she made me do that… There doesn’t have to be more killing…for God’s sake man, we’re HUMANS!*

Daniel reaches the smoke shrouded doorway.

Tiger carefully nudges the alien with his boot before he relaxes and turns the vibros off. He absentmindedly wipes them free of blood while he looks around the library and speaks quietly to Harker.

"This looks like your kind of place... Anything you want to bring or take a closer look at? Do it fast, we can't stay long."

When he's sheathed both his blades he looks himself over, registering the chromatic blood splattered all over him.

"F*ck! Do you remember how good their sense of smell is? Did you notice any streams or rivers somewhere around here?"

When Harker is done with whatever investigating he feels like doing, they both head to the assigned rendezvous point.

... the Ministry Agent is panting and cursing in Chinese (*Tink: Highly Distraught: You ****ing bastards took my oldest brother. You’ll have to kill me now too! Kill me!*)...

*Oh yes - & now's the perfect time to settle that score - it's not like we've anything better to be getting on with... Are none of these people capable of acting like a professional? Even if it was just acting, the attempt would be a start...*, thinks Hastings. ::sarcasm

His reaching hand grabs part of Hsu’s jacket – only to be dislodged with a lucky but definitely well practiced forward rolling back kick (which just smacks his forearm hard enough to break his grip).

*Hey - she just did a forward rolling back kick on a bust leg! She must really be mad!* ::crazy

A body hits the ground. Hastings boot nocks into it.

None too concerned about the status of the body right now (i.e. 'living' or 'dead'), the Englishman grabs it & drags it outside. Once there he (presuming it's Ms Hsu) checks to see what happened to her.

*Look, she made me do that… There doesn’t have to be more killing…for God’s sake man, we’re HUMANS!*

"Look, pal, you can be the feckin' Easter Bunny for all I care - if you don't get out of my head right now this whole thing is just going to spiral down hill, okay?!"

Daniel gets inside. He tries to assess the scene, expanding his senses, trying to create a scene that's free of smoke.

That damn abberant, what is he doing? He tries to assertain this, because it's not like he's gonna be doing any shooting.

Chrome Prime: the Library

Roosevelt scans the stacks of slates with the awe and wonder of a child faced with more sweets than he can possibly eat. Years. It would take years to decipher these. He pores over the closest tablet. Yes, more inscriptions like those on the walls, but his every instinct is telling him that these have been filed and ordered into a logical system. He picks up the top slate from the Librarian’s desk… Images of aberrants have been etched into it amongst strange alien symbols. The same is true of the slates below that, and the ones even further beneath seem to be of throngs of ‘characters’ surrounding (Harker feels that this is important since the writing is obviously a shortened pictogram) three brightly glowing and fully drawn chromatics standing in a triangle about a ball of light with rays shooting out to touch the surrounding throng… or perhaps travelling in the other direction... and in the top corners are hard etched shapes - those on one side have their own symbols whilst those on the other remind Harker of biotech starships. Where the chronologically previous tablet is, is anyone’s guess because by that stage he is down to desk... Harker pauses and then effortlessly makes that guess... more tablets... more History!

--

Each tablet weighs about 0.4kgs and is approximately forty centimetres long by twenty wide. The tablets are also delicate enough to break if you dropped them onto a hard floor.

--

Presumably Tiger and Harker will take what they want and return to the crystal cavern to meet the others.

Chrome Prime: Where angels fear to tread

With more mental cursing, Hastings drags Caroline Hsu’s limp body out through the shattered doorway just in time to have Daniel brush past him and vanish into the smoke.

"Look, pal, you can be the feckin' Easter Bunny for all I care - if you don't get out of my head right now this whole thing is just going to spiral down hill, okay?!"

*You’re the one who is broad… Jeez….* The voice in his head dwindles to nothing as Hastings assesses Caroline’s state. Blood and an already livid bruise cover the centre of her forehead from her brow to her hairline, but although the skin has been broken by blunt trauma, the skull appears intact and her pulse is still strong. Tink momentarily confirms Robert’s observations through analysis of the data from his optics.

Meanwhile Daniel is finding it easier going in the smoke, managing not to trip and still expanding his senses through the building. He senses a weak and fluctuating source of taint from main room. The building consists of two rooms, the smaller entranceway area and a larger main room that is perhaps eight meters by five, and lined with all manner of drums containing biofluid and spares… Daniel knows that the biofluid has been contaminated – both by the recent exposure to taint and by his own side… The picture in his mind's eye clears… He sees the ancient weapon lying in the doorway to the main room, within which, the tall, golden haired and dark eyed aberrant stands protectively over the entrance to a semi-spherical military issue bioshelter. And in the shelter …taint… and heat... a lot of heat... the minute hum of the hyperfusion generator and... breathing.

The tall aberrant’s voice is strong, but strained and has the echoing twang of archaic American to it. ”I don’t want trouble, Ok! I just need help! We’re all alone and my wife’s been terribly hurt. I can’t get this f*cking medicine to work! HELP ME!”

Daniel holds up his hand towards the Abberant. English, what a wonderful language. "Please, put your weapon down." Daniel holsters his screamer, it's useless against something like this. "Look, we weren't expecting to meet... umm.. Transhumans here. I'm not a medic, but I'm sure someone on our team can help your wife, but can you tell us what your doing here?" Daniel's voice is wavery. It wasn't his job to negotiate with Terrorist in New Dehli, he just difused the bombs.

With more mental cursing, Hastings drags Caroline Hsu’s limp body out through the shattered doorway just in time to have Daniel brush past him and vanish into the smoke.

Hastings takes a moment to wonder why he fired the smoke in the first place, when all he wanted to do was impact the Aberrant with the canisters, but has long since learnt not to over-analyse such things. At least it seems to have given the Psions something to do... ::sly

Having checked Ms Hsu, the Englishman returns to the Chromatic prisoner, picks it up, & heads over to the shelter.

”I don’t want trouble, Ok! I just need help! We’re all alone and my wife’s been terribly hurt. I can’t get this f*cking medicine to work! HELP ME!”

*Only one thing worse than an aberrant*, thinks Hastings, *Americans...* ::tongue ::wink

Calling out he says,

"Fine, fine. We're coming in, just don't hit any more of my people..."

For a moment Hastings considers that it's Screamer-boy who's just gone into the smoke, & that his job might even be a little easier without him, but manages to chase the cruel thought away... ::devil

"... No, don't hit anyone." ::sly

With that (& lacking anything close to a sane plan of action), the Englishman heads into the shelter until he can put the prisoner in the warmth, then heads out to bring Ms Hsu in as well, then huddles close to the heat-source to get warm. When he can feel all his dangly-bits again, he takes a look at the aberrant's 'wife' (but expects the worst ::squid ).

His backpack and any other containers stuffed with tablets, Roosevelt is nearly esctatic with glee as they walk back to meet the others. Bubbling with excitement, he does his best to maintain a professional demeanor, and stay alert for possible danger.

*This is amazing! What an incredible discovery...I've got to study these as soon as possible. Okay, wait a minute Rooster, keep an eye out. If you die on this godforsaken planet, you'll never be able to share this information. Still, what a find!*

Tiger shakes his head at Harker's behavior.

*Like a kid in a candystore...* ::rolleyes

Harker is left to the carrying on his own, as Tiger - if asked, that is - refuses to be burdened with as much as an extra unnecessary kilo.

On the way back to meeting the others he, too, keeps all senses alert for trouble, and also looks for a pond or stream or similar to wash the blood off his armor.

Not long after, they both enter the chamber where Taka and Talvin probably have been waiting for a while. Nodding to Taka Tiger says quietly

"Had a little trouble with the second one. No harm done, though. Move on?"

Archived