Adventure! RPG - Mage/Adventure cross-over

The History Follower

I think a few people have toyed with sorcerer rules for mages in adventure - try looking on the white wolf site. Personally I would modify the rules for superscience to become rituals. Actual sphere magic is a wee bit powerful as the Adventure powers tend to have effects that are quite similar but much more limited in scope - although Dramatic Editing widens that scope considerably.

-Knave

I agree about the spheres; Mages have more versatility and the potential to do high-powered things than the Inspired, but the Inspired don’t have to deal with Paradox. We could limit spheres to third level limit or use specialty spheres like they suggest in Mage’s storyteller handbook.

Any ways, my plan is to take the rules and story elements for Mage: The Accession, tweak them so they fit into Adventure with out conflicting with it’s rules and metaplot, and make the mood and theme more action oriented and less metaphysic soul searching.

“A little less ritual and a little more fun.”

If anyone has any suggestion to help or points I should consider let me know. I don’t want you just posting saying why my idea sucks, this is a thread to debate doing this. I am.

• 3 years later...

Actually, I had been thinking about it some, and you could do a pretty credible Technocracy game using the Adventure rules, with minimal modification. After all, any device-based Procedure could simply be covered using Advanced or Innovative gadgetry. Most of the improvised procedures, tech based or not, can be done using dramatic editting. That leaves the non-improvised skill based procedures, which could probably be covered by Knacks. Cybernetic and biotech enhancements are covered pretty well by the advancement rules, and independent devices can be covered by the appropriate background.

So, the only major change I'd make is giving the full Technocrats the Mad Scientist knack for free ( covering their own ability to make technomagick gadgetry to cover effects, essentially ), and build knacks to cover the more common non-tech based effects. It'd take some doing ( might require allowing the usage of Aberrant quantum gadgeteering rules ), but it'd probably work.

• 4 weeks later...

The Sorcerer rules should be just about right...Even at five dots, most of the paths aren't really that powerful, and the inherent limitations on sorcerers (all paths require a focus of some sort, and the local paradigm must support the sorcerer, at least to some degree) would balance them out rather well...

FR

Archived