Aberrant: Quantum Zero - QZ - game mechanics

Asbjørn

"Did you know your aura just flared-up in the same way Orzaiz's does when he gets really charming?.. Is that what you're here to do, Mike, are you here to sweet-talk me?"

question, I was under the impression that mega-socials were inherently non-detectable (otherwise they wouldn't be very useful, ie. 'Hi, I am now trying to persuade you... Do you feel persuaded?')... Am I missing something on face value, or am I/Mike suppose to understand that Pathfinder has some way to detect the normally subtle uses of even mega social powers?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man... You're the worst case of mega-socials envy I've seen in my entire life, Bahamut.

::smiley1

Or...you could be a case of Not-havin'-to-have mega-soc envy

::confused ::smiley4

Derek has one of the weakest minds I've encountered

Yeah, that is quite a bluff (that and finding him in a minute)...I'm sure Terry feels very flattered by her staying nonetheless...

thats nullifer there that has that taint. I am...umm....Aberration free. *I* was the date dude. And I didnt need superpowers to get it either. 

B810, you max out so often I recon you're going to have to amend that statement come next chapter. Hell I think Will's gonna be picking up taint considering to how upset he's been.

am I/Mike suppose to understand that Pathfinder has some way to detect the normally subtle uses of even mega social powers?

Easy: Quantuum Attunement.

She sees flows of Quantuum. When you *use* Quantuum, she shes "your aura flare". And just spots the connection between Orzaiz being charming and his aura flaring up.

Not a stretch. I'd consider it pretty damn reasonable.

Doesn't mean the effect is negated, she just probably has buckets of Willpower...... ::wink

B810, you max out so often I recon you're going to have to amend that statement come next chapter. Hell I think Will's gonna be picking up taint considering to how upset he's been.

Just because I maxx out dont mean I'll get perm taint. It just means I get taint a lot quicker then norm...I wonder how much temp taint I have gotten as far?

Yeah, that is quite a bluff (that and finding him in a minute)...I'm sure Terry feels very flattered by her staying nonetheless...

You are right. I'll bet it would take her at least 10 minutes. ::tongue

She teleports to Chicago. Then she does a mind scan, or tracks him by smell or something. If she has Mega-Perception 4+ (which seems likely) then I wouldn't put it past her.

Just because I maxx out dont mean I'll get perm taint.  It just means I get taint a lot quicker then norm...I wonder how much temp taint I have gotten as far?

A better question is how important is it?

I.e. how much perm taint did you start with?

And how important to you is it that you remain aberration free?

Im not going anywhere low on QP. Especially in a place thats not nova friendly. Who knows who is out there?

What im going to have to look up is who the hell released my info to the public. I was under the thought that DeVries woudlent release my real name...

Imagine what my followerws would think if they knew?

The DMD sticks his shield on his back and sprints over to one of the jeeps, picks it up, and now he has another, bigger, shield/club. He (it?) holds it in front of him as he jogs through one of the roller doors.

K, now I'd like to subscribe to future issues of DMD's mayhem madness!™

Unless DMD happens to fall on them before they know he's coming of course...  ::halo

Yeah. There is that.

A part of me wants to say that it isn't my fault they got in the way.

Another wants to say that a group of on duty soldiers on a millitary base in a country at war is a legit target. That what the North Korean's are pissed about is that we won.

But most of me probably just doesn't want to think about it.

Derek, this is your conscience speaking....run away! Run awaaay!

::lookaround

I'm sure she's exaggerating her prowess...

I think...

Let's all join hands for this one!

Derek, run away! ::prof2

-With a name like Pathfinder, I don't think she's gonna have any problem at all finding him.

Derek, move your arse!!! ::crazy

Given how easy it is to locate someone you've met using Telepathy, it doesn't matter where on the planet Pathfinder is when she searchs for Derek. 5 successes gets you a range of 20,000km......

As for running, well.... Her Warp will get to Derek faster than Derek's legs will get him away.

So it's kinda given that she's gonna catch up with him.

Though, I'm not really seeing the problem. She's hardly going to launch into an attack on Derek the moment she appears. It's not her style.

And besides, you people talk like Derek isn't expecting something like this..... ::halo

That's possibly true. Don't forget the last appearance of Virus was a planned assassination. Given that Derek is not in direct opposition to Pathfinder and company, I don't see them choosing the 'direct assault' option.

However, should they do so, Derek is toast, and there's nothing I can do about it. ::wink

If Derek needs a crater at some point, I'll let ya know.... ::wink

In the mean-time, Derek would prefer to think his way out of a situation (or avoid in the first place if possible).....

Anywho, Derek could never afford ya. He's being funded by Masters, and after this little escapade, he'll probably be lucky to get a post-graduate in a 4-person university in some 3rd world desert.....

Otherwise, he's going to Prison. For a long long long long long long long long time..... ::unsure

Imagine this was was Adventure! Everybody would spend all their inspiration into getting DMD back into QZ right with Derek... Just imagine the look on pathfinders face as she steps out of her warp expexting to see Derek...

Pathfider: ::inlove Oh Derek...

Derek: ::sly hello Pathfinder meet Big D!

DMD: 'allo! ::ninja

Pathfinder: WTF! ::blink

Virus: ::crazy F@#$ That!!! You're on your own lady!

Virus clone 1: ::crazy F@#$ That!!! You're on your own lady!

Virus clone 2: ::crazy F@#$ That!!! You're on your own lady!

Virus clone 3: ::crazy F@#$ That!!! You're on your own lady!

Virus clone 4: ::crazy F@#$ That!!! You're on your own lady!

Virus clone 5: ::crazy F@#$ That!!! You're on your own lady!

Virus clone 6: ::crazy F@#$ That!!! You're on your own lady!

I can see Virus sending his clones to go toe to toe with DMD. After all that's what Clones are for and he has that strength drain.

On the other hand, Virus' powers are based on making people unhealthy and Alex's are based on staying healthy, so it might be a short conflict.

Virus: But that doesn't soak! ::blink

DMD: Sure it does. ::biggrin

"While we're waiting, who else do you want to go with you to visit Natalia? I'm guessing young William will want to be there, since he's got a thing for her - anyone else?"

Oh come on prof, one more night... please... need to get back energy.

Had to start experimenting didn't I? Just had to try 'figure it out'... oh well this is gonna be damned interesting ::rolleyes .

::sly Besides if it gets desperate I'll drain my eufibre ::biggrin

Archived