Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero - Elites

ProfPotts

Walking over to Vinnie, he says, \"Hey there. You Vinnie? Don't suppose you'd be willing to do that with me too? I think I can make an impressive crater, if that's what they're lookin' for.\"

- "That's me, yeah." - At Joe's question, he looks him up and down, then shakes his head. "Nope. I'd say you're a couple of tons overweight. I can't port much more than a normal human, so unless you wanna shrink first... Sorry."

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing Guy's estimate, Vinnie nods and says "Ok. Excuse me a minute, guys. I've got to go and talk to someone." Looking up at Joe he jokingly adds "And if you wanna show off, why don't you catch him when he comes down? ::wink "

He glances over at the gathered crowd who seem to be waiting for some more action. Then the space he occupies folds in on him again, and he disappears. ::teleport

He reappears two meters directly in front of the korean General, standing perfectly still to make the guards understand that he doesn't pose a threat. Unshakable confidence emanating from his every move he takes a step closer, and says "Good afternoon, General. I'm called the Ghost, for reasons I'm sure you understand. I would like to direct your attention upwards for a moment." (First Impression is on)

Looking up, he continues "Let me explain what's about to happen. Shortly, the Dark Matter Destroyer will be landing in this training field. I dropped him off at approximately 30 000 feet, so he should be arriving in a minute or two. The iron giant you see over there will attempt to catch him." - He smiles under his mask, then chuckles as he turns back to the gathered crowd - "Ladies and gentlemen, we'll soon find out what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object... ::wink "

Hearing Guy's estimate, Vinnie nods and says \"Ok. Excuse me a minute, guys. I've got to go and talk to someone.\" Looking up at Joe he jokingly adds \"And if you wanna show off, why don't you catch him when he comes down?  \"

"Okay. No problem. A minute or two? Damn, man..." Turning his attention back to the skies, Joe waits for DMD's approach, trying to position himself beneath the falling darkness. (Keeping my density at max, making sure I've got enough MStr, and activating Superheavy just before he hits. Just in case. ::wink )

At first surprised by the sudden appearance of The Ghost in their midst, the visitors soon relax & warm to his presence. Even though some of them may speak English, they also appreciate the thoughtful translation by Lodestone. Ms Cable in particular looks pleased by how events are unfolding.

Joe stands in the centre of the field, his massive feet sinking a good few inches into the turf as he braces to catch the DMD.

Somewhat quicker than The Samurai's estimate, the DMD can be seen as a black dot in the sky (The Ghost spots him first & points him out to the others ::smiley5 ). The speck grows rapidly as the behemoth approaches, plunging at great speed towards his metal counterpart. Ms Cable rapidly makes a 'phone call (those close can hear she's calling off the flying Novas who are assigned to destroy any unauthorised intrusion into the base's airspace), then moves closer to Vinnie & whispers to him,

"Are you guys sure about this... he's going awfully fast..." ::unsure

Between the two of them, the giants manage to manuver into an intercept postion, then...

... BLAM!!!

... they impact with ground-shaking force! A huge shower of earth & grass blots out the onlooker's view of the pair for a few seconds. When the debris settles the two giant Novas can be seen climbing out of a crater several metres deep. Those who look closely can see a couple of cracks on Joe's metal skin - although DMD looks none the worse for his sky-dive.

[Joe is Injured with Bashing damage, Bruised with Lethal damage. DMD is still somewhere in his Bruised Health Levels...]

The group of visitors appluade the demonstration ::thumbsup . Ms Cable (looking a little relieved) whispers to Vinnie,

"Show Joe to his quarters (bungalow 212 A) & get him settled in, please. I think I'll have a word with our guests." ::sly

then (after a quick word with the other 'suits') joins the visitors as they head off towards another section of the base.

\"Are you guys sure about this... he's going awfully fast...\" ::unsure

- \"Trust me, Ms Cable. The situation is completely under control.\"

The group of visitors appluade the demonstration ::thumbsup . Ms Cable (looking a little relieved) whispers to Vinnie,

\"Show Joe to his quarters (bungalow 212 A) & get him settled in, please. I think I'll have a word with our guests.\" ::sly

- "You got it. You coming over afterwards?"

As Ms Cable and the rest of the suits leave, The Ghost's posture seems to sag a little. Vinnie rips off the mask, and says to Guy and Andy "I think we just got ourselves a deal, guys..."

He is visibly in pain as he limps over to the crater Joe and DMD made. Looking up at the two giants he greets them with a smile. "Well done, guys. They must have heard that impact in China... Joe, Ms Cable asked me to show you your bungalow and get settled in. She's busy with the clients... So just come along with me, ok?"

He looks around at the others. "I think I'm gonna go and lie down for a while..." Then he walks off in the direction of the bungalows.

As Ms Cable and the rest of the suits leave, The Ghost's posture seems to sag a little. Vinnie rips off the mask, and says to Guy and Andy \"I think we just got ourselves a deal, guys...\"

\"When I start tossin' tanks around...I always get a deal.\" Andy says with a grin.

He looks around at the others. \"I think I'm gonna go and lie down for a while...\" Then he walks off in the direction of the bungalows.

\"Yea...me too. 50 tons of anything tires one out.\"

\"Bleedin' 'ell mates... You lot need to gon on bleedin' diet! 

Can I 'elp you blokes back to your bungalows then? I'll bring some epoxy resin for that scratch if you need it eh, Joe?  \"

"Naw...I'll be fine. Just tell my trainers for the rest of the day that I needed some rest. "

Andy yawns, waves off handedly and heads back to his own bungalo.

\"Yea...me too. 50 tons of anything tires one out.\" ... \"tell my trainers for the rest of the day that I needed some rest. \" Andy yawns, waves off handedly and heads back to his own bungalo.

"Take care guys. ::smiley5 I'll see you later, I still have that Quantum Theory class and then some meetings with the PR guys and some lawyers."

"Actually, I feel like a snack."

Alex shifts human and then heads off to the mess hall. Then he will continue with his normal schedual. ::cool

[Right, the Novas have the rest of the day (after lessons - absences will be noted as possible breaches of contract... ::sly ) & the night free. Joe will get to visit Superimpose to get an Elite 'persona' (& a pair of trousers that actually fit his giant form... ::shocked ), & be given his own schedule for daily training. So, anyone have any plans for that time?]

Setting DMD down, Joe stretches painfully. "Owwww. Man, I'm not catching you anymore. That totally sucked."

\"Bleedin' 'ell mates... You lot need to gon on bleedin' diet! 

Can I 'elp you blokes back to your bungalows then? I'll bring some epoxy resin for that scratch if you need it eh, Joe?  \"

"Ugh. Nah, hold on a sec, I'll be okay." As he speaks, Joe's skin can be seen to repair itself, the cracks disappearing as the wounds heal. Almost immediately after, Joe's form shrinks, his body returning to almost it's normal size. Oddly, his skin is still metallic, the pattern of carbides within shifting with a faintly audible grinding sound. The metal kilt, of course, falls down around his ankles with a thud. "Oops. 'Scuse me a minute." In a blur, Joe runs over to retrieve his backpack from where he was previously standing, and then runs back. Taking out a spare set of clothes, he grins sheepishly as he dresses. "I figured something like this might happen. Glad I brought extra stuff." All done, he follows Guy and Vinnie back to the bungalows. After dropping off his backpack, he takes a quick shower to rid himself of the dust, then heads over to Superimpose for his meeting. *Wonder what my new name's gonna be? I hope this guy can actually make me a costume that'll fit.*

Guy buys the first round for all present (his team at least) whilst scoping out the local talent... coming up with such timeless classics such as... "Cor... wouldn't mind a bit o' that, I tell ya." and "She got a double 'elping - that's for certain!" providing there is actually some 'talent' present. If not he'll try to lobby the bartender to put some footie on the telly. "Everyone wants to watch it mate. It's bleedin' obvious, mate!"

If not he'll try to lobby the bartender to put some footie on the telly.  \"Everyone wants to watch it mate.  It's bleedin' obvious, mate!\"

Although they probably have very different favorites, Vinnie definitely shares Guy's interest in football (or soccer, as Vinnie calls it) and does his best to help him convince the barman to put it on. Better than listening to Guy's talentspotting, anyway. ::tongue

Guy buys the first round for all present (his team at least) whilst scoping out the local talent... coming up with such timeless classics such as... "Cor... wouldn't mind a bit o' that, I tell ya." and "She got a double 'elping - that's for certain!"

"Um... Guy? This is an elite bar. Half of these girls can probably kick our asses."

Alex has never seen soccer so he will require some instruction, but he is willing to watch a match to at least learn if he likes it.

\"Um... Guy? This is an elite bar. Half of these girls can probably kick our asses.\"

\"'e who desires, but acts not, breeds pestilence, mate.

Besides, some of these birds are seriously fit!\"

(Guy ambles over to any of the women who happen to catch his eye and smiles warmly.)

(ever so slightly nervously he says)

\"'ello, luv. I'm Guy. I'm new 'ere (pretty obvious I guess eh?) an' I 'aven't rightly 'ad a chance to meet any of the other elites. So, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to join me an me mates for a drink over there... Maybe give us the goods on what all's going on an' that?\"

OTHERWISE:

Alex has never seen soccer so he will require some instruction, but he is willing to watch a match to at least learn if he likes it.

"No mate... get the ball in the net - that's the point... an' don't kick to any man be'ind either of their last two defenders... See this 'ere is a 4 - 4 - 2 split (much condiment strategy ensues).

Guy ambles over to any of the women who happen to catch his eye and smiles warmly.

*Oh yeah. If being "newbies" means we aren't worth having lunch with, of course that won't affect our chances at dating.* Alex thought to himself sarcastically.

The Elite bar on the base is called 'Masks'. Inside it's a pretty normal looking 'sports bar', with a pool table, juke box, wooden tables, etc. - it just has an 'Elite' rather than 'sports' theme. Along the wall behind the bar are numerous face-masks, each with a little brass name plate beneath it.

Unlike The Amp Room, Masks has a normal baseline staff - although only Elites are allowed in to drink. The bar-tender serves drinks to the newbies & switches the OpNet to football [it's only 'soccer' in the US of A - to the rest of the world it's football ::tongue ], but looks a little concerned... ::lookaround

... Several Novas are in the bar drinking: at one table is a huge Mongolian man with dark eyes, long black hair, moustache & small beard, as well as yellowed teeth (that can be seen easily, since he appears to be constantly smiling) - he's drinking excessively & laughing loudly at his own jokes, whilst his companions (a well-built blond man in basic cammo fatigues, & a bald black man with glowing red eyes dressed in jeans & t-shirt) try their best to ignore him; at the bar a rather gaunt looking white guy, with long grey hair & wearing a rather battered overcoat, sits drinking whiskey shots; at another table sit two attractive women (they're Novas - right? ::wink ) talking quietly & sometimes laughing - one is a red-head wearing cut-off jeans & a black vest, the other is an Asian woman with a 'lightning-bolt' tattoo over her left eye, dressed in an electric-blue skintight eufiber bodysuit.

Guy ambles over to the women and smiles warmly.

(ever so slightly nervously he says)

\"'ello, luv. I'm Guy. I'm new 'ere (pretty obvious I guess eh?) an' I 'aven't rightly 'ad a chance to meet any of the other elites. So, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to join me an me mates for a drink over there... Maybe give us the goods on what all's going on an' that?\"

The red-head looks around the bar, pointedly ignoring Guy, & in an Australian accent asks her companion (loudly enough for the whole bar to hear),

"D'ya hear something? I could'a sworn I heard th' squeaking of some kinda' rodent..."

Her companion giggles ::smile , hiding her mouth behind her hand as she does so, & the Mongolian & his companions laugh ::smiley1 . The red-head waves a hand dismissively towards Guy,

"Get away with ya' - this bar's for Elites, not no-name wanna'be's!"

\"Get away with ya' - this bar's for Elites, not no-name wanna'be's!\"

Swallowing his own ego and resisting the urge to back Guy up in this situation (and consequently get them all kicked out), Vinnie turns back to Alex and goes on in a ever so slightly strained voice "ahem... as I was saying: Italy has clearly got the best teams. AC Milan in particular has kicked any foreign team's ass in the champion's leagues lately... Of course, the players ain't all Italian, but it's the team that matters, you know?" Football is clearly something Vinnie has strong feelings about...

Her companion giggles  , hiding her mouth behind her hand as she does so, & the Mongolian & his companions laugh  . The red-head waves a hand dismissively towards Guy,

\"Get away with ya' - this bar's for Elites, not no-name wanna'be's!\"

::blush ::blush

Guy sits back down with the rest and smiles broadly ::biggrin ...

Loudly enough that a few people around him can hear, but not the redhead or her companion he says... " Women, eh. They make the 'ighs 'igher and the lows more bleedin' frequent."

Watching Guy sit back down the large Mongolian fellow gets to his feet & walks over. He slaps Guy & Vinnie both on the back (hard enough to cause drink-spillage), smiles a yellow-toothed grin ::biggrin , & booms in heavily-accented broken English,

"What fook you play at? You hear preety lady, yes? You ears fooked, little man? Bar for Elite, not for little fookers like you."

He spits in Guy's beer to accentuate the point. ::crazy

Watching Guy sit back down the large Mongolian fellow gets to his feet & walks over. He slaps Guy & Vinnie both on the back (hard enough to cause drink-spillage), smiles a yellow-toothed grin  , & booms in heavily-accented broken English,

\"What fook you play at? You hear preety lady, yes? You ears fooked, little man? Bar for Elite, not for little fookers like you.\"

He spits in Guy's beer to accentuate the point. 

Guy gets up and smiles broadly. ::bigsmile "Oh you poor fat bastard," Guy sympathises. And continues in a friendly conversational tone - projecting enough so that everyone in the bar can hear, "Are your wank jokes not 'olding your audience's attention? Per'aps you should pick a fight with some rookie who has only just joined, eh? That'd really show everyone what a big bleedin' man you are eh? Come on then you fat neanderthal twat. Lets see 'ow 'fooking' 'ard you are then. Oh and by the way - you stink."

[in the likely to ensue combat Guy is going to go fully defensive... he's not going to pay for the damage... ]

Joe walks into the bar, normal-sized and oddly, normal looking! No metallic skin, no noises, dressed in brown cargo pants, black shirt and brown fringed vest. If his teammates didn't know better, they'd swear he was just some baseline that wandered in.

Hearing only the last bit of Guy's tirade, and watching the expression on the Mongolians face, he winces inwardly. Sensing the tension emanating from his 'team's table, he slowly sits down at a table near the door, giving himself a good view of the entire room and it's patrons. Trying to stay unnoticed, he surreptitiously eyes the Elites in the room, watching for anyone trying to pull a fast one. *Aw, crap. This started already? Well, let's see how it goes down.*

Guy gets up and smiles broadly.    ::bigsmile \"Oh you poor fat bastard,\" Guy sympathises.  And continues in a friendly conversational tone - projecting enough so that everyone in the bar can hear, \"Are your wank jokes not 'olding your audience's attention?  Per'aps you should pick a fight with some rookie who has only just joined, eh?  That'd really show everyone what a big bleedin' man you are eh?  Come on then you fat neanderthal twat.  Lets see 'ow 'fooking' 'ard you are then.  Oh and by the way - you stink.\"

[in the likely to ensue combat Guy is going to go fully defensive... he's not going to pay for the damage... ]

Vinnie smiles in anticipation and pushes his chair slightly away from the table. This should be interesting... ::sly

He looks around, keeping careful track of everyone's reaction to the situation and all his senses on the alert (premonition on, ready for defensive action) . This is Guy's show. If nobody else interferes, he won't either.

*Oh that did it.* Alex realizes.

Half guessing, half reading Alex's expression Vinnie looks at him across the table, making sure he's not getting involved before he has to.

Sensing the tension emanating from his 'team's table, [Joe] slowly sits down at a table near the door, giving himself a good view of the entire room and it's patrons.

Vinnie looks over at Joe, to signal that he's noticed him.

Guy gets up and smiles broadly.  \"Oh you poor fat bastard,\" Guy sympathises. And continues in a friendly conversational tone - projecting enough so that everyone in the bar can hear, \"Are your wank jokes not 'olding your audience's attention? Per'aps you should pick a fight with some rookie who has only just joined, eh? That'd really show everyone what a big bleedin' man you are eh? Come on then you fat neanderthal twat. Lets see 'ow 'fooking' 'ard you are then. Oh and by the way - you stink.\"

The Mongolian keeps smiling ::biggrin throughout Guy's soliloquy, even nodding in agreement at some points. He politly waits for the newbie to get it out of his system, then retaliates,

"Fooking no-names. Bar for Elite - & Elite stick together..."

At that point every other Nova in the bar gets to his or her feet - the Asian woman transforms into a translucent electric-blue figure that appears to be composed of lightning; her Aussie companion smiles & cracks her knuckles; the blond guy stands, then floats about a foot off the floor, dust swirling beneath his feet; the black guy steps forward - red eyes fixed on the 'new meat'; & the gaunt guy at the bar stands & turns - the air around him starting to shimmer in some kind of distortion. The baseline bartender ducks behind the bar...

Looking over the newbies as a whole the Mongolian guy asks,

"You fookers wanna' go - or you fookers wanna' fight?" ::biggrin

\"Fooking no-names. Bar for Elite - & Elite stick together...\"

At that point every other Nova in the bar gets to his or her feet - the Asian woman transforms into a translucent electric-blue figure that appears to be composed of lightning; her Aussie companion smiles & cracks her knuckles; the blond guy stands, then floats about a foot off the floor, dust swirling beneath his feet; the black guy steps forward - red eyes fixed on the 'new meat'; & the gaunt guy at the bar stands & turns - the air around him starting to shimmer in some kind of distortion. The baseline bartender ducks behind the bar...

Looking over the newbies as a whole the Mongolian guy asks,

\"You fookers wanna' go - or you fookers wanna' fight?\" 

Guy's smile switches to one of entirely smug appreciation... ::biggrin Thinking*This lot really should be in a bleedin' B movie, eh.*

Standing, Joe speaks, calmly. \"This isn't worth fighting for. Let it drop, Guy. Please. We'll be Elite soon enough.\" He walks over to the door and holds it open, waiting...

Guy turns and walks to the door. In the doorway he turns back ever so slowly... eyeballing the Mongolian particularly. He pauses as if to say something... shrugs... and walks out...

"'ope this bleedin' mission starts soon, mates. This place is starting to work on my tits now." he admits as the group heads back to the bungalows.

"Glad you backed off, man. That sort of thing isn't worth fightin' over." He chuckles, then says, "You guys were right about Bruce...what a fruit. Makes me happy I put some clothes on before I went over there. Still, he did give me a pretty cool codename, and my costume isn't pink and fluffy, so I'm happy. Oh, the codename is "Alloy." What do you think?"

Guy turns and walks to the door. In the doorway he turns back ever so slowly... eyeballing the Mongolian particularly. He pauses as if to say something... shrugs... and walks out...

As he passes Guy at the door Vinnie says in a low voice, but probably loud enough to hear through the silent room \"... Leave it for now, Guy. He's too scared of you to fight you one on one, anyway.\"

\"You guys were right about Bruce...what a fruit. Makes me happy I put some clothes on before I went over there. Still, he did give me a pretty cool codename, and my costume isn't pink and fluffy, so I'm happy. Oh, the codename is \"Alloy.\" What do you think?\"

- "Sounds cool enough. What's the costume like? Oh, and by the way... If you have a problem with getting drinks poured over you I wouldn't call him a 'fruit' around Andy. He's kinda touchy about that kind of thing."

Sounds cool enough. What's the costume like? Oh, and by the way... If you have a problem with getting drinks poured over you I wouldn't call him a 'fruit' around Andy. He's kinda touchy about that kind of thing.\"

((damn! You just have to warn him...dontcha? See if you ever get another amp well dumped over yout head ::biggrin ))

Archived