Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero - Elites

ProfPotts

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((ok...I do one of two things...

1. If the tank is flying at me and new guy is running where I can do this...ill diflect the tank to hit his torso...helping the tripping process

2. Ill diflect the tank to the ground...then magnetically grab one of the newcomers legs, assisting with the trip

))

The newcomer (who is now naked - since he ripped his way out of his clothes when he grew) speeds towards the Dark Matter Destroyer faster than a race car (more powerful than a locomotive?..), churning up large divets of earth from the exercise field as his massive feet fly (figuratively) over it - leaving a long cloud of dirt & grass in his wake...

... The Samurai reacts fastest to the sudden appearance of the new player in the exercise games. With a series of leaps & flips that would put the best Hong Kong action movie to shame he intercepts the speeding metal hulk. Trying his best to ignore the warnings of impending doom that are screaming in his head, he tucks into a ball as he flings himself at the 200+ ton metal man's legs (&, most likely, praying that his timing isn't even a little out on this one... ::crazy )!

The metal giant reacts too slowly to avoid the lightning fast Samurai - there's a flash of light from the smaller Nova's body as he barrels into the giant's legs, bouncing off at an angle as the larger Nova stumbles - now flying uncontrollably towards the DMD, who simply turns, plants his feet firmly, & squares-up against the oncoming metal mass...

... With a gesture from Lodestone the tank that was plumeting towards him stops in mid-air, hovers for a few seconds, then flys off towards the sprawling metal Nova. The two massive metal forms clash in mid-air, a fraction of a second before the metal giant impacts his dark matter counterpart. Incredibly the armoured military vehicle is totally wrecked, smashed into a thousand pieces of shrapnel, whilst the Nova seems none the worse for the collision, & is still on course ::shocked !..

... The two giants collide, with a booming force that is heard throughout the camp! The nearby baseline instructors & observers cover their ears & take a step back from the shattering impact. When they look again towards the two giants they see that the DMD hasn't even shifted, & has caught the metal Nova (who appears equally unfazed by the impact) - although it appears that even DMD can't actually hold this guy aloft... The two giants end up face-to-face, toe-to-toe, locked in a grapple... ::blink

[both DMD & Joe are Bruised]

Mid-rebound and the entire world has slowed down to a crawl...

the tank DISINTERGRATES against the metal giant with an almight CRASH!.. The Samurai is thinking * **** me! I'm still alive!*

The Titans collide... the world SHAKES... The Samurai is thinking * **** me! I'm still alive*

The Samurai crashes back to earth and backflips a few times to reduce his momentum... *Right, my son. Lets see how bleedin' 'ard you really are!* he thinks as he leaps five hundred meters almost straight up - twisting in midair to stay targetted on the metal giant - preparing, focussing his Chi (Lethal Damage) on a devastating kick to be delivered with all of his own strength as well as the power of the drop.

The two giants collide, with a booming force that is heard throughout the camp! The nearby baseline instructors & observers cover their ears & take a step back from the shattering impact. When they look again towards the two giants they see that the DMD hasn't even shifted, & has caught the metal Nova (who appears equally unfazed by the impact) - although it appears that even DMD can't actually hold this guy aloft... The two giants end up face-to-face, toe-to-toe, locked in a grapple... 

Staring DMD in the face, Joe cracks a very slight smile. ""Heh. Tough bastard, aren't ya. Unless you want everyone to think you're a poof, you might want to stop hugging me. Or didn't you notice I'm naked?" DMD can only stare back as he notices the newcomers metal skin shifting, the sound of metal grinding clearly audible. It's almost as if the metal of his body is rearranging itself, constantly in flux. Catching a glimpse of motion as Guy leaps into the air, Joe tenses for impact, the metal of his skin getting thicker and his body getting even heavier! (OOC: Superheavy is now turned on!)

\"\"Heh. Tough bastard, aren't ya. Unless you want everyone to think you're a poof, you might want to stop hugging me. Or didn't you notice I'm naked?\"

Andy smiles as he recovers and notices the large metal man is now naked. His smile turns wicked as an evil, *evil* idea forms in his head...

Andy extends his hand and reaches out with his powers grabbing between the large *metal* mans legs and magnetokinetically grabbing onto what lies between, and begins to crush his...ummmm...jewels (so to speak). ::devil

((sorry man...but there isent much I can do when your *this* big and heavy))

The Samurai leaps impossibly high into the air! [& will be down again in 3 or 4 turns time... ::smiley5 ]

As the two giants stand locked in combat, Lodestone concentrates his magnetic power on ol' 'iron balls' [ ::biggrin ], squeezing for all he's worth [ ::crazy ]. The armoured giant doesn't even feel it [which, all things considered, may well be a good thing... ::wink ].

Staring DMD in the face, Joe cracks a very slight smile. ""Heh. Tough bastard, aren't ya. Unless you want everyone to think you're a poof, you might want to stop hugging me. Or didn't you notice I'm naked?"

Alex smiles briefly, and says "that makes two of us, although my darkness clothes me better than your metal does you". (Alex continues to Grapple)

"So, how far did you want to take this? And I didn't catch your name."

Alex smiles briefly, and says \"that makes two of us, although my darkness clothes me better than your metal does you\". (Alex continues to Grapple)

\"So, how far did you want to take this? And I didn't catch your name.\"

"Uh, well...I'm Joe. Nice to meet ya. Actually, I only tackled you at the prompting of the cute blonde. If you let go, I'll back off too."

\"Cute Blond? What cute... ah ha! Do you mean Ms. Jones?\"

Rolling his head in Ms. Cable's general direction, he says, "Yeah, her. I saw you guys playing around, asked her if I should join in. Then she pointed at you, and said she wanted to see if I could take you down...so I gave it a shot. Didn't work out like I expected ::rolleyes , now here we are. You ready to let go yet?"

Rolling his head in Ms. Cable's general direction, he says, "Yeah, her. I saw you guys playing around, asked her if I should join in. Then she pointed at you, and said she wanted to see if I could take you down...so I gave it a shot. Didn't work out like I expected ::rolleyes , now here we are. You ready to let go yet?"

Alex thinks to himself, *Well shoot. He doesn't even know her name is Ms. Cable and not Ms. Jones. He might have just missed it. Or (more likely) he is just trying to trick me into releasing him.*

Joe blinks, then keeps talking. "Waitaminit...I'm not real good with names, but did you say Jones? That's not right. I think her name is Elizabeth or somethin'. Anyways...you don't really look like you trust me. Not like I blame ya. Anything I can say to get you to let go? This is starting to get annoying."

Alex thinks, *What would look best...*

(To Joe) "I'll tell you what, we are trying to look good in front of a client here. Greet me like an old friend after I let you go."

Alex lets go. *Show time*.

Assuming that the metal man does the same, Alex slaps him on the shoulder and roars with laughter. ::laugh ::laugh ::cool ::laugh ::laugh. (Someone really perceptive might notice an undercurrent of annoyance)

(To everyone) Everyone, this is Joe.

(To Joe) And by the way, NOT BAD! I actually felt that first one."

(On the other hand, if he takes advantage of Alex's yielding we will resume and up the level of violence). ::devil

Catching on to Alex's plan, Joe follows suit and starts roaring with laughter, using one hand to cover himself, while slapping Alex on the pack. ::blush Pretending to wipe at teary eyes, he mutters so only Alex can hear..."If you wanna give them a show, I'll let you chuck me in the air as high as you can, then I'll 'dense up' and see how big a hole I make!"

"If you wanna give them a show, I'll let you chuck me in the air as high as you can, then I'll 'dense up' and see how big a hole I make!" 

(Normal Voice) "Actually, we have a teleport here and were going to do just that. Let's move to the edge of the field and give it a try." Alex starts moving to the edge of the field.

Alex thinks, *I could hollor something spiffy to the instructors right about now? Sorry about the Tank? The Practical Joke is over? No. Let them read into this whatever they want. People see what they want to.*

The Samurai somersaults arms outstretched at the apex of his jump's arc, bracing himself... His breathing holds his chi at his centre, expanding it, intensifying it, feeling it build in preparation for explosive release... For the merest instant a thought crosses to his conscious mind. * Guy - you could really bleedin' kill that bloke doing this... is this really the sane thing to do? * and of course he has to justify himself... to himself... * No way mate. That git took a bleedin' tank on the 'ead an 'e's still going. I'm just going to 'it him and maybe put a little dent in 'im and jump away maybe before 'e 'as a chance to come after me... I'm sick of being razzed by these DV wankers... Don't they want us to get a contract or what?*

As he descends at an ever increasing rate the Titans release each other and step away... and begin to laugh ::smiley1 ::smiley1 ... Of all the things that might have happened - this is enough... The Samurai comes to ground between the two giants, his body collapsing into a backward roll and flicking fluidly into a series of momentum absorbing backflips... ending in a balanced martial stance facing the newcomer - fists cocked and ready just in case. ::ninja ::ninja

"Gah!" , exclaims Joe as the Samurai lands in front of him. Still covering himself with one hand, he instinctively takes a step back, turning slightly away and raising a big metal fist! "I don't want no trouble, ninja-man. I think I'm s'posed to be part of the team."

A sigh escapes him..."Listen man...you see that blonde chick over there? She's the one that sent me over. She pointed at your big dark friend there, and asked me to see if I could take him down. I just got here, I don't know the rules yet and I'm just trying to make good with the boss-lady. I got no interest in scrappin' with ya. Give me a break, ok?"

A sigh escapes him...\"Listen man...you see that blonde chick over there? She's the one that sent me over. She pointed at your big dark friend there, and asked me to see if I could take him down. I just got here, I don't know the rules yet and I'm just trying to make good with the boss-lady. I got no interest in scrappin' with ya. Give me a break, ok?\"

::smiley1 ::smiley1 ::smiley1 "Mwhahahah- Got you mate! ::smiley1 ::smiley1 ::smiley1 The Samurai ambles over and delivers a friendly punch to the giant's elbow. (in a confidential tone)"If you 'aven't been to Superimpose yet (and I'm guessing you 'aven't unless your name is The Naturalist or somefing!) and you want a little friendly advice - you might want to fink about getting some trousers before do."

Looking very confused by that last bit, Joe smiles uncertainly...then lowers his fist and relaxes. (Turning off Superheavy too) "Uhh...right. I'm Joe. Mebbe you can explain about this 'Bruce' guy...everyone here keeps warning me about him...?"

\"Uhh...right. I'm Joe. Mebbe you can explain about this 'Bruce' guy...everyone here keeps warning me about him...?\"

"Some things you really 'ave to experience for yourself, mate. But trust me, you will want trousers. Oh - and I'm Guy, or The Samurai in this get up. Nice to meet you. This 'ere is is the Dark Matter Destroyer - known by 'is Mum as Nigel ::bigsmile, I mean Alex. That bloke over there (wh)o was swing the tank around - 'e's Lodestone - or Andy. And that bloke there... 'e's our teleporter. Don't rightly know 'is Nova name, but 'e answers to Vinnie."

[The two giant Novas were slowing inflicting minimal Bashing damage on each other during the Clinch - but neither fell past their Bruised Health Levels.]

The instructors Lodestone was ranting at ignore his requests for explosives, & can't resist having a chuckle at his rather... 'worried'... response to the new Nova's arrival (like a potential enemy could just walk onto the DVNTS base... ::confused ).

Meanwhile Ms Cable has approached the group of visitors & appears to be talking to them, occassionally gesturing towards one of the Novas, or refering to something on her palmtop computer. The Koreans appear excited, & possibly impressed, by what they've seen - although the General himself maintains an unreadible professional calm.

There's a collective sigh of relief from all concerned when a metal plate from the remains of the practice tank is Magnetokinetically floated over to wrap itself 'round Joe's waist (kilt-fashion) in an attempt to preserve his modesty. Andy's instructors smile & make some positive notes in their reports... ::wink

Andy resists the urge to throw a tank at the laughing instructors....

He walks over to the 2 large men and says to joe. "Bruce? Tell him your want hte red and white circle pattern costume...Hell...if Im allowed Ill walk you over there myself. I need to talk to him."

Vinnie has been watching the whole thing. Now he's coming over to the others, wearing his black suit and skincolored facemask.

- "Good show, guys! I'm impressed!" Turning to DMD he adds: "So... you think they're impressed enough, or do you want a ride?"

- \"Good show, guys! I'm impressed!\" Turning to DMD he adds: \"So... you think they're impressed enough, or do you want a ride?\"

"I think the more impressed they are, the higher our fee. In other words, 'No' and 'I'd love one.' "

Alex shifts back Human.

(To Vinnie) "OK, lets do this."

Alex shifts back Human.

(To Vinnie)  \"OK, lets do this.\"

Vinnie reaches out and grabs Alex hand as if to shake hands. "30 000 feet sound ok to you?" Alex can see his eyes go slightly out of focus the fraction of a second before the world shimmers and fades around him.

The others see the shapes of Vinnie and Alex fade away, their bodies seeming to turn two-dimensional before they fold in on themselves. ::teleport

[30 000 feet]

One second, Alex is standing on firm, african soil. The next moment the DeVries base disappears, only to be replaced with open air. Looking down he can see the continent stretching out in all diretions. Before he has time to react, he feels Vinnie letting go of his hand and then he's gone.

[Ground level, a few seconds later]

The air shimmers as Vinnie 'folds' back into existence about a meter off the ground and lands in a crouch supported on one hand. Getting up and brushing himself off, he asks the people around him "Anybody know how long it takes to fall 10 kilometers?"

(Both ports at half strength)

He walks over to the 2 large men and says to joe. \"Bruce? Tell him your want hte red and white circle pattern costume...Hell...if Im allowed Ill walk you over there myself. I need to talk to him.\"

Glancing down at his new 'kilt', Joe looks up as Andy walks over."Uh, hi. Thanks for the uh, coverage. I appreciate it. I'm Joe, by the way."

Watching DMD and Vinnie port out, and only Vinnie returning, Joe looks up at the sky, shading his eyes with one hand as he waits for DMD's descent. Walking over to Vinnie, he says, "Hey there. You Vinnie? Don't suppose you'd be willing to do that with me too? I think I can make an impressive crater, if that's what they're lookin' for."

Guy rattles off an approximation - it'll be near the right numbers...

(It's been quite a while since I did this sort of thing - but Terminal velocity depends on the cross sectional area of the falling object. Looking at a skydiving site it says TV is an average of 120miles/h for a human shaped skydiver

Taking 120miles/h * 1.6 to get kilometers/h gives you 192k/h which is 192 000m per 3600 seconds... which means terminal velocity is reached at around 53meters per second ish.

So... Assuming 10m/s/s as our rate of fall under gravity - it takes just over 5 seconds to get to that speed, by which time the diver has fallen 150m. So 10km - 150m = 9850m at which Alex will be falling at 53m/s for a total of 186ish seconds.

So 5s + 186 seconds = 191 seconds - call it 190s. Divide that by 60s/minute and you get 3 minutes and ten seconds.

Course - this is all blatantly wrong if it's DMD that's falling : P

*The world is cold and thin up here*, Alex thinks to himself. *Correction: The AIR is cold and thin.* Even has he automatically adjusts to fall correctly, his outfit totally covers him.

For a long time Alex just stares at his surroundings. Falling like this almost causes sensory overload. After a time that subjectively feels like forever, he adjusts. *This is Great. This must be what it is like to fly. I have really got to learn how to do this.*

{{OOC: Personal experience guys. There is nothing like it.}}

Eying the ground, Alex finds it almost impossible to figure out how close he is. *How long has it been? How close am I? Well, I might as well transform. That should put some more speed on it even if I'm not close.*

Alex transforms. He also attempts to adjust his fall to land in the field.

Archived