Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero - Elites

ProfPotts

Vinnie starts getting dressed as he informs the others. \"To tell you the truth, guys, I don't know a whole lot about him. His name is Chang. General Chang. Ring a bell?\" - He pauses for a few seconds to see if any of them recognize the name. - \"He's supposedly the kind of client who likes hiring groups. I dunno why. All i know is he's gonna have a tour of the base this afternoon, and he'll be visiting our Quantum training session. So we gotta look sharp, ok?\"

\"Chang? He is chinese. I can tall from the name... Where he is from? That I dont know. Could be any of the mainland Asian nations. best bet is china though. Good thing I speak chinese, ne?\"

Looking at the curious expression in Guy and Alex's eyes he adds. \"You know I can't tell you that, guys. Someone broke the rules to give me this info. I ain't gonna rat on him. Not even to you. You understand that, right?\"

Andy speaks so that only the group can hear this...looking a little conspiratorial.

"Him? It didnt have anything to do with the googlie-eyed Ms. Cable, did it? ::sly Dont worry...Im just perceptive in that area. I help some friends out occasionally in their personal missions to get people together. Good thing we have a contact like that."

he grins as he pulls his mask over his head completing his eansamble...he makes a mental note to have a picture taken when he is in action to send to Andy, jake, and the his family and friend back home.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vinnie starts getting dressed as he informs the others. "To tell you the truth, guys, I don't know a whole lot about him. His name is Chang. General Chang. Ring a bell?" - He pauses for a few seconds to see if any of them recognize the name. - "He's supposedly the kind of client who likes hiring groups. I dunno why. All i know is he's gonna have a tour of the base this afternoon, and he'll be visiting our Quantum training session. So we gotta look sharp, ok?"

"Nobody I know off hand. Maybe the opnet would know more, assuming we can look him up without getting your contact in trouble. "

"As for practice, maybe that would be a good time to practice SkyDiving. We need a name for it I guess. How's "Demon Drop" sound?"

\"As for practice, maybe that would be a good time to practice SkyDiving.  We need a name for it I guess.  How's \"Demon Drop\" sound?\"

- "Demon drop? Yeah, why the hell not. You're the one doing the dropping, so it's up to you. As long as we don't get any jokes about demon droppings... ::rolleyes "

- "But as long as I can round up a parachute so I can take in the scenery as well, you're on."

(Muddled names now fixed - hopefully)

Vinnie:

Vinnie starts getting dressed as he informs the others. \"To tell you the truth, guys, I don't know a whole lot about him. His name is Chang. General Chang. Ring a bell?\" - He pauses for a few seconds to see if any of them recognize the name.

Guy shows no outward signs of recognition.

Vinnie:

Looking at the curious expression in Guy and Alex's eyes he adds. \"You know I can't tell you that, guys. Someone broke the rules to give me this info. I ain't gonna rat on him. Not even to you. You understand that, right?\"

\"Naaa. Explain it to me again, mate. Maybe wif some diagrams or somefing ::dontgetit ::sneaky2

Andy:

Chang? He is chinese. I can tall from the name...

Finking: *Someone call bleedin' mensa. We 'ave got ourselves a winner!*

Alex

\"As for practice, maybe that would be a good time to practice SkyDiving. We need a name for it I guess. How's \"Demon Drop\" sound?\"

\"De...\"

Vinnie:

- \"Demon drop? Yeah, why the hell not. You're the one doing the dropping, so it's up to you. As long as we don't get any jokes about demon droppings...  \"

*Bugger!* ::blush

Alex responds, \"It's just a little fall. Nothing to worry about.  \"

\"Sure, I'll jump if you stay 'uman all the way down, mate ::devilangel

Alex:

\"Basically. If we have time maybe you would like to play catch?\"

Andy:

\" Sure...nothing I havent done before.\"

Vinnie:

Looking a bit skeptical, Vinnie replies \"Oh really? This I gotta see...\"

"er... Maybe juggling a few tanks 'ere an that isn't such a bad idea eh. 'ow about that instead?

[iN SPANISH] \"Vinnie wasn't there to see you catch the jeep. We really should mention that to him.\"

Andy saus again in perfect spanish "Oh yea...he wasn't was he? He also wasent there when I picked up all the metal in a 10 foot radius and floated it in the air at superimpose... Im sure he will see what all I can do soon enough."

Andy smiles and says in perfect spanish without any foreign accent. \"You would be suprised what I can do.\"
[iN SPANISH] \"Vinnie wasn't there to see you catch the jeep. We really should mention that to him.\"
Andy saus again in perfect spanish \"Oh yea...he wasn't was he? He also wasent there when I picked up all the metal in a 10 foot radius and floated it in the air at superimpose... Im sure he will see what all I can do soon enough.\"

Vinnie looks from Andy to Alex, then back at Andy again. He looks a bit suspicious (on purpose) as he interrupts ::sly "Hey! What are you guys up to now? What are you talking about?"

Vinnie looks from Andy to Alex, then back at Andy again. He looks a bit suspicious (on purpose) as he interrupts \"Hey! What are you guys up to now? What are you talking about?\"

Alex responds (in English) "Actually, You. I mentioned that you didn't see him play catch with a jeep a bit eariler."

"Im a man of many takents...Like cleaning up superimpose *really* fast...well...fast for hte damage I did...  But thats beside the point.  Point is...Tanks arent all that bad to throw around."

- "I'll take your word for it, man. Would be fun to see some time, but I've got a feeling throwing tanks around isn't popular around here. Are we talking about battle tanks here, by the way? Like 50 tons and then some?"

- \"I'll take your word for it, man. Would be fun to see some time, but I've got a feeling throwing tanks around isn't popular around here. Are we talking about battle tanks here, by the way? Like 50 tons and then some?\"

I think the PR department has some tanks out back they use for enhancing resumes. People are impressed by what they know, what feels "real" to them. A General would be impressed by treating Tanks like Toys. I doubt that these tanks are functional.

{{I think 7 succ is 5 tons? And it doubles for each succ?}}

I think the PR department has some tanks out back they use for enhancing resumes.  People are impressed by what they know, what feels \"real\" to them.  A General would be impressed by treating Tanks like Toys.  I doubt that these tanks are functional. 

{{I think 7 succ is 5 tons?  And it doubles for each succ?}}

- "They do? Cool. Then why the hell not. Just don't throw it on me... What's next? Nuke tennis?"

(OOC: 50 tons=ten successes total on TK)

"no...I prefer to stay away from weapons of mass destruction...no telling what my powers would do to them."

((10 successes total is 50 tons...50x1000 = 50,000...as said in the other thread...with a WP spent...I have 5 base successes. If I max I can up that...I have a good chanse of tossing tanks))

- "Well, I'm off. Can't stand here talking all morning..." Vinnie gets his stuff together and makes for the door. "I'll see you guys at lunch or something. Or at least in practice later."

(OOC: We're doing it again, guys. I made a separate thread for these discussions. Can we try to keep this one as much IC as possible?)

Guy shrug's at the (bleedin') foreign language discussion, but once things return to a language he can speak is quite pleased that he managed to derail the 'catching' discussion into a 'how many tanks can you throw, buddy' discussion. He follows Vinnie out, eager to get on with the day... and the meeting with General Chang.

Elsewhere on the base...a helicopter arrives with another new recruit. Stepping off the chopper, Joseph Redfox stands there for a moment, taking in the view. A shorter, wiry man of American Indian descent, his stoic face reflects nothing as he surveys the base. Shrugging, he shoulders his backpack and heads towards the mess hall.

Entering the mess, he stops again and takes stock, assessing the room and the people within before helping himself to some food and sitting down in the corner, as far away from others as possible.

((When I notice him coming...Ima max out and start "pumping" a tank.  Play "catch" if DMD wants to ::devil ))

(Although the DDrop would be the most effective from a combat perspective, I think the Tank thing is probably the most impressive so we should start with that. Then if he stays around and/or if my partner gets tired (and he will if he has to use power Maxes) we can go with the Drop and perhaps aim for a tank.)

(And hopefully those PR guys are filming this. I'd hope they would be.)

Guy will try to organise a sparring match against a few of the trainers (using bokken)during which he'll do some Matrix type leaping about - including a few flips up onto and then off the tank that's being benchpressed / thrown about or whatever. He's not too bothered if he falls on his face a few times - he's more interested in pushing the envelope and most importantly keeping going. If he spots openings he's stop his punches / kicks and slices a few inches before they make contact.

Elsewhere on the base...a helicopter arrives with another new recruit. Stepping off the chopper, Joseph Redfox stands there for a moment, taking in the view. A shorter, wiry man of American Indian descent, his stoic face reflects nothing as he surveys the base.

Waiting for the new recruit is Ms Cable. The business suit-clad young blonde woman offers her hand to the new arrival, whlist trying to protect her hair-style from the wash of the chopper blades as it again takes off (an exercise in futility),

\"Mr Redfox, glad you could make it.\"

She smiles ::smile , then indicates for Joe to follow her,

\"Some of the other new recruits mentioned that the food on the flight over was inadequete, so I thought we'd start with a trip to the mess...\"

Shrugging, he shoulders his backpack and heads towards the mess hall.

Entering the mess, he stops again and takes stock, assessing the room and the people within before helping himself to some food and sitting down in the corner, as far away from others as possible.

Ms Cable just gets herself a coffee (black, no sugar), & places her palmtop computer on the table as she seats herself opposite Joe. She taps the screen with a stylus a few times, then looks over,

"When you've eaten we'll get you settled in, then over to Superimpose."

She suddenly looks concerned,

"You've no tendencies to... er... 'wreck things for no reason' do you? Mr Sauvage reacts badly to rudeness & we've recently had an 'incident' with one of the other new recruits - something I'd prefer not to repeat..." ::confused

Smiling again ::smile she adds,

"Oh, I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to head to your new quarters via the outside Quantum power exercise fields - there's something I'd like to check up on..."

Meanwhile, at the exercise field...

A group of 'suits' walk into view at the edge of the field. With them are several Asian gentlemen in military uniforms, & one Asian lady in the same. Those who are more familiar with the variances of Eastern people realise that the group are Korean, as do those who have some familiarity with military uniforms (soldiers of the Republic of Korea - South Korea that is). The young female officer appears to be taking notes for an older man (in a General's uniform); the other men (of varying ages & ranks) are both looking around the base & asking questions, & watching out for any danger to the General.

Acting quickly, Andy steps away from his trainers & takes a few seconds to concentrate, feeling the power grow within him until he can contain it no longer - the strain is incredible, but the mask of his costume acts to hide the pressure he's under. Concentrating hard he focuses on one of the 'practice tanks' [they actually work, but are older, cheaper, models - they tend to get wrecked in training...] about 50 meters from him (holding forth his hand for dramatic effect). With a groan of stressed metal the tank rises 10 meters in the air, then flys 30 meters across & down - following Andy's gestures, towards Alex!..

... Spinning (almost as if he knew it was coming...) Alex transforms into the Dark Matter Destroyer - the ground shaking beneath his massive stride as he reaches towards the on-coming vehicle & plucks it from the sky! Following through the momentum of the vehicle the DMD spins it full-circle around his body, before letting go - arcing through the air back towards the waiting Lodestone!..

... Like a flash the camouflage-garbed figure in the centre of a seemingly normal (if intense) kenjutsu workout leaps high - imposibly so - executing a graceful backflip, arms outspread, wooden sword in hand, before landing in a crouch on the airborne tank! Moments later the Samurai leaps once more into the fray, scattering his sparing partners with the speed & skill of his attack!

The visiting military officers are frozen in place at the amazing scene that's just erupted next to them ::shocked . Even after seeing many other Novas in their tour of the base this performance is something a little special!.. ::blink

\"When you've eaten we'll get you settled in, then over to Superimpose.\"

She suddenly looks concerned,

\"You've no tendencies to... er... 'wreck things for no reason' do you? Mr Sauvage reacts badly to rudeness & we've recently had an 'incident' with one of the other new recruits - something I'd prefer not to repeat...\" 

Smiling again  she adds,

\"Oh, I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to head to your new quarters via the outside Quantum power exercise fields - there's something I'd like to check up on...\"

Quickly finishing his food, Joe considers her question. "Uh, no...I try to avoid wrecking things if I can help it. I promise I'll be good. ::dontgetit Who's Mr. Sauvage?"

Quickly finishing his food, Joe considers her question. \"Uh, no...I try to avoid wrecking things if I can help it. I promise I'll be good.  Who's Mr. Sauvage?\"

Ms Cable uses the walk over to the exercise field to explain all about Superimpose's Nova designer [read back over the old posts if you want more details]. When the pair arrive at the field they're witness to the spectacular demonstration of Nova power that has enthralled the Korean visitors.

Joe listens carefully to Ms. Cable regarding Superimpose, trying to make sure he won't make any mistakes when meeting Mr. Sauvage.

Noticing the display on the exercise field, Joe stops and looks over at Ms. Cable.

"Should I join in?"

Ms Cable starts to reply,

"No, I...",

Then a sly smiles spreads across her face ::sly , & she says instead,

"Why not? You have to start somewhere, right?"

She points towards the hulking figure of the Dark Matter Destroyer & asks,

"You think you could take someone like him?" ::halo

Joe starts a bit, then looks closely at DMD..."Well, I could give it a shot. Let's see..."

Joe sprints towards DMD at an inhuman rate, his body shifting and growing to roughly 11 feet tall. His skin takes on an iron metallic sheen, his muscles expanding as he accelerates to full speed, aiming directly at DMD!

(Prof, I'm going full tilt for a Tackle maneuver, maxing out my Density Increase as I get closer. DMD looks like he can take a good hit... ::devil )

If Guy spots the new metallic giant coming in to muck up their show ::crazy he flips in as quick as he can (Enhanced Movement is definitely active for scene) landing in front of the newcomer - collapsing into a ball on landing so that the giant trips over him (Guy). Hopefully the giant's momentum will be sufficient that he can't stop himself, but not so much as to kill Guy in the process...

Joe sprints towards DMD at an inhuman rate, his body shifting and growing to roughly 11 feet tall. His skin takes on an iron metallic sheen, his muscles expanding as he accelerates to full speed, aiming directly at DMD!

Alex thinks, *What is this? Is one of the others is an illusionist or this is another nova? Hmm. Fast. Looks strong too.*

(Yep. No dodge. But I will try to grab him if he runs into me.)

Archived