Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

...a sharp backhander (AKA \"The Klingon Surprise Slap\") that sends the youth hurtling across the vault, smashing through numerous cases of priceless artifacts, & impacting on the far wall, leaving a deep Nova-sized dent in the metal. Even so the polar Nova starts to regain his feet at once, never once pausing for breath ::angry .

The golden Nova - Nefertiti - looks at Nullifier as he speaks to her, ignoring Masters & the others. A few moments later the light from her body intensifies a thousand fold - everyone's vision is replaced with a painful white light, as if they'd stared directly into the Sun ::blink ! A moment later there is a feeling of intense heat, a hiss like water boiling to steam, then a sudden rush of cold air. It'll take a few moments for people's vision to return...

Alex blinks in surprise, both from the fact that the bear is still standing and from the light. ::blink

He thinks, "Wow, he is still standing. Let's crank it up a couple of notches while my vision clears."

The substance of shield flows into the sword and becomes something much more lethal. Proportionally, it is just a large sword with a knob at the end of the pommel (OOC: bashing or lethal). But the proportion it is sized too is Alex's. ::shocked

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glacier regains his footing immediately and prepares to make another pass at Alex when:

The golden Nova - Nefertiti - looks at Nullifier as he speaks to her, ignoring Masters & the others. A few moments later the light from her body intensifies a thousand fold - everyone's vision is replaced with a painful white light, as if they'd stared directly into the Sun ::blink !

Glacier stumbles backwards, blinded by the intense nova. He stands stunned for a second, trying to see. He then decides that he remembers where Alex was standing, and charges at the now half-blind giant, meeting him with a punch to whatever passes for a gut.

It'll take a few moments for people's vision to return... 

"Argggh!!!" ::blink

::angry

"Alright, SCREW this..... I'm outa here....." ::angry

Still obviously blinded by the flash, Derek proceeds to do (what he hopes is) a 180 degree turn on his hands and knees, and crawl out of the room, one hand held out in front.

Once outside the room (ie once he feels the sprinkler system), he's going to turn 90 degrees to the right, and move forward 50 'steps'.

A constant stream of expletives can be heard following him...... ::wink

Once outside the room (ie once he feels the sprinkler system), he's going to turn 90 degrees to the right, and move forward 50 'steps'.

[Wow, 'Knightmare' flashback! ::biggrin ]

Derek, with many bumps, bashes, & similar annoyances, manages to make his way out into the corridor (yes... that feels like wet carpet under his hands ::unsure ), then crawl into the lounge. He can feel the rush of cold air, a cold wind really, increasing as he goes further into the lounge - as if someone had left a window open or something...

The substance of shield flows into the sword and becomes something much more lethal.

Alex concentrates, & the sword becomes truely impressive - although this is lost on the gathered group, apart from a few quiet, vaguely slurping, noises as the Dark Matter reforms.

He then decides that he remembers where Alex was standing, and charges at the now half-blind giant, meeting him with a punch to whatever passes for a gut.

Unfortunately, it appears as though Glacier's memory isn't quite up to par ::wink . He charges (very fast - he can really move when he wants to), fist ready, only to fly past his Nova target, & impact the metal wall, smashing through metal (& the brick beyond) & stumbling into the lounge, where he, rather ungracefully, ends up on his face ::wacko . Of course, again, no-one sees this pantomime - but the screech of the tearing metal, & the boom of exploding brickwork, are enough to make people worry about what's going on ::nervous ! Derek gets showered with pieces of brick, & feels an icy chill as the polar Nova lands nearby - the wet carpet his hands are in starts to freeze!

as if someone had left a window open or something...

::devil Yes.. \"or something\"..

He charges (very fast - he can really move when he wants to), fist ready, only to fly past his Nova target, & impact the metal wall, smashing through metal (& the brick beyond) & stumbling into the lounge, where he, rather ungracefully, ends up on his face.

Glacier and John agree profoundly on something for the first time in quite a while, and the figure shrouded in blue anima begins swearing like a diseased pirate. He drags himself up off the ground and, his sight still being gone, he amuses himself by tearing apart a nearby chair. When it returns (his sight, not the chair - chair won't be coming back), he either attacks Derek once he notices him (if he's even still around, which I wouldn't advise ::devil ) or notices that no targets are convenient. He begins to calm down, when Glacier remembers that the responsible party is in the adjacent room, and the anima's eyes flash with quantum-fueled anger. His hands tighten into fists, his knuckles cracking as quanta hisses up and down his arms, fueling into his claws (which had begun to fade) as they return to their former length.

He walks back through the hole of his own creation in a very calm and collected manner - a very foolish person might even mistake him for being once more able to control his fury. When he sees Alex, however, he flies into a rage once more. How dare he! Glacier charges towards the giant nova, giving a bestial roar, partly because he figures attempts at stealth are pointless, partly because he knows they are cowardly, and partly because he just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. He attacks with a crushing punch.

OOC: Just how big is the guy? I'm not, like, slashing at his ankles or anything, am I? ::confused

Unfortunately, it appears as though Glacier's memory isn't quite up to par ::wink . He charges (very fast - he can really move when he wants to), fist ready, only to fly past his Nova target, & impact the metal wall, smashing through metal (& the brick beyond) & stumbling into the lounge, where he, rather ungracefully, ends up on his face ::wacko .

Mentally Alex thinks, "HAHAHAHAHAHA. ::biggrin ::tongue ::smokin Now THAT sounded quite entertaining. I'd love to say something but I'm still not sure that she's noticed me back here. Time to hide, and "see" what is happening. Maybe I'll recover. Maybe I won't need to. Maybe something opportune will happen."

Alex freezes into immobility ::ninja . With all the unusual items in this place, a motionless ebony statue holding a sword looks almost in place. He tries to listen. But as impressive as his reach is, he won't do anything foolish without cause.

[Outside, at 3000 feet]

A small, glowing figure soars above the city, sometimes speeding between the skyscrapers and swooping down over the streets, and sometimes climbing high above the human anthill below. He's circling above the city's nightlife and just enjoying the cool air when a burst of light suddenly catches his attention. Rising from one of the skyscrapers downtown is a source of light that rivals the sun itself.

- "Wow! And I thought I was the light of the party..."

Forgetting all he ever knew about cats, the figure lets curiosity get the better of him, and flies towards the stronger light.

Blinded ::blink , the group in the penthouse are treated to the sounds of Glacier smashing furniture (& swearing) ::angry , the spray of the sprinklers (although those inside the vault stay dry), & a brisk cold breeze that now blows through the building. Gradually everyone's vision returns...

... As shapes start to be recognised again, & the dots fade from before people's eyes, it can be seen that some alterations have occured to the penthouse. To begin with, the brawl in the vault has left smashed, burnt &/or frozen remains of various priceless artifacts littered all over the room (with Glacier currently making good progress in spreading the destruction to the lounge as well). More dramatically, there are two holes in the vault wall, one a neatly melted circle about four feet across, the other a brutish rend in the metal & brickwork - this second hole obviously being Glacier's handywork. Furthermore there is yet another hole, in line with the first melted hole, this one in the outer wall & windows of the penthouse, in the lounge. Through this opening blows the chill breeze felt earlier, but through it also pours daylight, despite the hour still being closer to midnight! A glance out of the window confirms that the entire city is illuminated by Nefertiti as she hovers high over Manhattan Island ::cool .

Almost lost within the glare of the inhumanly beautiful golden Nova, a second figure approaches her - a glowing man flying under his own power. She glances at him briefly, before returning to her apparant quiet observation of the city below. One of the news 'copters that was circling the Masters Building flies closer to the golden Nova, circling her, the cameraman within leaning out of the side door to get pictures. After a few moments the newly arrived flying Nova can make out a change to her expression, as if she was annoyed with something. She looks at the 'copter & raises a hand in that direction...

One of the news 'copters that was circling the Masters Building flies closer to the golden Nova, circling her, the cameraman within leaning out of the side door to get pictures. After a few moments the newly arrived flying Nova can make out a change to her expression, as if she was annoyed with something. She looks at the 'copter & raises a hand in that direction...

Yelling out the hole in the wall, his dark form tired-looking despite the fires covering him, "Nefertiti! This is how the mortals show their adoration! Don't kill him just for wanting to give them a better look at you!" ::halo The hope that she'll refrain from toasting the baselines ringing strident in his tired voice. ::nervous

Alex barely glances at the hole. He thinks, "That puts her out of my reach. Which leaves only our polar friend. Or is that fiend?"

Yelling out the hole in the wall, his dark form tired-looking despite the fires covering him, \"Nefertiti! This is how the mortals show their adoration! Don't kill him just for wanting to give them a better look at you!\"

Alex responds in an even voice without looking, "What makes you think she speaks English?"

He is waiting for the other shoe to drop and watching the other "new" hole.

(OOC: As soon as my vision fully clears I walk over to the other new hole.)

She looks at the 'copter & raises a hand in that direction...

Oh crap.... What the hell is she doing...?

Acting on instinct, the flying figure positions himself between the woman and the chopper, glowing slightly brighter. He tries to sound confident and secure as he tries to distract her a bit from her target.

- "Hey, babe! What's with the grumpy face? Had a bad night? I'm sure these guys didn't have anything to do with that. Why not just go easy on them, ok? Give the camera a big smile..."

Under a relatively cool surface his thoughts are racing, wondering what the hell he's doing, and what the next step of this brilliant plan is going to be...

(OOC: Force field on, just in case...)

Terry gets up and approaches Masters

"Come Mr. Masters, there's nothing more we can do here and we should get you somewhere safe - Terry nods at the noise in the lounge - Perhaps once we're rested we can think of some way to handle this."

Terry leads (or leaves?) Masters and heads back the way he entered.

[The Penthouse]

As everyone's vision returns ::blink , in the lounge Glacier & Derek's eyes meet. Derek, after a moment of clarity in which he realises he's very probably going to die, scrambles to his feet & heads for the stairs (there's a door marked "stairs" near the elevator in the corridor). Glacier seems ready to give chase (not that it'd be a very long chase, given the two Nova's relative conditions & speeds), when first Nullifier, then Alex appear at the holes between the lounge & the vault.

Nullifier rushes to the hole in the external wall, ignoring the threat of Glacier in his obvious concern for the innocent lives being put at risk outside.

Yelling out the hole in the wall, his dark form tired-looking despite the fires covering him, \"Nefertiti! This is how the mortals show their adoration! Don't kill him just for wanting to give them a better look at you!\"  The hope that she'll refrain from toasting the baselines ringing strident in his tired voice. 
Alex responds in an even voice without looking, \"What makes you think she speaks English?\"
When he sees Alex, however, Glacier flies into a rage once more. How dare he! Glacier charges towards the giant nova, giving a bestial roar, partly because he figures attempts at stealth are pointless, partly because he knows they are cowardly, and partly because he just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. He attacks with a crushing punch.

OOC: Just how big is the guy? I'm not, like, slashing at his ankles or anything, am I? 

[Alex, in his Dark Matter form, is around 12 feet tall, although it's quite hard to judge exactly as his form seems to shift around a bit - he can stand up fully in the vault, although he'd have to duck a bit to fit in the lounge]

Glacier's charging speed is impressive, as is the thunderous punch that ends it as he slams into Alex, fist first. The giant Nova flinches with pain at the assault, but doesn't budge an inch from where he's standing.

In response to Glacier's assault, Alex's fist swings in an underarm blow, smashing the bulky pommel of the Dark sword into Glacier's chest. The impact is incredible, & Nullifier has to duck as a blue-white blur is hurled past him to smash out of the (remains of) the window & on, arching through the illuminated skies of Manhattan. Glacier is still concious as he hurtles under Nefertiti & the new glowing Nova, the end to his momentum not aparant as of yet...

Terry gets up and approaches Masters

\"Come Mr. Masters, there's nothing more we can do here and we should get you somewhere safe - Terry nods at the noise in the lounge - Perhaps once we're rested we can think of some way to handle this.\"

Terry leads (or leaves?) Masters and heads back the way he entered.

Masters joins Terry as he heads back into the lounge (where he got in), shaking his head,

\"There is nowhere 'safe' in this city now, & I hardly think it's a good time to be resting.\"

He briefly looks over the ruin that was his lounge, pausing to pick-up an old black & white photograph in a shattered frame, before resolve hardens his face, & he drops the frozen memory, turning instead to those present.

\"There's an access in the ceiling\", he points to a well concealed hatch in the room's ceiling (where Terry entered the penthouse), \"We can get to the Skymaster through there - we may still have a slim chance of stopping this insanity. If\", he adds, glancing at Nullifier, \"we all work together.\"

[Outside]

Acting on instinct, the flying figure positions himself between the woman and the chopper, glowing slightly brighter. He tries to sound confident and secure as he tries to distract her a bit from her target.

- \"Hey, babe! What's with the grumpy face? Had a bad night? I'm sure these guys didn't have anything to do with that. Why not just go easy on them, ok? Give the camera a big smile...\"

The golden Nova pauses, a smile touching her lips, then a gout of Sun-bright flames erupts from her outstretched hand, past the new Nova, engulfing the news helicopter entirely, & on, leaving a bright white scar on the heavens several kilometers long. There isn't even any debris left from the chopper. Even though the gout of flame didn't hit him, the glowing Nova is burnt by his close proximity to the blast [taking 2 levels of Lethal damage, even through his Force Field] ::nervous !

The annoyance dealy with, Nefertiti goes back to studying the city.

\"There's an access in the ceiling\", he points to a well concealed hatch in the room's ceiling (where Terry entered the penthouse), \"We can get to the Skymaster through there - we may still have a slim chance of stopping this insanity. If\", he adds, glancing at Nullifier, \"we all work together.\"

::blink

The golden Nova pauses, a smile touching her lips, then a gout of Sun-bright flames erupts from her outstretched hand, past the new Nova, engulfing the news helicopter entirely, & on, leaving a bright white scar on the heavens several kilometers long. There isn't even any debris left from the chopper. Even though the gout of flame didn't hit him, the glowing Nova is burnt by his close proximity to the blast [taking 2 levels of Lethal damage, even through his Force Field]  !

The annoyance dealy with, Nefertiti goes back to studying the city.

::blink ::blush ::unsure ::nervous ::blink

Sighing heavily and turning to Masters, "I suppose I'm with you, but I think you'd better explain what the deal is with Nefertiti here along the way. I want to know who she was, why she thinks she's the daughter of an ancient Egyptian Sun-Goddess, what the hell she was doing napping in your vault with no one the wiser, and what powers and/or weaknesses she has that you know of." ::confused ::halo ::dontgetit

With a howl of pain and shock he flinches against the heat. Quickly deciding that caution is the better part of valor after all, the singed flying man pulls away from the golden woman. Never letting his guard down or turning his back on her, he looks around for reinforcements or some real superheroes to take care of this problem.

- "Damn! Where are the big guns when you need them? And who the hell is this chick?"

Hoping to be of some use in addition to being out of the line of fire, he swoops down to the perforated building and hovers by the hole in the wall. When he comes closer, the form of a young blonde man wearing a skintight white and yellow eufiber suit and a singed and smoking leather jacket can be seen inside the white glow surrounding him. His eyes are glowing with the same white-hot glare as he looks around inside the lounge.

...what the hell she was doing napping in your vault with no one the wiser, and what powers and/or weaknesses she has that you know of.

Seeing Nullifier inside the opening, and overhearing the last part of the conversation, he pauses slightly before he says

- "Yeah! What he said! What the hell is going on here? Who is that crazy chick, and what did you guys do that pissed her off like that?"

Masters stands under the hatch & says,

"Ladder."

A moment later the hatch slides back & a ladder descends to the floor.

\"I suppose I'm with you, but I think you'd better explain what the deal is with Nefertiti here along the way. I want to know who she was, why she thinks she's the daughter of an ancient Egyptian Sun-Goddess, what the hell she was doing napping in your vault with no one the wiser, and what powers and/or weaknesses she has that you know of.\"
\"Yeah! What he said! What the hell is going on here? Who is that crazy chick, and what did you guys do that pissed her off like that?\"

He sighs as he pauses on the first rung of the ladder,

"It's a long story, one we don't have the time to go into in great depth."

He starts to ascend the ladder, talking as he goes,

"She was Emma Nazir, the daughter of an English lady archeologist & an Egyptian museum curator. The Atenist cult kidnapped her & brainwashed her into believing she was the reincarnated form of the ancient Queen Nefertiti."

Above the penthouse is a hanger or maintanance type facility. In one corner can be seen an ancient gyro-copter of some variety, covered by a dust sheet. Most of the rest of the place is full of tools, spare parts, & similar equipment. Masters heads towards a central ladder that appears to lead up into the mooring mast on top of the building.

"My grandfathers both tried to help her, & succeeded in rescuing her from the cult. Her psyché was, by then, fragmented into two distinct personalities - Emma & Nefertiti. The Nefertiti side possessed great strength & pyrokinetic ability, but each of the two personalities couldn't recall the actions, or even the existence, of the other. My grandfather - on my mother's side that is - named this condition 'Hyde Syndrome', after the infamous fictional character."

He starts to climb the ladder, still talking to those who follow.

"Over the years Nefertiti resurfaced several times, each time growing stronger. Eventually my father had a final confrontation with her, that resulted in Emma being in a comatose state. She was kept alive through life-support, as Masters International doctors sought to develop new technologies to aid her. Little progress was made, & her condition remained unchanged, until Galatea."

From the top of the mooring mast's internal ladder, Masters steps on to the enclosed gangway to the airship's 'nose' entrance, then heads on board.

"Soon after the accident I received a call informing me that Emma had undergone a radical change. Apparantly her body produced a strange kind of golden resin that hardened into that 'mummy-case' some of you saw in the vault. We monitored her progress, but aside from the vastly increased power levels we detected, she seemed to be in a form of biological stasis."

Masters walks a little way down the main corridor of the airship, before opening the hatch to the control car beneath, & climbing down. The men on duty - now wearing the same advanced body-armour that the MI guards appeared in downstairs - salute, & Masters orders them to get ready to cast off.

"Her condition was stable, but it soon became clear that certain parties had a vested interest in aquiring Novas - we realised, of course, that she was one - either alive or for medical study. It was no longer safe for her to remain at the medical facility, so I had her moved to the safest place I knew of - my home. The vault systems kept a constant watch over her condition - she was in no danger. Those Atenists must have found out where she was & planned their suicide assault to co-incide with the charity benefit - the time when my home security was at it's most vulnerable."

"As to her powers, well, we've witnessed some already. Before she went into stasis she had an impressive control over light & flame, was inumanly strong, & highly resistant to damage. Our computer models suggest that, at her current energy levels, she could ignite an area several kilometers across with a thought - & not everybody in the city is as tough as our Dark Matter & polar bear friends. Physically she has no weaknesses that I'm aware of."

"As to what 'pissed her off', as our young friend so eloquently put it, her personality has been moulded into what the Atenists see as their religious ideal. For those who don't know their Armana period Egyptology, Queen Nefertiti & her husband, the Pharoah Akhenaten, promoted the worship of the 'Aten', the solar disc, above that of all the other gods. The religion wasn't, as some have suggested, monotheistic, but rather suggested that a single god - in this case the solar disc that represented invisible power over the universe - was superior to all others. In light of what we now understand about Novas & their powers, the ancient faith appears to have had some interesting insights - & that may well explain Emmas pre-Galatea abilities: the Atenist theological teachings, backed-up by extended use of hypnosis & even drugs, may have resulted in a limited ability to chanel Quantum energies. Of course, before Galatea her abilities were insignificant compared with today's Novas, but now - she's had over eighty years of pushing her 'limited' powers, there's no telling what she might end up doing. So, she's not 'pissed off' as much as she believes that she has the literal god-given right to do whatever she wants. My guess is that the noise or appearance of the chopper was distracting to her, so she simply chose to destroy it."

Masters opens a locker in the back of the control car & starts to remove & check a very large, hi-tech, looking gun, connected via a thick insulated cable to an equally high-tech backpack. He pauses for a moment to look at the Novas,

"We'll have to see how she plans on dealing with the 'lesser gods' she now finds all around her. According to her religious beliefs her only equal would be Aten's other servant on Earth - Akhenaten, but the cult never successfully moulded anyone into his role, despite several fatal attempts to do so."

He shoulders the pack, & 'lock-n-loads' the gun.

"So, gentlemen, any questions?"

The icy blue fades from the polar bear anima's eyes, and Glacier regains control, noting, to his dismay, that he is falling rather rapidly. He also realizes that his claws have disappeared, which can only mean that he is out of quantum. He leans back.

Ah, dammit..

He briefly considers pulling a Ford, but decides that nobody could see him and he should really be thinking about other things anyway. He is very happy to note that he is still immolated with hypercold, icy energy. He takes a good look at his surroundings, and tries to steer himself (if that's at all possible) towards another skyscraper he can destroy.

OOC: If he gets near a building, especially Masters' (I just haven't damaged that building enough) he plunges his arms into it (claws or no - his Immolation still does damage) to try to slow, and eventually stop, his descent.

\"So, gentlemen, any questions?\"

Terry rubs his chin as he thinks out loud:

"What would happen if Akhenaten were to appear, or someone bearing his likeness? Do you think she'd try to test his power or would his presence pacify her? Of course...we don't have an Akhenaten, do we..."

Terry drops down rather disheartedly in a comfy chair...

"Well, I'm sure these peashooters won't help and I'm spent - Terry indicates his borrowed SMGs - I even doubt the effectiveness of that big gun of yours Mr Masters. You say she was created through hypnosis, perhaps we could use that against her. I'm no help, but maybe Gerry can do something. He did manage with those thugs in the club after all..."

William mumbles to himself but is loud enough to be heard by the others "Isn't this something Team Tomorrow should be taking care of?"

Looking up at where the helecopter was "You could almost pitty her, well if it wasn't for the fact that there was a crew aboard that chopper! Ok Masters your incharge here... " With that he follows Masters.

He shoulders the pack, & 'lock-n-loads' the gun.

\"So, gentlemen, any questions?\"

Following rather slowly, he looks around at the rest of the novas and Mr. Masters and sighs with obvious fatigue, "I might be able to take out her offensive capabilities temporarily, if I could get the juice from one of you to do it." ::unsure Shruging, tiny black coals showering off of him, "And I might be able to do that, but I wouldn't want to take the energy from anyone who's unwilling." ::unsure

Meanwhile......

Derek will be heading downstairs. He's easily followed, as the blue streak he's currently swearing can be heard from a fair distance......

Considering how high y'all are, he's SO not gonna be happy when he gets downstairs......

William mumbles to himself but is loud enough to be heard by the others \"Isn't this something Team Tomorrow should be taking care of?\",,

Alex replies, \"Sure is. And if they show up before she levels the city maybe they will do something.\" ::unsure

Following rather slowly, he looks around at the rest of the novas and Mr. Masters and sighs with obvious fatigue, \"I might be able to take out her offensive capabilities temporarily, if I could get the juice from one of you to do it.\"  Shruging, tiny black coals showering off of him, \"And I might be able to do that, but I wouldn't want to take the energy from anyone who's unwilling.\"

As he is following Masters, Alex replies, "When we get the chance you can take some of mine. I'm pretty still fresh." To fit through doorways (ect), Alex will shift human and lose the sword.

Alex still looks great in his tux... ::biggrin

[in Transit]

Twisting & flipping his body in an attempt to try & control his momentum, Glacier manages to steer himself just enough to be within reach of a wall when as he falls into the 'canyon' between the city's buildings. He feels a violent wrench of deceleration as he plunges his hands into the concrete & hangs on for dear life. Blue-white icy sparks fly everywhere as he carves long gouges in the side of the building, finally slowing to stop, dangling 5 stories above the sidewalk. The gathered crowd below (everyone seems to have stopped what they were doing to marvel at the midnight Sun), start to point & shout at the glowing bear-form on the side on the defaced building, camera flashes pop, & a policeman goes to call the incident in on his car radio.

[His Force Field down, Glacier takes another level of Bashing damage from his rapid stop. Although he feels no pain, he can't more at more than a snails pace, & he feels pretty shattered. BTW the best aerobatic display in the world wouldn't have enabled him to reverse his direction of flight 180 degrees to hit the Masters Building ::tongue ! The best he can hope for is that Masters owns the one he's currently damaging too ::sly .]

[The Masters Building]

Derek is met in his descent by a squad of Masters International security, who quickly recognise him, & offer to escort him to the medical facility on level 32, where the wounded are being taken care of.

[The Skymaster]

Terry rubs his chin as he thinks out loud:

\"What would happen if Akhenaten were to appear, or someone bearing his likeness? Do you think she'd try to test his power or would his presence pacify her? Of course...we don't have an Akhenaten, do we...\"

Masters shrugs,

\"Who knows - none of the previous 'Akhenatens' survived long in the position, although not all were killed by her.\"

Terry drops down rather disheartedly in a comfy chair...

\"Well, I'm sure these peashooters won't help and I'm spent - Terry indicates his borrowed SMGs - I even doubt the effectiveness of that big gun of yours Mr Masters. You say she was created through hypnosis, perhaps we could use that against her. I'm no help, but maybe Gerry can do something. He did manage with those thugs in the club after all...\"

\"Well\", says Masters, \"I'm guessing your right about the guns, but it's worth a shot.\"

Noticing Terry's exhaustion he continues,

\"Maybe you'd be more comfortable in the bar unstairs - if you don't feel you can be of any more help in saving the world that is?\"

William mumbles to himself but is loud enough to be heard by the others \"Isn't this something Team Tomorrow should be taking care of?\"

Masters flashes William a serious look,

\"We're trying to stop the city's destruction, not encourage it. The last thing we need is T2M putting the boot in! Have you met Caestus Pax?\", he shakes his head at the very thought...

... then double-takes back to William ::blink ,

\"Your Henessie's lad aren't you? I didn't know you were a Nova. Please don't tell me you erupted here - you father would kill me, & I've got enough to be worrying about right now!\"

Following rather slowly, he looks around at the rest of the novas and Mr. Masters and sighs with obvious fatigue, \"I might be able to take out her offensive capabilities temporarily, if I could get the juice from one of you to do it.\"  Shruging, tiny black coals showering off of him, \"And I might be able to do that, but I wouldn't want to take the energy from anyone who's unwilling.\"
As he is following Masters, Alex replies, \"When we get the chance you can take some of mine. I'm pretty still fresh.\" To fit through doorways (ect), Alex will shift human and lose the sword.

Masters looks at the pair,

"If you can do something, then I suggest you do it. I've ordered the Skymaster to intercept her... maybe we can lure her away from the city or something... I really don't know, I'm making this up as I go along, so any alternate plans would be welcome!"

As he speaks, the airship disengages from the mooring mast, & quietly steers towards the airborne figure of Nefertiti. As the giant vessel closes she glances towards it...

"If you can do something, then I suggest you do it. I've ordered the Skymaster to intercept her... maybe we can lure her away from the city or something... I really don't know, I'm making this up as I go along, so any alternate plans would be welcome!"

As he speaks, the airship disengages from the mooring mast, & quietly steers towards the airborne figure of Nefertiti. As the giant vessel closes she glances towards it...

Alex, thinking out loud says, "We could show her a picture of the pyramids. Specifically a Warp destination? Could we talk her into going home? That would at least drag this mess away from the city & keep the body count down.

Not that I can fly over and get her, but even if I could, do you think I could actually knock her out?

Or does anyone have a way to appeal to her other personality?"

Glacier grunts in exertion as he claws his way to a stop. He hangs outside the building for a moment breathing and swearing heavily, then smashes a window and drags his rear inside the building. Exhausted, he collapses on the floor and silently demands that his body pull itself together. He groans.

Ahh.. sucks being out of juice..

Oh well, at least I didn't die..

At least I didn't kill anyone..

For some reason the point is of little consolation. After a brief nap, he drags himself out of the building, giving his best effort at a collosal roar in order to ensure that the crowd stays away from him.

OOC: He does not dorm' down, obviously - John doesn't feel like dying anytime soon.

He has a look at what's happening on the ground.

Alex, thinking out loud says, \"We could show her a picture of the pyramids. Specifically a Warp destination? Could we talk her into going home? That would at least drag this mess away from the city & keep the body count down.

Not that I can fly over and get her, but even if I could, do you think I could actually knock her out?

Or does anyone have a way to appeal to her other personality?\"

Masters frowns,

\"If by 'Warp' you mean something similar to that space-warping teleportation trick Nullifier used earlier, then we've no evidence that she can do that - her powers seem to revolve around heat, light, & flame, but I guess anything's possible at this stage. I'm not sure she'd see the pyramids as 'home' in any case, they're not closely tied to Atenism, & those monuments & locations that were important to the Cult were systematically destroyed by the pharoahs who succeeded Akhenaten.\"

\"I have no idea if you could knock her out, you do seem damnably strong in your giant form. My father & grandfathers' journals indicate that she was superhumanly tough before her latest transformation, but they never had anything that hit as hard as you around. If possible I'd prefer to just knock her out, or restrain her in some other way - but the safety of the population of the city below us comes first.\"

\"As far as I understand the situation, Nefertiti is the dominant personality - Emma tends to show up when Nefertiti is defeated or exhausted.\"

Ahh.. sucks being out of juice..

Oh well, at least I didn't die..

At least I didn't kill anyone..

[OOC: I guess those gunmen didn't count, huh? ::smiley4 ]

\"If by 'Warp' you mean something similar to that space-warping teleportation trick Nullifier used earlier, then we've no evidence that she can do that - her powers seem to revolve around heat, light, & flame, but I guess anything's possible at this stage. I'm not sure she'd see the pyramids as 'home' in any case, they're not closely tied to Atenism, & those monuments & locations that were important to the Cult were systematically destroyed by the pharaohs who succeeded Akhenaten.\"

“Actually I meant that we could show her home via one of Nullifier’s gates and get her to go through. Its even daytime in that part of the world.”

\"I have no idea if you could knock her out, you do seem damnably strong in your giant form. My father & grandfathers' journals indicate that she was superhumanly tough before her latest transformation...  If possible I'd prefer to just knock her out, or restrain her in some other way - but the safety of the population of the city below us comes first.\"
Even if we were to knock her out, how could we possibly restrain someone like her?
\"As far as I understand the situation, Nefertiti is the dominant personality - Emma tends to show up when Nefertiti is defeated or exhausted.\"
So what we need is a telepath? Or maybe just someone who is really convincing... Especially if our Irish friend had some hooks into her personality.

... then double-takes back to William  ,

\"Your Henessie's lad aren't you? I didn't know you were a Nova. Please don't tell me you erupted here - you father would kill me, & I've got enough to be worrying about right now!\"

\"Yeah, well... I didn't know myself untill about 10 minutes ago either. ::blink Oh crap! Dad! how am I gonna break this one too him?\" William looks visibly upset, but then snaps out of it with a broad smile

\" ::biggrin Still I can't wait to see his face when I tell him!\"

\"I have no idea if you could knock her out, you do seem damnably strong in your giant form. My father & grandfathers' journals indicate that she was superhumanly tough before her latest transformation, but they never had anything that hit as hard as you around. If possible I'd prefer to just knock her out, or restrain her in some other way - but the safety of the population of the city below us comes first.\"

Hearing this William jumps in, though sounding very unsure "Um I've heard that some Nova's can shut down other's powers, maybe someone 'could turn off' her ability to fly? That would knock her out wouldn't it?" ::unsure

Noticing at Terry's exhaustion he continues,

\"Maybe you'd be more comfortable in the bar unstairs - if you don't feel you can be of any more help in saving the world that is?\"

Terry gets up rather angrily

"Now I don't think its time we start insulting each other Mr. Masters! I'd like to remind you that I took care of your Casino problem with zero casualties and little damage to the casino other than the odd bullet that actually hit the walls instead of ME! THEN I permanently disposed of some toga wearing cultist for you precisely to "save the world" as you put it AND tried to restrain a bit of the mayhem caused by that rampaging popsicle you invited! I'm not saying I'd rather lounge around and have a daquiri while the city's threatened by an insane Queen of the Nile wannabe! I'm just saying that any further exertion on my part could very well kill me!"

Apparently calming down a bit his voice lowers, barely audible...

"and I will do it, if it comes to that..."

Terry looks up at Masters again with newfound determination (as was probably Masters' intention ::rolleyes at least I hope..), his barytone voice rumbling:

"Now if you want my help here's what I think: The guns would probably just irritate her more than anything so I don't think that it is worth a shot, unless you want the Skymaster to get vaporized that is...I still think someone should get Gerry, our Irish friend as Alex put it, and see if he can do anything and try to get Emma back through hypnosis. In the meantime, you say that Emma shows up when Nefertiti gets exhausted so perhaps we should just try to make her exhaust herself..."

Terry looks at eyes the people on the bridge, one by one...

"With teamwork...we CAN do it! Here's what I propose"

Terry looks at Alex and Nullifier

"Nullifier, how close do you have to be to suck the juice out of an unwilling target? Alex generously offered some which could give you some leeway, especially if you say you might temporarily be able to knockout her offensive capabilities...When the airship gets close to her, we can go to the tophatch and I can lift you and carry you with my powers close enough to tickle her if you'd like. If you could leech off of her and weaken her while strengthening yourself, that'd be great. All we need now is a distraction while you get close...Does the Skymaster have any holo-projectors like you had in the Club? -looking at masters- if not, then it might be up to some of our fliers to do something - looks at the Yellow and White suit-bearing new arrival and William (doesn't know what he can do) - or the rest of you to do something imaginative. Comments or questions?"

As he is following Masters, Alex replies, \"When we get the chance you can take some of mine. I'm pretty still fresh.\"

Noding, the around him fading out, \"Thanks. I need to see if I can pull it off, first, so let me think about it. \"

The sparks falling from him have turned to black light, and his face, though barely visbile through the eufiber is a mask of concentration as he follows and listens.

“Actually I meant that we could show her home via one of Nullifier’s gates and get her to go through. Its even daytime in that part of the world.”

Shaking his head, erie specks of dark light showering off of him, \"Opening another warp would be very difficult, and I'm going to need all the juice I can get just to shut her down and keep her that way. \"

Hearing this William jumps in, though sounding very unsure \"Um I've heard that some Nova's can shut down other's powers, maybe someone 'could turn off' her ability to fly? That would knock her out wouldn't it?\" 

Turning his tired yet intimidating looking form to William, \"Actually, her ability to fly may be part of her control over solar fire, in which case it should go with the rest of it. If not, though, I'll try to cut out the flight as well. From what Mr. Masters says, the fall shouldn't kill her, but it will slow her down, and it'll give our resident giant here a fighting chance against her.\"

\"Nullifier, how close do you have to be to suck the juice out of an unwilling target? Alex generously offered some which could give you some leeway, especially if you say you might temporarily be able to knockout her offensive capabilities...When the airship gets close to her, we can go to the tophatch and I can lift you and carry you with my powers close enough to tickle her if you'd like. If you could leech off of her and weaken her while strengthening yourself, that'd be great. All we need now is a distraction while you get close...Does the Skymaster have any holo-projectors like you had in the Club? -looking at masters- if not, then it might be up to some of our fliers to do something - looks at the Yellow and White suit-bearing new arrival and William (doesn't know what he can do) - or the rest of you to do something imaginative. Comments or questions?\"

Sighing slightly, he turns to Terry and shakes his head, "Forget it. Maybe we could try that if I was running close to full, but even then it'd only be after I shut down her offensive powers. I'm not risking getting instantly turned to ash just to steal some juice. After I get her shut down, if I still have enough power left, we can try it though. I need to actually touch her to do it, I think. Let's try with Alex and see, shall we?"

Holding his jet black gloved hand out towards Alex, "I'll try to only take as much as I need. Lemme know when to stop. Ready?" The sparks falling off of him start to grow brighter as he reaches towards Alex to touch his arm.

The glow around him gradually receding to his eyes the new arrival follows the group up to the skymaster, trying to catch up with the situation and voicing his opinion when he has one.

\"Um I've heard that some Nova's can shut down other's powers, maybe someone 'could turn off' her ability to fly? That would knock her out wouldn't it?\" ::unsure

- \"I don't think that's a good idea. If she lost her flight-abilities, she'd fall to streetlevel, brush it off and still be just as explosive and lethal as she is up here. Even I could walk away from a fall from that height.

...All we need now is a distraction while you get close...Does the Skymaster have any holo-projectors like you had in the Club? -looking at masters- if not, then it might be up to some of our fliers to do something - looks at the Yellow and White suit-bearing new arrival and William (doesn't know what he can do) - or the rest of you to do something imaginative. Comments or questions?

- "We've already seen how she feels about distractions, so unless this blimp is tougher than it looks it's probably better if we use something else. Speaking of which, I think I'd prefer being outside if... er, when she gets angry. Mr Masters, do you have a headset radio or something in here?"

Nodding at Masters and the rest of you, he says "I'm Nathan, by the way. Nice to meet you. And yes, i probably could distract her, or even carry someone close to her, but I don't think it would be the safest thing I've done lately... Maybe you didn't see it, but she completely and literally vaporized a helicopter a few minutes ago and my bet is she's gonna be a lot more pissed off at us if we start picking a fight."

Looking at Terry, he smiles and says "But hey! What's life without a little risk..? I'm in. You got yourself a decoy, mister. What do you want me to do?"

Derek is met in his descent by a squad of Masters International security, who quickly recognise him, & offer to escort him to the medical facility on level 32, where the wounded are being taken care of.

Be escorted..... ::smile

Holding his jet black gloved hand out towards Alex, \"I'll try to only take as much as I need. Lemme know when to stop. Ready?\" The sparks falling off of him start to grow brighter as he reaches towards Alex to touch his arm.

OOC: I'll give him half my remaining pool.

(To William) "I'm Alex."

OOC: If I see a blast comming, I'll make a defensive action and transform.

William extends his hand.

...and Alex shakes it. "Pleased to meet you, circumstances could be better."

After Alex is done shaking hands (and after Nullifier is done) his hands grow jet black gloves. A careful look might show spines. A similar set appears appears on his arms. They actually in place and part of the tux. (OOC: Clinch damage is now lethal. ::devil )

Even if we were to knock her out, how could we possibly restrain someone like her?

\"My people can handle that\", replies Masters, \"but let's not 'count our chickens' just yet.\"

Does the Skymaster have any holo-projectors like you had in the Club?

Masters hides his sly smile at Terry's renewed enthusiasm, answering,

\"Yes & no. I'm afriad it's not quite like Star Trek: the holograms in the club, so I'm led to believe, are projected onto the spray from the waterfall, not just 'into space'. The Skymaster has a holographic outer skin, but it's really little more than a high-tech video screen.\", he points to a computer panel & screen to one side of the control car, \"The controls are over there, if it'll help.\"

...so unless this blimp is tougher than it looks...

Masters turns to Nathan, looking slightly miffed,

"She's not a 'blimp', she's a rigid airship, & yes, she's pretty tough. She also has a certain amount of magnetic shielding, since her own engines are plasma based, but I'm not sure if that'll help or not. In either case, I'd rather not have to find out if we have any alternatives - if Nefertiti doesn't destroy the Skymaster easily, she may decide to 'turn up the juice', which wouldn't be a good thing."

OOC: I'll give him half my remaining pool.

(To William) \"I'm Alex.\"

As his hand makes contact with Alex, the sparks falling off him flare brightly, becoming tiny black-light suns.

\"  William Henessie but call me Will, pleased to meet you Alex.\" William extends his hand.

Several seconds pass, and the fatigue seems to fade from his form, though he does still move as if he's in a bit of pain. The sparks falling from his dark body return to a slightly brighter, but similar level as before.

Suddenly, he pulls his hand away from Alex, \"I'm sorry, man, I may have taken a bit more than you wanted me to. Thank you, though. I may be able to use this energy to disable her offensive powers. \"

...and Alex shakes it. \"Pleased to meet you, circumstances could be better.\"

After Alex is done shaking hands (and after Nullifier is done) his hands grow jet black gloves. A careful look might show spines. A similar set appears appears on his arms. They actually in place and part of the tux. (OOC: Clinch damage is now lethal.  )

Looking around at them as they board the airship, "I'll need to get within about sixty meters of her to take out her powers. I'm not suggesting that you take this ship that close to her, but if not, I'll need either Terry or William her to get me out there and close enough to her. No promises either. It's possible to that she'll be able to resist me shutting her down. If so, considering how powerful she is, this might not work at all."

Archived