Aberrant RPG - Question about the Poison power

Hey all,

This is my first post on the forum.  Just a quick question;

The poison power mentions that the Nova is able to "drug" someone.  Does this mean that he is able to "inject" a drug into their system?  ie. Can he inject Moxinoquantamine into a nova prior to combat (assuming he can touch them) and have it detrimentally affect them (if they fail their resistance with +2 difficulty)?  If he injects an addictive drug effect into someone (baseline or nova) is there a chance that they will become addicted to it (even though they never physically took the drug)?

I'm looking to create an antogonist for my fledgling Aberrant campaign and thought this would be a good one.  Just trying to make sure that I have a good handle on the way the rules are meant to be interpreted.

Thanks in advance.

i unfortunately can't find my ab book at the moment or i'd gladly answer your question, but since i can't i'll welcome you to the forums instead... WELCOME! hope you enjoy the forums and the mild chaos that is eon... :)

if i find my book i'll get back to you, although i'm pretty sure either my sister or my boyfriend got to it...

Welcome!

(From memory) Basically... yes.  Most drugs aren't going to have to much effect on novas, but that power is the exception.  And drugs that *might* effect a nova will probably kill a baseline, but it sounds like you know that.  The general couters against this power are the mega-stamina enhancement "Health" from the APG and mega-stamina in general.  

I don't know how many succ you need to make mox, if the resistance roll is at +2, I'd guess more than 3.  If we assume it is a level 3 poison, then I'd guess 5 (but all this is from memory).

Archived