Aberrant RPG - Mixing Metaphores

Minerva

Okay, I'm sorry it had to be done.  I was looking at the wonderful Aberrant players guide at the power "Crosstime Travel" and wondering what would happen if a nova decided to go traveling in alternate realities and ended up in the World of Darkness?  What would happen if said nova decided to have pitty on one of the poor wretches and actually bring someone back?  No, I do not think that a vamp could embrace a nova (Hmm quantum radiation and the supernatural just don't mix to me... I think just drinking it causes Agg... and giving them blood just makes it inert... nova matabolism).  But think of it... being suddenly torn from everything... all curses would cease to matter... just something demented to think about.

---Minerva

Well, it was actually not intended for the twinkdom at all.  Actually what happened is me and my ST got bored and we had one of my Vampire PCs get dragged into the Aeonverse.  She was dragged there because she looked like (drum roll please) Jenny Landers... which really pissed her off.

So my charicter who had no influence, no money and was deathly afraid of being seen as a nova (experimentation anyone?) Tried to live her life as normally as possible and got a job.

My ST decided to make my life interesting.  A lot of the problems are actually associated with Vampirism in his mind and some... well are merely because the blood is controlled by the elders.  So here I am... suddenly going from 7th to 5th.  She was still deathly afraid of Aeon, the Teragen and other things... (by the way the word Terat is in the dictionary... ).  She was very old... very paranoid... and figured out all of the conspiracys within a few months of being there... she had a flaw she was obsessed with technology so the OpNet was fun for her... unfortunately with all the nova advancements (even with an intelligence of 7) she just could not keep up.

Now I'm not saying that that is the story for everyone.  And yes twinks will take this the wrong way (she was really into the laws of Cain and would have never drunk from a nova anyway).  But if you have a good time if you have a player and a storyteller who is into the wierd and the extreme (like most of the stuff you get out of the players guide anyway).  And who's to say anything if you both are having a good time with it?

---Minerva

If done correctly it unnerves the hell out of the players, Mage & Werewolf are the handsdown games for this. Twinks only result if the storyteller allows it. I've had experiance with this sort of game.

It can be a very rewarding experiance or the GAME FROM Hell!

Adventure/Mage works well to.  :Baaa

:Devil we are skilled... :Devil  in our current game pax's pimp is the ST currently (we st round robin) within the first thirty seconds of the game i managed to totally derail the plot... he was kinda ticked, but he forgives us every time we do it to him...

-harle

Me: Well, since it's just, I suppose that's what I'm supposed to do.

My Brain: No don't spank her, it would put you in terrible peril!

M: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.

B: No, it's too perilous.

M: But it's my duty as a man to sample as much peril as I can? Can't I just have a little peril?

B: No. It's unhealthy.

M: I bet you're gay.

B: No I'm not.

--------------

Professional walking carpet. Dragon of the North. Radioactive punk.

I think thew whole thing would seem pretty mad if you had never seen MPHG - and even then this is not quite in the realms of sanity!   :D

Which reminds me, we are the now the knights of ecky ecky kibang, whipdoing!

• 2 weeks later...

*in psuedo-scientific vioce* and as you see, here we have a perfect example of topic drift. topic drift is a phenomenon that develped along with the internet. it is still to this day not fully understood. what we do know is that it often happens while many people are paying attention to the topic, but it is rarely noticed in time to be stopped. the reaction happens so fast that before anyone knows it is has developed into full fledged absurdity. in particularly bad cases it has been known to cause sever abdominal injury.

:hehe

-harle

...it is has developed into full fledged absurdity.

Aha! Wattsman _has_ been here! I knew it.  :D

For those of you who have no idea what I'm on about, that's normal. Don't feel like you're missing something there.  :hehe

-Joseph

• 1 month later...

Archived