Manuel

As of the most recent Trinity metaplot Book (Which I guess would be Alien Encounter: Deception) does the public know about the Doyen and the role they've played, and so forth?

I remember seeing spoilers or hints of such, but did it ever turn out that way? Did the Proxies make an annoucement? Or do the characters break the news in "Ascent into Light"?

so far as i understand it (a few friends of mine have those books) there has been no leakage of the doyen involvement or their actual existence. my guess is that such matters will (hopefully) be delt with in asas. mainly the thing is, i doubt the orders would spill that, they have kept the lid on their origins long enough that this is just another drop in the bucket for the most part. they have a tendancy to just not answer questions.

victor

Technicly I don't think the public knows who the Doyen are.  They know that mysterious "Benefactors" gave the Proxies their powers, but I don't think the public is suppose to know.

But, then again some people must know something because the followers of "Doyo" (Hidden Agendas) effectivly worship the Doyen, though they also have Proto-psions, so one of them might have devined it or something...anyhoo I guess I'm kinda rambling but I think that for the most part people aren't suppose to know about them just like they don't know about taint or much about Novas

-Slag

The Chromatic public knows. Heh, heh. :devil

I agree with the previous posters that no, the human public doesn't know. Few psions know. The Doyo cult probably doesn't even understand just what they are worshipping, seeing their "gods" in a similar light as the "benefactors."

Just my take on it all.

-Joseph

I agree that the reaction would likely be rather harsh. In 2120, people aren't all that keen to being manipulated. Having the "mysterious benefactors" exposed as meddling aliens (Scooby-dooby-doo!) would be bad, in my opinion.

I think it would cause a large portion of humanity to turn against the psions, as well, considering them pawns of an alien race. It'd be a second Aberrant war, and Aeon would likely lose control of the situation very quickly. Especailly with some board members being puh-special.

-Joseph

Let's see here...

Orgotek would get overrun pretty quickly. The FSA would use any excuse necessary to burn the order to the ground. What that would do to the government due to loss of taxs would prove interesting.

ISRA would either be on the list of survivors due to the Hajj, potential help from the Upeo, and their abiities, or they would be slaughtered trying to help the other orders/Aeon out of the situation.

The Ministry. Telepathy scares people. Their innermost thoughts being read, no secret safe. Again, another government hit. China would make sure to eliminate this threat itself.

The Norca are survisors, through and through. Giusseppe and Co. would try to disappear, helping where needed, getting ready for other potential threats. They'd still get the Squid treatment by many, should they be discovered, but I doubt that it would come from Sudamerica.

Larssen's group would likely be the last of the fallen orders to go. They're tough bastards, but sometimes a little too valiant. Perhaps cells of certain Legions would survive. The Second, Fourth and Seventh are possible candidates.

Upeo wa Macho. Teleportation. Good survivor material, if you're a Star-Crossed. I think Atwan would probably condem most of her order trying to make up for the Esperanza disaster. They'd be around too long to not take a ton of casualties. On the other hand, their chamber is rather well hidden.

The Aesculapians already have a bad rep from Huang-Marr. Though they typically do good, Zeidler's lack of command would be the undoing of the docs.

Anyway, that's my take on the orders. This is starting to look like some pretty good chronicle material here, though.

Hey, Harle, maybe I'll run you and Pimpy on something like this when Watts Squared are out for a week.

-Joseph

I'm not so sure the Upeo would actually survive in any significant numbers...  Remember, since their founding they have already lost half their number (AuAu), I have to assume that a majority of that was when they were fleeing the other Orders--so I must say: if the Upeo are survivors they are in about the range of the Chitra Bhanu.

ISRA, yes (for a couple of reason--loose organization and clairsentience... of course, they wouldn't have a real semblence of organization AT ALL in that case).

Norca, as much as I hate to admit it, would probably survive simply on the merit of their shape-shifting abilities (Ahhh!  Stay away from the Psi Detectors!)

Orgotek, totally dead (UNLESS they could openly go subversive and pour a lot of resources into the revolutionaries in time to divide the FSA's forces, then they might be able to escape in some number).

Legions, sheer numbers and possibly less harsh reaction from Australia would save them.

Ministry, Bue Li's political opponents would probably use the oppurtunity to purge her order.

Aesculapians, If they did survive it would be without significant organization (ie: flee into the nasty zones that surround them), but they wouldn't really be an "order" anymore.

-Breearg

as far as the legions are concerned, i don't think they'd do well, seventh would be mostly ok, they would mostly likely retreat to somewhere like ruan's world due to the high number of psions and psion loyalists there even though it's upeo...

also, the tattoo's mark them well, and even if they hid the tat's, the drastically different temp would give the psion away... none of the other orders have a handicap like this...

i think australia would have a less violent reaction, but scores of home guard would be killed in riots and ambushes... the first legions reaction to these deaths would determine their fate i think... if they killed more than a hand full of civilians i don't think they would last long... however if they backed down to people and stepped up the aberrant swatting i think they would live...

as for the rest of the legions, americas wouldn't last long enough to know what happened, europe would be pretty well toasted if they didn't run into the abby filled zones and well, i don't think many would make it there as they'd be #### well scattered...

fourtune's knights as a group wouldn't survive, individuals i think would... the fourth would most likely break down into cells and escape genocide...

there's one more legion and i can't remember it...

-harle

But the Legions do have all those nice contingency plans for everything... and the tempreture change is not drastic to hide the tatoo.  I think they could slip away in many places, join the revolutionaries, etc. in the FSA.  I think a greater number could survive than you give them credit for--oh, plus their badass

-Breearg

they could, they could... although i do have to argue about the tattoo's, the books say that the temp change needs to be either about 50 degrees above or below body temperature to hide the tats... i call that a drastic change, because even if the legionaire has it only affect their skin, people around would be able to feel the slight difference in the air...

-harle

Heh, actually I doubt any serious persecution would happen besides perhaps from the FSA. Still, even then they couldn't wipe out all EK's nor even most. In all probability Trinity already has a major PR stint planned in case of revelation. After all, this type of thing is pretty much their mandate...

I imagine something à la "Wag the dog" would be used...divert attention to some greater evil. (Most probably to the aberrants...so a staged assault on a station somewhere maybe?) Could make for an interesting game for high-up players...Create a ruckus, don't get caught and don't leave trails 'cause after this we're sending in a proteus division and most likely clears to investigate the "attack". Don't know how you could fool psychometry though...noetic-scramblers?

Archived