Trinity RPG - "Must have" Aeon books

ezekiel

Just curious...

Usually when I buy a game I keep my purchases to the strict minimum (dm/st guide + players guide). Aeon has quite a few spiffy books though. Sooo...in what order would you place their importance?

1- Core book (obviously)

2- ??

3- etc...

Btw, I was looking through the Trinity player's guide the other day at the store and decided not to buy it since it seemed that 90% of what was in it was already included in my Core book (limited edition). Was there anything removed for the paper back version?

there is no hardback version to the tpg that i know of, and certainly no difference if there is, but buy it dude, its a gold mine of extra info. its got indespensable world and organization info (not the orders, the order books cover that much better respectively) but on things like the UN and aeon and a whole slew of other stuff.

my order of import

1. core book

2. players guide (trust me, its worth it)

3. either the order books of your choice (i have all but clears at this point) or the tech manual/ random splatbooks

4 adventures (defaulted here because i haven't been able to look them over closely yet

jake

OK, my take

1) Core book  softback with 'Story so Far' information

2) Players Guide - I agree - it really is worth it, very well written

3) India Underground...  erm. ignore me - shameless plug

3 (properly) Darkness Revealed Trilogy - a GREAT set of campaign adventures

4) Alien Encounter books 1 & 2 - follows on from 3

5) For your players, the little 'Trinit Field Report' books...  I bought a bunch and actually gave them to my players - its worth doing as they are inexpensive

6) Then the Order/Region books......

7) Tech Manual.......  got its uses, but some of it is a bit poor

There you go.

I agree heartily with the previous suggestions for the first two selections. After that, I differ some.

1. Core book (soft cover)

2. Trinity Player's Guide

3. Luna Rising (Psi order ISRA and Luna sourcebook)

4. Stellar Frontiers (Psi order Upeo wa Macho and solar sourcebook)

5. Darkness Revealed and Alien Encounter adventure books

The core is a given, and at $15 USD, you can't beat it. The TPG is a players' and ST guide in one. It has tons of useful information on just about everything. These two books together are all I fell one really needs to run some very elaborate Trinity campaigns.

Luna Rising is a top choice because of the location it describes: the moon. I've found it very helpful to have that information. Same goes for choices 4 and 5. Tons of great information. Some good reading, too.

-Joseph

When you mention Core book (soft cover)...is that the limited edition? I have the limited edition, does that limit the player guide's usefulness in any way? Is there any difference at all between the limited and non-limited editions besides the plastic cover and sticker?

The only thing in the player's guide that I've noticed that wasn't in my Core book were Dysfunctions (which are pretty much logical if you think about it) and I think there were also merits and flaws though I could be mistaken.

you have the first run of the core book, the softcover we are talking about was released some two years later and has a little section in the back called "story thus far" which is absolutely necessary if you want a game that synchs firmly with the timeline. the tpg gives detailed info on world govs the un and aeon, none of this is covered in near as much detail in the core. it also details the colony's real intentions on earth (another essential tidbit) talks abut psionic disruption and even gives you the first level QK powers (albiet freeform, no worries, until InUn comes out they are easily adaptable). TRUST US. this book is a GOLD MINE, it doesn't look like much from a glance, once you start reading it theres mountains of stuff in there. and yeah merits and flaws are there too (try to steer away from those myself, makes min maxing harder). none of the core book variants limit the tpg's usefulness atall, if anything they enhance its usefulness by giving you more background on whats going on and why its being explained in tpg. there is no repeated info in the tpg dude, not an ounce, all new all different baby.

:wink

victor

Archived