Trinity RPG - Un-triggered Latents?

Divis Mall

1. they're young, and haven't yet gone to a testing facility

2. they were raised within the shatter and or other such places where latent testing would be scarce

3. they have some kind of psychological problem (bias, phobia) that doesn't allow them to get tested on their own

4. they are high latency baselines still considering various orders that all want them to be triggered with their respective prometheus chambers

5. they are exceptionally low level latents and either have been overlooked on some tests or are trying (in the inverrse of the last reason) to find an order that is willing to dip and train someone with low potential

6. they've lived under a rock (i.e. luna in downbelow or other such place) for several years and honestly don't know the procedures for psionic testing

thats just off the top of my head. that roughly what you were looking for?

jake

This kind of goes along with too young: but the Orders generally have extensive training regimes that go along with being dunked (with the Legions being the shortest at, if I recall, something like 9 weeks--I'm probably way off, but that's the number that springs to mind).  And I believe the Ministry has the longest cause they have that Neo-Confusicus stuff.

That's the alternative to having them not have picked an Order or not know their latency--they are simply in the training regime that goes along with their order of choice.

-Breearg

Perhaps they have grown up on one of the extrasolar colonies. Until project: recontact this would prevent them access to a tank (and most of the psi-orders for that matter). I don’t know if you want to put them through the darkness revealed series, but the fact that they grew up outside the orders might make them the perfect (untainted/uninvolved) investigators for Aeon.

Triq

Thanks all for the welcome, happy to be here and contribute. Short bio: I've been a fan of Trinity (and adventure) since the beginning, own pretty much everything (including t-shirts). I St'ed a short-lived Trinity game, and will continue St-ing a A! game in (hopefully) september.

Again happy to be here.

Triq.

PC's are meant to be special, right? (Or is the pspecial?  ;) ) Start them off as neuts for the first session or two. Then have them meet up with some one or thing that forever changes their lives. You can then work them through the new awareness or feelings they may be experiencing. Kind of like a second puberty.

People may be giving me the old Hairy Eye right now at my thoughts (and Harle is already frightened to know how this turns out), but give me a moment. One good example, but possibly a bit contrived, depending, is being too close to a Leviathan when it goes "zip." Somewhere in the core (I think), it says that people who have never shown any signs of latency before that were caught in the wash of a tesser making a hop suddenly showed definite psionic potential.

And that's just the start my friend. Plenty of things you can do to mess with them in classic Evil ST fashion.

If you'd like some help on how to start it, or other ideas, we're here to help. Some of us uber-geeks ::points at self:: are just seething with excitement for an opportunity to help someone out.

Btw, I hereby enact the Ninja Rating System. Please ignore the other Staffers running away screaming.  :D

-Joseph

::cry

to the above post... and I think I speak for everyone who's played aberrant in addition to trinity... the phrase "leviathan goes "zip"" should never be used again to describe anything...

ever...

oh god I'm gonna have nightmares.

::ninja  ::ninja  two ninjas down, man.

seriously though, that's an interesting idea. the number of plot hooks are infinite with latent games. Finally, a game to which all those latency merits and flaws come into play! I never can get more than 3 games without getting dunked normally. lemme know how it ends up.

Archived