Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 9.2a The Flagship

Justin OOC

Francis nodded somberly and in respect.

"I'm sorry. Ironically, that bombardment brought me here. And it's why I'm here. The CTAA lost contact with our branch office in Tokyo, and warped me to Earth Prime to make contact and see what was going on. The building that served as the front and the base was leveled to the ground. I've been cut off here, so I guess my lot is with Satoshi now."

She glances over at Masane a moment. "A skeleton key, really? How unusual." She glances back at Francis and manages a small smile. "I'm still grieving, but I appreciate the sympathy, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been cut off from your home as well."

"All three of us are Isolated from the worlds we called home. If I go back now, I'll change the entire history of this world, if I'm not hunted by all twelve of the remaining Clans."

She sighed, and looked to the others. "At least here I have my Master, and a chance to be at peace. Back home, only death awaited me. That's why she sent me to him, why the contract was so easy. I was meant to watch the beginning, and be powerless to save my family, that's the curse I bear."

Francis sighed. "Makes two of us who can't go back." Masane looked confusedly at him, but Francis shook his head. "Kai made that offer a bit back. I said no. The authorities that sent me tend to take a dim view of people who spill our secrets. I don't think death is that likely for me, but there's nothing that really makes it worth returning home. So I'm going to have to find that chance that you have. My curse is... not knowing what's going to happen, though I should."

"Well, something about the way I came through, suggested that returning was going to be difficult without some help. It sounds like Kai could get me back, but I am now sworn to help earth, I can visit, but there is no perminant return to Aradia for me, until earth's fortunes are much improved." She looks over at Masane. "Which makes me present, I suppose."

• 3 weeks later...

Eiji joined them on the bridge, and suddenly an alarm blared. There was another ship, the Amaterasu on an intercept course. There was a rumble through the ship, the sounds of multiple explosions. "Captain Hoshino!" The four people began to dematerialize as the Dalaraan flagship disintegrated around them Through the field they could see the blue-white storm of death coming from the other ship. and then they were aboard the Macross. "Flagship destroyed Captain Nagarare."

Ryoma stood there. "Damn, it was a trap."

"Bloody hell." Francis wiped some sweat off his anxious face as he realized their plan had been countered by the enemy. A second, clearly deeper shock broke through as he realized the implications could be for Kai and company. "You don't suppose that if they were a step ahead of us here, then there's a trap waiting for Kai and the girls as well?"

Ryoma nodded. "PRoblem is, we're on the other side of the system."

He looked to Admiral Gloval. "What are the cchances we could do an in-system jump?"

"Not good, we don't have enough data."

"Then set the Macross Cannon to a minimum spread. With Getter I can make a Warpgate."

"And probably destroy the system."

"I have done this before Admiral.."

"Very well Captain."

He gave orders to prepare to fire on the axis Ryoma indicated.

Ryoma nodded to Francis and Sakura and the others. "Come one we have to get to my mecha, it's the only thing that's gonna pull this off."

"We must go where we can, to do what we can, never let go of hope, after all, the fate of earth and this empire hangs in balance by our actions. We must do all that we can, however we can, if by our support, Kai and those beside him have better chances, we must attempt to provide that support, whatever the cost." She replied, even as she began to move toward the hanger, quite swiftly herself.

Ryoma nodded, leading the rest, and they all sat in the three cockpits of the Shin Getter. The massive machine launched and the macross fired. The Getter fueled by Ryoma's spirit, fired a beam of its own, opening a Warpgate across the stars themselves, and to where the othere were so bitterly embattled.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived