World of Darkness: Balance of Power - [Vampire] The Last Night

Shosuro Miren

Though post-dance boredom had mounted, Mel noted the Prince and his childe dancing on the floor together. Slipping quietly through the crowds, the Hound took up a semi-hidded position within the nearby fringe of the crowd close to the Kindred's rulers.

Keeping his eyes on and around the pair, Mel kept an eye out for anything to be wary of. He never fully was sure of Dumas' judgment in calling the place clear.

If and when the Prince or Madeline noticed Mel Ganker in the nearby Kindred, his eyes would flicker in a different direction, a faint smile on his face.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clem politely coughed and sat up a little straighter. "Well actually, Miss Natalie, the Lady Lavinia and myself were just discussin' the possibility of her intriguin' me into a dance." He turned his smile on the Bishop, the faintest spark of amusement visible in his odd eyes.

"Now I ain't one fer dancin' usually, but considerin' the event and the one doin' the offering..." the Gangrel flowed from sitting to standing, leaving his hat on the table where he had been sitting. "I'd be delighted to tread a measure with you, ma'am. Though I trust you'll be gracious enough to excuse my two left feet." He glanced at Goro and Natalie. "Pray excuse us for a short turn, friends. We'll be right back, I'm sure." He extended a pale hand to Lavinia, awaiting her pleasure.

Lavinia's mien brightened up as Clem asked her to dance with him. A very tactful and elegant way to buy them some more time to be private and evade the clumsy approach of Natalie.

Taking his hand she smiled back at him with the same spark of amusement and playfully answered, "I'll be gentle then, Sir Broson."

The enticing yet odd pair took to the dance floor and joined the dancing couples. Once they were for themselves Lavinia flashed Clem another smile before they started to dance.

"I must compliment your wits, Sir Broson. My intiuition didn't fail me - you seem to be the kind of kindred I'm looking for. Of course much depends on your plans to stay in our Parish for a while longer..."

Clem hadn't been indulging in false modesty: he wasn't a very experienced dancer. Luckily, Lavinia was also true to her word, keeping the dance steps simple enough that the graceful and quick-witted Savage could readily adapt. Still, he was more than a little forward in the way he held her, a harkening back to his limited dance-hall experiences as a living man. One hand held hers at an angle, the other rested on the Bishop's waist at a level that might easily be construed as overly familiar. The distance between the two dancers was also a trifle more intimate than was proper. The Gangrel appeared to be blissfully ignorant of his impropriety, however, smiling down at Lavinia as they swayed and stepped together.

Of course, the close distance and somewhat more energetic dance also meant that it was hard to tell when the two were talking. Design or serendipity? It was hard to tell.

"Well I'm in no hurry to move along right now, Lady Lavinia." Clem said easily, his eyes on hers. He smiled playfully. "Of course, that depends on how hospitable I find this lovely town."

Lavinia enjoyed the dance and brook the Savage's inappropriate manners and etiquette concerning the intimacy. It was convenient for her cause and she preferred this kind of 'game' than sitting at the table and carefully plan her next move. Dancing was so much more... delightful and entertaining.

"I'll do my best to keep your curiousity piqued and prolong your desire to stay. My Prince granted you his hospitality and it seems his latest invitation attracted quite a lot kindred to our beloved Parish. I wonder who'll be the first to make a wrong step?"

"That's quite an assumption that any of the newcomers will." Clem said casually as he twirled Lavinia without warning, drawing a few shocked looks from other courtiers. The Daeva looked a tiny bit flustered for a moment, and would have blushed had blood actually moved of it's own accord through her body. She gave Clem a warning look, but her heart wasn't really in it and the confident mischief in his oddly-colored eyes was hard to stare down.

"Make a wrong step, I mean." The Gangrel clarified. "In my experience, ma'am, it's usually the resident kindred that make the biggest messes. We drifters tend to either be pawns or to keep our heads down. Though some like to profit from the mistakes of others." He finished with a faintly charming grin.

Natalie watched the two walked off and gave a slightly annoyed sniff.

"Well I suppose he prefers the old and truly a walking corpse women, his loss."

Her smile quickly returned and she put an arm around Goro's arm.

"So sir can I convince you to a dance?"

Meanwhile at another table another was watching Clem and Lavinia.

"General the ghouls here are truly excellent you should try one."

Jimmy glanced at his brother then went back to watching the pair.

"Somethin wrong General?"

"Ya, don' like cowboys. Trouble makers every last one of em. No clear loyalties, no real discipline. You can never be too sure which side their guns draw for."

Jimmy's left hand slid down to the gun holstered at his hip. Out of pure habit he stretched the muscles a couple time.

"Boys, I want to talk to Billy the Kid over there. Why don't you all go and be on your best behavior and book up the Harpies dance card."

As one the four stood up. Jimmy fell in behind the other three as they approached the pair. First one brother demanded the honor of the next dance with harpy. Quickly following the other two stated they would not allow the Dumas name to be soiled by having him be the only brother to have a dance. As they were busy insisting and debating what order they would dance with her Jimmy made sure to catch Clem's attention and nod over to a empty section of wall before turning and walking to it.

----------------------------------------------------

A group of four kindred were entering the museum. Theodore Hatcher gave a smile and a nod to Aftiel as he passed. Aftiel gave a slight wave to the local leader of the Carthian Movement. Aftiel also noted Theo had specifically made sure his entire group would arrive after the Prince.

Walking beside Theodore was Sammy Halliwell. Sammy had been the leader of the Carthians in the last city Gregor had resided in. When Gregor moved to here and set up court Sammy had followed. When Theodore presented him self there was some talk between the two and it had since become clear Sammy did not challenge Mr. Hatcher's leadership.

The other two were what made up the rest of the Carthian Movement in Kansas City. Rodger Witmoore and Fiona Bellstin had been in Kansas City longer than Aftiel. He had reason to believe they may even have been there longer than Guillermo. Both were ex Invictus that had left the covenant after being persuaded around a century ago by Theodore. As they entered one of Puck's family approached. Theodore gave the woman a look as if he were a lawyer looking at a member of the jury.

"Please inform Mr. Puck that we have arrived and direct us to where the main festivities are being held."

The woman gave them directions then ran off to find Puck. The four started making their way to the main hall.

When the soldier boys tapped Clem's shoulder and started trying to muscle in on his dance, the gunslinger's reaction was as straightforward as it was automatic. Clem had always had an independant streak a mile wide. Their general's peremptory if silent order merely widened that streak.

By a few timezones.

The Gangrel stopped dancing for a moment but kept Lavinia's hand in his as his other hand hooked onto his gunbelt, only an inch from the butt of one Peacemaker. He took one smooth step, putting himself between Lavinia and her would-be partners.

"Very sorry, boys." he told them somewhat loudly, with a pleasant smile that was very much at odds with the deadly look in his eyes that accompanied it. "But unless the lady expresses a preference otherwise, I'd like to be left alone to dance. We were gettin' along very nicely, thanks." He nodded over to where the General was waiting by the wall, raising his voice a little more above the music. "And if that fine gentleman wants to speak with me, he has only to say so and I'll oblige. After I'm done dancin'."

By now, more than a few other Kindred were taking notice and looking from the brothers, to the newcomer, then to the General at the wall. The Gangrel's attitude was one of relaxed defiance and coiled, confident readiness as he stared down the three Dumas boys. This was a type of confrontation he was familiar with, prepared for, and indeed renowned for in some circles. That faint smile remained on his lips as he waited for them to make a move. And if they made that move, his attitude proclaimed, then there would be some trouble.

Not far away from the emerging fracas, Gregor and Madelaine had been dancing in apparent ignorant bliss. The sigh from the Seneschal and the irritated flash towards the Dumas brothers from the Alder Prince as his childe disengaged from him, however, showed that the royal couple was well aware of the antics occurring. Madelaine leaned up and kissed her sire on the cheek in apology, before making her way over to the knot of tension in the room.

“Gentlemen, please. There is no need for such…dramatics.” The high school might have been implied, but it was easy to hear. “And Lavinia, I’m impressed. This isn’t the sort of fracas you usually manage to create. Branching out tonight, are we?”

Without waiting (or apparently caring) for any reply to her barb, the young Nosferatu retrieved her ledger notebook from the Court table and pulled a spare blank page of paper from it. She quickly jotted ‘Bishop Foscari’s Dance Card’ across the top of it and numbers down the side. She motioned the Dumas brothers, and Clem if he were so inclined, towards the sheet.

“There. Antiquated and useful. A minor miracle.” Her teasing smile softened any insult that could be inferred by the elder members of the city present. “Now please, for the next few hours at least, behave.”

She stepped up to Jimmy’s side, leaning in to whisper softly to the youngest Dumas brother. “General Dumas, while your vigilance is appreciated, please do remember that this is a formal social event. If you have official business that you need to discuss with Mr. Bronson, either let it wait until the gather is over or at least until Mr. Bronson and the Bishop have finished with their festivities. If this is personal, I ask that you remember that tonight is in honor of Gr- of the Alder Prince and that this museum is under the auspices of Elysium.” Her voice was light and never less than perfectly respectful, but there was a steel underneath that was somewhat surprising from the warm and youthful Kindred.

She chuckled softly and nodded, standing up and taking Puck's arm as he led her back through the halls and back towards the main event.

"That sounds lovely, ah can't wait ta' meet her, an' I'm sure it'll be as fun as always. But goddess, ye' make it sound like Aftiel's hard ta' seduce or somethin'..."

Her voice trailed off as they stepped into the courtyard again and her gaze fell on the four soldiers crowding around one of the newcomers, Lavinia, and Madeline, whom was speaking. She could feel the vague air of tenseness and anticipation in the room, and her lips twitched mildly in amusement.

"Looks like she's findin' herself in the middle o' everythin' tonight, one way or another. Go on if ye' need to, ye can introduce me ta' yer childe later, darlin."

India had made her way quietly to the edges of the courtyard to do a bit of monster-watching. She always preferred to familiarize herself a bit with the parties at a social fete', to get to know who was who and what their intentions were. It had always helped give her an upper hand in dealing with the gentlemen who'd visited her place as a mortal, and it was no less effective now.

She'd gathered from some snips of conversation that she'd overheard since he'd left that William - No, it's Puck now, don't forget! - was the Master of Elysium here, and that this was his "opening party", so to speak. So being his childe, she wanted to make sure that nothing went wrong with his event, even if it meant stepping in a little earlier than she would have normally. Besides, the four causing issues seemed to have stepped out of a painting from her mortal days, and while she was more than adept at catching any man's attention, her training was particularly adept to charming men from that particular era, both Northern and Southern gentlemen alike. She stepped up quietly to one of the two brothers, choosing one dressed in Confederate gray. Her voice had a fair southern accent to it, which she allowed to revert to the natural form, without toning it down as she had learned to do to adjust to other parts and parties comfortably. The low drawl sounded Georgian.. Savannah, if he was pegging it right - and her lashes fluttered with just the right combination of charm and daring to catch his attention.

"Perhaps, Mr. Dumas, ya' might be willin' to honor me with a dance for the moment, until Miz Foscari's card has cleared up a bit? I do hope I could be a suitable distraction."

Clem tilted his head respectfully to Madelaine as the Seneschal intervened, but otherwise kept his eyes on the three Dumas boys in front of him. He also didn't move, that same pleasant half-smile still on his lips as he waited for the uniformed Kindred to move back and give he and his dance-partner some room. His hand, most notably, did not move a millimeter from where it rested on his belt. As Madelaine moved over to Jimmy a beautiful vampiress moved up to the brothers in front of him, her accent ripe with Southern charm and her smile just the mixture of demure and wicked that he personally liked. Clem caught her eye and nodded politely, then switched his odd gaze over to where Madelaine was talking quietly with the orchestrator of this interruption. The Kindred in the General's uniform was obviously a little irritated at his plans not working out, and kept darting glances at the Gangrel while the erstwhile Seneschal lectured him. What the subject of the lecture was, Clem could readily guess. One corner of the gunslinger's mouth turned up in a subtle but derisive smirk directed at the discomfited Ventrue.

With the attention of the three nearer brothers momentarily on the lovely Southern belle and Madelaine facing Jimmy, Clem decided to up the stakes of this game. He didn't like these boys. Didn't like their presumption or their bullying. And he certainly didn't like their manners. They were no-class no-account hoodlums in uniforms, like most 'gentleman soldiers' from his time period. It was time to seperate the men from the boys, in his opinion.

As the General glanced once more at him and caught the smirk, Clem winked.

The brother that India had stepped up to tipped his hat politely.

"Names William and I'd be honored ma'am." He turned and gave his brothers a grin. "Its the gray, the ladies love it." Quickly collecting her in to his arms he moved away from the group.

Jimmy listened to Madeline though his eyes never left Clem's. Finally he nodded to Madeline and signaled for his brothers to take a seat. As Clem and Lavinia prepared to resume dancing most in the room saw the taller of the two brothers moving for a table turn and draw a stake out. Before anyone could say a word or raise an alarm a loud shot rang through the room. Clem spun and saw the shattered stake on the floor and over by the wall Jimmy had one of his guns in his hand. Before Madeline or Gregor could speak up Jimmy's voice rang across the room almost as quick as the gun shot had.

"You boys are way out o' line. This is Elysium. You two are to return home immediately and wait until the Prince tells me he wants to see ya. If I see any hinting you don't go straight there or that you leave before that time then I will personally hunt ya down and deliver you to the prince with your own stakes in you. Now get, both of ya. And pray that before this night is over this cowboy doesn't demand too much repayment for that kind of low down yellow bellied act, cause I am likely to let him have it."

With that he holstered the gun and gave Madeline another nod. The two brothers quickly saluted and walked out. Jimmy went back to the table and sat down.

Originally Posted By: Daven_OOC NPCRM #1
Natalie watched the two walked off and gave a slightly annoyed sniff. "Well I suppose he prefers the old and truly a walking corpse women, his loss." Her smile quickly returned and she put an arm around Goro's arm. "So sir can I convince you to a dance?"

Goro seemed to not hear the lady, or even notice the departure of the other vampires. He had his pocket watch in his hand and seemed to be having an intense discussion with it with occasional comments to the cane that hung over his arm. When the gunshot rang out throughout the are Goro's head snapped up and around. All conversation stopped as some vampire laid the threat of reprisal for any further attempts of violence. Goro shook his head and muttered something that sounded like, "...and you wonder why I dislike these events," to the watch before replacing it within his rumpled leather coat.

He looked up and saw Natalie and seemed surprised to find her there, "Oh, hello," he paused and looked somewhat confused. "Can I help you miss?"

Lavinia was at first amused as she watched how Clem tried to fend off the approaching kindred. Her trusty fan keeping most of her face hidden as her eyes followed the men’s bodylanguage. Suddenly Madeleine intervened trying to soothe the situation which was welcomed but also a little disappointing. Lavinia was too curious to see how Clem would have handled himself but she decided it was better this way.

As they resumed their dancing she gave Clem a flirtatious smile but tsked at him. “It seems you’re a much requested man tonight, Sir Broson – I wonder why…”

The music was nearing it’s end and Lavinia took advantage of the last turn to hook herself under Clem’s arm encouraging him to take a few steps with her away from the dance floor. “The museum is one of the most beautiful places in our Parish – have you ever found the time to take in the beauty of it’s architecture and the exposé?”, it was obvious that Lavina was trying to move them away from the court and get some privacy…

Between two of the brothers' retreats for the evening, another one engrossed in dancing with her, and the last one patiently seated at a table, India was relieved to see that the situation seemed to have been efficiently diffused. Since the last song had just concluded she allowed William to pull her onto the dance floor, smiling coyly at him and letting herself be swept into a dance, and some polite flirtations.

Only for a brief second did she meet Puck's eyes over William's shoulder, flashing him a little grin of merriment. She was dancing.. she was back with her sire.. everything was as it should be.

Originally Posted By: Lavinia Foscari

As they resumed their dancing she gave Clem a flirtatious smile but tsked at him. “It seems you’re a much requested man tonight, Sir Broson – I wonder why…”

"Damned if I know, ma'am. It must be the boots." Clem replied with a faint grin. He kept an eye on the General for a moment over Lavina's shoulder as the Ventrue sat down. The display with the stake and the public chewing-out was probably a face-saving exercise, but that had been a fine quickdraw nonetheless. Clem felt a tingle of anticipation, the old gunfighter's reflex in the presence of a rival that was very similar to the reaction of one vampire's Beast to another's. Oh, he was going to enjoy his stay in good ol' Kansas City, of that he was now certain.

The music was nearing it’s end and Lavinia took advantage of the last turn to hook herself under Clem’s arm encouraging him to take a few steps with her away from the dance floor. “The museum is one of the most beautiful places in our Parish – have you ever found the time to take in the beauty of it’s architecture and the exposé?”, it was obvious that Lavina was trying to move them away from the court and get some privacy…

"Well, I'm brand spankin' new in town, Lady Lavinia, and so I've not had the pleasure." Clem replied with a smile as he allowed the Daeva to lead him from the floor. He steered them just enough to pass his table so he could scoop up his hat, setting it back onto his head with easy aplomb. "I do appreciate classy, beautiful art, though. Some stuff just baffles me: I guess it's above my understandin'." He shrugged, looked around at the corridor Lavinia was leading him into, then smiled at her. His mismatched eyes glinted in the dim lighting as they strolled down the gallery together.

"I hope y'all weren't offended by my handlin' of that situation back there. There's always some ignorant types that like to hassle the new guy in town. Some things don't change, even after over a century of not breathin'."

Lavinia listened to him letting herself be carried away by the moment. There was a certain thrill of the unknown that stimulated her beast and the rush it gave her was worth the risk.

„I am not offended at all, Sir Broson… not by your person, if I may add. But I don’t want to spoil this moment by giving in to ignorant kindred. If this was a Daeva court I guess things would’ve gone differently…“

As they walked down the gallery Lavinia intensively examined the paintings with an enamored look. „I can’t stop looking at them…“, she said as her voice got a bit dreamy. Clem could sense that Lavinia was falling victim to her clan’s weakness as she stopped at a particulary impressive painting portraying a landscape on a warm summer day. The details were almost too real.

„You can almost feel the wind…“, the Daeva said with infatuation as she suppressed the urge to reach out for the painting and touch it. There was a short moment of silence before she snapped out of it. She picked up her fan again and quickly put it up to her face giving Clem a look that was both warning and vulnerable…

Mismatched eyes met hers, the cool blue glitter on the left contrasting with the sparks of red in the rightmost eye, these all that was really visible from under the shadow of his hat's brim. Eternally youthful lips twitched in a slight, knowing smile. "Yes, I see." the smile seemed to say. "I see you."

The gaze and the smile lasted for a moment, then Clem turned to regard the painting they had stopped at, Lavinia's arm still resting in the crook of his elbow. The wanderer's other hand was comfortably hooked into one of his gunbelts as he studied the painting for a long moment.

"Y'know, most times I don't miss the damn sun." he said quietly with a wry smile. "I spent enough time bein' baked by that ball o' fire across the Southwest when I was alive to be grateful for these endless nights." He grinned, a flash of white teeth and a hint of fang in the subdued lighting. "I gotta admit, though, that artist can do a lovely summer day." He was apparently content to let Lavinia dictate their pace down the gallery, his own attitude unhurried and laid back as he looked around, now and then glancing sideways at the Bishop.

„Your eyes…“, she whispered and then broke the look. It’s going too far…, Lavinia made two quick steps further down the corridor but slowed down immediately. But he didn’t go too far, Lavinia. He’s being very careful. Turning around to face him again she let the fan drop again and squared her shoulders. The vulnerable look in her eyes was gone, replaced by the coldness of winter. A thousand unspoken words filled the silence that followed and he could tell that she was caught between her pride and something… long forgotten.

„You are a… dangerous man, Sir Broson. Don’t assume I underestimate you…“, her voice was barely above a whisper but it also carried some of her former vulnerability. „I pray to Longinus for your soul…“, the Bishop made a step back towards court but it seemed as if time stood still for a moment.

Clem's hand caught hers in a firm but gentle grasp, the motion too snake-quick to follow. The nomadic vampire stepped close to her, his eyes once more examining her face from a close distance.

"Pray for my soul, lady? But why?" he asked, his voice soft and low. He gave her a dangerously roguish smile. "Do you think it is in danger, Lavinia?" He said her name slowly, letting it roll from his lips. "That's a beautiful name, by the by. By itself, without the 'Bishop' or 'Lady' gettin' in its way. A lovely name. Relax, lovely lady. I ain't gonna hurt you."

He stepped to her left, beginning a slow stalk around the momentarily stationary Daeva, his hand releasing hers and the fingers trailing up her sleeve, then across her bare shoulders.

"So tell me truly, Lady Lavinia." he practically whispered in her ear as he came around to her right. "Do I seem so dangerous to you? After all, didn't you bring me here?" He finished his circle, the glitter of his eyes in the gloom under his hat once more catching her gaze. "I confess to bein' curious what you want from me, Lavinia." Once more, her name was uttered with slow relish.

"Don't worry about them," Charlotte assured Natalie, misinterpreting the source of her obvious horror. "Vampires are a lot like people...they get into these cliques and then rain shit on anyone who's not in with them. But since we presented ourselves, we have some protection, see. We'll keep our noses clean and tails wagging, and they can't legally touch us."

She grins. "And if they try illegally, then just leave it to me. You'll be fine."

Madelaine flinched at the gunshot, her hand instinctively reaching for the pommel of the sword at her side. There was a tense silence after Jimmy's sentencing of his brothers, but the Prince stepped up behind his childe and whispered softly to her while watching the departing Kindred. Neither interfered, and after a moment Gregor pulled her back on to the dance floor. A much darker aura surrounded the two of them, though, and warned dire things for anyone else that would break the peace of the evening.

Puck slowly winced at the altercation, but when the mystic effect of the Elysium held, Moira could feel him start to relax. "Well, if we're quite through with that," he muttered only loud enough for her to hear. He caught India's smile from over the shoulder of one of the Dumas brothers, the Grey Coat....how apropo, India, good to see you haven't lost your wit or charm....and smiled back, chuckling softly. "Well, m'dear, it seems like your introduction to my childe will have to wait for the dance to end, at least. Unless you feel like cutting in on one of Dumas brothers?"

The ghoul nodded and escorted Theodore and the others into the restaurant courtyard. The members of the Carthian Movement had no formal standing as a covenant or as members of the Court, though, so once they were delivered to the gathering of monster, he bowed courteously and returned to his post instead of announcing them. Theo almost might have thought it a carelessness of the modern American culture, but he knew Gregor. He knew the Invictus. They were especially careful with their etiquette. And their insults.

Originally Posted By: Clem Broson

He stepped to her left, beginning a slow stalk around the momentarily stationary Daeva, his hand releasing hers and the fingers trailing up her sleeve, then across her bare shoulders.

"So tell me truly, Lady Lavinia." he practically whispered in her ear as he came around to her right. "Do I seem so dangerous to you? After all, didn't you bring me here?" He finished his circle, the glitter of his eyes in the gloom under his hat once more catching her gaze. "I confess to bein' curious what you want from me, Lavinia." Once more, her name was uttered with slow relish.

Lavinia remained frozen like a statue as Clem circled around her like a predator around it’s prey. Her eyes followed his every move with a mixture of horror and curiousity. How far would he go? When would she intervene?

His voice was pleasant and his compliments welcomed. Slowly she relaxed and her eyes were less frantic. She could feel his hands on her bare shoulders and that’s when she broke from her frozen state. Her head turned slowly towards his face and the look in her eyes suddenly changed. His predatory nature was reflected in her eyes, her look dominated by her inner beast that longed for his blood. They were alone, no witnesses…

But it’s wrong… it’s against Longinus’ Laws…, as soon as he reached around to her right Lavinia leaned a bit closer towards him craning her head slightly to the side half offering her neck, half gaining access to his’.

„What I want right nowClement…“, she didn’t finish the sentence lending the moment a dangerous unspoken implication which could destroy them both.

The urgent wanting in her eyes was not lost on Clem, nor was the way she breathed his name and all but offered her marble-smooth throat to him. His own Beast whined at the end of it's leash, lust and hunger mingling in an unholy facsimile of mortal desire. Clem was very much in touch with his Beast, like most of his wandering kin, and a perverse part of him revelled in the way that Lavinia had abandoned her courtly mannerisms to reveal the wanton longing beneath.

Then there was the danger. She wasn't simply any Kindred. Lavinia was the Harpy, and a Bishop in the local Lancea... And, unless Clem missed his guess, she was also close to the Sheriff. There was something, not illegal as such, but very definitely forbidden about what they were about to do. Delightfully so.

More than anything else, Clement Broson loved treading where angels, or other devils for that matter, feared to.

He leaned closer, his fingers trailing from the crook of her elbow along the inside of her forearm to the wrist. Taking her hand once more, Clem lifted it to his lips, turning it palm-up at the last minute and laying a soft kiss on the inside of her wrist. The fingers of his other hand loosened a button of his shirt, then another with almost arrogant slowness, baring the junction of his own neck and shoulder to her avid gaze. Resting her hand there, he stepped closer still.

The entire time, his eyes had not left Lavinia's.

"Yes?" he prompted her with a teasing smile, his voice scarce more than a murmur of breath. He smelled of gun oil and dust and worn leather, the faint tantalising aroma of blood from the kill he had made before coming to Elysium. He was devoid of any other organic scent... apart from the Vitae. That scent lay under all the others, strong and heady and potent. "What do you want right now, little darlin'?" he asked, tempting her, urging her to bare herself a little more, just a little more to him.

Mel had been prepared to act at the Dumas situation, but the General actually seemed to have things in hand. Nonetheless, warily, he kept his eyes over the members that had been involved. He wondered what it was about the cowboy that had made the Dumas' worried.

Thus, as Bishop Foscari and Broson left, Mel waited, noted their path of departure and after a minute, slowly worked his way through the crowds after them. At a bend of a corner, Mel moved into the room slightly beyond, giving him some cover and a close position to the pair.

He leaned closer, his fingers trailing from the crook of her elbow along the inside of her forearm to the wrist. Taking her hand once more, Clem lifted it to his lips, turning it palm-up at the last minute and laying a soft kiss on the inside of her wrist. The fingers of his other hand loosened a button of his shirt, then another with almost arrogant slowness, baring the junction of his own neck and shoulder to her avid gaze. Resting her hand there, he stepped closer still.

"Yes?" he prompted her with a teasing smile, his voice scarce more than a murmur of breath. He smelled of gun oil and dust and worn leather, the faint tantalising aroma of blood from the kill he had made before coming to Elysium. He was devoid of any other organic scent... apart from the Vitae. That scent lay under all the others, strong and heady and potent. "What do you want right now, little darlin'?" he asked, tempting her, urging her to bare herself a little more, just a little more to him.

Mel smirked as he saw what was coming. He did not want to deal with politics, but if politics, at least in Lady Lavinia's business came asking for him again, well... here was obvious leverage.

A unaligned she claimed to suspect, which she did probably, and with Kindred feeding, this would be interesting if the Sheriff heard. Mel stayed carefully hidden, with more than a century of practice paying off.

Click to reveal..

(09:25:50) (Mel): Wits + Stealth
(09:25:56) ChatBot: (Mel) rolls 5d10 and gets 10,1,8,10,6.
(09:26:06) (Mel): pop 10's
(09:26:12) ChatBot: (Mel) rolls 2d10 and gets 1,8.
(09:26:20) (Mel): 4 sux laugh

Lavinia’s eyes widened with desire and she licked her lips in anticipation of the vulgar display of Clement’s audacity. Her mouth was half opened but he could see that her fangs were fully elongated – the beast had taken control of her. The slender Daeva moved around placing one hand carefully on his skin. The color of her pale, almost white hand contrasted stark against his’ darker tone. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath drawing in all those scents that made up his being, his vitae tempting like Ambrosia – the forbidden fruit.

Then she pushed him away with unexpected force followed by an animalistic growl that she tried to suppress with the remains of her willpower. „NO!“, she forced through clenched teeth exposing her fangs to the savage and showing him in that moment that they were the same kind – shared the same curse.

The Daeva Sanctified was unable to move or do anything else but stay in her slightly forward slouch every muscle tensed ready to pounce him or someone who’d dare interfere or expose them. It would take a moment before she had calmed down, her beast still burning under her skin and demanding it’s toll which she denied.

Click to reveal..
checked with Daven - no need to roll for frenzy
and Notice Check - Wits+Composure (notice check) (5d10.hitsopen(8,10)=1) 1 suxx

Clem's surprise at Lavinia's shove was quickly subsumed by his own wariness. His hands dropped to his gunbelts, thumbs hooking casually into the leather as he watched the Daeva fight down her Beast. He didn't move otherwise, his body language composed.

The two stood like that for a long moment, watching one another, the normally-alert Gangrel so intent on Lavinia's next action or words that he was unaware of the presence of the lurking Nosferatu further up the gallery.

"You alright, ma'am?" Clem asked after a long moment produced no wild frenzied attack, his tone polite and calm.

Eternity couldn’t have lasted longer. Lavinia fought down her beast with as much dignity as she could muster and slowly straightened herself assuming her prideful stance once again. She squared her shoulders and picked up the fan again hiding behind it and savouring the reassurance it gave her.

„I’m fine…“, she finally said with a very calm and careful tone in her voice. „Don’t assume anything, Sir Broson – I am not your little darling.“, her eyes briefly glanced down the corridor the way they had come which would lead back to the court. She felt the thirst burning in her throat, the beast was curbed but it demanded tribute and the heavy scent of Clem’s potent vitae was still in her nose. She needed to hunt, needed some distraction to clear her thoughts and wash away her desires. Puck! He has such lovely ghouls… – that was her chance without losing face.

„You must excuse me now, Sir Broson. I need to refresh myself…“, he could hear that part of her still wanted to stay back but etiquette and the near… frenzy he had provoked would make that task difficult. Lavinia made a very slow and hesitant step down the corridor wanting to find Puck as soon as she was back at court…

"By all means, Lady Lavinia." Clem said, his voice coolly polite and containing an echo of the slight smile still on his lips. "And I apologise for my familiarity, ma'am. It seems I have much to learn. Till we next meet, then."

The handsome drifter tugged respectfully on the brim of his hat and turned on his heel, walking away down the gallery in the opposite direction from the court with the same unhurried, unhesitating stride with which he had arrived in Elysium earlier that night. Lavinia heard him whistling softly as he went, a quiet, haunting tune.

Click to reveal..

Clem will be wandering around for a little while in the galleries and displays before returning to the court area. If anyone wants to encounter him in his wanderings, feel free. Otherwise I'll post his return to the party in due course. smile

So this is to be my eternity? she thought simply as she wandered the museum looking at the decadent monsters around her trying to wrap themselves up in finery and pretend they were beautiful among masterpieces of true art. It was almost enough to make her laugh aloud.

This Prince she could come to respect however. He was simple, elegant, and cut down o the heart of the matters. He'd been around long enough it seemed that he finally accepted that business never changes, only the faces. Much like the Kindred themselves the cycle of the world was a static one, everything repeated all that changed were players on the stage.

This, 'Puck', seemed pleasant enough, as she watched him mingle among his guests the polite smile and near perfect poise of etiquette never seeming to leave his stride and gestures.

I have done what you asked Shafi. She huffed inwardly. She completed another circle around the plaza, the exhibits, and the fountain. Still she didn't seem to attract any interest from the gathered Kindered, which in truth was sort of a self fulfilling prophecy, she'd done nothing to gain their attention besides wander and in truth had no desire to initiate association with any of them unless she absolutely had to.

Her hands slipped back into the pockets of the tightly bound leather long coat she never bothered to remove and she headed towards the nearest exit.

Sean walked along the night time straight towards the museum, unregarded by those few others he passed along the way. Occassionally a conversation overheard by chance catches his attention and he pauses to see if any interesting tidbits might follow, but most of the time he is soon on his way with little to show for his time.

With no fanfare the slim Nosferatu slips past the attendents and follows the sound of the music to the restaurant courtyard. Seeing the Prince is busy dancing he waits until the Princes gaze turns his way before revealing his presence and bowing to the Alder Prince.

To the others in the courtyard it is as if the weathered piebald man just appeared close to the Prince.

Ganker waited till the two were safely away before exiting the room, and the gallery shortly after. A slight look of disappointment was on his face, but it vanished as he'd considered what he'd learned.

If nothing else, Mr. Broson was obviously audacious. Something that could be used in the event that Mel would be ordered against the cowboy.

Moving through the grand main room, he twisted and made his fear-inspiring way through the bunches of Kindred. Then, he stopped a short distance away from the Prince, noticing as well the piebald Nosferatu.

Hrmmm... new Haunt? The flow of comers never seems to stop.

Lavinia's pace quickened as she reached the court area her eyes searching for Puck impatiently. Unwilling to keep searching she beckoned Ganker to her making practical use of her fan accordingly.

He surely knows where Puck is, that weasely Nosferatu

"Sir Ganker.", she addressed him as he slowly walked towards her. "I'm looking for the Master of Elysium - can you tell me where I can find him?", her fangs were still partially elongated and would've been a dangerously close breach to the Masquerade if they were amongst mortals.

Noticing Lady Foscari signaling for him, Mel moved forward, inwardly considering the possibility he'd been spotted after all. But her words quickly drove aside his worries, and he could tell she was still hungry.

Behind her and somewhat where he still was since the Dumas incident, Puck was talking to a newcomer he did not recognize, but Puck probably did.

He let his eyes and head turn slowly, and after a moment of impatience, Lavinia caught on. "There he is. If you're hungry, best bring a chisel to break him out of that conversation."

Sean sketched the Prince's partner a brief bow, "That I have lass." but he continued towards the Prince and directed his next remarks to him.

"Mr Sean Beckett, at your service my Lord Prince. A resident of this fair city for some six decades now, and other places before that." The faint remains of an Irish accent was evident in his speech.

Sean shakes his head, "No my Lord Prince, as I said I have been here since soon after the last War and so outside of a court. Before that I was in good standing in my previous residence."

Sean kneels, on one knee, before the Prince to swear,"I, Sean Patrick Beckett do swear to abide by and uphold the laws of this Court while within it's influence."

"You are here by recognized in my city Mr. Beckett. Ms. Macintosh and Lord Ezekiel here will point out the city officers and discuss the finer points with you."

With that Gregor walked back to his seat and sat down, surveying the room. Jimmy sat at a table with the Carthians talking about who knows what. Natalie and Goro were sitting together but did not seem to be talking at all. A few pairs dancing. Many new faces now in the city. Nearly all unaligned but one new Invictus. The power would remain in the hands of his covenant for now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ravenna moved through the streets quietly. Not really paying attention to the people around her. Off in the distance outside the main city fireworks went off. As she turned a corner she noticed the two men that had followed York out of the party. They were speaking to each other and heading towards the center of the party.

While Ravenna tried to find York a car screeched around a near by corner and drove down the street. A large white van almost straight out of a spy movie that was definitely driving way too fast. Ravenna saw as it approached its side door open. Coming to a sudden halt at an alleyway the sounds of of at least three semi-automatics weapons rang through the air. Not even ten seconds later the firing stopped and the car again took off. Ravenna suddenly reeled as she felt the effects of the Elysium fade in the area.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gregor had just recognized the newcomer and sat down as everyone was immediately aware of all the beast around them. As the mystical effects of Elysium crashed down suddenly many beast were at odds with each other. Madeline was ever thankful that Gregor's beast was hidden by obfuscate or half the city might have frenzied at the sudden presence to it. An aura of ill ease came down on the room as everyone looked around trying to spot the act that had caused this. Gregor stood up and called attention to him.

"Everyone remain calm. The Elysium will re-establish it self soon. Mr. Ganker, go find out what has caused this and see if you can find the Sheriff as well. Priest Natalie see to the front of the building until the Elysium returns."

Natalie made her way out of the room. Jimmy looked to his brother. "Lieutenant, go watch the hounds back."

His brother gave a salute. "Yes, General." Then proceeded after Natalie.

Click to reveal..
Anyone who is near the table with Jimmy and the Carthians and is BP 1 will need to make a fear frenzy check (Willpower dice pool) requiring at least one success a roll each roll until you hit three success. If any roll comes up with no success you are fear frenzied. If you think your character would try to avoid the Carthians then you are not in close enough proximity to be intimidated by the larger beast that just reared up.

Remember 1's do not subtract from success

Archived