World of Darkness: The Academy - Home Again, Home Again

Dawn OOC

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan eventually found himself in the nurses office. His condition, and appearance, prompted a quick reaction and he was soon sitting on a paper wrapped bench while the nurse swabbed his back clean. "How did you injure yourself, some of these are very deep?" the nurse, an older woman who knew Ryan well from his various fail adventures (and plenty of his successful ones), asked as she started to pull sutures.

"I was in the woods, hiking."

"Hiking?" she sounded doubtful.

"Yeah, I slipped and fell down an incline, the rocks and branches dug my up pretty good I guess."

"Mmm hmmm," the nurse didn't believe it but she knew Ryan and knew that she probably didn't want to know the truth. Instead of pushing she simply closed the worse of the gashes, bandaged him up and then set him along with some Tylenol and orders to take it easy for the next week.

"No problem there, I think I could sleep that week away without trouble." Ryan thanked the nurse and walked out heading back to his room slowly wondering if he would actually make it there or not.

Sylvia found one of the biology teachers and confirmed that he'd had some black feathers - species unknown - added to the bird to fill out some bald spots. "Kids like to steal them," he added, frowning. "Damned kids. Teaching would be a great job if it wasn't for them."

Comparing to the list, she didn't find a match. Apparently, the list wasn't complete.

Ryan tottered to his room and barely made it to his bed. Shoving books to the floor, he dropped into a deep sleep almost instantly.

Sean threw his dorm room door open, expectation rising... which were dashed once again at finding it empty. Why did I think Dad would be here, he's never on time. He chucked his heavy pack into a corner and shrugged out of his football pads, then sat down on his bed, head in his hands. He still had some time before Ms. Dorn's 'special class' was over and he had to go to his next one.

What was he going to do? Unconsciously, he ran hand up his chest, feeling the hard, powerful pectorals he had worked hard to develop, that just a little while ago had been large orbs of feminine flesh. Somehow, he was having an easier time dealing with doors to other worlds and their otherworldly inhabitants than with the fact that when he walked through those doors, he became a near twin of his sisters and mother. What would they think when they see the me of the Otherside?

Sean supposed he could just refuse to ever go back to the Otherside. But going there was... exhilarating, like being in a movie made real. And he truly did want to stop the Caramines from doing... whatever it was they were doing. Also - and he couldn't admit this to anybody - beneath the bewilderment and distress of finding himself a girl, he had never felt stronger, more powerful, better. That was a scary thought.

Sean looked at his watch. He still had time to check the main office to see if his Dad had dropped by, then grab lunch before his next class. With a resigned sigh, he stood back, stretched his broad shoulders, then changed into his school clothes, before heading out once.

• 2 weeks later...

While the others disappeared off to do whatever it was they were going to do jason shrugged out of his pack, and after leaving it semi-hidden behind some boxes put his grandfathers book into his jacket pocket. Then he headed down to one of the workshops and gathered the tools and materials he needed to put a lock on the Door, and to add to the locks on the door to the room it is in.

Once that task was completed he made his way back to his cottage and started studying the book left to him by old Zebediah

• 1 month later...
Click to reveal..
To progress things, I'm going to do some fiating, and then start a new chapter as soon as the terrible homework lets me go. This post will wrap this bit, and then I'll get on with the game. Please bear with me for now.

The rest of the day passed without incident as the group waited to hear more. As time passed, a sense of something approaching began to build, until they were snapping at one another and other classmates, even teachers.

Sean received a call from his father later in the day; his car had broken down but he was still coming. It'd likely be late tonight or tomorrow. That put Sean in a fairly bad mood, resulting in him smarting at a teacher and getting detention for the next three days. When he went to bed, he was really pissed.

Deacon had a lot to think about, so it was with half-a-mind that he hid his find from the library. When the time was right, he could get his hands on it again.

Sylvia stared out her dorm room window, her thoughts on the list and strange body she'd found. She was very unsettled and unsure what was going on here. All she knew was that she and her children had found something very, very strange. But for all her worry, there was a primal delight in what they had found. It promised to be... interesting.

Click to reveal..
2 xp to all involved

Archived