Aberrant: New Abby Game

Stargaizer

I was wondering something. I like Abby and I would like to play Abby. Thing is, the last Abby game that I got into is now defunct, and most of the rest of the Abby games are either old (nearing their ends, past their ends, etc.) or low powered.

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in running a med-high lvl (30-40np start) Abby game.

Setting could be just about anything, though what I (personally) think would be nice would be an X-Men-esque setting/style. Not necessarily 4-color and not necessarily super deep (though it could grow either of those directions), just a nice, fun action style game.

Does that sound interesting to anyone else?

Anyone else think they could ST something like that? (I'm wanting a game to play, not run...)

I considered running a game awhile back, hell I'd love to run one now, but lemme tell a few reasons why it's not a good idea...

1. 21 games... 13 players... do the math.

2. I can't even get the people in the two games I run now to post in a timely fashion, EoE's been waiting for two weeks for it's players to post. Sure I'm not perfect, but at least I let people know when I won't be around for awhile. Its taken one player 3 days just to type "Yes" or "No" in one of the games I'm in now and Harmony City has been fighting the same Sharktapus for 2 months and we just hit the third round of combat.

Face it people, we're all spread too thin.

M&M seems to be the up and coming system for new games, but I wouldn't say Abby is dead. It would still be my first choice for running a new game were I to start one.

Incidentally, Long March is open for people to make characters and write in as though it were an ST run open world. I don't promise much by way of plot, but the Setting can accommodate pretty much anything given infinite timelines to choose from.

It's under Aberrant ST run games. First one in the list.

It's a game I ran for over 2 years. The main plot thread that the game was based around has ended. The original characters solved the mystery of who the Watchers are and went their separate ways. I am still writing fic's in the setting. Jameson just finished an excellent fic in which he retired his character.

The basic premise is that there are infinite possible timelines (actual theoretical premise according to real world science). In Long March the Watchers were nova's who grew to reach their ultimate potential. However, in doing so they placed themselves in the position where their greatest enemy is boredom. They play god among various timelines, and do things like living lives as ordinary people just for new experiences. On other timelines they do things like raise the continent of Atlantis, terraform Mars and Venus, etc. Anything to stave off the ennui that is their worst enemy.

There are a number of timelines that have been 'explored' by the PCs in their travels, any of these are available to be played in.

In Brave New World 4 of the former PCs set up shop back during the days before people settled down and discovered agriculture. In the course of 1500 years, they have advanced the human race to be a space faring civilization. However, just as the space age is really getting started new novas begin erupting, and those new novas might not be so happy to be subject to the Four.

Other timelines included one in which Earth only has a handful of survivors thanks to an alien race that sent 3 major asteroids smashing into the planet.

A timeline where the nova war happened early and destroyed civilization leaving only aberrants, a few novas and the mutated remains of the human race.

Other timelines are more normal. Some indistinguishable from the Abby canon timeline, some very very different.

Anyone that wants to make a PC in LM can choose from the various timelines and either play there or cross timelines as their story progresses. It will have to be pretty player driven however. I don't mind working with someone to throw a little plot their way, but unless several people all want to play then major plot threads aren't too likely.

Thank you Fox for the update.

Quote:
It will have to be pretty player driven however.

That's pretty much the only reason that I don't join up. I'm not so good with the open world, or open world-esque games. I like a good strong ST with a good strong plot (or at least some good control on what's happening).

Archived