Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - A Wake - Invitation

Hello there folks, Dauntless here, this is my first post in these forums, and unfortunatly it's a sad one. Eagle Thunder, the Municiple Defender of Seattle, passed away this last week in a battle with Obsidian Rampage.

Some of you may have seen the new reel feeds about it, and yes, Obsidian Rampage is still alive, I stopped short of actually killing that maniac, though it looks like he's going to be out of commission for quite a while.

In any case, with the funeral over, Eagle left in his will a funds for a after the matter, sort of late Wake, in hopes of bringing the nova community closer together. As the new Municiple Defender, it falls to me to extend the invitation.

Traditionally a Wake is held before the funeral, but we're abiding by Eagle's last wishes here. The Wake will be held in the Space Needle, one week from the date, and the Space Needle will be closed to the public during that day. We only ask that you be at least moderatly polite and set aside any animostity you might have toward the guests for another time and place.

Good guy, tussled with him once a few years ago when a few Terrats came a knockin' on the wrong street one night. Guy had a hell of a hook.

They don't make em' like him anymore, guys that actually care and are willing to die for what they believe in and fight for the people who need them. Shame. Seems all this world is good for is removing guys like him and replacing them with piece of shit Terats who only think of wiping out the people or nova socialites who only care about getting rich off the people. It sickens me to see what this world is becoming.

It hurts my heart to see him gone, and I don't say that lightly.

Eagle Thunder was actually Uncle John to me, though he wasn't related by blood, he was an old friend of my parents. Mom and Dad even said, if matters had turned out differently, he could have been my father.

I must confess, Bastion, it hurt my heart to see him go as well, and I was with him those last moments. Thank you, at least I know that someone else will miss him, as himself, rather then as someone they knew about.

Heh, thanks for the offer Mech, but I think I can make it to the Wake ok.

Hell, rather than the 3 or 4 jumps it took to reach Hawai for our surfing trip, I'd be surprised if I didn't make it in one now. wink

I just needed an idea of what time I should aim to arrive after.

In order to allow people plenty of time to arrive, it will be open to novas (and guests) by 4 pm, and the space needle is reserved until 1 pm the next day (They are going to spend the remaining 3 hours cleaning up, before reopening to the public). Which means it would be appeciated if people leave by 11 to noon the next day.

In any case, during the night, the space needle itself is closed to the media, and company will be predominatly novas, though your allowed to bring a guest or two with you.

For those of you who wish to avoid the media frenzy this is likly to be, there will be an entrace open to the sky on the needle itself where flyers can arrive, and teleporters can jump too.. if you can't port or fly, we're arranging warps so that you can just step through.

Archived