[Open IC] A Night at the V [Complete]

Sean Cassidy

[This is a fic open to anyone who wants to hangout at Venus and interact with others. The girls dance downstairs, guys dance upstairs, and they'll dance for anyone. There are lots of nooks, booths, and private rooms for those who want privacy. There is also an adjacent Bar & Grill (currently also called Venus, unless someone comes up with a better name) for those who are underage and don't have fake I.D.s, good ones]

Friday, June 12th, 2009

The sudden cessation of the heavy beats left Sapphire inverted, supporting herself on the pole, her legs spread wide above her and her deep-blue hair just tickling the frosted surface of the stage. Her heavy breathing was not from exertion, she could have continued for another hour easy, but from excitement. Her joyous grin was broad as she surveyed crowd, her sapphire eyes sparkling as she met theirs.

It was a good gathering, close to an even mix of regulars and newcomers, and not too rowdy; that might have had something to with Illie being a little to rough on the guy who groped her though. She saw the lust and arousal in their eyes from her performance, expected it and revelled in it, but was gratified to see the admiration and awe even more. This was a show that would go home with them, hopefully brightening the gloom of their everyday troubles.

Sapphire flipped to her feet with effortless grace, her six-inch platform heels not impeding her in any way. She strutted down the stage collecting her bills, trading a few words with the regulars, welcoming the newcomers with a smile. Her smile widened as she noted that there were more women in the crowd then usual, even if they were mostly accompanying the menfolk.

"Hey Bill, how's your sister, doing better?" "I hope to see you here again hun, pretty eyes." "Welcome back guys, guess you won, huh?" "I appreciate the attention, but I wouldn't do that. The big, beautiful bouncers there, there, and there really don't like it when you guys get grabby." "Ben, Matt, it's been a while. When are you gonna bring the wives? I need something to look at too." "Ah, Jacob, that was naughty. Too bad you don't have a pair of these, I'd be more than interested. I'll be able to talk with you in about thirty, 'kay? Gotta unwind a bit."

Sapphire hooked the remains of her tear-away business suit over a slender finger and headed backstage. She gave Illie, the next dancer up, a squeeze on the ass, then pulled her lips down for a deep-tongued kiss. Even in her heels, the tall, muscular amazon had three inches on Sapphire.

"Knock them out, out there Illie. Well not really, but you know what I mean." Sapphire's husky contralto was amused. "Keep an eye out for the big, bald guy in the dark suit. By the way he was staring at my legs on the pole, I think he really likes the muscles."

"Men are stupid, Tyrant. I'll keep my hands to myself if they do. Let's see how much I can make baldy beg," Illie said in her feminine rumble, stalking to the stage as the heavy metal she had chosen began.

Sapphire called after the young amazon, stamping a foot in habitual pique. "Stop calling me that! Call me Sapphire, Sapph, even Phae, like you used to. Fuck! you were the first girl I fucked, you don't have to be so damned formal."

Sapphire went to her changing room, put on a new thong, and slipped on a very brief, black bolero jacket that did nothing to conceal her considerable assets, and in fact emphasized them. Then she headed to the bar, got her usual Agent Orange, and sat down at her reserved booth near the back.

She fended off the requests she got for private and/or lapdances with a gracious smile, saying she'd be available in a while. A table of young co-eds a got a wicked smile in passing though, the young woman turning red at the attention. I hope their IDs are real or good fakes so we don't have to worry about getting caught serving minors.

Sapphire sprawled out in the plush booth. The world outside was a scary and dangerous place, even more than what most would think. Someday, maybe soon, all Hell would break loose, quite literally, but here the fear and troubles could be forgotten, at least for a little while. The mortals may have needed the Scions of the Gods help, but Sapphire believed that the Scions and Gods would need the mortals help too, and this was her way of thanking them and making sure they weren't forgotten in the coming conflict.

Live, love, and be merry.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the place. She's a Scion of Aphrodite all right. Travis worked his way to the bar. He glanced around, looking for a staff member he could talk to.

Mom had been rather clear. As much as she admitted a distaste for Aphrodite, she wanted Travis to begin connecting himself to other Scions, preferably those in the same pantheon.

In any case, he suspected there would be serious fighting going on, and he had some personal lack of combat capability that needed filling. From the description he'd gotten from Mother Hera, Phaedra Magnus-Thorne fit that niche quite well.

In the event of trouble, he had put on his Peacock vest underneath his suit. Another present from Hera. Hopefully, it woudn't be put to the test. He caught a flash of blue hair from a booth, and made his way over there.

As she turned to look at him, Travis decided on a formal introduction. "Ms. Magnus-Thorne, I presume?"

When Reider's mortal day was ending, Sapphire's was just beginning. The early evening crowd had faded away for the hardcore late evening patrons. Most of this was lost on Reider. All he knew was this was the time the most beautiful girls were on alert and that Sapphire seemed the happiest. He instead left his gear at the door of her apartment and went back down to see his cousin. Vjorn sat patiently at the back door, a big steak in his bowl and his new collar on his neck. The dire wolf bore the indignities nobly.

"Hey Phea," Reider said siddling up to his cousin. He play punched her in the arm like they were still kids.

"Nice dance. You got a lot of applause ... as always."

He leaned against the bar and a tomato juice was placed beside him.

"Do you expect anything to happen tonight?"

It was a normal comment. AFter the first time Reider had interfered with some bouncers dealing with a frat party, Sapphire had to explain to him that there were fights he wasn't supposed to get involved in. It was hard for Reider not do what was right (in his mind), but they had discovered that sitting close to Sapphire so she could direct him to the proper course.

Having her close as acted as a calming influence on the Norse scion whose bravery far exceeded his sense. In turn, his strengths were an asset for Sapphire to have close by. One day Reider might well be able to return that comforting favor, or so Reider hoped.

The familiar cackle of lightning heralded Reider's presence, as he sidled up to her at the bar. Sapphire couldn't help but smile at him as he slugged her on the arm. Rei has the biggest dog--a fucking wolf, Goddess preseve me!--following him around, and he calls him Bob. I hope it's not too smart, otherwise it's gonna be pissed.

Originally Posted By: Reider
"Do you expect anything to happen tonight?"

"Nah, looks like a good crowd tonight, Rei. Even if there is trouble, let the bouncers and the tribe deal with it. You shouldn't even be in here, really. Keep an eye out on Bob, 'kay?" Sapphire couldn't quite stifle the snicker at the name. "We don't want the pound trying to round him up, that would be trouble. I think tonight, we're heading back to the house. Bob shouldn't be in the city, and there's more space there."

Seeing the way overendowed Destiny eyeing Reider, again, Sapphire turned to her younger cousin, trying to spare him an education he probably didn't need right now. "Go out back and check on Bob, 'kay? Make sure he doesn't wander, and make sure he stays in the back, he'll scare people." Reider nodded with the same, slightly slow grin he always did to any of Sapphire's requests, then headed out.

Sapphire had been sucking on an ice cube, waiting for Beth to come around with another Agent Orange, when, to her senses, the smell of warm olives wafted through the air, and the general cacophony of the club was overlayed with the murmuring of people, like the spectators at a Bosox game, waiting for the opening pitch. Hmm, another Scion, here. Greek too.

She turned in the direction her nose led her, noticing the young man right in front of her. The blond was not unhandsome, dressed in a sharp suit, with piercing green eyes and a presence she was sure men and other women would respond to.

She had no idea who he was or why he was here, unless it was for the dancing. A subtle shift of her eyes keep the two powerful looking women coming to deal with him at bay, though they kept their attention on him.

"Ms. Magnus-Thorne, I presume?" His voice was smooth and professional, just like his smile.

Sapphire winced in mock-dismay, at hearing her given name. "Please, Ms. Magnus-Thorne was my mother, I'm Sapphire Rose. I'm back on stage in an hour and half, but I'll be circulating in thirty minutes. Unless you're here for something... else, Mr...?" Her voice was a smokey caress as she adjusted her bolero jacket, barely keeping her modesty intact. Other than a brief, appreciative glance, the man kept his eyes on Sapphire's.

Sapphire's smile and posture were intensely sensual, though it didn't seem directed at the man; it was just a quality innate to her, as unconscious as breathing. Her sapphire eyes twinkled and light glinted off the close-fitting, platinum chain around her pale neck.

"Travis Taylor, Ms. Rose." Travis replied smoothly. "I'm here at the behest of my mother." Confident that his senses were correctly detecting her special odor, he proceeded to put some emphasis in his next words, so that she understood it was business matters. "You've heard of her. The peacock lady."

Peacock Lady? Wonderful, the Titanswar gets involved once more. This is the last thing I want. The minotaurs were more than enough, thank-you! Who the fuck is the Peacock Lady anyway? Just cause mom was a Greek Goddess, doesn't mean I know all this shit.

"You don't say, Travis," Sapphire said, raising an eyebrow, any sign of her confusion hidden behind a devastating smile. "Your mom told you more than my mom did. Mom doesn't want much to do with me, what does yours want?"

Reider looked at the newcomer with a few glances in his direction. The primative part of his mind recognized the scent though. It warned him that this was no ordinary man. He was something special.

It took longer to realize what that something speical must be. If he smelled like Sapphire then he must be ...

He was catching snippets of the conversation, but he couldn't make heads or tails of it. Mothers? What did this have to do with anyone's mother? Wasn't Phea's mother dead? Sapph didn't seem to be angry, but she wasn't overjoyed either.

Nick paid the entrance fee and walked into Venus. This was pretty much a duty call... but maybe he'd strike out and 'only' have to look at the pretty 'ladies'. It wasn't likely, but it was possible. Earlier Nick had asked ten men to make a list of the ten most attractive people in Boston. Sapphire had been number one on four lists, and the other six had never seen her.

Thus Scion, or Titan, or supernatural, or something else that Nick should probably look into. Good chance this was a player, but for whom he didn't know. Nick's gun was in a chest holster but he felt seriously naked without his stick.

Locating Sapphire was easy, she was where most of the men were staring... and she was definitely worth staring at. And surprise surprise, she was Scion. And so was the man she was talking to. And the other man she was talking so. Two smelled the same... not that he recognized the smell, and the other different, which he also didn't recognize. So not a cousin, one of the others.

Maybe good, maybe bad. Nick shrugged mentally and walked over to introduce himself.

Nick said lowly out loud as he walked, "I don't recognize any of them." Sometimes Moe was there. Sometimes he wasn't.

This time the gods frowned on Nick and his dead brother was there to hear him. Moe stepped up from behind Nick and replied sarcastically, "She works in a club named 'Venus', does sex dances, and looks like walking sex. Obviously she's the offspring of a bringer of Pestilence. Or gee, maybe we should remember that Venus was the Greek sex goddess?"

Nick replied lowly, "You read that stuff growing up, I didn't."

Moe replied, "Well, learn."

Ayato had already hadn't had the best of days. A phone call from his mother had caused him to break his phone in his hands afterwards, which necessitated a long wait at the mall store to get another.

As he entered the club with his "camera" on his back however one look around made the young Scion smile. Clearly tonight would be interesting. He counted at least four others like himself, but not here. "Hopefully nobody here has issues."

He spied Sapphire standing between a mountain of a man in the form of Reider and speaking to another. The fourth Scion seemed to be heading there as well.

Yielding a little to the currents of fate he made his own way over there. "So this is where PEOPLE hang out around here..." He casually appraised each of the three Scions there.

The young Asian Scion spoke in nearly perfect English, he was the shortest of the group, which was pretty much to be expected. There was a certain calmness about him, though his eyes belied an almost frenetic mischief.

Before Travis had a chance to respond, the sounds of wind and wave washed over them, followed by the dry scent of sand and the sweetness of cherry blossoms. Sapphire turned her riveting gaze from Travis to the two men approaching, her blue eyes narrowed with consideration. A hand on his arm and a quick glance out of the corner of her eye, kept Reider from getting to agitated.

One man was a tautly muscled, very handsome Arabic man, the other an extremely athletic Japanese man with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. Both moved with incredible grace, and neither were any older than she was. She supposed, if she were so inclined that way, that she wouldn't have minded tripping either into bed.

Pass them, Sapphire caught Helena's frantic signs that they were armed, and almost left right there. Fuck this! This my club. She looked at the newcomers again, not picking up any overtly hostile vibes, then gestured to the tribe to hold off, to their disgust. They settled back, their attention burning holes in the men's backs.

With an elegant movement, Sapphire settled deeper in the booth to make some extra room, her deep breath and gaping jacket causing the men to nearly swallow their tongues. The grin she flashed managed to somehow be welcoming, wicked, and non-promising, all at the same time.

"Welcome to Venus. Leave all your troubles at the door. Seems like Fate is pulling strings tonight, huh?"

From a booth against the far wall he sat watching her dance. The smell of her was as telling as it was intoxicating; a Scion. The greasy little man sat cloaked in shadow and darkness. The light above had conveniently flickered and gone out soon after he sat down and as a result the booth very nearly faded completely from view. Somebody who knew that there was one here would perhaps notice that the bulb had blown but would not see the occupant. The Scion whore's show ended and his eyes tracked her as she moved from the stage, he'd been watching for what felt like years but it was crucial that he observe first and act second. Where there was one scion there could be more, and if not other scions then often other beings of power. He had already seen the Amazon whores she kept on retainer, they gyrated and debased themselves for the amusement of the patrons. He had no interest in Amazons, they did not taste sweet like the flesh of a Scion did.

The blue haired woman stopped in the crowd to talk to a tall man, a broad blonde who ... he stopped and sniffed, inhaling the scent of burning amber. His thin lips split into a smile, two for one special, the masters would be pleased. In rapid succession three more men joined them and each bore the scent, the distinctive odor of Ichor. Drool glistened on his lips until he wiped it away with a sweaty greasy hand. The man pushed himself back into the darkness, five on one was poor odds though some of these were so faint he knew that they were freshly ripened, barely into their divinity. Still it would not do to be selfish, he would share this with his brothers, they would feast together.

Well, a little unexpected, but maybe for the best. Even though this was a little too much in the way of Scions for his original plan, he decided to talk with the Arab and the Japanese scions instead.

"Aren't we a party." He turned to the other two visitors and grinned. "I'm sure Ms. Rose has enough on her plate. Why don't I buy either or both of you two a drink, and we can get to know each other, eh?" Noticing the expressions on her Amazon guards, he added "I'm sure the security would appreciate it too."

Click to reveal..

Travis' Perception + Awareness: [8,1,4,10,1,5,2] = 3 successes.

Travis sees the Amazons.

Moe said, Interesting. If you'd take your eyes off her chest you'd notice most of the hot chicks here hit the radar as muscle. Amazons probably.

Nick swallowed to break his current chain of thought which was on Sapphire's chest and said, "Amazon? Like Ebay?" *Oh shit. I said that out loud.* Nick quickly added, "Pleased to meet you."

Moe said, :Sigh: No, Amazon like a tribe of mortal but really strong man hating warrior women. They're part of the Greek mythos. We've got two Greeks here, they're not usually with Venus but they're never with a man. Don't start any fights right now brother, you're on someone else's home ground.

More men kept coming up, which was something that would normally have made Reider uncomfortable, but this was something more. He heard and smelt things he had no right to smell and hear. It took him a moment for him to remember what Sapphire had said. These were the smells of other Scions of the Gods and Goddesses and he best be aware.

Reider was torn. Part of him wanted to withdraw. He had no quarrel with these men, but no desire to flee in front of them either. Part of him even wanted to know more about those like him, a hunger to know more than his limited repitoire. This was a quandry, one best answered by staying close to his cousing and waiting to be introduced. He felt there was little else he could do. Starting a conversation was clearly beyond him. The initiative was clearly in someone else's court.

Ayato nods to Sapphire indeed. "I came to enjoy myself, no quarrels here." He figured the Amazons were not really fooled by how he'd disguised his sword. He also realized from what had been said Sapphire knew it too.

"Pulling strings for a grand show I'd wager."

He nods to the man who offered to buy drinks. "Fine by me."

Sapphire captured the attention of the three men with a teasing smile. "As I'm sure you all know, I'm Sapphire, and it's a very great pleasure for you guys to meet me." Her tone was as teasing as her grin, twisted with a trace of false-arrogance.

Sapphire scooched closer to her cousin, giving him a tight, sisterly, one-armed hug that most men would have to pay for. "This is my cousin Reider, say hi Reider. Please stay, this booth is reserved for me, and I'll have to go mingle in fifteen minutes or so anyway. Besides, I'd like to hear what you have say Travis."

As the men sat down, the devastatingly charming woman almost impossible to refuse, Sapphire layed a soft hand lightly on each of the newcomers' arm. Her smile turned slightly sad, but there was a firmness behind it too. "I'm afraid if you want to keep coming here, I'm gonna have to insist you leave your weapons behind, or in the coat room. The girls," Sapphire glanced toward several very large, very attractive women with very large frowns, "get a little antsy with weapons around me."

Sapphire leaned back into the plush cushions of the booth, all her exuberance back as she waved a server over to take drink orders. "I'm also gonna need a pair of names from you two," she said, her glorious, sapphire eyes dancing from the Arab to the Asian.

Ayato smiles. "Ayato Nishima, Sapphire. You're right of course, the pleaure is mine." He smiles and nods to Reider.

"Good to meet you as well Reider."

He looks back to Sapphire. "As I said I'm all for this being a place without quarrels. There are just some things ones such a ourselves do not entrust to others."

That was as close to saying exacly what it was he had on his back, at least to relatives strangers, even if they were scions like him.

"Hi," Reider said shyly, though his eyes held an intense, even rude, stare. It was hard to tell if he was hostile, or merely speech-challenged, and his body was offering little in the way of information.

Reider had noticed the guns, but not connected them with any danger. In a way, he foolishly trusted them to do no harm because it was common knowledge (to him) that those who caused trouble earned themselves a heaping helping of pain. It didn't pay to cross the women. Guns would only be answered with guns and all he had to do was get Sapphire out of the way.

Something dimly warned him that this might be bad and that he should get his own weapons from the back if things went poorly, but that thought confused him. He really didn't want to see any trouble and he didn't want to see Bob get involved in any action. Bob might get hurt.

The handsome Arabic man replied in a voice without a trace of Arabic accent, "I am Nick Mubarak. Again, very pleased to meet you Sapphire, you're a jewel. Ayato. Reider." Nick nodded to Ayato and Reider and continued.

"But I agree with Ayato. If it helps, I came because I heard of your beauty Sapphire and not to start a fight."

To the server Nick said, "Water, Lemonade, or Sprite. No alcohol."

Moe started to wander around.

"And a martini." Travis added. Turning back to the group, he introduced himself. "As Ms. Rose has said, I'm Travis. Travis Taylor. And to answer you, Sapphire, like Nick, I came to see you. Except it was purely business. The kind this group is all in. I'm... new to the club, so to speak."

"You two are dears," Sapphire said warmly to Nick and Ayato. "If you are here just to have fun and relax, then you came to the right place. Just leave the guns or whatever at the door, 'kay?" Sapphire turned truly understanding eyes on Ayato; he could see that she knew that what he held meant to him. But she still had rules she had, or chose, to follow. "If you're always holding on to something, you can't grab life with both hands, hun."

"So you're a newb, Trav?" Sapphire said curiously, without any malice. "I'm still not sure why you're mom send you to me. I can help you out, find a place maybe, but you seem to be doing alright. I'm trying to stay outta the... well you know. I just wanna dance and keep morale up, y'know?"

Originally Posted By: Sapphire Rose
"You two are dears," Sapphire said warmly to Nick and Ayato. "If you are here just to have fun and relax, then you came to the right place. Just leave the guns or whatever at the door, 'kay?"
Nick answered, "OK. Your place, your rules." (Lie) *I'll have to flash my badge next time but whatever. Her rules don't trump the city's but there's no point in upsetting her.*

Quote:
"So you're a newb, Trav?" Sapphire said curiously, without any malice. "I'm still not sure why you're mom send you to me. I can help you out, find a place maybe, but you seem to be doing alright. I'm trying to stay outta the... well you know. I just wanna dance and keep morale up, y'know?"
Nick said, "Mom?" *Oh, right, some of those gods were female.*

At the discordant sound in Nick's voice, that screamed lie as loudly as a siren to her ears, Sapphire's eyes narrowed to slits as she focused on him. For the first time, everyone at the table could see a tiny suggestion of the warrior that hid within her voluptuous exterior. Sapphire herself seemed completely unaware of it.

"I don't want this place to devolve into a warzone, Nick." Sapphire's voice was a silky hiss. "I just want it to be neutral ground, where none of us have to be worried about a knife in the back, and we can relax. So unless you have a permit and the legal right to carry it, leave the armaments at home or in coat-check, 'kay? Otherwise I'll have to reserve the right to refuse service."

If more and more Godchildren keep showing up, armed to the teeth, I'm gonna have to get a vault for their toys.

Nick startled in surprise to be found out so easy but gave a epicly charismatic 'ah, shucks' grin. *She can hear lies too, well... fine then.*

Nick said, "Permit and legal right? Actually, I do. The gun came with a badge and they both came with the job." Nick shrugged and added, "Horus is big on law enforcement."

Nick continued, "So that's me. You're obviously from Venus. I don't recognize everyone else."

"Quiet." Travis hissed, looking somewhat out of his gracious attitude for the moment. "A bar is a public place, no matter how loud." Even quieter, "My mother is Hera. And I came because of the principle of strength in numbers. The more of us we know, the better, as we probably will need to call on each other."

Reider shifted nervously at either the mention of Badge, Horus, or law enforcement. It was so hard to tell when you were standing so close to Sapphire. From his point of view, police and skaters got along like sun and snow. He spent many a night avoiding such people.

Still, maybe this cop was different somehow. Maybe because he was one of us he would be different. He almost asked, but couldn't over come his shyness. If they could be friends it would be something Reider would have to find a way to work on. As it stood he would have to remember to be wary around this one. He'd have to remember why.

The other one then spoke, the one who looked like an incredibly young version of Grandfather. He spoke of unity after a fashion - the creation of a gang. That was something that made Reider smile. In his experience, bullies ran in packs and it paid to have friends. Only as Dad explained it, the bullies would be paying for keeps anad he needed to find a way to whittle down their numbers before the real battle began. Could these guys help?

"Boris is big on law enforcement, and I do work at Venus, Nick," Her sultry contralto distorting what Nick had said, Sapphire's good humour was back, the look in her eyes mollified by the police officer's assertion. A graceful motion of her fingers warned Nick to watch his tongue though.

"I have no problems with cops Nick, just show your badge to the doorman... Well usually doorwoman." Sapphire's lips quirked impishly, as she nodded to two men on the other side of the stage. "They're off-duty, and regulars. Tip pretty good too. Must be in a different precinct, huh?"

"Sounds like a plan, Travis. I'm willing to offer people a place to stay and recuperate, if needed. Not sure about going out guns blazin' though. I've done that once, I'd prefer not doing it again." She looked down on Travis, whispering, crouched over the table, and arched an elegant brow. "We can get a private room if you prefer, Trav."

Harld pulled the phone out of his pocket. It was tiny in his broad hands and he gingerly poked at the buttons to make it ring. His eldest brother's voice rumbled on the other end. "Krais, get you and Jorgun to the place called Venus. There is good hunting, many children of the gods, and all different flavors."

"Are you sure Harld? Do they see you?" The voice on the other end was like a rumble of rough earth crumbling, and it somehow sounded hungry.

"Certain brother, come quickly my stomach hungers." Harld closed the phoned and returned it to his pocket. His eyes returned to the blue haired whore and the four men, he wondered how long he would have to wait and if the woman would leave with one or more of the men before his brothers arrived.

Travis felt rather good with regard to his activities at Venus. It looked as if he had a sizable alliance of Scions forming, which made his venture quite a success. Hearing Sapphire's offer, he replied. "I'll pass on that, but thank you."

The doors bang open and a gaggle of Spanish-speaking well-dressed gang-bangers roll into the club. Their leader, a man wearing a pair of odd sunglasses with a dress shirt and vest with khaki pants, walks in and takes off his sunglasses. He has a pair of jaguar-pelt armbands around his biceps with small teeth hanging off of them. He approaches the door-guard and says, "Hey. We've got a private room booked, for the Rodriguez bachelor party?" The group walks in and heads toward the indicated party room. The leader sniffs at the air, as an unfamiliar scent strikes his nose. He looks around for the source of the scent and spots the small group in the booth with Sapphire. He sniffs the air as he approaches the table with the scions, calling over to his gang, "I'll meet you in the room. And remember... NO TOUCHING!" He stops one of the ladies serving drinks and asks her where he could find the owner. Upon receiving his answer, he makes a bee-line towards the table with Sapphire at it. As he approaches, the other scions can make out the scent of fresh blood coming off of Guillermo, mingling with the melange of scents around him. He smiles, and bows slightly towards Sapphire, "Excuse me, but are you the owner of this establishment?"

Sapphire heard the thump of a heart beat dancing with the bass of the music when the iron tang of fresh blood assualted her nose. She knew instinctively that is was another scion, if not which pantheon he belonged to.

She saw the group of gang-bangers party their way in to their private room, but largely ignored them. They were decently dressed and the gangs had learned to behave themselves; the Tribe usually only had to demostrate once, and the men seemed to take the hint after getting beaten up by a bunch of girls, even if said girls were all over six feet and built like Barbie the Linebacker.

Instead, Sapphire's eyes were drawn to the very solid looking Hispanic man heading towards her booth, his powerful arms straining against the cat-skin bands around his biceps. Her red-lipped smile was warm and wicked.

"I am the owner, yes, Sapphire Rose, and you're with Miguel I'm guessin', muscles. I'm on stage in an hour and an half, I'll be by the party an hour after that, hun. Sound good?"

Guillermo smiles, "I'm Guillermo Sangre. I just wanted to promise you that I'll keep my guys in line. And I will let Miguel know that you'll be by soon enough. Gracias, senorita. You are as lovely as Miguel has said, and then some." He winks and looks around the table, and nods to the others. "If you'll excuse me, I must return to my friends."

"Boris is big on law enforcement, and I do work at Venus, Nick," Her sultry contralto distorting what Nick had said, Sapphire's good humour was back, the look in her eyes mollified by the police officer's assertion. A graceful motion of her fingers warned Nick to watch his tongue though.
Nick nodded and took the rebuke in stride and asked, "Who is Boris"?

Sapphire's lips quirked impishly, as she nodded to two men on the other side of the stage. "They're off-duty, and regulars. Tip pretty good too. Must be in a different precinct, huh?"
Nick thought, *Not really. This would be why Sapphire was at the top of some of the lists.*

At Guillermo's approach Nick smiled, but at his words he frowned and started to actively look around the room. Nick said in a low, sharp voice. "Yet another introduction?! What, five of us just all decided randomly to visit here tonight?! Am I the only one to see the hand of fate in this?"

"So, what's going on that needs 6 of us to put down and not two or three?"

*Is it too late to go get my stick?*

Sapphire let out a throaty chuckle. "It's been a pleasure, Guillermo, and thanks for your promise. All are welcome in Venus as long as they behave." Her voice dropped to a purr. "Mostly." She laughed again, low and sensual. "We'll see how well you control your men, when I dance." She waved off the Latin Scion with a teasing wave of her fingers.

As the newest Scion left for his private party, Sapphire let out a deep breath, her short-cut jacket gaping wide.

"'Scuse me boys, but I'm feeling a chill. Fate's gonna be a bitch tonight I think. Let me out, I'm gonna tell the girls to keep an eye out for trouble."

Fate the swarthy man said. Polar Bears coming to eat your friends was fate, or so his Father claimed. It made him shiver suddenly because he knew the man was right. So many had gathered because of fate and that had to be bad. No one sees the blizzard that does not kill. Who would die amongst all of those gathered today.

As Sapphire rose up, Reider leaned in and whispered,

"I'll go get my knife and keep it in my boot. My axe is too big to carry in the crowd, or so the Ama-zons tell me. I don't like this."

As he turned he added,

"Do you want me to follow you? Will you be safe?"

The fact that there were ten Amazons plus the local security PLUS the other scions around seemed to be lost on Reider. He knew his cousin didn't like fighting and didn't prepare herself often enough. Family came first.

Sapphire patted Reider on the arm, and whispered just as softly, "I'll be fine, Rei, but thanks though. I'm staying in this room, just gonna talk to some of the girls. When you go get your knife, check on Bob, 'kay? If Fate comes knocking at the back door, we don't want Bob chained up, yah?"

She gave Reider a small shove on the back to get him going. As she went to speak to Helena, the amazon leading tonight, Sapphire nibbled on a full underlip. I hope Reider doesn't really think Fate is gonna knock on the back door.

Ayato smiles knowing for now he'd have to acquiesce. He didn't know of a permit to carry a sword, but he new it wasn't technically illegal, just weird.

Beyond that the quick appearance and then vanishing of Guillermo piqued his own interest. He'd NEVER heard of this many Scions together at once.

Something interesting is about to happen, and for once I'm not particularly sure I mean in a good way. He looked around at the others, realizing he hadn't told them who his patron was, and smiled. Not everyone is a fan of Dad, I believe I'll hold thar card awhile longer.

Travis knew his venture to the club had gone exceptional well, but as the other Scions had pointed out, Fate was involved here. And they wouldn't have been tugged together just to meet each other. So, it was worth keeping an eye out. Fortunately, he couldn't see anyone within a reasonable radius who were looking at them, other than the Amazons and some men obviously paying attention to Sapphire and not the group.

Best stay alert though. "Nick," he began looking at the Arabic scion, "since you're on the police, I suggest you keep us informed of anything that the cops find that... we should look into. "

Reider took his drink and went back in the club's backstage. The girls greeted him (mostly) thought a few gave him jealous glances. Thrace was going to do a private party and gave Reider a nod. She was one of the nicer Amazons. She gave him all the respect and attention of her Tyrant's favorite pet. He was a good male and did what he was told ... and stayed away most of the time.

Reider went upstairs and and went to his bedroll/sleeping bag. He opened it up and lovingly took out his axe and held it for a minute. He couldn't come up with any suggestions himself on how to best hide it on his person so that the Amazons didn't notice. Sighing he placed it back down and picked up his knife. He stuck it down his boot until the hilt was hidden. The sheaf chafted his ankle, but the comfort it gave mentally was worth it. Reluctantly, he rolled his bedthings up and put them back just inside the door with his board and his bow.

He walked up inside and stared at the spot were his gun was hidden. He rarely handled it save late at night when the club had closed and only then to clean it. He even cleaned the required trigger lock. His rifle would be even farther away - at Sapphire's home. Too far away to do any real good. Somehow he was going to have to figure out how to keep it closer. More like it, someone else would have to figure it out for him. That realization did little to bring him ease of mind.

Knife in boot, Reider left the room drink in hand. He didn't lock it. What good was locking it if Sapphire had no place for a key on her 'equipment'. The knife rubbed him constantly, but it was a good sensation. It was a weapon and weapons made him feel betterin his grasp.

Reider next went to the kitchen and got a tray of ribs from the cooler. He put it on the counter and replaced it with a rack from the freezer. He hoped it wouldn't be noticed. The young viking took the try and put it in a bucket before heading out to see Bob.

"Here you go Bob. Some more dinner."

He didn't know why he talked to Bob, but it felt comforting as if Bob could really understand and comiserate.

"We have a lot of people like me in here tonight Bob. They seem so confident and together. Makes me thing something is wrong with me. There is like four or five inside - not counting Phea or me."

Bob's head went up and he studied intently.

"Anyway. I got to go back inside. Can leave Phea hanging. Take care buddy."

Sapphire had wanted to chaing him, but that felt cruel to Reider kept him on a light rope tied to an pipe on the side of the wall. The big dog slept in an empty refrigerator box to keep him out of the elements and already looked forward to the occassional baths on his heavy white coat. 'Bob' stood and watched Reider go back inside.

The club noise went up a few notches as went out the door back into the main club. He passed Sapphire's private booth and made his way to the bar. There they refreshed his coke and otherwise ignored him. Reider was family and he didn't cause trouble. He was, to them, a virtual non-entity and harmless. For a big man, he was rather passive, shy, but pretty. He was occassionally confused for a dancer, to some amusement to the staff.

Tonight, no one was approaching him. The stages held their attention. It was a good night; good and busy.

Archived