Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - The Unlikely Prophets OOC Thread

Charlotte

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(No specific order for Glitch)

1. Get his parents to and safely hidden away in the town.

2. Study the Vault's history and technology (including the ear implants for Jas... and potentially something that can restore Blackjack's sight wink ).

3. Start building up the base/town with whatever is called for.

Info on Glitch's Parents for Mike:

Stephen Froit: A now balding older man (thinning black hair as he would put it) with a relaxed attitude in dealing with other people and life in general (despite having lost the ability to engage in what had been one of his biggest loves of his life other than Marriane). The convenience store where he works at considers him one of their best employees. The Official Service Excellency Recognition has been his for the past five years in a row. Also, he has a thing for Star Trek, being an avid watcher of all the releases in theaters.

Marriane Froit: Glitch's mom is similarly aged, but has a more fiery temper, which is why she was the one to piss off the Order's representatives. Still, she has never been less than contrite for her part in the family's sufferings and works hard at cleaning, both the Froit residence and the houses of other people as a maid. Of course, the couple has an avid enough sex life, and the more fanciful dresses work for interesting scenarios.

Sharatur is going to help get the rescued prisoners organized and set up in town. She's not very strong, but her teleportation, walking on air, and limited super-speed abilities should prove plenty useful. And she does have a solid background in organizing herds of people. ; )

And at some point, she's also going to stealthily check up on Francis and Terry, make sure they didn't suffer from her Dramatic Exit. If she thinks it's safe--for them as well as her--she'll make contact with them, if only to let them know she's fine. Sort of. And to admit that they were right all along...

The rest of her time will be split between examining the artifact that gave her her powers (maybe the Vault has info on that) to see if there's anything she can discover from it, practicing her powers and martial arts, and thoroughly exploring Ayers Rock.

Hex will:

1) Study the artifact (staff) from the Labyrinth and attempt to unlock its secrets.

2) Work to create a large, stable glamour that will conceal the town's revival from airborne eyes. The glamour will be bound to a totem; a physical object located in the town. If that object is damaged or destroyed, the illusion protecting the place will be similarly damaged or destroyed. It'll be paid for with Hex's contribution of HQ points (she will buy the Concealment in other words).

3 Access and study Elizabeth Driche's research into the nature of super powers.

What is Necronaut up to?

1: Helping pull the base together, as described in the relevant thread

2: Hunting around for the salient dead... if he can learn where anyone mentioned by the vault is deposited he will try to track them down and learn what he can and offer any assistance they require. The latter goes for any restless dead he encounters (he may take a deeper look at Ayer's rock to that end)

3: If he can get a minute alone in the vault he will try to look up his parents.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks,

I'm back and will try to catch up as fast as I can. Thank you for holding out so long, but I really had no chance at all to take some time off and dedicate it to the site.

The move went more or less smoothly and Internet-access has been established which means, I'll be around again on a regular schedule (read - as usual).

Updates come this week!

PS:

Mike - is there anything you need to know specifically? I can't remember if I mentioned this but Bodhie is of course going to help to build/establish the base and on a personal note she'll try to keep taps on her son, probably asking Hex to help her (doorwise). I haven't read the story thread as I post this and if things are too late then just forget my little PS wink

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, crap! I'm only in this game, so I only link to this game's forum. I had missed the migration, and kept wondering why no one had posted in so long. Sorry guys, didn't mean to vanish.

I only caught on when I glanced at that IRC thing in the upper right corner of the old website, which said something like "go to the new website..."

Catching up and posting now.

Current thread is slowing down, so I think that the next UPdate will have us skipping ahead to the next day. If you have plans, let me know; otherwise, get your last posts of the day in.

Also, we'll be leaving downtime behind in the next month or so, so if you have not all decided how the headquarters is going to work, and how you will upgrade to PL11, please do so.

Gloom, you can keep the gun as ornamentation - but to actually use it in a fight, you'll have to purchase it (as an Easy-To-Lose Device.)

Apologies for my absence...now I'm a little lost.

I'm going to assume Hex went to the meeting, if that's okay.

Sure - long as she's on call to recall Norman & Sharatur.

That depends in large part on Mike.

It's 100% fine by me, long as you want to come back and have the time to commit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got Hex's updated sheet posted.

And just in case being the party's only means of long-range transport didn't make her indispensable enough...now she can heal folks too! And give people disguises. And....and...turn her staff into a snake.

Sooth.

Hex seems okay. I'm a bit hesitant about the minion, but this one unlike Necro's can actually be hit, so it should be okay.

A reminder, that everyone needs to update their sheets to PL11, 165PP. Cyco gets this PP and PL increase as well.

No UPdate today because there are no player posts to respond to - I want to give players a chance to react to her before NPCs do. So I'm going to do something unconventional and tell you about the book Cyco is carrying:

unlikely.jpg

The edition that Cyco has is the first one, on the left, published in 1997. The second edition on the right is the 2006 version. It was quite difficult to track down, but I read a synopsis years ago and managed to obtain the book itself earlier this year.

More than that I can't say, except that the book has informed parts of this game. Which parts? Well, keep going and you'll all find out...

Hee! Neat!

As for the serpent, it's not much against equal PL foes. I'm envisioning it more as a scout or spy...perhaps able to engage weak enemy minions as well, but not really ideal for combat at our strength, since using it as a snake means she loses access to its healing properties.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived