Mutants & Masterminds: Harmony City - Red Team: The Visitor

Dawn OOC

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"As am I Vixen, but I thought I'd give anyone who wanted to grab something a chance to get it."

He pauses in thought briefly, "Actually a camera and perhaps some handcuffs might be handy. To document our findings and apprehend people. Having said that we won't have any jurisdiction out there will we, so anything we do will be as private citizens and potentially illegal?"

"Correct," Chad said, "but it's the fu-rackin' Bahamas - who is going to tell you to stop? They don't have defenders, and if you're apprending criminals, I don't see them caring."

"You can't," Thirty-One rasped. He looked pale, almost sick. "You can't just walk in there. I almost didn't get out."

"Relax," Ditto said to Thirty-One, grinning and holding up a hand to stop any more protest. "Dude, we're Supers. We do this kinda stuff all the time. Just another day at the office."

He hopped and clapped his hands to loosen up a bit. "C'mon guys, for crying out loud you could talk till nightfall and still not say anything. Let's just go, kick butt, and be done with it."

"Very well," Tessaract said calmly. "Relocating in three...two...one..."

The room convulsed around the team and vanished, leaving them adrift in inky darkness. Tessaract wasn't there. A moment later the darkness melted away and there was a sensation like a shove from all directions at once.

And then sunlight. Blindingly bright off of white sand that everyone dropped a couple of inches onto.

Tess looked around, squinting disapprovingly against the sudden light.

"The map was inaccurate. I was aiming farther inland. I do think I have the right island."

"Yeah, that can always be a problem Tess. Maps are only good to a percent or two generally. Nice transport though, Thanks."

Dwarfstar then turns to examine the area around them and to get his bearings so that he has some idea which direction they need to head in.

They were looking into the early-morning sun, while the water stretched north and south. The sand was warm, the beach was blue - and in front of them, below the rising sun, the ever-present storm that was the Bermuda Triangle.

"Well from what our vistor told us earlier I gather that he flew in, so I guess we'll have to fly out that way to locate the place, somewhere in that lot I assume?", Dwarfstar finishes pointing towards the heart of the Bermuda Triangle

"Oh, Christ. No one start talking about parallel worlds and magical ley lines and all that crap I hear about the Bermuda Triangle." Despite her skepticism, however, Vixen sniffed the air, perhaps wondering if any of that strange scent she sometimes picked up would be here.

Vixen had never been this close to one of the Bermuda Storms, not since gaining her 'magic' sniffer. And as she sniffed, she expected to smell rain, wind, seawater and ozone.

What she smelled was all that and the bitter tang of magic. But this wasn't like what she normally smelled. It was twisted somehow, tainted. Wrong.

"Hwugh." Vixen suddenly looked wobbly on her feet. "Okay... nn. Okay. I take all that back. I can smell it, all that... that weird scent, but it smells bad. Not like it did before. Something's in there all right..."

Tessaract gives Vixen a curious look, then inhales through her nose.

"I don't smell anything unusual. I could transport us into the storm, but without anything to stand on I would fall into the water on arriving. If one of you were to carry me while flying, or arrange for a boat, that would correct that problem."

"Boat. Boat boat boat." She cast around, looking out to sea... and smiled. She pointed. "Boat."

A thin green beam sprang forth from her finger. It hit the water, and a patch of the ocean shimmered, forming a small schooner, with seats enough for all.

"Boat!"

Not water. A boat. Holy crap.

Tessaract stared for a moment, then produced from her pocket something that looked a little like a conch seashell made of flat, dull black plastic or metal or something. It seemed...off, somehow. Its dimensions and proportions changed subtly as she moved in her hands, and some of the things she seemed to touch weren't actually in it, or on it...some were inside it, or around it.

She looked at Vixen again after studying the thing intently, then nodded and put the strange doohickey away before stepping onto the boat.

"Thank you. Are the rest of you coming?"

"That's all very well," sayd Dwarfstar as he turns to Tess, "but we don't have a map or anything like a map to say where we need to in that mess to target a 'port from."

He turns again to include Thirty One, "Can you at least give us an estimate of distance and direction?"

"Man," Ditto said slapping Dwarfstar on the back as he walked past him towards the boat. "You could screw up a wet dream with all your delaying."

Ditto's form shifted into a duplicate of Dwarfstar and using Dwarf's voice, with a mocking accent for kicks, goose-necked with each step he took. "'Pardon me figment of my imagination... do you have a tissue? Proper protection? Can you give an estimate of distance and approximate VC, I don't have a map you see. Dream or no, I should certainly endeavor to make this as difficult s possible, wait.... Figment... where are you going! I love you!'."

In a blink he was Ditto again and winked at Vixen as he hopped in the boat. "Vixy, pure awesome, yer gonna have ta' show me that trick. Aight peeps, hop in the boat. We're supers, so get the lead out... riding off into storms that lead to alternate dimensions that smell like old socks is just par for the course. The quicker we get this done the quicker we're drooling over fresh caught lobster."

"So it's underwater... okay. Well, let's head out to sea a ways, then I can... uh... give everyone gills. And, uh, light-sensitive eyes. And, uh, fins, too, I guess... unless anyone else has a way underwater."

"If I can pinpoint the location of the base, I can take us there without going through the water," Tessaract says. "But we need to be closer."

No sooner said, than the beach winked into inky greyness. They were still on the boat, but the boat was floating in a vast seeming emptiness.

Then they were atop the water, and the sky was roiling and dark with clouds. Tess produced her dull grey 'conch shell' and started fiddling with it.

(Using Device to see if I can detect any super powers around here besides the PC's. Range is a little over 1000 feet.)

The Moron of Many Face's eyes lit up at Vixen offering of body modifications. "Oh that just sounds kick butt! Hook me up, I gotta try this! I want a tail, I so wanna tail..."

"...Or," he sighed and collapsed into a seat as they were suddenly some other place. "We can just avoid all that and completely take all the fun out of it."

"You asked for it. Mermaid."

Vixen points her finger like a gun, and cocks her thumb like a hammer.

Click to reveal..
DC19, if he wants to save. Vixen will shift around a few stat points and give Ditto Swimming, Immunity (drowning), Darkvision, the no-legs drawback, and a seashell bra.

Tessa frowned as her device worked perfectly. The reason she frowned was because she saw blips all around them.

Perhaps she picked the wrong place to teleport to. Then she realized that she should be able to see them, but she couldn't.

Click to reveal..
Who has the skill Pilot (Boat)?

"Sweet!" Ditto exclaimed, gripping his newly acquired buoyancy. He paused, impressed with their size. "Wow... I didn't think you liked this much, thanks! Oh man wish Brightstar was hear, I'd so try and convince her into a wet t-shirt con-"

He rasped slightly... tried to inhale but only wheezed... flopping about, much to everyone's (except prolly Tess) amusement, he gripped the railing and gracelessly dumped himself over the edge of the boat into the water.

His wet head of hair popped up from the depths a moment later, panting slightly. "Breathe water... right gotcha... coulda warned me..." His geeky light hearted smile returned a second later. "C'mon in guys... this is kinda cool."

Click to reveal..
For the record... Ditto is a sexy a mermaid. smile

Tesseract frowned and looked up from the weird little thingy she was playing with.

"I'm detecting multiple perturbations in higher dimensional geometry surrounding us," she reported. Both her voice and expression reflected surprise, and concern.

She looked all around.

"According to this instrument, there are many individuals with powers, under the surface of the ocean all around us."

"I was in a bounded region of superspace, in which it is possible to interact with my originator. After assessing my performance, we decided my design was flawed. This device is an attempt to correct the flaw without negating the progress I've made already."

She hesitated, then added, "This isn't the best moment to be discussing this."

"No, no it isn't," Dwarfstar turns to Vixen, "I guess your going to have to give all of us at least water breathing abilities if you can. Heh, I guess it's also time for me to find out if my flying works underwater or not."

"All righty. Mermaid, mermaid, mermaid, mermaid." Vixen points at everyone untransformed in turn, saving herself for last, green flashes flying about.

She pauses, looking at herself - from the waist up, perfectly normal (for her) albeit in a green seashell bra, and a fish from the waist down. Then she looks at Dwarfstar and Thirty-One - their chests, anyways - and looks embarrassed. "Uh, sorry about the, er, the what-nots, I'll - look, just swim. Tesseract, try and point us in the right direction."

Maybe I watched The Little Mermaid too much as a kid...

Click to reveal..
Okay, I can't actually add power points to you - that involves the Empowerment power - so your power point totals are the same, shifted around as such.

You gain: Immunity 1 (breathe underwater), Darkvision (2pp), and Swimming at 2 ranks (50mph.) Cost is 5pp. To counterbalance, there's the No Legs drawback at 4pp and you each lose a point of Strength. You can still breathe air.

Dwarfstar looks around and down at himself, then turns to Vixen, "Well, I suppose I should thank you, but yeah, you could have tweaked your spell or whatever a bit. Oh, well, lets go swimming I guess."

With that he flies overboard into the water.

That blue waters were warm, but the high waves and screaming winds removed any pleasure. Once the team submerged though - that was a different world. The sea was still dark, but not as dark as it should have been; lights glowed from far below them.

Thirty-one shivered and started to kick down, frowning.

Click to reveal..
Take the time to react, but don't get too far. >:D

Archived