Aberrant: Stargate Universe - [Mission] SG23: P4Z-326 - Part 2

Mr Fox

Dana:

Because of the reaction to the gore splattering him the second jaffa escaped being gutted and instead suffered only a deep gash in his left forearm. With a grunt of pain, but not slowed by the minor flesh would the big man swung his staff weapon in an arc in front of himself. Luckily for Dana he was confused at to where she might be and missed. Worse, having been off balance from the instinctive reaction that saved his life he did not have his feet planted properly for the swing and slipped in the blood falling hard on his ass and nearly losing his grip on his staff. ((gotta love a botch! smile Top of Round 2.))

SG23:

Upstairs in the Jaffa living quarters the pandemonium ensued as the attacks began. Simms covered the hallway to make sure they wouldn't be attacked from any wandering patrols due to the commotion as the other three team members charged through the door opening fire or charging the bad guys.

Ryan's quick shot injured a jaffa that had been standing near the table.

((That's the end of the ambush round. Top of Round 1. The BGs go at 12.))

There were several Jaffa around him- a feast of targets. They were also armed and could do alot of damage. To lessen the number of standing opponenets, Omar reaches out and grabbs the nearest standing Jaffa and tosses him at the milling mayhem of Jaffa.

((OOC: not sure if this is a multiple action or just a difficult attack..he's going to try and throw one Jaffa into the others.))

Click to reveal.. (Throw)
(09:15:48) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 at +1 difficulty and gets 7,6,2,9,2,5,1,1. [1 sux]

Damage: (09:21:33) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 5d10 and gets 5,6,10,9,6. [2 + [5]= 7 bashing] Add impact damage, if necessary, and automatic knockback.

Click to reveal.. ( thrown weapon (Jaffa))
(09:33:57) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 6d10 at +2 difficulty and gets 10,2,3,10,2,8. [1 sux]

Damage: (09:36:50) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 5d10 and gets 9,4,7,8,3. [3+ [5]= 8 bashing]

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan lines up on one of the uninjured Jaffa and strokes the trigger, then dives out of the way for cover not wanting to really test his own toughness if needed.

Click to reveal..
split action 1 attack and one dodge

attack -2 die

(14:32:34) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 8d10 and gets 8,4,2,5,9,7,1,5.

(14:32:44) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 3.

3 successes

defense -3 die

(14:32:50) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 7d10 and gets 2,3,6,7,4,9,2.

(14:32:57) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 9.

4 successes

damage

(14:34:11) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 10d10 and gets 6,6,7,10,1,3,3,5,8,4. 3 damage Lethal

Omar's action was impressive, it left two jaffa somewhat injured and out of the action for a few seconds. Ryan on the other hand fired another round from his P90 doing doing just enough damage to anger a big jaffa who had managed to stand up just before the table had been destroyed. He in turn threw a knife zinging Hawkes way luckily he easily dodged. The knife clattered off the hallway wall and to the ground.

Of the remaining Jaffa three rushed toward the door bare handed hoping to overwhelm the attackers while the remaining jaffa moved quickly to their bunks to grab staff weapons or zats.

((Simms still hasn't gone for Round 1, but I'm not going to wait any longer. Top of Round 2, please state and roll your actions. Omar's 2 will be getting up this round and so will not be taking offensive action. Three Jaffa are charging the door where Hawke and Simms are stationed firing their P90s. The other Jaffa will have their weapons in hand this round and attack. This will be the first round that the Jaffa are armed and effective, be careful.))

Ryan snaps another shot at the one he'd prevously shot and calls out to Simms "Suppression on the Trio!", calling for a full auto burst on the three charging Sims.

Click to reveal..
attack roll-2die

(22:38:33) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 8d10 and gets 9,10,2,4,4,6,6,10.

(22:38:42) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 2. 3 success

Defense Roll -3 die

(22:38:52) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 7d10 and gets 8,9,8,7,1,9,8.

(22:38:59) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 4. 6 success

Damage roll

(22:39:25) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 10d10 and gets 5,5,1,8,6,3,2,8,5,2. 2 damage Lethal

(I swear I'm getting a better gun this thing rolls ass on damage...)

Omar saw them rushing towards their bunks to grab weapons. Once armed, they could do some serious damage.

He rushed at them, hoping to smash one of them into their bunks. If he was lucky, a few weapons might be just a little more difficult to get thier hands one.

Click to reveal.. ( hyperspeed slam)

(06:01:42) ChatBot: (Omar) rolls 8d10 @ +1 diff and gets 5,4,10,5,7,2,3,3. [1 sux]

Damage: (06:04:05) ChatBot: (Omar) rolls 8d10 and gets 10,8,5,1,3,5,1,7.

Rerolling 10's for 'Huge'- (06:04:29) ChatBot: (Omar) rolls 1d10 and gets 3. [3 sux]

[8 bashing]

Ryan fired at the same Jaffa he had previously wounded and managed another glancing shot off his ribcage. He still wasn't out but looking bloody. Simms switched to full auto and sprayed bullets across the three coming at them hitting all three but not doing enough damage to any one of the three to take them down. These damn Jaffa were tough. One of the three took a mighty swing at Hawke and missed hitting the doorway next to him with his fist breaking several bones in his hand, but despite what must have been a great deal of pain he just grunted and looked set to try bowling Hawke over with his next attack. Simms on the other hand did go down under the combined weight of the two large men that slammed into him. He wasn't hurt, but he was on the ground and beneath the two men who looked ready to start beating him Rodney King style with their fists.

Meanwhile Omar did pin one of the men to his bunk and caught the man with an unintentional elbow in the process nearly knocking him out. He was groggy but not out of the action just yet. The other two men grabbed up their weapons ready to fire.

((Top of Round 3. Simms is prone and occupying two of the unarmed Jaffa. Hawke has the third unarmed Jaffa in his face. Omar is facing off with one unarmed Jaffa that was nearly knocked out this round. Two more unarmed jaffa will be back in action this round and two other Jaffa are now armed and will fire their weapons. The two unarmed jaffa will be going for weapons. Of the two that are armed one has a zat the other a staff weapon. With four armed Jaffa this could turn ugly for you guys. Staff weapons and zats hit hard even against novas.))

Omar saw that the others had weapons, and they were coming to bear on him and his comrads. Omar let the one go he had pinned against the bunk and moved into the fray. Almost on instinct, Omar swings a foot out at one armed attacker and tosses a right cross at the other one.

Click to reveal.. ( Multiple action)

Attack 1: Kick- (diff pen. removed due to Omnidexterity, -2 die to roll.)

(19:22:23) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 6d10 and gets 7,6,9,5,7,10. [4 sux]

Damage 1: (+3 die carryover)

(19:25:00) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 10d10 and gets 8,7,2,7,7,1,3,2,2,7. [5 sux + [5]= 10 bashing]

Attack 2: Strike- (-3 die to roll for MA + +1 diff for multiple opps.)

(19:35:46) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 4d10 and gets 9,4,9,6. [2-1 = 1 sux]

Damage 2:

(19:29:06) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 6d10 and gets 3,2,4,8,2,3. [1+ [5]= 6 bashing]

((OOC: Bring on the pain!))

Ryan Let his battle rifle fall on its sling as he pulled up the Zat gun and shot both the Jaffa going for their weapons, trusting Omar's attacks to shut down the other two and Simms to handle himself.

Click to reveal..

Attack 1 -2 dice

(21:42:13) ChatBot: (Ryan) rolls 8d10 and gets 3,8,7,2,7,2,9,9.

(21:42:17) ChatBot: (Ryan) rolls 1d10 and gets 1. 5 successes

Attack 2 -3 dice

(21:42:22) ChatBot: (Ryan) rolls 7d10 and gets 10,2,3,10,1,1,5.

(21:42:30) ChatBot: (Ryan) rolls 1d10 and gets 9 4 successes

Quick as lightning Omar sent out a kick and a punch. The kick landed very solidly on the side of a Jaffa's head putting him out cold and collapsing to the ground like a puppet with it's strings cut. The punch was less effective on the other big jaffa. It left the man staggered but still functional.

Hawke on the other hand ignored the unarmed jaffa attacking him relying on his unique toughness and instead shot the other two jaffa going for their weapons. They both dropped twitching with the play of Zat energy over their bodies.

The big jaffa right in front of Hawke laid a very solid punch into his stomach, but to little effect. The armed Jaffa who had retained consciousness however, fired his staff weapon at Omar at point blank range. Omar was miffed at the bruise it caused.

((OOC: Simms is taking a beating but holding his own. Top of Round 4.))

Omar grunted as the staff weapon blasted into his chest. As there were few Jaffa left, Omar released the quantum he was using to fuel his superspeed. Since the enemy's disposition was still not fully known, Omar thought it wise to conserve his limited energy reserves.

((OOC: Dropping hyperspeed))

He smiled at the Jaffa who shot him, and just as quickly cracked him across the head with a meaty elbow.

Click to reveal.. ( strike)

Attack:(00:32:27) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 5,5,10,10,1,5,1,7. [3 sux]

Damage: (+2 carryover)(00:34:05) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 8,5,8,1,7,2,10,10. [5 + [5]= 10 bashing]

Ryan seeing Simms getting hit hard and Omar handling things, turns the zat on two of Simms's attackers.

Click to reveal..
First attack -2 dice

(01:01:44) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 8d10 and gets 4,6,3,5,5,9,3,10.

(01:01:49) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 9. 5 success

2nd attack -3 die

(01:01:55) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 7d10 and gets 3,8,1,1,6,9,1.

(01:02:01) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 1. (2 success)

Omar clubbed the man in front of him in the face with and elbow and rocked him back, but he did manage to recover from the blow and held onto his staff weapon. He fired again at point blank range this time the shot was square in Omar's chest making him grunt in surprise and pain. Those Staff's actually hurt.

((Omar takes 3 more lethal.))

Out in the hallway Hawke has an easy time shooting in the back the two Jaffa dogpiling onto Simms. Both fell atop the prone SG member unconscious, but because they were both touching Simms at the time some of the zat energy effected him as well, but only enough to make him twitch, not enough to render him unconscious. That left the man who had attacked Hawke before with his bare hands. Seeing that the punch had no effect he drew a boot knife and stabbed at the Major's back. Unfortunately the stab was deflected by Hawke's P90 scratching it up pretty badly. The guys at the base Armory would be miffed about that. It was a very lucky deflection since there was a great deal of thrust behind the stab and might have actually done some harm had the blow landed.

((Top of round 5, there are only 2 jaffa left able to threaten the team. The one that just shot Omar and the one trying to stab Hawke.))

Ryan grunts and wheels on his attacker, firing the zt at virtually point blank range while preparing to defend himself should that not be enough.

Click to reveal..

Attack -2 dice

(10:56:14) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 8d10 and gets 3,10,4,10,7,2,3,4.

(10:56:21) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 2. 3 successes

Defense -3 dice

(10:56:26) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 7d10 and gets 7,1,10,8,10,1,4.

(10:56:31) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 2.

reroll 10's (10:58:08) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 2d10 and gets 2,4. 4 successes

Omar had had enough. That last shot stung, and Omar was sure it had done some damage. He spun his hips and sent a kick to the midsection of the Jaffa.

Click to reveal.. ( kick)

Attack: (11:20:57) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 5,1,6,8,10,2,1,3. [2 sux]

Damage: (+ 1 carryover)- (11:22:53) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 3,1,6,4,9,7,1,9. [3 + [5]] = 8 bashing

Hawke's opponent dropped with a grunt tendrils of energy playing across his body and he suddenly found himself without a target.

Omar's annoyance translated into a kick that not only drove the wind of of the jaffa's lungs but sent him careening into a wall and then to collapse unconscious to the floor. And just that fast the fight was over. There were still jaffa groaning and trying to move but it was quick work to zat the rest and ensure they would stay unconscious long enough to securely bind them. If the intel they had received was correct then there should only be two more Jaffa in the entire base. After a few minutes of securing the prisoners with heavy duty zip ties and duct tape, the team proceeded to scout out the rest of the base.

Much of the rest of the ground floor was in bad shape and abandoned, but much of the underground facility was intact. Several floors below in what looked like a mirror of the SGC, the team did come across the bodies of two slain jaffa, but no evidence of who might have done the deed. The slaves that the team rescued had no idea how it could have happened, they were entirely too cowed to have attempted escape. Unfortunately no evidence turned up to provide a clue.

The leader of the slaves approached the team when they were freed. "Please, have mercy on us great masters!"

Omar began to push small amounts of quantum energy into his cells to initiate regeneration. His wounds began to visibly repair themselves. In less than a minute, Omar looked as good as new.

((OOC: Regenerate 4 lethal HL.))

Click to reveal..

QP: 14/22

WP: 6/6

Omar clenched his fists in anger when he saw the emaciated slaves. It had been a long time since he had seen this kind of cruelty and he wanted to destroy those that had done this.

Omar got down on one knee so he would not tower over the slave-leader. Omar smiled at the man. He let the Major do the talking.

"We...we're free?" There was a look of incomprehension on the mans face. "You mean we can return to our homes?" Seeing Hawke's nod of agreement, the man began to tear up a bit. "I never thought I would see my family again. This is wonderful!" The other people all began to mumur in excitement among themselves. Many of the faces had tears openly running down their cheeks. One of the former slaves nudged the leader in the ribs. "You should show them."

The leader nodded, "Please come with me. I used to be a scientist on my world before Hathor came and took us away. There is something the jaffa brought back recently that you might want." He lead the way down the hall and to the elevator. On the bottom most level where the SGC would have kept it's armory was a door. Inside what should have been the armory was what used to be a lab, but all the instruments were either gone or broken long ago. The mess however, was not what drew everyone's attention. There was a large oddly shaped device that showed a flat uniformly grey surface. On the right hand side of the frame was a protrusion.

The scientist spoke gravely, "We believe it is like the Chapa'i, but instead of traveling to other worlds, it opens a doorway to other realities. The jaffa found it on some other world and brought it back here hoping to use it to find weapons and other devices to make them more powerful, or perhaps to find a reality where Hathor was still alive. We were terribly afraid they might succeed so we did our best to not find what they were looking for. Please take this thing away and guard it so that Hathor cannot come through from some other place." The man seemed truly terrified of that possibility.

The man looked relieved but shook his head. "We weren't sure how dangerous using it would be so we hadn't gone through yet."

"Our homeworld is called Neone. I've missed it greatly, and I hope all is well there. We had not known the gods for thousands of years until Hathor came through the Chapa'i and took back her position of power. She culled the best and brightest of our scientists and brought us here. Please, if you can help our people? Since Hathor is dead come back with us and help us to throw down her jaffa?"

Ryan shakes his head. "Unfortunately it isn't my call on what worlds we go to. I'll Speak with my commander and I'm sure he'll authorize a sortie to Neone with a full team of personnel. But I cannot go with just myself and, Captain Khudikias, and Seargeant Simms."

The man looked disappointed. "I can give you the coordinates to our world both spatially and the Chapa'i symbols. There are only a few dozen of her jaffa but when they came they took control of the government, and rule through a pretense of law." The man frowned in thought for a moment, "When... If you come through the Chapa'i, do not come in those clothes. It might be guarded. But if you do come through, seek me out, I am called Durma."

Ryan extended his hand towards the man. "Ryan Hawke, Durma. If you could prepare a written report on what you know and the coordinates, that will likely go a long way in getting my commanding officer onboard for a relief mission. I'll mention the possible guards part as well."

Durma bowed to Hawke. "I would be happy to if it could convince your leader to help my people. We are not a star faring people like Hathor and the false gods, but we have raised ourselves up out of barbarism and united under a single government after ages of warring between states. It tears me apart that someone like Hathor could come in and take over so easily and undo all the hard work we have done in the last hundred years or so."

"I'd like to think people are stronger than that. Once Free your ppeople continued on. That's my hope at any rate."

He sounded hopeful oing all he could to raise the spirits of Durma and the others before calling in the Marines and explaining the situation. They had prisoners and an artifact to take home, anda group of slaves to repatriate to their homes.

Durma made some kind of sign with his hand that you've never seen before, "I pray you are right. Now if we are free, my fellows and I will gather our things and be going home. I hope to see you soon in a happier place."

It took hours and hours to go through the base with a fine toothed come, but nothing of any further interest was found besides the quantum mirror and the Jaffa's weapons. Those of course were packed up and shipped out for inspection and would either end up in some lab being studied or more likely since they already had many of them, they would end up in the armory if they were in good enough condition. After less than 24 hours it was over and the team was able to head home.

Omar listened to the Durm's story and wanted to help. Not at some later time, after the wheels of Air Force bureaucracy churned out the approval. Omar wanted these people liberated as soon as possible. Omar also realized the importance of the artifact; it might provide him the means to contact the Watchers. A dangerous tool.

Omar turns to the Major. "Sir. I'd like to request permission to remain with these people and keep guard over the artifacts. While the place seems secure, someone, or something killed those two Jaffa. They might still be here."

"I'd also like to volunteer to liberate their homeworld."

"Ryan shakes his head. "Request Denied Captain. The team still needs you. We're taking the artifacts with us so that isn't an issue. If you truly wish to help these people then I will task you with presenting their case to General O'Neil. I will support you and make the needed arrangements. When you succeed, we'll both go along with the rest of the team, to their world and do what we're best at."

His tone was firm yet warm. "IS that acceptable to you Captain?"

Archived