Jump to content

Aberrant: Stargate Universe - [Mission] SG23: P4Z-326 - Part 2


Mr Fox

Recommended Posts

The new SG23 met in the briefing room at the appointed time. O'Neill gestured for everyone to have a seat. "Alright folks, here's what I want you to do. The trip to P4Z-346 did not go according to plan. Major as you know the base was discovered to be occupied by rogue Jaffa. After questioning the prisoners you brought back we have confirmed that they are remnants of the Jaffa warriors that Hathor lured away from their former masters. They remained because they fear that they will be executed on sight should they venture anywhere they might be discovered by their former 'gods'. Goa'uld don't take betrayal lightly and they would be tortured before being allowed to die, never mind that they didn't have any chance against Hathor's drug induced loyalty."

He sat back in his seat and smiled, "The good news is that the numbers aren't nearly as bad as Specialist Donnighal believed. There were 50 people there in total not 50 jaffa. We are confident from the questioning that there are only aproximately 15 jaffa total left holding nearly thirty-five laborers and scientists in captivity. Your team is pretty much a group of heavy hitters, Taylor being the only real non-combatant of your team. The four of you should be able to eliminate the jaffa and free their prisoners. The other good news is that we were told the captives are none too happy with the way they are being treated and might just rise up at the first sign of a crack in the jaffa ranks. I won't say this missions will be a cake walk, as it will definitely be dangerous, but I don't believe it will present you with any great challenge Major. I will be sending a squad of marines and some heavy firepower to secure the gate and your rear should the jaffa attempt to break out and flee."

Looking to the assembled team, "Any questions?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan shakes his head. "No sir, sounds simple enough to me."

He looks over to the other members of the team and nods. "Anyone have any questions?"

It sounded easy to him, four of them to take down fifteen Jaffa who wouldn't be expecting another attack. With Marines backing them up he figured while the weaponry was an issue, he didn't expect the mission to be too bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It had been days since Lt. Dana Eckhart had been able to take a breather. Out of the blue Anubis had attacked the Earth with a massive fleet and at the helm of a warship of awesome proportions and equally impressive firepower. The Earth even with the ancients chair and a handful of 'specialists' had not be able to defend against such overwhelming odds and had fallen. She had been among the last group to get offworld to the Alpha site before the gate shut down. Even that had only been managed through some serious tech tweaking mojo that Carter had done to prevent their gate from being locked open by Anubis. They all had expected to die and the Alpha Site was supposed to have been a blessed relief and a chance to lick their wounds and plan revenge, but as soon as they were through the gate it too had been bombarded from orbit for the next two days before they sent down jaffa in death gliders and Al'kesh to round up the survivors.

By the time it was over Dana was the last of the 'specialists' alive and one of the only survivors not in captivity. It took two more days of constant wariness and dodging the jaffa hunting teams out looking for them before she managed to get within the perimeter and close to the stargate again. The only address she knew by heart other than the alpha site and Earth was the one she had been scheduled to go to on her next mission. General Landry had wanted a second look at the world where Hathor had taken SG1 that time, so that's where she would go. Just before dawn at the hour when guards were at their least vigilant she made her careful way to the gate as stealthy as only she was capable of being and dialed out the address for PZ4-326. Once there she found it camped by rogue Jaffa and their slaves. She thought about doing something about it but there were too many for one person to be sure of, even with her gifts. After ghosting through the base for what seemed like hours she did find one very important thing that had either been over looked by SG1 or had been brought here since. She had seen the Quantum Mirror when it had been in the SGC, she'd stood guard over it and knew what it did and how. Shifting through optional realities in very minute adjustments she found one that looked unoccupied and stepped through.

As it turned out the base wasn't abandoned like she hoped, but at least it had far fewer jaffa than her own reality. In this version of reality, perhaps one person with her skills might just be able to take them out...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Are there any fortifications or guard posts that we need to be aware of, Sir?" Omar was looking forward to getting some more excercise. "And do we know where the slaves are in relation to the Jaffa?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Silently Dana reached down to her hip and drew out her canteen. Only a few sips left but it wouldn't do her any good to fight while dehydrated. Replacing the flask, she checked her ammo. Only 1 more clip for the Baretta...by her count only 3 rounds left in the current mag, including the one in the chamber.

She had ditched her P-90 when it ran out but had made her shots count, picking off the enemy one by one as she harried behind the company of Jaffa that had decimated her squad. As far as she knew, she was it, all that remained of the SGC, and quite possibly even humanity...the last stand. She would go down fighting, to her last breath and make them pay for her life. For all the many lives that they had taken.

For Vinny...

Now she moved stealthily through the corridors of Hathor's base, surreal and disturbing in it's familiarity. Although the Jaffa were "rogue" they were still zealots and would kill her if she were captured.

Looks like I'm gonna have to do this old school...

She holstered her sidearm...too noisy for her purposes...and pulled out her blade. Well it was more of a short sword really. Silently, invisibly, she crept like a ghost through the corridors, seeking out the stragglers and pairs of Jaffa who needed to have their throats slit...

Click to reveal..
In case it wasn't obvious, Activate Invisibility and Catfooted, as well as Attunment. 22 QP remain.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The gate itself is in an open field about a mile from the base. The upper levels of the base are above ground and they resemble a Goa'uld mothership in layout and style. The underground levels look like a mirror image of the SGC. Most of what was above ground was destroyed but apparently some of the ground level was was saved from the fire that consumed the upper floors. Let me caution you however, that while it may appear a mirror image, it was not a perfect copy. Areas that Hathor did not have knowledge of were left blank. In other words you might open a door only to be faced with the stone from which the facility was carved out. Don't count on things being what they appear."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SG23 went through the regular motions of deciding on a 9 digit IDC code and having everyone memorize it in the locker room before then heading down to check out their weapons from the armory. In all it only took an hour from the briefing to the gate room. "God speed gentlemen, come home safe." The general's voice echoed from the speakers in the room just before the gate began dialing.

The marines were the first through the gate followed closely by SG23. They quickly established their beachhead placing steal armor plates around the DHD and taking position behind them. The jaffa at the base would have to have heavier weapons, or far greater numbers than reported to breach the defenses the marines established. After the beachead was firmly establish with the assistance of the team of specialists, he saluted Major Hawke. "We'll guard the door sir, call us if you have any trouble."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan returned the salute. "Hopefully you guys get to sit back to easy duty." He smiles as he turns away and begins leading his team back to the base. He knows where the sensors would generally be set, and what to look for. As such he tells each memember of the team to keep their eyes open and alert. Walking into an Ambush wasn't what he felt like doing. Too that end he hooked around from the trail to come from the South as opposed to the West. If they were expecting another team then they'd have the shortes route ready, and possibly the other routes, but the shortest would be the worst.

"Stay close. Everyone stay alert."

Click to reveal..
PEr+Awareness check for traps and sensors

(21:39:42) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 8d10 and gets 1,5,3,5,9,8,9,1. (3 successes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Waitaminute Dana. Don't be so rash. None of this pain or anguish will mean a damn thing if it gets you killed. Calm down and recon your environment.

Without so much as disturbing a grain of dust, Dana melted past several Jaffa who were none the wiser of her presence. Finally she found an out of the way corner to tuck herself into. She sat down, crossed her legs into a tight lotus where they would be out of harm's way and closed her eyes. The veil would protect her body while her spirit ventured forth.

A moment later the world grew alive and luminous and she marveled again at the composition of her spirit-body. Noone without spirit sight would be able to detect her of course, but if they could they would see her body as she did...liquid light of a vaguely humanoid figure.

As she trailed away she glanced down at her invisible body below her, eyes closed in concentration...it was a dreamlike feeling to be out of one's body. As she floated through the mists of the astral a glowing and ethereal tether spooled behind her illuminating her route through the shadowland.

Calmly she focused on her immeduate task: To map the base and get a concrete idea of her opposition on this new and no doubt very different place. Here the infinite probabilities of each moment leading up to now were no longer set in stone and defined by memory. Still, Dana had been briefed on the theory of quantum realities so if this base existed then so did the SGC and so at the least the broad strokes were in place...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omar was itching to get his 'groove' on, even if it meant getting bloody and exhausted. After the last mission, where they were almost ambushed, he was keen to his surroundings.

Click to reveal.. ( perception+awareness)
(22:41:00) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 5d10 and gets 7,10,5,10,9 [4 sux]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simms did his own check of the as the team moved out. He wasn't keen on the new captain that had joined the team. They had no time to learn each others quirks so if things got dicey he could only hope things would work out.

(ooc: on my cell Fox could you make my awareness roll for me)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dana quickly realized it would take quite a bit of time to search the entire base for Jaffa, however, the levels below ground where she was were almost entirely non-combatants. Judging by their condition they looked to be slaves. It was the level of the base that was above ground that seemed to have the most Jaffa. She counted 8 total. She'd only found two Jaffa in the levels below ground, but given the size of the place she could take out those two first and move on to the ones above, but that risked leaving possible Jaffa behind down below with the slaves. They might be inclined to murder the slaves which would be unfortunate. Or she could take the hour or more that it would take to search the entire facility to make sure she knew where they all were. It was a tough call.

______

SG23 set out from the stargate and made a quick circuit around the perimeter of the base through the forest. The idea was to come at the Jaffa from an unexpected angle. It had been two weeks since they had lost their Jaffa to the previous SG team so hopefully they would have relaxed their guard a bit by now. Seeing the trail coming up through the trees Maj. Hawke signaled a halt to decide how to proceed. The trail surrounding the base seemed to have sensors every so often according to Lawrence's report. Luckily even though he wasn't here Lawrence had provided the team with a solution. Taylor held up a small PDA looking device and pressed a button. "That should disable the sensors in this area without giving an alert sir. We should have between 10 and 30 minutes before the alarm sounds." The team moved forward with confidence that their presence was undetected. It took another ten minutes of hiking through the forest before they came to the clearing around the base. Off to the left a pair of guards stood before a blasted set of doors that looked to be barely on their hinges; evidence of the last time this base was stormed. They didn't look terribly alert leaning up against the building comfortably as they were.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Major, Sir?" Omar spoke quietly so as not to alert the Jaffa at the entrance. "I can take out one and probably both guards before they can raise an alarm." Omar was practically licking his chops to get back into a brawl. "I'll have to rush them at high speed, but I should be able to cover the ground quickly."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"It'll be a minute first. I need to adjust my angle, so as not to impact the building. Omar moves away, trying to keep himself under cover and out of line of site of the Jaffa.

Click to reveal.. ( Stealth)
(09:23:38) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 6d10 and gets 5,2,1,7,3,5 [1 sux]

He stops when he is perpendicular to the Jaffa and pushes some quantum through his node, accelerating the cells in his body.

Click to reveal.. ( Hyperrunning)
(09:53:01) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 6d10 and gets 5,6,9,5,1,3 [2 sux]

"I'm going", Omar voices through the headset, as he takes off towards the one on the left, lowering his shoulder as he gets closer. With luck, Omar and the first Jaffa will collide into the second one.

Click to reveal.. ( hyperspeed slam at multiple opponents)
- Opponent 1:(09:57:32) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 @ +1 diff and gets 3,7,6,10,8,8,9,9. [5 sux]

+4 damage carryover: (09:59:58) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 13d10 and gets 10,5,7,7,4,10,4,9,5,3,6,7,9. [7 sux]

Rerolling 10's for 'Huge' quality: (10:01:46) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 2d10 and gets 9,9. [2 sux+ 7 suk +[5 sux] =14 bashing]

-Opponent 2: (10:08:28) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 @ +2 diff and gets 4,2,4,7,7,6,6,6. [no sux]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first Jaffa was yawning when Omar started his run and so didn't even have time to flinch or cry out before he was hit by the runaway freight train in human form. He went flying through the air and landed like a rag doll thrown by an angry child. He was out and not getting up anytime soon. Unfortunately the collision with the first man put Omar at a slightly bad angle and he missed the second one altogether.

((OOC: Please give me init rolls, thanks.))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Initiative: 18

Omar turns, after sending the first one flying, and goes after the second; seeking to grab him and squeeze him into unconsciousness.

Click to reveal.. ( Initiative)
(10:57:13) ChatBot: (Omar) rolls 1d10 and gets 9.

QP's: 20/22

WP: 6/6

Uninjured

Active powers: Hyperspeed (T=1)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan waits hoping Omar can take them both down, In not he was ready to take his shot.

(OOC If Omar fails to take him down, Ryan will fire.)

Click to reveal..
Init Roll (20:44:11) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 5. +11= (((Init 16)))

Dex+ Firearms check (if needed)

(20:47:52) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 10d10 and gets 8,3,1,10,9,9,4,9,10,4.

Mega (20:47:57) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 8.

reroll 10's (20:50:46) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 2d10 and gets 7,5.

total of 9 successes.

Damage (21:05:03) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 12d10 and gets 6,5,6,5,7,7,5,9,9,4,6,6. 4L

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omar sticks his meaty arms out and pulls the man into him. His arms cinch around the him like giant pythons, squeezing the breath from him.

Click to reveal.. ( Clinch)
(22:17:58) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 3,1,10,2,3,1,9,10. [3 sux]

+2 die carryover: (22:19:27) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 10,1,8,7,3,5,10,10. [5+5= 10 bashing]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote:
Dana quickly realized it would take quite a bit of time to search the entire base for Jaffa, however, the levels below ground where she was were almost entirely non-combatants. Judging by their condition they looked to be slaves. It was the level of the base that was above ground that seemed to have the most Jaffa. She counted 8 total. She'd only found two Jaffa in the levels below ground, but given the size of the place she could take out those two first and move on to the ones above, but that risked leaving possible Jaffa behind down below with the slaves. They might be inclined to murder the slaves which would be unfortunate. Or she could take the hour or more that it would take to search the entire facility to make sure she knew where they all were. It was a tough call.


Well...not so tough. Air Force Recon had taught her to be patient and meticulous, and she risked nothing tucked away in her small alcove. Ever since RL1137 and her encounter with the Ancient's tech she had seen her calm deepened a bit along with the rest of her abilities. She was the perfect scout, silent, incorporeal and she took her time exploring Hathor's facsimile. She would not act blindly, out of her rage. She would find them all, and then one-by one, enact her last revenge with icy detachment. Already she could feel the embers of her heart succumbing to the cold numbness, but it would not sway her focus.

For Vinny...for everyone.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simms waited on the two officers before he acted, by the time he was ready the jaffa guards were taken out with sudden quickness. However, the major's shot most likey would bring more guards. He made his way to enterance to provide cover for the team to enter the building.

Click to reveal..

Init 10

6dice for any perception/awareness rolls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Alright move out. Get inside and nobody goes alone. Find the prisoners and take down any Jaffa you find. Let's move out."

Under Simms' alert Gaze, Ryan leads the team inside and to the area where the captives were being kept.

He took the lead, mainly for the purpose of blocking shots that would take out the others. He kept his own eyes open for traps or enemy Jaffa lying in wait for an ambush.

Click to reveal..
All (rolls if needed)

Init (08:16:26) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 10. (21)

Per+awa (08:18:06) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 8d10 and gets 10,5,8,3,7,1,6,4.

observant quality reroll (08:18:16) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 7.

(3/4) successes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dana was fully prepared to be meticulous in her search, after observing the lower levels and noting the position of the guards she sent her astral self above to the ground level and found the bulk of the Jaffa in a large barracks room sitting around a table and playing some kind of gambling game. Moving out from there she found the entrance to the facility just in time to watch the guards being dispatched by members of the SGC!!! Time to act or she would still be snooping the base when they found her abandoned body.

____

Above SG23 gathered at the entrance and cautiously proceeded inside. Major Ryan could hear the raucous noise of a number of jaffa ahead coming from a door on the right hand side of the hall. By the sound of it most of the jaffa in the base must be present.

((Stealth rolls to sneak up to the door please.))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In less than a heartbeat Dana flashed back to her body, unerringly returning along the silver cord.

Standing up with new resolve and hope, she stealthed her way through the base, tracking along the route she had just scouted and retracing her steps in physical form. Two Jaffa were standing guard just around the next corner...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

((Hawke and Omar both succeed in sneaking up to the doorway. You have a free action before round 1 begins.))

((Dana, Please go ahead and make your damage roll for your ambush attack. Only 5 successes carry over from the attack to become damage dice. After the damage is resolved then please let me know what you want to do at the top of round 1. I know you already rolled it in your PM, but I'd like the first attack resolved first, since that could effect what you might do next. Please put your rolls in your post since that much easier for me than having to jump back and forth to a PM. Thanks.))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omar looks across at the Major and motions inside. His hand signals point both at Hawke and himself: they signal a breech and an assault on the unsuspecting Jaffa in the room.

Omar waits for Major Hawke's order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Click to reveal..
(T=4); Paying maintenance cost on hyperspeed
QP: 18/22

Omar rushes into the room and charges at the nearest group of Jaffa with his arms outspread. He hopes to clothes-line a few before they are even aware of him.

Click to reveal.. ( hyperspeed strike on two opponents)

-Attack 1 @ +1 diff: (20:41:53) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 2,7,3,4,10,1,4,7. [2 sux](didn't add ambush die to roll)
-Damage: +1 carryover- (20:45:26) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 8,4,2,2,6,10,3,8. [3+5= 8 bashing]

-Attack 2 @ +2 diff: (20:47:24) ChatBot: (Omar_Khudikias) rolls 8d10 and gets 5,4,9,6,3,4,1,1 [attack failed] (did not add ambush die to roll)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omar charged through the door at hyperspeed and slammed into table where most of the jaffa were sitting splintering the table and sending shards of it through the room. The jaffa on the opposite side of the table found himself battered by the table and trampled by Omar both. His head bounced off the floor with a sickening ripe melon sound as he hit the floor and he didn't move.

((Attack rolls for Hawke and Simms please in the ambush round.))

Down below ground level in part of the old Stargate replica Dana snuck up on a pair of jaffa. Between invisibility and her quiet steps her victims had no idea she was coming. Stepping up behind the first one she used her knife to gut him ripping a nasty hole in him as her blade made it's way to his heart. Before the other man was even aware something was wrong his companion was collapsing to the floor stone dead.

((Ambush is only a single attack you can't split actions on an ambush. Please state your actions for round one and roll them since you go before the jaffa on your init. Thanks.))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blade in hand Dana thrust it up and under the first guard's ribcage before swinging silently at the second. To him, a shower of gore exploded in his face and a gust of wind marked the closing of an invisible scythe.

Click to reveal..
The Ambush is a free attack plus the first one at the start of the round.

Ambush=

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2045790/

Damage roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2057429/

6 success.

Round 1 First Attack:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2045790/

2 successes

Let me know the resolution of that one and I will roll Damage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dana:

The second jaffa startled by the sudden flying gore splashing in his face jerked away from his companion which may well have saved his life as Dana's second next attack came slashing toward him. Instead of a solid hit the knife barely made contact...

((You have a hit but no extra successes, roll your damage.))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan fires at one of the unhurt Jaffa, wanting to take down as many as possible quickly.

Click to reveal..
Rolling for shot

(15:22:51) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 10d10 and gets 7,3,1,10,4,9,10,2,5,4.

(15:22:57) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 1d10 and gets 10.

(7 successes)

Damage (19:13:12) ChatBot: (Ryan_Hawke) rolls 12d10 and gets 1,8,9,10,5,4,10,4,3,2,8,4. (5 Damage Lethal)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...