Aberrant: Stargate Universe - A Night of Kiki Nass [Fin]

Forge

Gwyn quckly rearranged the seats of the SUV as Caine headed off to Olivia's car then after checking that he was unobserved (including any cameras in the car park) he lifted his Kawasaki Ninja into the car. After quickly fitting the seats more tightly around the bike so that it wouldn't fall he headed off back to base, looking out for Olivia's car to follow/catch up with.

Click to reveal..

Awareness to make sure unobserved etc.

7dice

(12:24:46) ChatBot: (HG_Jones) rolls 7d10 and gets 9,2,2,7,9,8,6.

4 sux

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a couple of minutes driving Gwyn thinks to try calling Olivia's mobile phone.

I don't think she had a chance to grab her bag, if she had one, but she might have been smart enough to figure out how to make/recieve calls with her radio hearing power.

"Come on doc, pick up ..."

Major Caine heard a phone ringing, and after a little hassle recovered it from the bag under the drivers seat of Olivia's car, which he was driving...

[Caine] Caine here. Olivia? *some frustration in his voice*

[Gwyn] No sir, Gwyn. Thought it might have been worth a try to check on her.

[Olivia] *crackle*

[Olivia] Hello?

[Gwyn] Doc?

[Caine] No, she left her ... hello?

[Olivia] Gwyn! Oh, cool. And Major Caine.

[Caine] Were are you. I'll pick you up.

[Olivia] Sorry I didn't call earlier. As Caine was about to say, I left my phone in the car.

[Caine] *hesitation*

[Caine] How are you on this line?

[Gwyn] Yeah, but I guessed you might be able to pick up anyway.

[Olivia] I told you I could hear transmissions.

[Olivia] Turns out I can transmit, too.

[Olivia] Surprise!

[Olivia] *laughs*(

[Caine] Great. Are you okay? *worried*

[Olivia] Fine. I'm at Lt. Wright's place.

[Gwyn] Major you've already got two, and Dec needs kyria to sort him out asap, I can get the Doc.

[Caine] *cursing off the phone and some squealing of tires.*

[Olivia] Dec? What's wrong with Dec?

[Caine] No. I'll get her. She's at ... Wrights.

[Olivia] Hello? Dec?

[Olivia] As in, what's wrong with him?

[Gwyn] Looks like Kyria suspressed or wiped his memory of the fight and he thought he started it.

[Caine] Dec is in no shape for the phone right now.

[Olivia] No, ok. So I guess I should tell Vinny you're on the way?

[Caine] Olivia, did you see who started the fight?

[Gwyn] If you mean that arsehole Vinny then I'll meet you there.

[Caine] What is his address.

[Caine] No Jones, this will be handled at base.

[Olivia] *silence* No. I heard glass break, hid behind Declan, and then someone... *fades off*

[Olivia] Whoa! Chill.

[Olivia] I'm fine.

[Olivia] I'm here.<insert address>

[Gwyn] Vinny started it

[Caine] Jones, that needs to be verified.

[Olivia] Oh. I can see that.

[Gwyn] Then grabbed you when I'm not convinced there was any need.

[Olivia] Look, I'm leaving the Lt staring at me while I do this.... can you just come get me or not? He said he'd give

me a ride back.

[Caine] I will come and get you. His trust factor isn't high. You may tell him that I am on my way, if you like.

[Olivia] So you don't need to swing in.

[Olivia] Ok.

[Olivia] Will do. Later.

[Olivia] *crackle*

[Gwyn] Major I saw it, and I'm pretty sure Dec would have done as well.

[Caine] We will have Kyria confirm it. That should be good enough for the General.

[Gwyn] Ok, sounds like I'll see you all back at base.

[Caine] Keep it tight Jones. This will be handled through channels.

[Gwyn] Yah

[Caine] I'm on the way to get her. Caine out.

He sat dumbly in the back of the car as it drove, barely aware of people talking. Caine... Caine was talking to Jones and Livy on the phone. It didn't really make sense to him on a conscious level. In the back of his mind he dimly heard the Other laughing, a cold, cracked sound that resonated with his despair.

The Other. That was a good name for him... it. The imposter Declan Perault. The monster who looked out on the world through his eyes. It was like some weird twisted black-hearted symbiote that wouldn't let him die, but didn't care how he lived as long as he did. He warmed to the idea. Yeah. That wasn't him back there, like Kyria said. It was IT. It started the fight, not him. Not Dec. The Other. He felt amusement at the thought and decided that it wasn't his amusement, but the Other's.

You're fuckin' pathetic. You think the side of you that's good at killing and surviving came from some weird rock? It was already THERE, asshole. You just snapped and forgot. We were a natural soldier. It was like a fish finding water for the first time when we joined up. The only reason you went to pieces is because people we cared about got hurt and killed. You liked the rest of it. Well, we saved our friends back there.

Shut the fuck up. I didn't do that back there. You did. You did it all. If you hurt Olivia I'll fucking end us BOTH you asshole.

There you go again. Listen to me. It's ME, not you and me. I am you, and you are me. We kept us alive in Helmand. When everyone else died, we lived. We did all the right things and stayed alive. The alien rock just made us better at it.

"No." he mumbled the word involuntarily, but was otherwise silent as he stared unseeing out of the window. No. I can't accept that. You would kill anyone. You enjoyed going after Livy in the exercise. You're some implanted piece of mind shit. The other voice was silent, but Dec felt some unease at his thoughts, as though he didn't agree with what he was thinking. No. That must be the Other working on him. Yeah...

He was still brooding when he dimly registered the car stopping. "Stay with Dec, he's too quiet." - Caine's murmured voice as the door opened and shut. Too quiet. Yeah. Probably best that way.

Archived