World of Darkness: Attrition - Grim Remnants, Painful Truths

Owns-The-Night

((continued from Beast's Laughter, Angel's Tears

Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss
Since there was only one Mustang out here, his gun-metal '67, it was an easy bet as to which was their ride. He hurried ahead and opened the door for her, pushing the seat aside so she could get into the back.

"Whose shotgun?" he asked the men all coming up, none of them small.

"I'll take it." Dec stepped to one side to let the other two climb in. He'd have preferred to ride in the back with Morgan, but realistically he was the largest of the three males, so riding shotgun made sense.

As the others piled in, with the usual fumbling and apologies of three people crammed into a relatively small space, Dec looked up at the sky. Luna's lamp was dark tonight, as though she had turned her face away from his previous lapse in duty, and the werewolf felt very far away from his Mother. He shook off the temporary melancholy and set his jaw, getting into the passenger seat.

"Okay. Let's go." he said quietly to Adrian.

The car came to life with a broiling roar and slid away from the curb like a predator, very apt for this mission. He asked which dorm and had to search through his mind to remember which was which. Adrian was thankful that he was used to hunting the frat parties around here and that had led him to guiding a few former victims back to their dorms. Now, if he could only get the right one.

"Oh yeah," he quietly mutters to himself, "Blaire ... we walked across ... here ... yeah."

Then Morgan began giving him directions - them being room mates and all ... sigh ... oh well, so much for an epic memory pull. Adrian drove quickly to the dorm and pulled into a handicapped spot. It was the only spot available.

"Well, we're here. I don't think getting in will be a problem. What do you want us to do if we see her? Let her pass? And what does she look like anyway? Will she be having a ... ummm ... clothing malfunction?"

Moss gazed out the windows as they drove along, one fixed on the image of the Shadow, trying to get a feeling for the area in both worlds and to see if any particular disturbance was visible in the Shadow following the Howl.

Click to reveal..

Two World Eyes

(16:36:39) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 5d10 and gets 10,8,8,2,7.

(16:51:05) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 1d10 and gets 3.

4sux

There were obvious signs of disturbance in both worlds, lights on in some houses and dorms, scattered glass in some areas and restless spirits moving around, the lesser seeking shelter from whatever had made the Howl.

On arrving at the dorm he waited for Dec to move so that he and Grayscale could get out from the back of the car and gave his opinion to Adrians quetions while he waited.

"Well if you don't know what she looks like you're hardly going to be stopping her are you? Anyway I wouldn't advise it, I think Dec needs to have a word with her first. As to the clothes, it's possible, and could be regardless of whether or not she was responsible for what has brought us here."

"Blonde hair, nice tits, and can run like a motherfucker. The being-able-to-leap-cars-while-looking-human is a hint, too, but I dunno if you'll get to see that." Declan grinned over his shoulder as he slipped out of the car. "And yeah: don't bother her. Just let us know she's comin' in." He looked at Morgan. "If you keep your phone on silent, Adrian can text you if she's comin'."

He cast his gaze around as Morgan and No-Moss clambered out to join him. "Let's go." he said quietly, and let Morgan lead the way to the dorm building.

For the duration of the brief ride over to Rieber Terrace, Morgan had stayed uncharacteristically quiet, simply nodding as the four men discussed possible tactics. It was difficult to imagine how such a naive, pure-hearted girl could be the monster they described, but Morgan had learned her lesson with Professor McArthur; appearances could be deceiving. So, it was with some surprise that she found herself sitting alone in the backseat of the now-silent Mustang, with four pairs of eyes waiting for her to join them.

"Sorry," she murmured, shutting the door behind her as she headed to the front door. The RA was just gathering his calculus notes off the desk as the four of them entered, and he glanced up before shoving them in his backpack. A momentary flicker of confusion passed over his pleasantly average features, and Morgan could almost see the thoughts churning behind his brown eyes.

Three guys?! ...Oh, man, his expression almost screamed. You've gotta be kidding me...

"Don't worry," Morgan grinned at him, swatting Graham's backside playfully. "They're not staying."

The young man blanched at that, glancing from one somber face to the next, and shook his head.

"All right, but you know the rules. No visitors sleeping overnight in the rooms without having it scheduled ahead of time."

"Trust me. No visitors will be doing anything remotely like sleeping in my room tonight," she replied with a saucy wink and a faint, secretive smile. "'Night, Mike."

There was a completely unnecessary and deliberate sway in the young mage's hips as she strode by, and with a quick click she scanned her student ID through the card reader.

At least my reputation precedes me, she thought wryly. It was a sure bet that rumors would be circulating (probably before they even left the building) about Morgan Westbrook having the audacity to bring three guys back to her room for an orgy. With a quick shake of her head, she shrugged it off.

"It's upstairs," she said as the door's automatic lock clicked behind them. "Do you guys want me to go in first?"

Graham blushed at the smack on the butt, but had no other visible reaction. He waited patiently as Morgan led them in and up the stairs.

He was quiet as he walked into the locked area of the dorm, and nodded when Morgan asked if she should go in first. His silent facade never breaking, but his mind was racing. I wonder what'll happen if she's there, and she's wolfed out... oh, well, I guess I can always confine her, or at least trip her as I run. He unconciously taps on the walls, seeing from the sound how solid, and well-constructed they are.

Graham smiles mirthlessly as they arrive outside the room.

Declan blinked a bit at Morgan's sassy slap on Graham's ass and her deliberate misleading of the RA. Though the student seemed all-too ready to believe the outrageous lie. A little too ready to the Rahu's eyes. The wide-eyed young man's eyes got wider still as Declan passed him, stone-faced.

Oh man! Crazy Perault too?

As the lock clicked shut behind them and Morgan asked her question, Declan shook his head. "When we get there, I'll see if she's home." He said in a low tone, gently shouldering to the front of the group to walk alongside the Enchantress. "I doubt she'll be quietly sittin' there in Gauru form waitin' to pounce, but yeah. Best be sure."

As they arrived outside the distinctively painted door, Hell Kitty grinning at them from the woodwork, Declan stepped forward, looking to make sure they were unobserved before crouching down in front of the door. Shoulders swelled as he lowered, his already impressive frame widening and lengthening as the groundskeeper shifted to Dalu form, already-shaggy hair becoming a thick mane. He quickly lowered his head to the gap between the door and floor and sniffed once, then again, before straightening up, the bestial cast leaving his features as he shrank down inside the stretched sweater.

Click to reveal.. (snuffle-snuffle)

(16:08:25) (Dec): Wits & Primal Urge roll to see if another werewolf is nearby:

(16:08:37) (Dec): 5 dice, + 1 for Dalu.

(16:08:41) ChatBot: (Dec) rolls 6d10 and gets 1,5,7,2,8,6.

(16:08:46) (Dec): 1 succ

(16:09:39) (Dec): Perception roll to determine/identify other scents present

(16:09:44) (Dec): 8 Dice in Dalu

(16:09:55) ChatBot: (Dec) rolls 8d10 and gets 7,10,8,6,5,1,2,1.

(16:10:17) ChatBot: (Dec) rolls 1d10 and gets 9.

(16:10:22) (Dec): 3 succs

Well, since I'm alone in the car ...

First things first. He called Francesca back. Thankfully he got her voice mail.

"Francesca, something has come up and I won't be able to make it. I'll make it up to you, I swear. I need to go now, but I'll be in touch," and he hung up with a sigh of releif.

Adrian got out and sat against the side. Looking to make sure no one was aroun. Next he smoothly pulled out his phone and texted - but didn't send - a message for Morgan. It was a precaution and one he could delete if nothing came of his watch outside. Ony then did he drape the shadows around him for his own protection.

Click to reveal..

Cloak of Shadows:

(14:22:44) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 5d10 and gets 9,7,1,8,3 = 2 successes

Now that the world had dimmed ever so slightly, the phone took on a special light - a beacon in the grim, gray surroundings. Everything looked washed out. His car looked older and more warn. There was this hint of decay around him now that he hadn't noticed before. At the same time, Adrian couldn't help but take comfort in the Shadows the had enveloped him. The spoke to him of a safety that had only been penetrated once before. He tried not to think of that. Shadows wouldn't do him much good if the possibly deranged female werewolf could see him with some sort of Spirity Sight. That thought sent a shiver down his back. He had seen who large and powerful a werewolf in its Garou form could be and had no desire to see it up close.

Now came the lone, familiar watching part of the mission. It was not something he relished, but something he knew was necessary. Better to have him out here wasting his time than have her sneak up to her room and find them there,amongst all the humans trying to sleep.

Click to reveal..

Awareness roll: (14:33:04) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 9d10 and gets 4,6,8,5,9,9,10,6,8. (Adrian) rolls 1d10 and gets 1 = 5 successes

Moss had kept his face away from the guard as they entered the building so that he wouldn't see his black, star filled left eye that still looked out upon the Shadow. Letting Dec through as they moved up the corridors to the correct room he maintained his scan of the Shadow, watching for the presence and reaction of the usual domestic type spirits of litter, washing, and in a college dorm, knowledge.

Being effecively little more than a cub himself, having only undergone his First Change about 7 months ago, he watched with interest as Dec investigated by the door for signs of this Swara they were looking for. In the process he noted that Dec's choice of clothing was to allow for the expansion and ease of removal for shifting rather than having Dedicated clothes as he did, and as he had recently done for Amber. He made a mental note of this as a possible payment for some instruction from the other Uratha while he peered about for the local spirit life

Click to reveal.. (Declan)
The gruff warrior's mind reeled as his nostrils was assaulted with the various scents of twenty-somethings in the middle of all sorts of various activities. Sex, food, drugs, everything hovered about him in an unseen hazy cloud of information.

He did detect one Uratha. A pup, not very far away, with funny looking eyes.

Click to reveal.. (No-Moss)
The Shadow lingered on the edge of his vision. Here the college seemed to have a strong hold and powerful spiritual presence. Years and years of educating young minds had given the school a healthy foundation for spirits of all sorts to flourish.

Yet, here there were none. No-Moss, being only 7 months old with out any formal training never assumed anything was the matter until they approached the door.

It wavered and bulged, like it was breathing. His lazy spirit eye perceived a spiritual entity that could only be described as: wrong. Slimy dark black tentacles squeezed their out from door jamb on all four sides of the closed doors while the door itself seemed elastic as vaguely human faces and bodies pressed themselves against it, desperately trying to escape.

Though they were on a mission of mercy, Owns-The-Night couldn't help but feel a thrill at the prospect of danger and battle. The fury of the Rahlunim Choir sang in his veins, heightened by the very real peril of what they might face. He recognised the battle lust in himself and held it in check, banking the fires of his Rage until the time came for it's release. Such was the responsibility of a Rahu: to take the ferocity of his birthright and keep it's use pure from the taint of vainglory, fear and greed.

He held up a cautionary hand to the others, then gestured for Morgan to open the door. As soon as the lock clicked, he gently moved the slim figure of the Enchantress aside with a hand on her shoulder and moved into the room on the balls of his feet, ready for anything.

Only to be pulled back by Moss, who is also pushing the others away from the door.

"You DO NOT want to go in there mate, take my word for it. Take a gander at the Shadow here, it's as manky and downright Cthulhoid as anywhere I saw back in the UK. Something big and nasty and not your mixed up pup has got massive influence here."

Turning to Morgan, "I don't know if you can see the same spirit plane the I do but this door does not look right by any means it looks like slimy dark black tentacles have squeezed their way out from door jamb on all four sides of the closed doors while the door itself seems almost elastic as vaguely human faces and bodies press themselves against it, desperately trying to escape."

Addressing them all, "So you might want to think twice and see about preparations before you just waltz in there."

Declan successfully repressed the urge to snarl at being manhandled, though his top lip was actually curling back before what No-Moss said percolated through. Shooting the Ithaeur a warning Look, Declan kept his voice low... and calm.

"Bad or not, we need to go in there. So like the man said, make your preparations now, folks." The initial outrage at being pushed around having worn off, Declan nodded to No-Moss in thanks, smiling wryly. "Be a little quicker next time, huh?"

"Yeah, well I was trying to figure out just how powerful the spirit responsible had to be when you guys went ahead and opened up. Next time you ask someone to do a spirit overwatch for you it might be worth getting the all clear before proceeding. And I'll try to be quicker in telling you as well. Iwouldn't be surprised if your pup has fallen under somethings influence so I don't think you can trust either what she says or how she will react."

"As for preparations, how do you want to handle this?"

"When everyone's ready, we go in. I lead, you keep watch for somethin' nasty. We don't engage unless we're not given a choice."

He looked at Morgan and Graham as they readied themselves, and waited for them both to nod before opening the door again.

"Would you please stop calling her a 'pup'?" Morgan snapped as she grasped the door knob, her hand (to the Brit's enhanced vision) wreathed in a seething morass of black that coiled in serpentine fashion about her wrist. "Unless 'bitch,' 'hound,' 'mutt,' and 'mongrel' are also acceptable, in which case, you can take your pick of what I'll call you. She's not a dog, she's a person."

Almost as soon as the words left her lips, she sighed, shaking her head.

Chill, Morgan. No need to be all pre-menstrual with the guy. Especially if he's seeing shit you can't.

"Sorry, sorry," she murmured. "Just try to remember we're not all..." There was a moment's hesitation as she tried to mentally duplicate the strange word she'd heard Declan use. "...Fuzzy," she finally added.

"Anyway..."

Deep breath. If she's in there, at least you've got backup.

Nodding, she crossed her wrists in front of her chest, palms facing outward, with her ring fingers curling down to her palms. For a brief moment, there was a shimmer of something other in her eyes as she gently re-arranged the tapestry of Fate about herself, altering and adjusting probability in her favor.

Just in case.

Click to reveal.. (Fortune's Protection)

07:58:52) ChatBot: (Vivi) rolls 8d10 and gets 6,7,10,4,5,2,1,2.

(07:58:59) ChatBot: (Vivi) rolls 1d10 and gets 6.

(07:59:06) (Vivi): Meh. It's enough, at least.

1 success. Armor 4 (Fate)

"I'm ready when you guys are," she said quietly, sounding anything but. With an internal shudder, only narrowly repressed, Morgan forced her thoughts from the possibilities implied by Declan's earlier assessment of the situation. Thinking about what, precisely, Swara might have eaten, was a gut-emptying thought for another time.

"Hey, no offence intended to her, as far as Dec's concerned I'm only a pup as well [grins]. After all with you mages wouldn't you call someone new to their power a novice, or neophyte, or apprentice or something? Anyway, I just want to try something before you go charging in there." So saying he pulls on the leather thong around his neck until a rough ring of wood threaded on the thong appears from inside his jacket. Unthreading it he, reluctantly considering what he sees of the doors surface, places it on the door and appears to look into it.

Click to reveal..

Using one of his fetishes, a Knothole p 206 which allows him to see through up to 1 ft of material, but only for about 6 seconds and can't see through the Gauntlet.

Click to reveal.. (Knothole)
The painted surface of the door vanished within the tiny, circular area afforded by the small wooden ring, allowing No-Moss an unobstructed view of the space within.

The half of the room nearest the door was a jumble of clothes, shoes, books, and various odds and ends. A wooden trunk sat at the foot of a dark bed, and a simple desk was littered with CDs, yet more books, and tiny scraps of satin and lace that should never have seen the light of day. The colors were predominantly dark, but rich: scarlet, wine, sapphire, violet, and hints of slick, glossy black.

Beyond a folding screen that partially divided the room, the decor was brighter, neater, and altogether more feminine. What little could be seen of the bed was pale, almost pastel, and a white eyelet ruffle concealed any shy dustbunnies underneath from prying eyes. There were clothes scattered about here, as well, though the clutter hadn't yet overtaken this side of the dorm.

A thin beam of light from a door left ajar provided the only illumination, and neither side seemed to have seen much use recently.

"Ok, I can't check the Shadow using this, but there is some light coming from a doorway left ajar and it looks like neither half of the room has been used much recently."

Straightening up Moss quickly rethreads the knothole its thong and replaces it around his neck and inside his jacket, murmuring a thank you to the fetish spirit in First Tongue as he does so.

"So Morgan, I guess Swara is the pastel person? Dec, after you, but I don't think she's there unless she is in the side room."

Quote:
Dec, after you, but I don't think she's there unless she is in the side room.

((The PCs have spent so much time opening the door, closing the door, discussing things, and carrying on, that any chance for surprise or getting the drop on the enemy, if there is one, has expired.))

"Finally." Declan muttered as he pushed the door open and moved into the room. He looked around and grinned as he saw the mess around Morgan's bedspace. "Jeez." he said in a low tone, then looked at Morgan mischievously. "No wonder there's a dark presence in here. All clear, though."

He moved smoothly back to the door after the others entered and remained there, keeping watch as Morgan did her thing.

Moss enters after Dec, still observing the Shadow as well as the 'real' world despite how distasteful he expects it to be in here.

"Did you check the side room that the lights coming from Dec?"

Click to reveal..

Int+Occult (Spirits) to try to guess what sort of spirit might be responsible for what he saw around the door and whatever he sees in here in the Shadow.

01:32:44) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 4,4,6,10.

1 sux

Somewhat apprehensively, Morgan stepped into the dimly-lit room, maneuvering with surprising ease around the clutter she'd accumulated.

"Swara?" she called out tentatively, but, receiving no response, sighed softly with relief.

"That's the bathroom," she stated simply, jerking her head in the direction of the half-open door. "Unless you want to share the shower, though, there's really only room for two." Glancing at Declan's immense frame, she managed a shaky smile. "All right, one," the girl amended.

She moved with purpose around to the other side of the screen, kneeling down on the floor beside Swara-Ann's bed.

Okay. I know they're here somewhere.

A muffled grunt escaped her throat, as, leaning over and resting her cheek against the side of the matress, she blindly swiped her arm beneath the dust ruffle. Deft fingers skimmed the shape of a few hardcover books, some sort of small stuffed animal, what felt like a discarded sock, and...

"Aha," she murmured, dragging her prize out into the open: a pair of well-worn running shoes. "Let's get these back to Hunt, and get the hell out of here before she comes home and finds us going through her underwear drawer."

Click to reveal.. (In the Shadow)
The dark twin of the shared dorm room bore very little resemblance to its real-world counterpart. If anything, it would not have looked entirely out of place in a surreal Clive Barker film.

It was cold within; bitterly so, with the distant sound of a howling wind ringing in No-Moss's ears.

The walls, floor, and ceiling were completely shrouded in a thick, viscous substance that had the consistency and texture of cooling tar, but instead of merely dripping down the walls and pooling about their feet, it oozed- and not as it should have. Thick ribbons of the black sludge streamed upward, splattering overhead into tiny globules that sailed across the room without regard for gravity, painting the room's contents in uneven layers of oily-looking slime. The entire morass was constantly in motion, and now and then something like a face contorted in agony, or the vague shape of an outstretched hand, seemed to struggle fruitlessly against the surface. It was impossible to focus on them, however, as wisps of dim, heatless bluish flame rippled periodically throughout the room and lent their surroundings some minor illumination.

Much of the furniture had simply disintegrated or decayed, leaving broken bits of wood or rusting metal frames protruding dangerously from the debris all around them, but a few pieces still remained relatively intact. A blackened floor lamp stood upright in the corner, and beneath the muck and mire, the rectangular shapes of two beds and a single desk were just visible.

"Oh, yeah, Hell is the operative word here. Dec before we go I think you should take the time to look across into the Shadow as well. I'm not sure, but from what I've heard this place looks like what I'd imagine a Wound in the Shadow to be like. Once we manage to deal with Swara and what may be behind her, we'll have to come back in Shadow to deal with this."

He turns to Morgan as they both move towards the door, "If i were you I'd grab some things and stay somewhere else for a while. I'm not sure what staying here with the resonance this must be causing could do to you. Although perhaps as a mage you'd be ok."

Graham stayed out in the hall, keeping a silent watch over the hall, just in case anyone wandered by. While he waited and listened, he caught the last bit about Morgan staying someplace else for a while, and smiled. He poked his head into the room, through the doorway, "Morgan, if you need someplace to crash, I got room at my place. It's not too big, but you could use the bed, and I'll take the couch. It's also unoccupied most of the day, so you can do whatever you need to with that as a base of operations. "

Declan made a 'spin it up' gesture and waved No Moss to follow Morgan out. "Let's go, man. Talky later."

As they emerged he looked at Graham expressionlessly, trying to measure the young man's intent. He really tried not to growl jealously as he offered a further option. "Or you could stay at mine. It's handy to the campus, and there's the whole top floor I don't use. Got a sofa-bed type thing up there that you can take. You can bring some stuff now if you want." He tried to sound reasonable, rather than territorial, adding with a smile. "It's probably one of the safer places around."

Moss stops in the corridor, "Yeah, talk later, but before we go anywhere Dec you HAVE to look at that shit!"

Jesus, this guy intends being an Alpha to Amber, Ariel, and perhaps Sarah, but won't follow the advice that he asked me to give him. Too busy thinking with his gonads about Morgan, which is understandable but stupid here and now.

Declan turned on No-Moss, his voice coming out in a growl. "No. I. Don't." Getting control of himself, he cut off the rumble in his chest. "You're the spirit seer, not me. If you say there's a Wound, there's a Wound. I trust you. We're burnin' fuckin' night time here, and talkin' more or less in the fuckin' open, and the Wound will still be there tomorrow. Capice?"

Trying not to curse in First Tongue, Dec turned back to the others. "Let's move. We still have a cemetary to check."

Click to reveal.. (Yeah, it really was a growl.)

Moss just does as his told and moves off at a brisk walk back to the car and gets in, his only comment to Adrian as he climbs into the back being, "She's not there, and now we're off to the cemetary."

Inside he's biting back his temper, something all too familiar to him over the years, but now given new emphasis by the greater consequences.

I get it shoved down my throat that I'm a pup, and yet when I try to get someone to double check something I'm not sure about I get growled out about it. Heh, isn't life grand as an Omega?

Oh, there were questions, but things had not gone well up there at all. Somehow he could sense the tensions in the group and his normal, instinctive desire to rally around Declan was suppressed by Declan's anger.

Click to reveal..

Empathy Check: (08:27:02) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 1d10 and gets 8 = 1 success! (not a chance die)

Instead, he just waited on the team to flow back into the car.

"So, its to the Cemetary?"

Adrian looked into the rear view mirror, saw the look on Declan's countance, and said only, "Cemetary it is."

The car rumbled to live and he gently guided the car out of the parking space and glided it out of the parking lot. The young vampire was keeping it nice and quiet this early in the morning.

Sitting in the car waiting for the others and as they pull away Moss looks out at the areas Shadow, trying to see if there are any indications of the corruption within the dorm building visible from the outside either directly or in the scarcity or types of spirit visible.

Click to reveal.. (No-Moss)
The quantity and type of spirits you see upon exiting are precisely the same as were present upon entering. There is no indication that whatever is present within that room has moved beyond... So far, at least. If there was anything of that nature visible from the exterior, you would have seen it in your earlier searches as you approached the dorm.

A quick check of her phone, as Adrian pulled away and she sat wedged in the back seat, revealed Lucien's text message.

"Cemetery," she murmured. "Yeah... Hunt says Oneca thinks that's a good place to start. Good guess." There was some measure of suspicion in her eyes as she glanced at Declan; how had he known? It wasn't like him to hold anything in, but, then... he'd been acting a little strange lately, and Morgan had a sudden sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach that she might know why.

Later. Priorities, Morgan, priorities. Your relationships, or lack thereof, are not an emergency right now. ...Okay, so that's not entirely true, but focus!

Her thumb moved quickly over the keypad of her cell phone, and moments later a sultry, feminine voice emanated from Lucien's pocket:

"Master Hunt," 'she' crooned. "Apparently somebody's got something to say to you."

Hey. We're on our way to the cemetery (goody!) and I've got something of Swara's for you to use for your connection. Hopefully we won't need it. Good luck on your end. -M.

"Not a guess." Declan said from in front of Morgan. "It's just the closest likely spot. We were headin' there anyway. An outta control werewolf isn't going to be too picky about coverin' tracks, so it stands to reason she'd find somewhere away from crowds but with the possibility of prey. That's just instinct for her."

He fell silent, looking out of the window. He hated no-moon nights, always felt like Luna was turning her face from him. It made him edgy, and the guilt of leaving Swara to become a man-eater was fast threatening to drive him nuts. Urfarah's Teeth, I nearly went off on No-Moss for fuck all reason. Plus I'm behavin' like a goddamn fruitcake over Morgan. I mean, fuck. Do I have to be an asshole because I care about her?

His thoughts were a mix of sadness, shame and anger when they pulled up at the graveyard. "Okay guys. Let's go. Adrian, we'll open the gates for you, just drive in with the lights off, kay?"

"Gotchya Boss," Adrian said with a growing calm. There was death here. He could feel it in his gut ... or was he really just willing this all to end? He didn't bother with those thoughts now. Get thoughtful around a crazed werewolf and he was likely to be a canidate for a DustBuster.

The lights went off as he turned into the gated entrance. He really didn't care how they got in, as long as it was quick. He waited to turn on his senses incase the break it was steel-screeching loud. Soon enough he would need his senses to locate the dead.

Still trying to get a sense for Shadow and spirit life of the city Moss maintained his split vision throughout the trip to the cemetary. Sitting behind Adrian he was the last out, but headed straight for the gates pulling a small Leatherman from an inside pocket as he did so.

Arriving at the gates he scans the area's Shadow before examining the padlock on the gate to see if he thinks it within his modest skill.

Click to reveal.. (Cemetery Lock)
It's a National Cemetery. Electronic lock system on the automatic gates. Opened during the day, closed electronically at night.

If you possess the Larceny skill, that include electronic locks as well.

It'll take 13 successes to open it. Every roll represents 1 turn of work (3 seconds).

Well I'm not the criminal mastermind that Adrian was looking for as a contact, but let's see what I can do with this thing.

"Ok, I'll have a go at this, but it could take me a while and I don't quarantee that I can do it. However, it will be less noticeable than if we have to force our way in."

With that he starts to work on the electronic lock on the gate.

Click to reveal..

Dex+ Larceny = 4 dice

(10:22:07) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 9,10,6,4. 2sux

(20:49:50) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 1d10 and gets 2.

(10:22:21) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 3,10,2,7. 1sux

(20:51:12) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 1d10 and gets 3.

(10:22:56) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 6,3,9,7. 1sux

(10:23:04) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 10,4,10,5. 2sux

(20:51:44) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 2d10 and gets 3,6.

(10:23:18) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 7,5,5,5. 0sux

(10:23:27) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 3,8,10,3. 2sux

(20:52:14) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 1d10 and gets 8. 1sux

(10:23:39) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 4,2,5,10. 1sux

(20:52:55) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 1d10 and gets 7. 0sux

(23:21:24) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 4d10 and gets 10,10,6,2.

(23:21:33) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 2d10 and gets 9,8.

14sux, compared with the 13 needed to open the lock.

After 30 seconds Moss has managed to pick the electronic lock and grins widely as he pulls open the gate for Adrian to drive the car through.

Now he can pay more attention to their surroundings, in both the real and Shadow worlds.

Click to reveal..

Awareness roll = Wits + Composure = 5 dice

(21:04:09) ChatBot: (No_Moss) rolls 5d10 and gets 9,3,3,3,4.

1sux

Gently and with as much finesse as he could muster, Adrian guided the auto up the drive and well inside the gates. It was eerie here. This place had a bad reputation in the vampiric community. It was haunted and not with the friendly, Casper-like poltergeists. This place had a history. It was unsettled, as if the dead did not sleep idly here, but had a purpose and will against all the Living ... and those that pretended to be the Living.

Adrian looked over his shoulder as the rest came up to the car as he waited.

Declan was uneasy too. But not because of spooks and shadows. He could smell something that set his hackles on edge, that revolted him despite the fact that it smelled all-too appealing. Because of that fact, actually. He knew immediately what it was.

Human blood, flesh and fear. It lay across the other scents like a sawblade across a violin's strings. He stripped off hastily, a slight sound of tearing coming from the seam of the t-shirt before he tossed it into the car's back seat.

"It's here, alright." he said quietly to the others, silver eyes like lamps in the fog. "The rest of you, stick together and move along the main path." He looked at No-Moss. "I'm trusting you to guard the rest of them if our girl's still lurkin' around. Keep sharp." He looked at Morgan for a moment, then addressed all of them. "I won't be far."

With that he darted away from the car, dark fur sprouting from his bare skin. The others watched him bound into the fog a large, thick-pelted wolf. tail swishing behind him. Then he was gone.

Owns-The-Night ran a wide circle around the others, scenting the air. His concerns were twofold: one, to find the remains. And two, to make sure that an enraged Uratha wasn't waiting nearby to make dessert of Morgan and the others.

Click to reveal..

Perception roll to spot any danger.

(00:00:54) Declan rolls (Perception) 10d10 and gets 6,8,5,6,4,9,5,7,9,1.

3 succs.

Tracking roll to find the remains:

Wits & Survival, +1 for Hunting specialty, +2 dice for the blood and +1 for being in Urhan form.

(00:04:22) ChatBot: Declan rolls 9d10 and gets 8,2,3,8,3,6,8,8,9.

5 succs! Whoo!

Archived