Aberrant: 200X - Let's Talk Strengths and Weaknesses

The Fine Balance

It has come to my attention that 200X is severely lacking in supervillainous types. We have Revenant's alter ego and Skein, and maybe Zombie if you count her as a villain. So I decided to revamp one of my old nasties for a 50 point build and let him loose.

The guy's name is Hunger, and this is what he does: He finds a nice, cozy, Midwestern family, preferably with a young daughter, eats her, and shapeshifts to take her place. Pretty disturbing stuff.

As he eats her (with Quantum Leech and Shapeshift, mostly), he absorbs her memories and stores them away in his sharp, if narrow and warped, mind, with Telepathy.

The Telepathy is severely weakened: it's limited to touch range, cannot be used to communicate, and cannot be used to change memories. Only observe.

So how much would that net Hunger in Strength/Weakness points? Someone suggested -1 for touch range, then -1 for every other ability Telepathy has that I cut out for a total of -3. That seems pretty reasonable to me. What do y'all think?

So, new question. I'm about to mention a scary word: Permanency.

Let's have context.

When Hunger finds a home, he shifts to take on the persona of one of the members, after eating them, of course. The idea is that after that his powers shut down and he effectively dorms into the shape of the kid he ate. Or, in other words, a permanent Shapeshift.

While he's shapeshifted in this fashion he doesn't have access to any powers, period.

Is that acceptable? If it's not I'll just go with Option #2, which is leaving the duration at a scene and tacking on +2 from the Weakness in stressful situations.

Archived