Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Ikaris, A Clash of Champions

Justin OOC

Kai's arms wrap around her returning the embrace and he smiles as he consoles her. "You won Lily, and if required I'd do the same thing again. The thought of losing you is more than I wish to bear. I've had one woman I loved die in this series of events and another I loved turn against me and try her hardest to kill me. I can't stand to have another woman I love go either of those paths."

He strokes her hair softly with one hand as he holds her close with the other.You'll never lose me Lily. I will always find my way back to you, even if you send me away, I promise."

He gently lifts he head and looks into her eyes a moment and then kisses her full-on, reaffirming his affections toward her. The warmth of his touch suffuses her, healer mind, body, and spirit, a glimpse at one of his most special abilities. "Never doubt my word or my commitment to you Princess, not even for a second."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lily melts in his arms and returns the kiss with passion. It goes on for at least a few minutes until Lily has to catch her breath and break the kiss.

"What are you going to tell Valerie?" she asks quietly, not yet letting him go. "She's been...I think she's had a crush on you for a little while now."

"The truth. Hopefully I survive it." he answers once he catches his breath.

He smiles. "I know this isn't fair to her, but I won't lead her on. I love her, but not as she does me. She is a true friend, someone I consider close family, the little sister I didn't lose in the bombardment, but I don't see her romantically."

"That particular spectrum is reserved only for you. You're the one I love."

Lily moves her hands to his shoulders and backs off just a little so she can see his face, which she looks at curiously, though happily.

"Is this because of what happened?" she asks. "Before you were always so proper towards me. I was never sure...what you felt. Now...I mean, I'm glad to hear it...it just seems new to hear it out of you. Are you okay?"

Lily laughs and hugs him again.

"You're anything but normal, Kai...and I do love you."

Finally she lets the poor, squeezed boy go and offers her hand.

"Alright, since we have that straightened out, shall we go back? The others will think we're up to no good." She winks.

Saito would let Kai and Lily have their moment. After all Saito was certain that he and his friends could not have one this battle without Lily's devotion to Kai. Lily has mastered passion in combat, something that his father had done.

"Father. Your legacy lives on."

Saito brings up his watch and tunes his radio to the communications channel that the Meteor was tuned to.

"This is Saito Murazaki to all Satoshi personel. We have completed our objective and will rendevous at the Inn. Our team will now immediately make preparations to leave this world."

Saito places a hand on Valerie's shoulder.

"You did well in this battle Miss Valerie. Your power helped us to won this battle and I thank you for that."

Lily nods.

"Me too."

------

A few minutes after they left, Kai and Lily reappear, hand in hand. Lily lets go of him and brushes her bangs out of her eyes breezily, all trace of her prior ill-temper shed.

"Sorry about that everyone, just needed a second to clear a few things up."

She catches a glimpse of Ryoko where she's fallen, and looks at Aurich. "Is there something we can do for her? I'd like to bring her back with us. She comes from my world originally."

Aurich looks to Kai. "You have all your powers now son, use them as you see fit. Use the stone when you are ready."

Kai nods and walks over to Ryoko. he lays a hand to her cheek, suffusing her with the same tangible warmth his touch normally brings, healing her wounds.

He lets go and smiles. "There now, that should do it."

The resurrection of Kai, followed by the the rebirth of the world they were in, had a resonating effect within Georgi: The first was that he knew what it was like to die, only to have his soul pulled back into his body. And secondly, Amane's sickness mirrored the sickness that had plagued this world. In some ways, Georgi was healed too, but it was a healing of the heart and it filled him with hope.

They had the flowers they needed to bring Amane back from the brink, and he desperately wanted to get back to their world. Her suffering must not continue as it meant his did too. As he watched the emotional spectacle between Kai, Lily and Valerie, he couldn't help but think if his reaction to seeing Amane would be any different.

He glanced briefly to Saito and gave him a nod of acknowledgement over their current victorious situation. As he began to load up his equipment, he clutched at his chest with a weakening sensation running through his body. It was momentary, and he felt better almost instantly. He could only assume, that the tremendous amount of extra vitality and energy he picked up during the prolongued conflict, had left him. It was something he had not expected, and extremely disconcerting.

A few more words are exchanged and then Saito summons the Meteor. The ride back is slow, mainly because Valerie, Lily and Kai ride in one hand; Aurich, Archer, and Suzuka in the other. Georgi rode in the secondary seat.

Aurich explains how to use the gem and then they all gather around Ibis's stasis pod and the cargo containers for the flowers.

"Peace be with you, brave champions, noble heros."

Aurich's farewell is the signal for Kai, who activates the stone that will return them home. Kai holds Lily's hand with his right, and with the others form a circle around their precious cargo. Valerie completed the circle holding Kai's left hand.

They reappear North of Tokyo, about ten miles north of the Bazaroth Gate. Archer breaks the circle and nods once. "Thank you all for bringing me home. I wish I could stay, but my mistress requires me even now. I have been far too long from her side, and I must rectify that."

Ryoko looks upset and saddened by his words.

"This will not be the last we see of each other, though I cannot say it will be so pleasant again. Farewell to you all."

He looks to Lily and Kai. "I have duels to finish with each of you, a brother I need to avenge, but not today. Today at least we part as friends."

He vanishes in a flash of white light, leaving them to ponder his words. "Looks like we'd better get back home. Saito call the Meteor and get on the radio, I'm ready to get back to things."

(OOC this ends The Ikaris arc 15 CP to you all)

Archived