Aberrant: Quantum Identity - Proposed House rules.

lead

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
...but isn't that the whole point of the power? To steal something away from others? Summon has a nice neutral sound to it but could be infered to mean summoning people or creatures. Maybe Summon Object? Anyways your character is a street thief so I don't see why you wouldn't call it pickpocket or Pilfer or something similar...

Joke of the Day:

Q: What's the difference between a Pickpocket and a Peeping Tom?

A: A Pickpocket snatches watches...

Yes it is the point of my character, but should someone else want to use it, I don't want to convey a stereotype...

That joke was horrid. crylaugh

Honestly, does the name really matter? Would calling it, say, pink elephants make a difference?

Oh, and I like the mechanics of it now, by the way. On a straight per+power roll, you'll need 3 suc in order to steal a handgun away from somebody, and you'd probably need 2-3 in order to steal a purse. Means that you'll actually have to have some skill in order to use it (of the rolls that I've seen in ItB, 3 suc is doing really good).

I still don't know that I like the ability to (whatever you call this power) away attuned items, though at least you get to make a contesting roll.

Also, I like that you somewhat defined what 'inanimate' means to you, non-living. So, I'm assuming that this power would work on things like, say, wood or other organic materials that are no longer alive, or is it a strictly organic/non-organic split. If it's the first, is there any dead thing that this power wouldn't work on (from roadkill to morgue snatching)?

Lastly, what does this power consider as 'part' of the item. For instance, if you were to (whatever you call this power) away someone's pants, would you get the stuff inside the pockets (wallet, keys, spare change, etc.) or would you only get the pants (thus leaving the rest of the stuff to fall to the ground). (now, I will admit, that even if you go this route, that I wouldn't have a problem with the getting of a 'wallet' to include the stuff inside of it (credit cards, id, money, etc.), but I don't really have a reason why (maybe the stuff is more tightly held?) or a mechanical way of differentiating the two.

Just wondering.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
Honestly, does the name really matter? Would calling it, say, pink elephants make a difference?

Name truly doesn't matter in the end run, but people's perceptions of the power are obviously skewed somewhat by the title and I want to give it something a bit more broad in terminology.

I still don't know that I like the ability to (whatever you call this power) away attuned items, though at least you get to make a contesting roll.

As far as snatching/swiping/pink elephantizing an attuned item, unless they seriously botch the Willpower roll, I can't see the power succeeding all that often.

Also, I like that you somewhat defined what 'inanimate' means to you, non-living. So, I'm assuming that this power would work on things like, say, wood or other organic materials that are no longer alive, or is it a strictly organic/non-organic split. If it's the first, is there any dead thing that this power wouldn't work on (from roadkill to morgue snatching)?

Well by definition, inanimate means non-moving, but I guess I was meaning more 'non-living'. Since dead organic items, (e.g. leather or most clothing) should be able to be targeted. As far as the roadkill or dead bodies, I would say yes, but that would probably be ST's call.

Lastly, what does this power consider as 'part' of the item. For instance, if you were to (whatever you call this power) away someone's pants, would you get the stuff inside the pockets (wallet, keys, spare change, etc.) or would you only get the pants (thus leaving the rest of the stuff to fall to the ground). (now, I will admit, that even if you go this route, that I wouldn't have a problem with the getting of a 'wallet' to include the stuff inside of it (credit cards, id, money, etc.), but I don't really have a reason why (maybe the stuff is more tightly held?) or a mechanical way of differentiating the two.

By part, I mean if you target a wallet and fail, you can't get just the credit card, or fail on a set of keys and just get one key, or fail on a gun and just get the bullets etc. If you target an item that has stuff in it, as long as you meet the weight requirements you can snatch/swipe/pink elephantize the whole shebang.

Archived