World of Darkness: Attrition - World of Darkness Section

Vivi OOC

Originally Posted By: Vivi OOC
Character Creation: Standard. Official White Wolf NWoD publications only. (OWoD storylines and NPCs may be used for the character concept, background, etc., since we prefer that setting to the newer one.)

I got a few questions about that. - It is going to be oWoD-Storyline/Background. That means all 13 Clans and Tribes in Vampire and Werewolf? I'm not good with the other games, therefor I can't tell much about them but... can I create a Tzimisce character with nWoD-Rules? Are there conversion rules for Disciplines and Gifts that are not available per nWoD-Rules or maybe even not applicable since the rules have changed? Am I asking stupid questions? wink

The clans and tribes are taken from the new sources. Since players can't play the villains (Sabbot, Black Spiral Dancers, Technocracy) there is no point in stating those tribes or clans. They are there and may possess tricks or powers that previously were thought lost or impossible.

For a Vampire you may create a character with the Core book or Bloodlines, using those clans and disciplines. A Vamp you meet later may possess powers similar to Vicissitude but it wouldn't be avail to PCs.

So its basically a V:tM, W:tA, M:tA Style game with the nWoD rules? I mean with that all clans, tribes, traditions (whatever) are from nWoD but those are set in the oWoD-Background. I'm just trying to make sure I got that part right.

Pretty much. Characters can butt heads with Sabbat (not the real Sabbat but a nWod equivalent), Technocrats (an order of mages dedicated to controling the sleeper masses), or even agents of the Wyrm (spirit corrupted mortals or other supers).

The list goes on.

Point is you have at your disposal oWoD plot twists and possibilities but everything is governed by the nWoD rule set.

Archived