Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Ikaris: The First night

Justin OOC

"Hai," Lily replies smartly.

As the others start to go, and she unrolls her uniform, Lily calls to Lawrence, her face clearly worried, "Hey...one thing. Is my...is the Emperor all right? And the others, my little brother and sister. Were they all right?"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawrence had began walking towards the camp with Growler and Kai. They'd only began walking when he heard Lily call out. He stopped and turned, seeing her face and how worried she was, he gave her a reassuring smile. "They're fine." The civil unrest is growing, for truth, but he'd get into that later, if at all. "We can talk about all that later, Lily. It's been nice seeing you again." With those words, he turned back towards Kai and Growler to head to the camp.

Lawrence had began walking towards the camp with Growler and Kai. They'd only began walking when he heard Lily call out. He stopped and turned, seeing her face and how worried she was, he gave her a reassuring smile. "They're fine." The civil unrest is growing, for truth, but he'd get into that later, if at all. "We can talk about all that later, Lily. It's been nice seeing you again." With those words, he turned back towards Kai and Growler to head to the camp.

Saito nods.

"I am helping Miss Amane because it is the right thing to do and I am sure that she would do the same for any of us. Not only that, but I am under orders to follow and protect Miss Lily and where she goes, I go."

Saito begins to run the diagnostics for the Meteor's system from the cockpit.

Saito nods.

"I am helping Miss Amane because it is the right thing to do and I am sure that she would do the same for any of us. Not only that, but I am under orders to follow and protect Miss Lily and where she goes, I go."

Saito begins to run the diagnostics for the Meteor's system from the cockpit.

"Amane is hurt because she saved my life." Georgi admitted, his head lowered. "Before she jumped in front of Takashi, she had my heart. Now, I owe her everything."

Georgi looks off into the distance. His thoughs were elsewhere again.

"Amane is hurt because she saved my life." Georgi admitted, his head lowered. "Before she jumped in front of Takashi, she had my heart. Now, I owe her everything."

Georgi looks off into the distance. His thoughs were elsewhere again.

Lily nods with relief. She notices the 'seeing you again' comment and frowns. Had they met before? Huh...maybe she'd remember when they met up at the camp.

With a quick look around to make sure she's unobserved, she peels off the soggy dress and pulls her Satoshi jumpsuit on. She then dives into the water; not bothering to swim, instead propelling herself with her flight ability towards the dark, forbidding hulk of the Dalaraan ship.

(GM discretion here...we can just narrate she recovers it if you like, or make it more challenging. Either way's fine wit' me. smile )

Lily nods with relief. She notices the 'seeing you again' comment and frowns. Had they met before? Huh...maybe she'd remember when they met up at the camp.

With a quick look around to make sure she's unobserved, she peels off the soggy dress and pulls her Satoshi jumpsuit on. She then dives into the water; not bothering to swim, instead propelling herself with her flight ability towards the dark, forbidding hulk of the Dalaraan ship.

(GM discretion here...we can just narrate she recovers it if you like, or make it more challenging. Either way's fine wit' me. smile )

While Lily recovers the communcation packets from the ship and the others silently make their way back to the ships, Saito and Georgi finish the systems check of the Meteor. The Zero System is found to be disengaged, and simply refuses to function. After several tries, an errant keystroke loads the disc Saito had recieved from Sanger.

"Saito, My son, I pride myself on being an excellent soldier, a skilled warrior, and a good Man. A good soldier follows orders without question, a skilled warrior does not hesitate to do what he must, and a good man accepts his place in the order of things. I have violated all three of these tenets today.

By order of CFO-2349, I Zanger Zonbolt am to execute the following personnel. One, Ibis Douglas, designate EB1-2, and Saito Murazaki, designate EB1-1. They are the last of the Circinus-human halfbreed sibko. The other twenty have been slain in the course of duty and accidents. I have had to slay them all, son. High Command has decided to Sanitize all of humanity, erradicating the species, so that we may take their place, despite pleas for the chance of coexistance

The order came just as Elzam and I finished the battle on Ganymede. We could have slain you there, writing off the Kurogane. The orders are direct from High Command and authorize any expenditure of resources, But we decided that we would give you a sporting chance, to die as Circinus warriors. Then We summoned you to the bridge. I spoke with you and allowed you both to choose.

You chose to return and protect Earth, forcing my choice. I swore to your Mother I would always protect you, and provide a link to your heritage. When the Home Defense Fleet arrives, I will fight them in order to provide you with a future. You are my Son Saito, the strength of Circinus himself runs in your veins, but you and Ibis both have the blood of humanity within you. Defend your bretheren, and know that failure is not an option. I believe in you, Son, and when the time comes, you will know what you have to do. Trust the Meteor, treat it as a part of yourself, but remember, you were raised as the perfect Circinus soldier, moreso than any other of your sibko. Yet still you are human, do not stifle you emotions, but do not be a slave to them.

Ibis cares for you more than you know, or perhaps you do. She turned her back on our life for no reason other than to be with you. Someone like that is a friend beyond compare. I know the loss of Ryo is hard son, but you can overcome it. You have your friends who are depending on you, and you have me son, I'm depending on you to show everyone that coexistance is possible, that humanity deserves to live and have a future.

Know this, your mother would be very proud of you, she was a Captain in the Japanese Self Defense force, a kind woman at heart who taught me much about humanity, about life beyond war, fighting to protect, fighting for peace, as opposed to waging endless war. Her name was Sakura Murazaki. Honor her memory, even if you cannot forgive me my sins, protect the world she loved so much."

Sanger Salutes the screen. "The Meteor contains pictures of your mother and I, and you when you were born. It contains all the recordings and pictures of you playing with your sibmates, with Ibis and Ryo, all the things over a decade of training and conditioning supressed. It was the most safe place I could keep them, and at least this way, know that some small part of us is watching over you. Information on the Federation and video of your early life, of things you don't remember are all there. Watch them when you can, and remember why you fight. Take care of Ibis for me, she's all that's left of Captain Ryoma in this world, his sole surviving child. Live long, Fight well, my son." The viewer clicked off, and Saito was left with only the dim lighting of the Meteor's cockpit.

While Lily recovers the communcation packets from the ship and the others silently make their way back to the ships, Saito and Georgi finish the systems check of the Meteor. The Zero System is found to be disengaged, and simply refuses to function. After several tries, an errant keystroke loads the disc Saito had recieved from Sanger.

"Saito, My son, I pride myself on being an excellent soldier, a skilled warrior, and a good Man. A good soldier follows orders without question, a skilled warrior does not hesitate to do what he must, and a good man accepts his place in the order of things. I have violated all three of these tenets today.

By order of CFO-2349, I Zanger Zonbolt am to execute the following personnel. One, Ibis Douglas, designate EB1-2, and Saito Murazaki, designate EB1-1. They are the last of the Circinus-human halfbreed sibko. The other twenty have been slain in the course of duty and accidents. I have had to slay them all, son. High Command has decided to Sanitize all of humanity, erradicating the species, so that we may take their place, despite pleas for the chance of coexistance

The order came just as Elzam and I finished the battle on Ganymede. We could have slain you there, writing off the Kurogane. The orders are direct from High Command and authorize any expenditure of resources, But we decided that we would give you a sporting chance, to die as Circinus warriors. Then We summoned you to the bridge. I spoke with you and allowed you both to choose.

You chose to return and protect Earth, forcing my choice. I swore to your Mother I would always protect you, and provide a link to your heritage. When the Home Defense Fleet arrives, I will fight them in order to provide you with a future. You are my Son Saito, the strength of Circinus himself runs in your veins, but you and Ibis both have the blood of humanity within you. Defend your bretheren, and know that failure is not an option. I believe in you, Son, and when the time comes, you will know what you have to do. Trust the Meteor, treat it as a part of yourself, but remember, you were raised as the perfect Circinus soldier, moreso than any other of your sibko. Yet still you are human, do not stifle you emotions, but do not be a slave to them.

Ibis cares for you more than you know, or perhaps you do. She turned her back on our life for no reason other than to be with you. Someone like that is a friend beyond compare. I know the loss of Ryo is hard son, but you can overcome it. You have your friends who are depending on you, and you have me son, I'm depending on you to show everyone that coexistance is possible, that humanity deserves to live and have a future.

Know this, your mother would be very proud of you, she was a Captain in the Japanese Self Defense force, a kind woman at heart who taught me much about humanity, about life beyond war, fighting to protect, fighting for peace, as opposed to waging endless war. Her name was Sakura Murazaki. Honor her memory, even if you cannot forgive me my sins, protect the world she loved so much."

Sanger Salutes the screen. "The Meteor contains pictures of your mother and I, and you when you were born. It contains all the recordings and pictures of you playing with your sibmates, with Ibis and Ryo, all the things over a decade of training and conditioning supressed. It was the most safe place I could keep them, and at least this way, know that some small part of us is watching over you. Information on the Federation and video of your early life, of things you don't remember are all there. Watch them when you can, and remember why you fight. Take care of Ibis for me, she's all that's left of Captain Ryoma in this world, his sole surviving child. Live long, Fight well, my son." The viewer clicked off, and Saito was left with only the dim lighting of the Meteor's cockpit.

Not long after Kai, Growler and Thebes arrive at the camp, Lily soars in from above and drapes her dress over a rock near the fire to dry. She hands Thebes his pack from the ship.

"Here ya go," she says. "So...what's this about? It's good to see another Imperial citizen and all, but the Emperor said I wasn't getting anymore help. And what happened to your ship?"

Not long after Kai, Growler and Thebes arrive at the camp, Lily soars in from above and drapes her dress over a rock near the fire to dry. She hands Thebes his pack from the ship.

"Here ya go," she says. "So...what's this about? It's good to see another Imperial citizen and all, but the Emperor said I wasn't getting anymore help. And what happened to your ship?"

Lawrence was laid out next to the fire. He looked to be pretty miserable but was holding it in well enough. When Lily placed the back near him he sat up and opened it. It was dry, as he had hoped, and it gave him a spare pair of clothes. "Well." He took a deep breath and reached into a sub-pocket of the bag. Inside was one piece of paper and one envelope. He handed them both to Lily. "One is my official orders and the other is a letter to you. I was sent here to watch and report on you. I'm not sure they wanted you to know what I was doing, but I think with the situation of me being stranded I could stand to let you know. As for what happened to my ship.. I don't know. I was asleep when it all happened."

He stands up, carrying the clothes in his hands. "I'm going to go behind that tree and change. Keep talking. What are you doing here on Not Earth and how did you get here?"

Lawrence was laid out next to the fire. He looked to be pretty miserable but was holding it in well enough. When Lily placed the back near him he sat up and opened it. It was dry, as he had hoped, and it gave him a spare pair of clothes. "Well." He took a deep breath and reached into a sub-pocket of the bag. Inside was one piece of paper and one envelope. He handed them both to Lily. "One is my official orders and the other is a letter to you. I was sent here to watch and report on you. I'm not sure they wanted you to know what I was doing, but I think with the situation of me being stranded I could stand to let you know. As for what happened to my ship.. I don't know. I was asleep when it all happened."

He stands up, carrying the clothes in his hands. "I'm going to go behind that tree and change. Keep talking. What are you doing here on Not Earth and how did you get here?"

Lily takes the offered objects and starts opening the letter.

"We were...called here I guess...by a local who calls himself an 'archmage.' Growler," she tosses her head in the direction of the huge manbear, "came from here. We agreed to help him, so here we are."

Lily takes the offered objects and starts opening the letter.

"We were...called here I guess...by a local who calls himself an 'archmage.' Growler," she tosses her head in the direction of the huge manbear, "came from here. We agreed to help him, so here we are."

Saito lowered his head in the darkness of the cockpit and gripped the familiar flight controls of his machine. Saito's grip began to tighten and his palms began to sweat. Georgi, who was sitting in the secondary seat behind Saito, could easily Saito shuddering in even in the dim light of the Meteor's cockpit.

"Father.....why did you not tell me?"

Saito shuddering became slightly more violent.

"All these years, I could have known of my heritage. But you have denied me all of that just for your precious mission."

Saito raised his head and faced the now black communication screen.

"Father, I hate you for what you have done."

Saito lowered his head in the darkness of the cockpit and gripped the familiar flight controls of his machine. Saito's grip began to tighten and his palms began to sweat. Georgi, who was sitting in the secondary seat behind Saito, could easily Saito shuddering in even in the dim light of the Meteor's cockpit.

"Father.....why did you not tell me?"

Saito shuddering became slightly more violent.

"All these years, I could have known of my heritage. But you have denied me all of that just for your precious mission."

Saito raised his head and faced the now black communication screen.

"Father, I hate you for what you have done."

One she has the letter open, Lily hesitates, torn between this newcomer's orders, and this personal letter.

Finally she takes the letter from its wrapper and opens it to read the Dalaraan sigils in the orange-red glow of the fire.

One she has the letter open, Lily hesitates, torn between this newcomer's orders, and this personal letter.

Finally she takes the letter from its wrapper and opens it to read the Dalaraan sigils in the orange-red glow of the fire.

Georgi thought it best to sit in the secondary seat and wait for Saito to deal with his problem. Anything said by Georgi might make the situation worse for Saito. In situations like this, Georgi was glad that he had no memories of past family or relatives.

Georgi thought it best to sit in the secondary seat and wait for Saito to deal with his problem. Anything said by Georgi might make the situation worse for Saito. In situations like this, Georgi was glad that he had no memories of past family or relatives.

Lily's letter reads

"Daughter,

I hope this finds you well. I know that I said no further help would come to you, but The young Hiroga I sent to find you may prove to be of great value to you. He is quite unique and capable of summoning an incredibly powerful summon for someone so young. He will help you.

By the time this gets to you, he and Yua could well be the last of the Hiroga. The War is heating up in earnest, and The Hiroga are in open rebellion. Things are getting bad for us, and aas such I am sending your brother and Sister to Earth, to you.

I trust you to guard them better than any other. "I will fight here, but things look bad. Under no circumstances are you to return home before you hear from me. Stay save daughter, and good luck."

Lily's letter reads

"Daughter,

I hope this finds you well. I know that I said no further help would come to you, but The young Hiroga I sent to find you may prove to be of great value to you. He is quite unique and capable of summoning an incredibly powerful summon for someone so young. He will help you.

By the time this gets to you, he and Yua could well be the last of the Hiroga. The War is heating up in earnest, and The Hiroga are in open rebellion. Things are getting bad for us, and aas such I am sending your brother and Sister to Earth, to you.

I trust you to guard them better than any other. "I will fight here, but things look bad. Under no circumstances are you to return home before you hear from me. Stay save daughter, and good luck."

Inside the Asterion, Ibis said nothing, and simply wept openly in Valerie's arms. The Alien warrior struck her much less as some alien killer, and moreso like herself, a young woman who had lost everything, who was now alone in a strange world, with only her companions and herself to rely on.

"They're going to kill him for this Valerie. They're going to kill him because he let us go, and now it's too late to do anything to save him."

Inside the Asterion, Ibis said nothing, and simply wept openly in Valerie's arms. The Alien warrior struck her much less as some alien killer, and moreso like herself, a young woman who had lost everything, who was now alone in a strange world, with only her companions and herself to rely on.

"They're going to kill him for this Valerie. They're going to kill him because he let us go, and now it's too late to do anything to save him."

Valerie tried her best to soothe Ibis, she had never been on this side of the conversation she had always been the one being soothed, not the soother.

"That won't happen Ibis, whoever has rank enough to have access to this type of information will not be terminated right before a massive invasion, they need all the fire power they can gather to attack The Freak's group." Valerie hugged Ibis. "He will be alive, and we will find him." Holding Ibis head to her chest letting her weep.

Valerie tried her best to soothe Ibis, she had never been on this side of the conversation she had always been the one being soothed, not the soother.

"That won't happen Ibis, whoever has rank enough to have access to this type of information will not be terminated right before a massive invasion, they need all the fire power they can gather to attack The Freak's group." Valerie hugged Ibis. "He will be alive, and we will find him." Holding Ibis head to her chest letting her weep.

"You don't know my people Valerie. They won't hesitate, they'll simply charge the neuton cannon and decimate the remains of his fleet., add to it he'll have already lost ships to the Invaders. Even General Zonbolt can't win this."

It was too much. She thought of Sanger like a father, indeed he'd been one ever since they left Earth. knowing what she did now it was all just too much to hold up under. She wept herself to sleep in Valerie's arms.

"I only just got Saito back, and now the man who raised and trained us will be killed because he refused to kill us."

"You don't know my people Valerie. They won't hesitate, they'll simply charge the neuton cannon and decimate the remains of his fleet., add to it he'll have already lost ships to the Invaders. Even General Zonbolt can't win this."

It was too much. She thought of Sanger like a father, indeed he'd been one ever since they left Earth. knowing what she did now it was all just too much to hold up under. She wept herself to sleep in Valerie's arms.

"I only just got Saito back, and now the man who raised and trained us will be killed because he refused to kill us."

Archived