Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Ikaris: The First night

Justin OOC

At hearing Amane's name, Georgi flinches. He wondered what Saito's interest in her was. There is no reason to be jealous, he reminded himself. Saito probably needs her for her combat prowess.

"I wish to help Amane too. Although I think we have different motivations for doing so." He was sure that Saito wanted her for the upcoming battle against the Circinus fleet.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's not really a -plan- yet," Lily hedges reluctantly. "More of an idea. But basically, we're pinned between two hostile forces that both completely outgun us. We have Takeshi's faction of Satoshi on one side, and the Federation colony fleet on the other. We're comparatively tiny, protected only by this enforced truce. The only military advantages we have are the three battleships, and our position on Luna...but since Satoshi's close to finishing their own battleships, we may be down to one soon."

She takes a deep breath. "But I'm thinking our weakness might actually be an advantage right now. Satoshi's not going to want the Federation to bombard Earth any more than we do. Even Takeshi's not that crazy. Right now, the Federation's WAY more of a threat to them than we are. All we have to do is get them to attack the Federation before they get to Luna...and then hunker down and protect ourselves from the fallout as best we can."

"Ideally the Federation and Satoshi will expend most of their strength on each other...leaving what's left more maneageable for us."

"It's not really a -plan- yet," Lily hedges reluctantly. "More of an idea. But basically, we're pinned between two hostile forces that both completely outgun us. We have Takeshi's faction of Satoshi on one side, and the Federation colony fleet on the other. We're comparatively tiny, protected only by this enforced truce. The only military advantages we have are the three battleships, and our position on Luna...but since Satoshi's close to finishing their own battleships, we may be down to one soon."

She takes a deep breath. "But I'm thinking our weakness might actually be an advantage right now. Satoshi's not going to want the Federation to bombard Earth any more than we do. Even Takeshi's not that crazy. Right now, the Federation's WAY more of a threat to them than we are. All we have to do is get them to attack the Federation before they get to Luna...and then hunker down and protect ourselves from the fallout as best we can."

"Ideally the Federation and Satoshi will expend most of their strength on each other...leaving what's left more maneageable for us."

"It's a sound plan, but what happens if that doesn't happen? Takashi has already show the acumen needed to get them to attack where he wants. And He did let them annihilate The Asian Seaboard. He may have simply stopped caring Lily."

He shrugs. "It's times like this where I actually wish I knew more about him. Just so I could understand why he's doing this, what he hopes to accomplish."

Back at the Campsite Ibis and Valerie had finished going over the Asterion's systems and they had managed to get the cockpit back to normal. The Main display came online and Suddenly The hatch closed and sealed. Ibis was about to open it and Sanger's face appeared on the viewer.

"Lieutenant Ibis Douglas, if you are viewing this then the worst has happened. Over the last twenty years I have helped raise you and and a sibko of others to see whether or not Earth was a viable place for a Federation colony.

For the last three years I have been ordered to remove all traces of this sibko. As I come back from Ganymede, the order has come down for you and Saito to be elimanated.

I have defied a Direct Order from Fleet Command and allowed you both to return to the world you called home as children. I can no longer protect you Ibis, and I can no longer protect Saito. I have done this as a small measure of penance for what I was tricked into doing to the world my wife loved so much.

You and Saito alone among all the Federation are unique. You do not suffer the negative effects of Deuterra usage, because you are both half-Human. I made a promise when he died that I would always protect you, at the cost of my own honor even.

You have left behind all you knew, but take heart. You're home now. Take Care of Saito, Ibis, he is not fully trained yet, and I'm counting on you to bring out his true potential. You were like a daughter to me, so please honor this final request. I know you love him, so please take care of my Son."

The viewer switched off and Ibis wiped the tears from her eyes. She had promised that she would as a Circinus soldier, but now things were different. The Federation had ordered her death, and Saito's for no reason. Now She was simply Ibis Douglass, a lordless pilot, a warrior who's master betrayed her.

She looked to Valerie, realizing she'd seen that. "I just don't know what to say now Valerie."

"It's a sound plan, but what happens if that doesn't happen? Takashi has already show the acumen needed to get them to attack where he wants. And He did let them annihilate The Asian Seaboard. He may have simply stopped caring Lily."

He shrugs. "It's times like this where I actually wish I knew more about him. Just so I could understand why he's doing this, what he hopes to accomplish."

Back at the Campsite Ibis and Valerie had finished going over the Asterion's systems and they had managed to get the cockpit back to normal. The Main display came online and Suddenly The hatch closed and sealed. Ibis was about to open it and Sanger's face appeared on the viewer.

"Lieutenant Ibis Douglas, if you are viewing this then the worst has happened. Over the last twenty years I have helped raise you and and a sibko of others to see whether or not Earth was a viable place for a Federation colony.

For the last three years I have been ordered to remove all traces of this sibko. As I come back from Ganymede, the order has come down for you and Saito to be elimanated.

I have defied a Direct Order from Fleet Command and allowed you both to return to the world you called home as children. I can no longer protect you Ibis, and I can no longer protect Saito. I have done this as a small measure of penance for what I was tricked into doing to the world my wife loved so much.

You and Saito alone among all the Federation are unique. You do not suffer the negative effects of Deuterra usage, because you are both half-Human. I made a promise when he died that I would always protect you, at the cost of my own honor even.

You have left behind all you knew, but take heart. You're home now. Take Care of Saito, Ibis, he is not fully trained yet, and I'm counting on you to bring out his true potential. You were like a daughter to me, so please honor this final request. I know you love him, so please take care of my Son."

The viewer switched off and Ibis wiped the tears from her eyes. She had promised that she would as a Circinus soldier, but now things were different. The Federation had ordered her death, and Saito's for no reason. Now She was simply Ibis Douglass, a lordless pilot, a warrior who's master betrayed her.

She looked to Valerie, realizing she'd seen that. "I just don't know what to say now Valerie."

There was an odd chill through the ship as it crossed dimensional boundaries. "This one will do nicely, wait where is he going? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

"Lawrence awoke to the sound of shrill arlarms going off all over the cockpit. Something had taken hold of his ship during its hyperfold, and now he found himself strapped into a ship crashing into a serene lake.

The shockwave flattened trees all around the lake and sent up a huge wave soaking everyone nearby, Including Kai, Lily, and Growler.

Kai and Lily recover and find themselves in the water , Kai already starts swimming back to one of the rocks. "What the hell was that and why aren't we even hurt????"

(((OOC Saito, Valerie, Georgi, continue on with conversations/ maintenence checks. You're insided sealed cockpits, and did not hear or even feel the impact since you're far enough away from the lake. Growler and Lily, post as you will.)))

There was an odd chill through the ship as it crossed dimensional boundaries. "This one will do nicely, wait where is he going? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

"Lawrence awoke to the sound of shrill arlarms going off all over the cockpit. Something had taken hold of his ship during its hyperfold, and now he found himself strapped into a ship crashing into a serene lake.

The shockwave flattened trees all around the lake and sent up a huge wave soaking everyone nearby, Including Kai, Lily, and Growler.

Kai and Lily recover and find themselves in the water , Kai already starts swimming back to one of the rocks. "What the hell was that and why aren't we even hurt????"

(((OOC Saito, Valerie, Georgi, continue on with conversations/ maintenence checks. You're insided sealed cockpits, and did not hear or even feel the impact since you're far enough away from the lake. Growler and Lily, post as you will.)))

Lily struggles in the water for a second, finding that the nice dress Kai had bought for her gets all waterlogged and hard to move in when it gets wet. She finally gives up and just flies out of the water, swooping down low to offer Kai her hands to lift him out and over to shore.

She doesn't notice right away that the white cloth of the dress clings rather clingily to her when wet too.

"I don't know!" Lily answers, turning back to look at the lake. "A giant concussion like that...it could be something d-shifting in...something really big. That could be what caused the lake to just rise up and swallow us too! If something big fell into the water..."

She squints, scanning for signs of what might have happened.

"Did you see anything?"

Lily struggles in the water for a second, finding that the nice dress Kai had bought for her gets all waterlogged and hard to move in when it gets wet. She finally gives up and just flies out of the water, swooping down low to offer Kai her hands to lift him out and over to shore.

She doesn't notice right away that the white cloth of the dress clings rather clingily to her when wet too.

"I don't know!" Lily answers, turning back to look at the lake. "A giant concussion like that...it could be something d-shifting in...something really big. That could be what caused the lake to just rise up and swallow us too! If something big fell into the water..."

She squints, scanning for signs of what might have happened.

"Did you see anything?"

Kai takes the hand and notices Lily's clinging clothing, but quickly tries to put it from his mind. "It was strange, it looked like some sort of ship." Standing on the ground, he lays a hand to the pulsing hilt of Senbonzakura. "Whatever it is, it is putting out alot of spiritual power."

Kai takes the hand and notices Lily's clinging clothing, but quickly tries to put it from his mind. "It was strange, it looked like some sort of ship." Standing on the ground, he lays a hand to the pulsing hilt of Senbonzakura. "Whatever it is, it is putting out alot of spiritual power."

Lawrence nearly fell from his seat when the alarms started sounding. His reflexes caught him and he landed on his hands and knees. The artificial gravity from the ship was being overpowered by the planet he was falling towards causing him to slide slowly forwards. He attempted to dig his claws into the ground but ended frantically flailing as he slid into the control console. He stood up, feeling nauseous. His eyes glanced toward the window, not registering what he was falling towards. His ears angled backwards as he scrambled to gain control of the ship. "No.. no no no !" He yelled.

He felt the impact crumble the front of the ship. His eyes were closed and he was nearly hyperventilating. He did not want to be here, in this lake. His body was frozen as his eyes crept open. There was water leaking in near his feet and he shrieked. He moved suddenly, jumping to the back of the ship, which could now be considered up. The vehicle was beginning its slow descent to the bottom of the lake. He gripped the door handle and was hanging down. The ships power was non-existent and the door seemed to be jammed. Lawrence felt like he was going to cry. He dropped and landed on the windshield. His eyes were watering as he closed them. He could feel the water creeping up, slowly coming towards him. He concentrated his spirit and his energy. There was a crackle and a gleaming red robot seemed to spark into existence.

They were silent for moments. The robot looked down at the cat boy, and the cat boy looked up at him. The robots wings were made of tubes of metal and wires, and golden energy seeped from his torso. Suddenly the robot grabbed Lawrence and punched the glass. It began to crack than caved in. Water was pouring in all around them. If Lawrence were capable of saying anything, it would be a scream. The robot ventured into the darkness of the water to, only seconds later, burst into the air. In no time at all they were on the land. Lawrence only had his wet clothes on his back, the katana strapped to his torso, and the robot that just blinked away from existence. He realized that he was alive and out of the water. He saw two figures, so he shouted to them, none of which was coherent.

Lawrence nearly fell from his seat when the alarms started sounding. His reflexes caught him and he landed on his hands and knees. The artificial gravity from the ship was being overpowered by the planet he was falling towards causing him to slide slowly forwards. He attempted to dig his claws into the ground but ended frantically flailing as he slid into the control console. He stood up, feeling nauseous. His eyes glanced toward the window, not registering what he was falling towards. His ears angled backwards as he scrambled to gain control of the ship. "No.. no no no !" He yelled.

He felt the impact crumble the front of the ship. His eyes were closed and he was nearly hyperventilating. He did not want to be here, in this lake. His body was frozen as his eyes crept open. There was water leaking in near his feet and he shrieked. He moved suddenly, jumping to the back of the ship, which could now be considered up. The vehicle was beginning its slow descent to the bottom of the lake. He gripped the door handle and was hanging down. The ships power was non-existent and the door seemed to be jammed. Lawrence felt like he was going to cry. He dropped and landed on the windshield. His eyes were watering as he closed them. He could feel the water creeping up, slowly coming towards him. He concentrated his spirit and his energy. There was a crackle and a gleaming red robot seemed to spark into existence.

They were silent for moments. The robot looked down at the cat boy, and the cat boy looked up at him. The robots wings were made of tubes of metal and wires, and golden energy seeped from his torso. Suddenly the robot grabbed Lawrence and punched the glass. It began to crack than caved in. Water was pouring in all around them. If Lawrence were capable of saying anything, it would be a scream. The robot ventured into the darkness of the water to, only seconds later, burst into the air. In no time at all they were on the land. Lawrence only had his wet clothes on his back, the katana strapped to his torso, and the robot that just blinked away from existence. He realized that he was alive and out of the water. He saw two figures, so he shouted to them, none of which was coherent.

Kai watches the spectacle withe the appearance of the robot, then it's vanishing leaving behind a human figure. He looks to Lily and nods. "Sounds like he may need some help. Let's do it."

He reached to Lily with one hand, while the other never left the hilt of Zenbonzakura, just in case.

Kai watches the spectacle withe the appearance of the robot, then it's vanishing leaving behind a human figure. He looks to Lily and nods. "Sounds like he may need some help. Let's do it."

He reached to Lily with one hand, while the other never left the hilt of Zenbonzakura, just in case.

Lily nods and takes his hand, then starts to lift off...but suddenly stops and looks at Kai in alarm. "Ratheros! Is she..."

She breaks off when a wet, trembling little nose pokes out of Kai's soaked kimono. With a relieved grin, she resumes...easily lifting Kai a few feet off the ground and whisking forward across lake and shore alike towards the calling figure.

She lands in front of him and gasps.

"You're a...Hiroga?!"

Lily nods and takes his hand, then starts to lift off...but suddenly stops and looks at Kai in alarm. "Ratheros! Is she..."

She breaks off when a wet, trembling little nose pokes out of Kai's soaked kimono. With a relieved grin, she resumes...easily lifting Kai a few feet off the ground and whisking forward across lake and shore alike towards the calling figure.

She lands in front of him and gasps.

"You're a...Hiroga?!"

Growler has his back to the main body of the lake while the ship crashes down. The wave sent out by the crash splashes into Growler hard. He is thrown forward several feet, near to where his clothes and weapon lay. When his head clears, Growler crawls over to his neat little pile, and takes up the Guan Do. He stands and whirls around, looking for the source of the wave. After a short time of looking around, he spots the new arrival with the Katana on his back. Growler shifts into his man-bear form and jogs over to the cat-boy. His weapon is out and the man-bear is clearly not in a good mood. The fur on his legs is wet and gives off an odor like a wet dog, but muskier. He levels his Guan do at the new arrival, and in a gravely, deep, voice says, "Who are you, and why are you here? Who do you serve? Do you serve the Shards? Speak quickly and wisely."

Growler has his back to the main body of the lake while the ship crashes down. The wave sent out by the crash splashes into Growler hard. He is thrown forward several feet, near to where his clothes and weapon lay. When his head clears, Growler crawls over to his neat little pile, and takes up the Guan Do. He stands and whirls around, looking for the source of the wave. After a short time of looking around, he spots the new arrival with the Katana on his back. Growler shifts into his man-bear form and jogs over to the cat-boy. His weapon is out and the man-bear is clearly not in a good mood. The fur on his legs is wet and gives off an odor like a wet dog, but muskier. He levels his Guan do at the new arrival, and in a gravely, deep, voice says, "Who are you, and why are you here? Who do you serve? Do you serve the Shards? Speak quickly and wisely."

Lawrence shook, trying to get the excess water off of him. Water creeped him out. The two seemed to respond to his yell and it was downhill from there. They flew over to him and Lawrence stepped back. "I.. uh.. " He laughed nervously and that was before she asked the question. It caught him off guard and he was still recovering from the summoning.

He took a long look at her, realizing who he was looking at and what she was wearing. It was in that moment he also realized he was wearing a white shirt, and the dots through it can be seen perfectly. He was about to respond to Lily when he heard the footsteps approaching. It was a man-bear, and it was lumbering towards him. He nearly shit his pants when it raised a weapon towards him and spoke. "Ahh!" He yelled as he jumped backwards. It was as wise as he could be.

"I.. uh.. Who are the shards? I'm Lawrence Thebes and I'm here on Earth to find.. " He paused for a minute and took a look at Lily. "To find someone."

Lawrence shook, trying to get the excess water off of him. Water creeped him out. The two seemed to respond to his yell and it was downhill from there. They flew over to him and Lawrence stepped back. "I.. uh.. " He laughed nervously and that was before she asked the question. It caught him off guard and he was still recovering from the summoning.

He took a long look at her, realizing who he was looking at and what she was wearing. It was in that moment he also realized he was wearing a white shirt, and the dots through it can be seen perfectly. He was about to respond to Lily when he heard the footsteps approaching. It was a man-bear, and it was lumbering towards him. He nearly shit his pants when it raised a weapon towards him and spoke. "Ahh!" He yelled as he jumped backwards. It was as wise as he could be.

"I.. uh.. Who are the shards? I'm Lawrence Thebes and I'm here on Earth to find.. " He paused for a minute and took a look at Lily. "To find someone."

Thebes seems to calm down. Slightly. His eyes still glance at Growler but his attention is on Lily. "Really? From what I heard it looks just like it."

He moves slowly so that everyone can see what he is doing, trying not to be perceived as a threat. He lifts the sword off of his back and lays it on the ground beside him. "As I said, my name is Lawrence Thebes, and I am in the employ of the Dalaraan Empire. I was sent to find you, Lily." He looks down to the water and shivers a bit. "My official orders are down there if you want them."

Thebes seems to calm down. Slightly. His eyes still glance at Growler but his attention is on Lily. "Really? From what I heard it looks just like it."

He moves slowly so that everyone can see what he is doing, trying not to be perceived as a threat. He lifts the sword off of his back and lays it on the ground beside him. "As I said, my name is Lawrence Thebes, and I am in the employ of the Dalaraan Empire. I was sent to find you, Lily." He looks down to the water and shivers a bit. "My official orders are down there if you want them."

"Find me?" Lily asks, even more surprised. "But...I got a message saying he wasn't sending any help."

She looks at the water and seems about ready to dive in before she finally realizes what's become of her dress. With a startled squawk, she clutches her arms around her chest and her cheeks color violet.

"These...I'm not really..." she stammers, then musters as much dignity as she can to say to Kai, "I'm going to change into my Satoshi clothes, until this dries."

"Growler, can you swim?"

"Find me?" Lily asks, even more surprised. "But...I got a message saying he wasn't sending any help."

She looks at the water and seems about ready to dive in before she finally realizes what's become of her dress. With a startled squawk, she clutches her arms around her chest and her cheeks color violet.

"These...I'm not really..." she stammers, then musters as much dignity as she can to say to Kai, "I'm going to change into my Satoshi clothes, until this dries."

"Growler, can you swim?"

Kai nods and quickly runs back to camp to get Lily's clothing. Re returns in a few minutes with a towel and a dry set of clothing. "Here Lily. The three of us will remain here, There's a secluded area not to far from here on the path back to camp. The three of us will remain here while you change."

Kai nods and quickly runs back to camp to get Lily's clothing. Re returns in a few minutes with a towel and a dry set of clothing. "Here Lily. The three of us will remain here, There's a secluded area not to far from here on the path back to camp. The three of us will remain here while you change."

Lawrence nodded. He was embarassed to see Lily so embarassed, realizing that in retrospect he should have mentioned something. He began trying to squeeze his hair dry but stopped when he found that it was just making the rest of him even more wet. "I'm going to go get some wood for a fire. I don't want to catch a cold and this water is bugging me." He paused for a moment than spoke with a smile. "Now, you won't kill me for that, will you?"

Lawrence nodded. He was embarassed to see Lily so embarassed, realizing that in retrospect he should have mentioned something. He began trying to squeeze his hair dry but stopped when he found that it was just making the rest of him even more wet. "I'm going to go get some wood for a fire. I don't want to catch a cold and this water is bugging me." He paused for a moment than spoke with a smile. "Now, you won't kill me for that, will you?"

Lily raises an eyebrow, then grins. "I guess not. This time. Hey, why don't you guys just all go back to camp instead of waiting around here? There's probably a fire there by now. I can grab your orders and get dressed and bring them back."

Lily raises an eyebrow, then grins. "I guess not. This time. Hey, why don't you guys just all go back to camp instead of waiting around here? There's probably a fire there by now. I can grab your orders and get dressed and bring them back."

Lawrence nods. He wondered if she remembered him from their days at the Academy. They were never really friends, but they'd met several times. He began thinking about what else was on the ship and if he needed anything. "Find the window thats been busted out.. or at least the main window. On the left side of the chamber is a small door. Inside you'll find a pack.. it'd be best to just bring the pack itself. I got some extra clothes, and thats where the orders are. It SHOULD be water tight."

Lawrence nods. He wondered if she remembered him from their days at the Academy. They were never really friends, but they'd met several times. He began thinking about what else was on the ship and if he needed anything. "Find the window thats been busted out.. or at least the main window. On the left side of the chamber is a small door. Inside you'll find a pack.. it'd be best to just bring the pack itself. I got some extra clothes, and thats where the orders are. It SHOULD be water tight."

Valerie didn't know what to say, so she just did what came naturally. She extended her arms and hugged Ibis.

"You don't have to say anything Ibis." Valerie held tight onto Ibis, "You have us Ibis, don't for a second think you are alone." Valerie couldn't help but shed a tear for Ibis, she truly understood what it was ot feel alone in life with no one to turn to.

"You got me to cover your back Ibis."

Valerie didn't know what to say, so she just did what came naturally. She extended her arms and hugged Ibis.

"You don't have to say anything Ibis." Valerie held tight onto Ibis, "You have us Ibis, don't for a second think you are alone." Valerie couldn't help but shed a tear for Ibis, she truly understood what it was ot feel alone in life with no one to turn to.

"You got me to cover your back Ibis."

"Hai," Lily replies smartly.

As the others start to go, and she unrolls her uniform, Lily calls to Lawrence, her face clearly worried, "Hey...one thing. Is my...is the Emperor all right? And the others, my little brother and sister. Were they all right?"

Archived