Aberrant: In the Beginning - Chapter 1- "Fiat Lux!"

Titan

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klaus tries again to focus on Michael, but just mutters something in German that is garbled even if you did speak the language. He tries to look around but as he does his eyes roll back in his head and he looses consciousness again. He drifts in and out during the rest of the flight but never attempts to change back into his 'other' form again. His vitals are pretty bad by the time you arrive at the manor. Dr. Rashoud and a team of others are waiting on the lawn ready to rush the patient into surgery if necessary, but on examining him they realize there are no wounds and that it is only the illness causing the difficulties. As they start off toward the building with Officer Sheffield following unhappily, Rashoud pauses and looks at the group just as the sun rises over the horizon shining its golden light on the tired but triumphant novas. He grins and quickly removes a small camera from his pocket and snaps a picture, then says, "Thank you all. You've saved a number of lives tonight not the least of which is this man. I know you are all tired and want some sleep so please grab a few hours then join us for lunch. We should know more about Klaus' condition by then.

Later that day the doctors report that Klaus is doing a bit better and has stabilized and hasn't tried to kill anyone.

Klaus tries again to focus on Michael, but just mutters something in German that is garbled even if you did speak the language. He tries to look around but as he does his eyes roll back in his head and he looses consciousness again. He drifts in and out during the rest of the flight but never attempts to change back into his 'other' form again. His vitals are pretty bad by the time you arrive at the manor. Dr. Rashoud and a team of others are waiting on the lawn ready to rush the patient into surgery if necessary, but on examining him they realize there are no wounds and that it is only the illness causing the difficulties. As they start off toward the building with Officer Sheffield following unhappily, Rashoud pauses and looks at the group just as the sun rises over the horizon shining its golden light on the tired but triumphant novas. He grins and quickly removes a small camera from his pocket and snaps a picture, then says, "Thank you all. You've saved a number of lives tonight not the least of which is this man. I know you are all tired and want some sleep so please grab a few hours then join us for lunch. We should know more about Klaus' condition by then.

Later that day the doctors report that Klaus is doing a bit better and has stabilized and hasn't tried to kill anyone.

Caryn looks at everyone, then back at the patient. "I don't know guys, don't you think we should hang out around that guy? What if he wakes up again, like he did in the hospital, those doctors are defenseless against him." She says.

She starts walking towards the building, following them inside. Then turns back towards Michael, "What do you think? He's the most dangerous person I've seen or heard of so far." Caryn says to him.

Caryn looks at everyone, then back at the patient. "I don't know guys, don't you think we should hang out around that guy? What if he wakes up again, like he did in the hospital, those doctors are defenseless against him." She says.

She starts walking towards the building, following them inside. Then turns back towards Michael, "What do you think? He's the most dangerous person I've seen or heard of so far." Caryn says to him.

Michael considers Caryn's request. She had a point about the danger

he posed.

"Yes, a watch is a good idea. If you wish, I'll watch him for a couple of hours, then you can relieve me. Maybe we can find Shelby to help us out."

He moves towards the group of doctors fussing over their latest patient.

"As long as that is acceptable for you, Dr. Rashoud?"

Michael considers Caryn's request. She had a point about the danger

he posed.

"Yes, a watch is a good idea. If you wish, I'll watch him for a couple of hours, then you can relieve me. Maybe we can find Shelby to help us out."

He moves towards the group of doctors fussing over their latest patient.

"As long as that is acceptable for you, Dr. Rashoud?"

The doctor looked up his train of thought obviously already on the patient and treatment options. "Um, yes, that is likely a good idea, make whatever arrangements you feel appropriate, just don't get in our way."

The doctors moved Klaus into what you are all too familiar with now as the testing facility where they have their best diagnostic equipment. Once inside they hooked the patient up to IV drips and monitors of every imaginable kind. After a short time and a consultation between Rashoud and Mazarin they decided it was safe to administer Adrenocilin and Mox as well as a hefty shot of antibiotics strong enough to cleanse an elephant. Luckily Michael is easily able to find a nice comfortable chair and procure it for the duration.

The doctor looked up his train of thought obviously already on the patient and treatment options. "Um, yes, that is likely a good idea, make whatever arrangements you feel appropriate, just don't get in our way."

The doctors moved Klaus into what you are all too familiar with now as the testing facility where they have their best diagnostic equipment. Once inside they hooked the patient up to IV drips and monitors of every imaginable kind. After a short time and a consultation between Rashoud and Mazarin they decided it was safe to administer Adrenocilin and Mox as well as a hefty shot of antibiotics strong enough to cleanse an elephant. Luckily Michael is easily able to find a nice comfortable chair and procure it for the duration.

"Sure! Some company would be much appreciated."

It'll help me stay awake. He thought Now that the adrenaline is wearing off the early morning is starting to get to me.

"The good chairs are in the storage closet across from the MRI room. Just haul one out."

He taps the blue padded chair he sits on for emphasis and waits for Nathans return.

"Sure! Some company would be much appreciated."

It'll help me stay awake. He thought Now that the adrenaline is wearing off the early morning is starting to get to me.

"The good chairs are in the storage closet across from the MRI room. Just haul one out."

He taps the blue padded chair he sits on for emphasis and waits for Nathans return.

Before Nathan comes back with a chair, Juno pads in wearing an oversized T-shirt with a picture of Big Ben on the front and a pair of dark blue sweatpants. She gives Michael a nod as she sits down on the floor alongside his chair.

"Hey," she says, watching Klaus studiously. Or maybe just avoiding looking at him.

Before Nathan comes back with a chair, Juno pads in wearing an oversized T-shirt with a picture of Big Ben on the front and a pair of dark blue sweatpants. She gives Michael a nod as she sits down on the floor alongside his chair.

"Hey," she says, watching Klaus studiously. Or maybe just avoiding looking at him.

Caryn tries to relax in her room. After an hour of lying awake she jumps up and throws her clothes back on. She walks in the room where Klaus is being held. "What, I wasn't invited to the party?" Caryn says jokingly as she walks towards Michael, Juno and Nathan.

"So, what did I miss?" She asks. Caryn finds a chair and moves it over next to Nathan, smiling at him while she sits.

"I couldn't sleep, this guy gives me the creeps." She says.

Caryn tries to relax in her room. After an hour of lying awake she jumps up and throws her clothes back on. She walks in the room where Klaus is being held. "What, I wasn't invited to the party?" Caryn says jokingly as she walks towards Michael, Juno and Nathan.

"So, what did I miss?" She asks. Caryn finds a chair and moves it over next to Nathan, smiling at him while she sits.

"I couldn't sleep, this guy gives me the creeps." She says.

Michael grins at the spontaneous gathering in the medical room. He reaches down next to his chair and picks up a blue thermos off the tiled floor.

"Well, I've got the coffee for our impromptu meeting. Only one mug though..."

Michael frowns for a moment, then shrugs.

"Regardless, I appreciate the company. Its been uneventful, the doctors have given our German friend some adrenocilin and something else called mox-o-something. He's out like a light."

He leans back in the padded chair, stretching out kinks in his neck. Despite his pleasant tone and smiling face, he seems drained and tired, a stark comparison to the vibrant Michael of the past few days. It's hard to say if this fatigue comes from a physical source or a mental one.

Michael grins at the spontaneous gathering in the medical room. He reaches down next to his chair and picks up a blue thermos off the tiled floor.

"Well, I've got the coffee for our impromptu meeting. Only one mug though..."

Michael frowns for a moment, then shrugs.

"Regardless, I appreciate the company. Its been uneventful, the doctors have given our German friend some adrenocilin and something else called mox-o-something. He's out like a light."

He leans back in the padded chair, stretching out kinks in his neck. Despite his pleasant tone and smiling face, he seems drained and tired, a stark comparison to the vibrant Michael of the past few days. It's hard to say if this fatigue comes from a physical source or a mental one.

Juno sighs and scowls into her hand when Caryn comes in. She then stands up and says, "Probably don't need all of us to watch him. I'm outies."

She gives Michael's shoulder a pat as she passes and adds, "You should go to bed." For some weird reason, her cheeks redden after saying that, and she hurries out.

Juno sighs and scowls into her hand when Caryn comes in. She then stands up and says, "Probably don't need all of us to watch him. I'm outies."

She gives Michael's shoulder a pat as she passes and adds, "You should go to bed." For some weird reason, her cheeks redden after saying that, and she hurries out.

"Huh." Nathan cocks an eyebrow at Juno as she leaves.

"Well, anyways. We got him. Now what do we do with him? I don't know a jail that can hold a guy like this. And keeping him drugged for the rest of his life seems cruel and unusual."

"Huh." Nathan cocks an eyebrow at Juno as she leaves.

"Well, anyways. We got him. Now what do we do with him? I don't know a jail that can hold a guy like this. And keeping him drugged for the rest of his life seems cruel and unusual."

Caryn looks at Juno walking away. "Yeah Michael, maybe you should go to bed, Nathan and I can keep each other company." Caryn says still watching Juno.

She looks at Nathan when Juno walks out of the room. "Did I do something?" Caryn Asks him.

Caryn comforts herself in the seat.

Caryn looks at Juno walking away. "Yeah Michael, maybe you should go to bed, Nathan and I can keep each other company." Caryn says still watching Juno.

She looks at Nathan when Juno walks out of the room. "Did I do something?" Caryn Asks him.

Caryn comforts herself in the seat.

Fang eased into the room after in the silence, taking the last chair in the room and scooting it so that it was behind both Nathan and Michael's chairs. They were running out of room for their little cluster meeting. "How is he?" she asked, nodding at Klaus. "And how are the two of you?"

Fang quietly studied Nathan's hair, quietly admiring the red color. It was such an unusual color; she found it hard not to stare.

Fang eased into the room after in the silence, taking the last chair in the room and scooting it so that it was behind both Nathan and Michael's chairs. They were running out of room for their little cluster meeting. "How is he?" she asked, nodding at Klaus. "And how are the two of you?"

Fang quietly studied Nathan's hair, quietly admiring the red color. It was such an unusual color; she found it hard not to stare.

Michael watches Juno leave. He is worried about the young woman, she's being saddled with a lot of responsibility all at once. He turns his attention back to the group at Fangs entrance. He looks over his shoulder at her when she takes the seat.

"Hello Fang. I'm doing alright. Just a little worn out."

He scoots his chair back and turns it slightly so he can face the others.

"I think we all did a good job today. Thanks to Fang it was safe and easy, but we were all prepared in the event it went bad. I am a little concerned that his is going to become a regular thing. Are we going to be called in whenever a New Human erupts? Or becomes violent? Are we going to be some kind of New Human Special Forces?"

He leans back, his face grim.

"It's like Nathan and Fang were saying: people are going to use their powers for themselves and self interest isn't a bad thing... but do we want the responsibility of being a police force?"

Michael watches Juno leave. He is worried about the young woman, she's being saddled with a lot of responsibility all at once. He turns his attention back to the group at Fangs entrance. He looks over his shoulder at her when she takes the seat.

"Hello Fang. I'm doing alright. Just a little worn out."

He scoots his chair back and turns it slightly so he can face the others.

"I think we all did a good job today. Thanks to Fang it was safe and easy, but we were all prepared in the event it went bad. I am a little concerned that his is going to become a regular thing. Are we going to be called in whenever a New Human erupts? Or becomes violent? Are we going to be some kind of New Human Special Forces?"

He leans back, his face grim.

"It's like Nathan and Fang were saying: people are going to use their powers for themselves and self interest isn't a bad thing... but do we want the responsibility of being a police force?"

Caryn sits up in her chair. "It's not like we HAVE to do this, We can go about our business but this is a very dangerous man. They have not given us a specific job yet so I guess until they do we just have to do what comes natural to us now." Caryn says to Michael.

She begins to stand "I understand how you feel though, So maybe we should just leave this guy alone." Caryn says again as she starts to head for the door.

Caryn sits up in her chair. "It's not like we HAVE to do this, We can go about our business but this is a very dangerous man. They have not given us a specific job yet so I guess until they do we just have to do what comes natural to us now." Caryn says to Michael.

She begins to stand "I understand how you feel though, So maybe we should just leave this guy alone." Caryn says again as she starts to head for the door.

Officer Sheffield frowned at the comment, "He should serve time for those he killed, but I will be surprised if it happens. I've seen this sort of thing before. He wasn't in his right mind when he committed the crimes, not even completely aware of his surroundings, definitely hallucinating. I saw some of it myself and I think his barrister will claim hospital negligence or some such. If he'd been properly restrained and proper precautions taken it wouldn't have happened. Complete bollocks of course, but I'll bet you a fiver that he never serves a day."

Officer Sheffield frowned at the comment, "He should serve time for those he killed, but I will be surprised if it happens. I've seen this sort of thing before. He wasn't in his right mind when he committed the crimes, not even completely aware of his surroundings, definitely hallucinating. I saw some of it myself and I think his barrister will claim hospital negligence or some such. If he'd been properly restrained and proper precautions taken it wouldn't have happened. Complete bollocks of course, but I'll bet you a fiver that he never serves a day."

One thing that kind of sucked about getting up in the middle of the night for Juno was that she couldn't get back to sleep. Fatigue built up to a certain point...and then vanished as her body adjusted to it. As she stalked to the cafeteria, Juno felt as clear and well rested as if she'd just slept a week. It sucked because there was nothing to DO except wander around and berate herself for being such an idiot.

Naturally the cafeteria was dark and empty at this hour, but this wasn't the first time she'd been through this. She climbed up onto the breakfast bar and pried the sliding panel that came down over it up. It wouldn't go up MUCH...but it was enough to get her head and shoulders under if she didn't mind some pulled hair. Then it was just a matter of squirming the rest of herself through. In the vast kitchen were restaurant-sized containers of various foods...a walk in freezer...food enough for fifty times the people who actually stayed at the Aeon campus. But novas ate a LOT.

There in the dark, Juno made a sandwich. It distracted her from how she'd just made a complete fool of herself. Sadly, it didn't distract her from WHY she'd made a fool of herself...which was a face. A face lined in fire, burned into her eyes now like the afterimage from a camera flash.

...ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle...mayo on bread...level 2...

Goose pimples ran up her arms and down her back when she thought about it, no matter how much she tried to focus on the sandwich. Her hand ached...it was the hand she'd touched him with.

She'd just wanted to talk to him alone for a second. It was so easy to think of what he'd say. He'd say, "Juno, I just wanted to thank you for that glove idea," and she'd go, "Hey, it wasn't anything...the Chinese girl's the one that brought him down," and he'd be all, "Yeah, but she's kind of creepy and besides she's not nearly as helpful, or as hot as you are," and she'd go, "...you really think I'm hot?" and he'd totally be all, "Let me show you."

...turkey...lettuce...pickle...shit.

Juno stared down at her half-built sandwich, sitting forlornly on the counter with its guts all spilled out from where she'd accidentally knocked the top off. That's kind of how she felt too.

Maybe...two sandwiches.

One thing that kind of sucked about getting up in the middle of the night for Juno was that she couldn't get back to sleep. Fatigue built up to a certain point...and then vanished as her body adjusted to it. As she stalked to the cafeteria, Juno felt as clear and well rested as if she'd just slept a week. It sucked because there was nothing to DO except wander around and berate herself for being such an idiot.

Naturally the cafeteria was dark and empty at this hour, but this wasn't the first time she'd been through this. She climbed up onto the breakfast bar and pried the sliding panel that came down over it up. It wouldn't go up MUCH...but it was enough to get her head and shoulders under if she didn't mind some pulled hair. Then it was just a matter of squirming the rest of herself through. In the vast kitchen were restaurant-sized containers of various foods...a walk in freezer...food enough for fifty times the people who actually stayed at the Aeon campus. But novas ate a LOT.

There in the dark, Juno made a sandwich. It distracted her from how she'd just made a complete fool of herself. Sadly, it didn't distract her from WHY she'd made a fool of herself...which was a face. A face lined in fire, burned into her eyes now like the afterimage from a camera flash.

...ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle...mayo on bread...level 2...

Goose pimples ran up her arms and down her back when she thought about it, no matter how much she tried to focus on the sandwich. Her hand ached...it was the hand she'd touched him with.

She'd just wanted to talk to him alone for a second. It was so easy to think of what he'd say. He'd say, "Juno, I just wanted to thank you for that glove idea," and she'd go, "Hey, it wasn't anything...the Chinese girl's the one that brought him down," and he'd be all, "Yeah, but she's kind of creepy and besides she's not nearly as helpful, or as hot as you are," and she'd go, "...you really think I'm hot?" and he'd totally be all, "Let me show you."

...turkey...lettuce...pickle...shit.

Juno stared down at her half-built sandwich, sitting forlornly on the counter with its guts all spilled out from where she'd accidentally knocked the top off. That's kind of how she felt too.

Maybe...two sandwiches.

Archived