Aberrant: In the Beginning - Chapter 1- "Fiat Lux!"

Titan

"I thought you were just gonna shut his powers off."

Fang glanced over at Juno, her expression coming close to matching the girl's. "So did I," she said softly, pushing herself off the door. "Apparently, the powers were keeping him conscious." She frowned. "He could be very sick." Impatiently, she waited for Michael and Caryn to secure the German.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I thought you were just gonna shut his powers off."

Fang glanced over at Juno, her expression coming close to matching the girl's. "So did I," she said softly, pushing herself off the door. "Apparently, the powers were keeping him conscious." She frowned. "He could be very sick." Impatiently, she waited for Michael and Caryn to secure the German.

Michael gets Caryn to help him lift the man back onto the hospital bed.

"I think we need to either get some of the doctors from the Æon Society here or get this man to them. He's obviously in a lot of pain and confused, almost deranged. He's a danger to himself and others."

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
"Get some gloves on him!"

"Good idea. Caryn, please see if you can find some surgical gloves for him. It may not help but..."

He shrugs before turning towards the door and calling back:

"Officers! He is unconsious! Please inform the staff so these other patients can get their treatments!"

Michael gets Caryn to help him lift the man back onto the hospital bed.

"I think we need to either get some of the doctors from the Æon Society here or get this man to them. He's obviously in a lot of pain and confused, almost deranged. He's a danger to himself and others."

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
"Get some gloves on him!"

"Good idea. Caryn, please see if you can find some surgical gloves for him. It may not help but..."

He shrugs before turning towards the door and calling back:

"Officers! He is unconsious! Please inform the staff so these other patients can get their treatments!"

Caryn is still amazed at how easy it is to lift the man.

Wow, all this strength.

She keeps her eyes on the man, no way of telling if he is awake or not since his eyes are no longer there. She tries to keep within arms reach of Michael just incase there's any sudden movement of the man .

Caryn is still amazed at how easy it is to lift the man.

Wow, all this strength.

She keeps her eyes on the man, no way of telling if he is awake or not since his eyes are no longer there. She tries to keep within arms reach of Michael just incase there's any sudden movement of the man .

With the barricades down and the news that the mad man was under control, doctors and nurses surged forward to aid the living patients checking vitals and administering over due medicines. An orderly thrusts a box of surgical gloves at Michael in passing while police bustle about the room drawing chalk lines and taking photos of the dead in case charges are to be pressed. It is only a matter of seconds to get gloves on the unconscious nova and wrap him blankets so that he is restrained but not bound.

One of the doctors shouts for orderlies, "We need to get the bodies out of here and the ward cleared. All these germs you people are bringing in here is bad for the surviors. Move it!"

This doesn't go over very well with an officious police inspector who is loudly grumbling about the scene of the crime being disturbed and how it ought to be cleared. When the doctor bellows, he responds, "It's you people that ought to be clearing out. This is a crime scene and murder has been done here, and you lot are contaminating the evidence!"

It escalates into a shouting match with the Policeman threatening to haul in the Doctor and the doctor threating to have the policemans badge if he doesn't clear his louse ridden henchmen out of his ICU. Understanding that he just might lose more than the shouting match if he doesn't let the doctors do their thing he turns his attention on the one other group that he just might be able to deal with. You.

"'Ere, now. Where do you think you're going wif that man? He's a murderer and needs to be taken in."

With the barricades down and the news that the mad man was under control, doctors and nurses surged forward to aid the living patients checking vitals and administering over due medicines. An orderly thrusts a box of surgical gloves at Michael in passing while police bustle about the room drawing chalk lines and taking photos of the dead in case charges are to be pressed. It is only a matter of seconds to get gloves on the unconscious nova and wrap him blankets so that he is restrained but not bound.

One of the doctors shouts for orderlies, "We need to get the bodies out of here and the ward cleared. All these germs you people are bringing in here is bad for the surviors. Move it!"

This doesn't go over very well with an officious police inspector who is loudly grumbling about the scene of the crime being disturbed and how it ought to be cleared. When the doctor bellows, he responds, "It's you people that ought to be clearing out. This is a crime scene and murder has been done here, and you lot are contaminating the evidence!"

It escalates into a shouting match with the Policeman threatening to haul in the Doctor and the doctor threating to have the policemans badge if he doesn't clear his louse ridden henchmen out of his ICU. Understanding that he just might lose more than the shouting match if he doesn't let the doctors do their thing he turns his attention on the one other group that he just might be able to deal with. You.

"'Ere, now. Where do you think you're going wif that man? He's a murderer and needs to be taken in."

"We have a place for him sir, trust us. I am also a fellow officer, the only place that he can go is the Aeon Society, we have to transport him there quickly." Caryn explains to officer.

Saying this, she never takes her eyes off of the man. She begins to take a glove out of the box they threw at Michael and places them on the mans hands.

"Michael, should we lift him again? We need to take him to the Aeon society, perhaps they have a room that can keep his powers turned off somehow.. or at least get the doctors to look at him while he's unconscious." She says.

"We have a place for him sir, trust us. I am also a fellow officer, the only place that he can go is the Aeon Society, we have to transport him there quickly." Caryn explains to officer.

Saying this, she never takes her eyes off of the man. She begins to take a glove out of the box they threw at Michael and places them on the mans hands.

"Michael, should we lift him again? We need to take him to the Aeon society, perhaps they have a room that can keep his powers turned off somehow.. or at least get the doctors to look at him while he's unconscious." She says.

Michael nods at Caryn.

"I agree."

Michael notices that the officer is beginning to turn some interesting shades of purple. He straightens and puts on the most official tone he can muster. However, he refrains from dipping into the power he used on the helicopter, still concerned by the effect it had on Juno.

"Officer, let me assure you, we are not taking this man so he can escape justice, but if he can kill with a touch and dodge bullets he needs to be isolated and examined, taken somewhere he cannot easily escape. Believe me, the Aeon Society will be contacting you with further information. We are not outside the law."

Michael nods at Caryn.

"I agree."

Michael notices that the officer is beginning to turn some interesting shades of purple. He straightens and puts on the most official tone he can muster. However, he refrains from dipping into the power he used on the helicopter, still concerned by the effect it had on Juno.

"Officer, let me assure you, we are not taking this man so he can escape justice, but if he can kill with a touch and dodge bullets he needs to be isolated and examined, taken somewhere he cannot easily escape. Believe me, the Aeon Society will be contacting you with further information. We are not outside the law."

The officer looked like he was going to protest but then looked around the room at the dead bodies and back at the man then nodded. "Rouight, I can understand that, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to send a man wif you to ensure that this Kliesner bloke is given the due process. No offense, but this is all very irregular and if I hadn't been told you lot were coming to deal wif him," he points to Klaus, "I'd 'ave told you to shove off. As it is I'll be in for a long questioning about this." He turns to a junior officer, "You, Sheffield, go wif this lot and make sure 'is rights don't get violated and that 'e don't escape."

The young officer snaps to attention and responds sharply, "Yes sir!" When the senior officer turns his back the mans face gets a sour look obviously not pleased to be given an assignment of indefinite duration, but he quickly moves into position near the prisoner and looks professional as he addresses Michael and Caryn, "Right, if he might still be dangerous, let's get him where he can be secured and looked at by the doctors. Where is this Aeon Society and how long will it take to get there?"

The officer looked like he was going to protest but then looked around the room at the dead bodies and back at the man then nodded. "Rouight, I can understand that, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to send a man wif you to ensure that this Kliesner bloke is given the due process. No offense, but this is all very irregular and if I hadn't been told you lot were coming to deal wif him," he points to Klaus, "I'd 'ave told you to shove off. As it is I'll be in for a long questioning about this." He turns to a junior officer, "You, Sheffield, go wif this lot and make sure 'is rights don't get violated and that 'e don't escape."

The young officer snaps to attention and responds sharply, "Yes sir!" When the senior officer turns his back the mans face gets a sour look obviously not pleased to be given an assignment of indefinite duration, but he quickly moves into position near the prisoner and looks professional as he addresses Michael and Caryn, "Right, if he might still be dangerous, let's get him where he can be secured and looked at by the doctors. Where is this Aeon Society and how long will it take to get there?"

Juno shakes her head ruefully.

"Boy, I'm sure glad they got me up at one in the morning for this," she gripes. "God knows we wouldn't have had a chance if I hadn't been here to...move beds and shit."

Shaking her head, she heads for the door.

"Out here," she calls to the cop wearily as she goes. "Get to the chopper."

Juno shakes her head ruefully.

"Boy, I'm sure glad they got me up at one in the morning for this," she gripes. "God knows we wouldn't have had a chance if I hadn't been here to...move beds and shit."

Shaking her head, she heads for the door.

Caryn begins to pick the man back up again. "What if I hold him and make just he and I intangible?" Caryn asks towards Michael.

"Just to be safe, in case he is giving off anything when we touch him." She says again.

Caryn begins to pick the man back up again. "What if I hold him and make just he and I intangible?" Caryn asks towards Michael.

"Just to be safe, in case he is giving off anything when we touch him." She says again.

Michael agrees.

"Thats a good idea. You can handle yourself and I want this man treated with the maximum caution and care."

Originally Posted By: Juno

"Yes officer, we have a helocopter on the roof. We will be moving to the Aeon building ASAP."

After taking a final look around, making sure everyone is ready, he follows the intangible Caryn towards the exit.

Michael agrees.

"Thats a good idea. You can handle yourself and I want this man treated with the maximum caution and care."

Originally Posted By: Juno

"Yes officer, we have a helocopter on the roof. We will be moving to the Aeon building ASAP."

After taking a final look around, making sure everyone is ready, he follows the intangible Caryn towards the exit.

The officer follows along with the rest trying to keep the insubstantial pair in sight. After everyone boards the chopper and it takes flight out of the city Officer Sheffield starts to look uncomfortable then as the last of the city lights fade into the distance behind, he asks, "You said we are going to the Aeon building, where exactly is that building? Cardiff is back that way..." He points in the direction from which you've come. The copilot explains that you are heading to London to which the officer frowns. "So much for breakfast with the Missus, and I suspect I'll be lucky to be back in Cardiff at all tomorrow." He sighs and settles back to wait out the flight.

About one hour into the flight Fang starts to look a little nervous and puts her hands to her head focusing on the patient, or prisoner depending on your viewpoint. As the others look again the unconscious form you notice that his face is transforming back into it's skeletal visage, but just as quickly reverts to human. Despite being fully human again he does stir and his eyes flicker open, but he looks confused and disoriented.

The officer follows along with the rest trying to keep the insubstantial pair in sight. After everyone boards the chopper and it takes flight out of the city Officer Sheffield starts to look uncomfortable then as the last of the city lights fade into the distance behind, he asks, "You said we are going to the Aeon building, where exactly is that building? Cardiff is back that way..." He points in the direction from which you've come. The copilot explains that you are heading to London to which the officer frowns. "So much for breakfast with the Missus, and I suspect I'll be lucky to be back in Cardiff at all tomorrow." He sighs and settles back to wait out the flight.

About one hour into the flight Fang starts to look a little nervous and puts her hands to her head focusing on the patient, or prisoner depending on your viewpoint. As the others look again the unconscious form you notice that his face is transforming back into it's skeletal visage, but just as quickly reverts to human. Despite being fully human again he does stir and his eyes flicker open, but he looks confused and disoriented.

The man blinks in confusion, and tries to look around but obviously can't really focus. He looks back at Juno and spits at her feebly and misses, then says, "Dirty bitch! Ich tought ich Sie getötet. Sie verdienen zu sterben!" (I tought I killed you, you deserve to die.) He struggles in Cayrn's grasp trying to get at Juno, but in his weakened state he isn't much of a challenge to hold onto.

The man blinks in confusion, and tries to look around but obviously can't really focus. He looks back at Juno and spits at her feebly and misses, then says, "Dirty bitch! Ich tought ich Sie getötet. Sie verdienen zu sterben!" (I tought I killed you, you deserve to die.) He struggles in Cayrn's grasp trying to get at Juno, but in his weakened state he isn't much of a challenge to hold onto.

Michael unstraps himself from his seat and carefully moves towards the medical bed. He grabs one of the metal bars that serves as fencing for stability and leans over the struggling man, trying to catch his attention.

I hope this guy speaks english, because I don't speak german.

"Mr. Kleisner! No one is trying to hurt you. Please, calm down!"

Michael unstraps himself from his seat and carefully moves towards the medical bed. He grabs one of the metal bars that serves as fencing for stability and leans over the struggling man, trying to catch his attention.

I hope this guy speaks english, because I don't speak german.

"Mr. Kleisner! No one is trying to hurt you. Please, calm down!"

Caryn reaches her hands out and touches the man, making him intangible. "I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to make sure you cause no more harm." She says as she puts her hands on him.

He probably doesn't even understand me.

Caryn reaches her hands out and touches the man, making him intangible. "I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to make sure you cause no more harm." She says as she puts her hands on him.

He probably doesn't even understand me.

The ranting shuts off like it never happened as he tries to focus on Michael. For a moment he seems marginally more lucid, in broken English, "Who you? Where I am?" He looks confused again and say, "Ich war tot, war nicht ich? Ich habe versucht zu sterben ... Ich wollte sterben. (I was dead, wasn't I? I tried to die... I wanted to die.)

___

(OOC: Please forgive any errors in the German, I am using Google translator and I have no idea if it is translating correctly.)

The ranting shuts off like it never happened as he tries to focus on Michael. For a moment he seems marginally more lucid, in broken English, "Who you? Where I am?" He looks confused again and say, "Ich war tot, war nicht ich? Ich habe versucht zu sterben ... Ich wollte sterben. (I was dead, wasn't I? I tried to die... I wanted to die.)

___

(OOC: Please forgive any errors in the German, I am using Google translator and I have no idea if it is translating correctly.)

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
"Who you? Where I am?"

Thank God. He speaks english and is at least somewhat lucid.

"My name is Michael Peters. We are transporting via helicopter you to a medical facility to help you."

He continues to speak in a calm voice.

"What do you remember?"

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
"Who you? Where I am?"

Thank God. He speaks english and is at least somewhat lucid.

"My name is Michael Peters. We are transporting via helicopter you to a medical facility to help you."

He continues to speak in a calm voice.

"What do you remember?"

Archived