Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Ikaris

Justin OOC

Lily frowns at Valerie.

"Who said anything about bailing out? We -can't- bail out. Stop telling me to calm down when I'm already perfectly calm."

"Anyway, Earth hasn't really been holding the Empire off. The Imperial fleet around Earth has mostly been to keep the Federation from pulling exactly this kind of stunt. The only thing I don't get is why they'd be moving that many people. You don't need thirty or forty colony ships just to colonize a world."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You move a ton of people to colonize a ton of places. What has Satoshi been doing with Takashi? You think the Dalaraan's just want another plant? They want earth becuse of it's gates to different worlds."

Valerie shrugs off Lily's anger at her. "Why fly through the universe colonizing planets, when you can go through a portal a colonize a new planet from the comodity of your newly acquiered planet?"

Ibis is taken aback by the shorter student's comment. "I was merely answering the question asked. I did offer to wait until later. That said is it not better to know now while a plan can be formed, or would you prefer I'd waited until it happened to reveal the knowledge of it?"

"No, I agree," Lily says to Ibis. "This is kind of...'extra' time, it seems to me. We can get a lot of planning done, and go back instantly, basically. That makes this the perfect time to talk about this."

She peers at Valerie, honestly confused.

"Val...are you okay? You're acting kind of...odd."

Ibis cracks a smile. "Honestly if we just wanted to get this over with I don't see why we aren't using the Meteor and Asterion to travel. The meteor is caple of supersonic speeds easily, as my Asterion and I think we might all fit in the cockpits of them. Though if what you're saying about Kai losing his powers has occurred, it may be wise to go ahead and summon the Mecha and make sure that they're functioning properly. I'd hate to need them and have them suprise us by not coming."

She looks to Saito, "You want to go first, or should I?"

"A rapid means of transport would be a lot better than wandering through a forest." Georgi nods to Saito with a small grin on his face.

"As for planning for the Circinus fleet, I have an idea." He was now looking at the others. "We can mine earth's orbit with nukes. The ambient background radiation of space, should obscure the radioactive signature of the bombs. When the fleet arrives, we wait until it is right on top of the nukes. Then we vaporize them."

With a big smile on his face he looks at Lily. "Then we have the Dalaraan and Satosi ships open up on what's left."

Saito nods.

"True, a means of rapid transit would be more beneficial."

Saito looked around the area with a paranoid look on his face.

"However, I do not think that it is wise for us to call out giant robots without knowing the area. Not only that, but we might attract unwanted attention from some of the larger inhabitants of this world and without the proper briefings on those creatures then I am not calling the Meteor.

Saito looks around for Growler but sees that he is not here.

"I will wait for Growler to return and give us a run down on the local creatures."

Lily shakes her head at Georgi dubiously.

"Even if we could hide nuclear devices, I don't think they'd be as effective as you're hoping. In space there's no atmosphere to transmit heat or concussion. A nuke can still do damage, but it'd be a lot less effective than otherwise."

"Besides..." she winces. "There's colony ships. Civilians. We can't just slaughter them all. Military invasion is one thing, but unarmed transports of colonists..."

"I just don't know, Coach. Remember we haven't -got- any Dalaraan ships. Mine's still just a seed. Satoshi has the three battleships and that's it. They're powerful, but there's ten thousand Federation ships, most of which have fighters and mechas the equal of Saito's... A military victory may not be the way to go on this."

Saito listens to Lily's comments.

"Unfortunately, we are away from our base of operations at the moment and what little information that we have on Circinus can only be gained from first hand accounts from those who have fought the Federation and the small amounts that might be available in the computer systems of the Asterion".

Georgi has a distant look in his eyes as he adresses Ibis's comments. "Those nukes are fusion devices. Each one will explode into a miniature sun. That fleet will not withstand several thousand stars bursting in their midst."

His expresion becomes cold and his voice takes on a matter of fact tone. "As for their colony ships." Georgi spits on the ground. "Without their colonists, there will be little need for them to take the earth."

Ibis looks at Georgi with a stare that could melt Battleship plate. "I can understand where nuking our arkships would be seen as "in kind" for what may occur, But I will have no part of such action and actively fight against it."

She draws herself up to her full five'eight height and nods. "I was ordered to defend Earth, and I'll do that, but I will not be party to genocide, by any faction."

She regards Saito and nods. "Perhaps you're right. We can aske when he returns and summon them then. Even so I still feel a little naked without Asterion. It'd be too easy for something big to suprise us and we'd be caught without two thirds of our combat force."

"Georgi...I've studied aerospace tactics in the Dalaraan academy. I'm serious," Lily says. "The energy output of the explosion...bah, it doesn't matter. I can't condone destroying the colony ships. And even if you did, if the rest of the fleet was still there, they'd still boil Earth just out of retribution."

"But you know, I'm just thinking...neither the Dalaraan nor the Federation have much ability to visit other dimensions. Maybe if we help here, we can GET help to take back with us!"

Thirty minutes pass and Kai and Growler return, along with a horse and cart that can easily carry them all. In the back are provisions and clothing. "We're back." Kai has his normal grin on his face as he steps down from the cart. He passes out clothing to Lily, Ibis, Valerie, Saito, and Georgi.

"You can go change, but be quick, ther's a group of bandits nearby and we need to keep a low profile and blend in as we continue on to the Dragonspine."

He realizes what he said. "Ladies on one side of the cart, guys on the other, and don't worry nobody will peek, right guys?" He looks at each of the men, an innocent yet almost sinister smile on his face. It seemed to say "No one will look, or else."

Lily takes her clothes and holds them up to get a look. Simple blue and white dress, with a blue vest and a belt. Rustic make, probably woven and dyed plant fiber. Hand stitched. Sturdy shoes of cured hide.

"Cute," she decides. "Pants would be more practical if I have to fly, but...this is cute. Thanks, Kai."

She gives him a smile, then retreats behind the wagon. Her head is visible over the top of it as she shrugs out of the Satoshi jumpsuit she's wearing and puts on the medieval costume.

2aca78.png

Saito begins to change into the more primitive gear but stops to respond to Growler's comment.

"No need to worry about that sir, it was actually one of my jobs back home to prevent situations from developing in the female changing areas."

Georgi didn't care who he changed around. It the Russian military, men and women frequently dressed and undressed in eachother's presence. Out of concern for the women in the group, he changed with the other men.

The outfit fit well enough, if a little odd smelling. His top was a white cotton undershirt with a leather tunic. The bottoms were made of simple woolen cloth that had been dyied a light brown. If anything, the outfit would blend in with some of the local terrain. As for protection; it wouldn't stop a blunt arrow.

Ibis takes the outfit, a red and brown dress similar to Lily's and joins her on the other side. "Thank you Kai." She smiles at Saito's comment.. "Ever the white Knight isn't he? You should have gotten the Weisritter, not the Meteor, Saito, I swear."

Kai nods. "Saito's always been one to defend the women of Jindai High, I think that's why President Hayami gave him the Task Force."

He looks to Georgi. "Sorry coach, but the fare for clothing for men isn't very varried. This was the best we could manage."

Val takes her clothing from the cart and proceeds to stand besides Lily a pink skirt with a whie top, a woven white sash around her waist with cured leather shoes and a handkerchief to go around her head.

"Heee, it's pretty." Val twirls to test the weight of the skirt to see if it would interfere with her flight. "Functional too." Val stashes the SdZ on her sash. "The shoes could use a bit more color though." Val sits on the side of the cart as she waits for the rest to finish their change.

"White knight, hm?" Lily asks, not quite getting the reference. She looks over at Saito and calls with a joking tone and a grin, "Hey, Saito...let me get this straight. They put a boy in charge of watching the girl's locker room?"

She smirks. "Should I be embarrassed?"

Saito shakes his head at Lily's comment.

"No need to be embarrassed Miss Lily, my job was to set up booby traps for any would be Peeping Toms and if need be, remove them by force. I never actually entered the female changing area while school was in session and even then it was just to assess the strategic values of the restricted area."

"He means stuff like tripwires for pits, automated paintball guns and electrified doors." Val smiles as she talks to Lily about Saito's exploits.

"Hayami-dono let Saito get away with a lot of things, but you wouldn't believe the amount of people he caught! Archery club has always had a debt to Saito for his work on campus."

Saito shakes his head at Valarie's comment.

"No need think that way Miss Valarie, I was only doing my job. But yes, those were my standard defences, all non-lethal but more than enough to discourage any would be violators."

A slight chuckle could be heard from Georgi. "I was almost caught up in one of your traps. Once. It happened right after I started as PE coach." Georgi didn't look at all ashamed. "I was called to the girl's locker room to break up a fight."

"I remember asking you, so I could avoid them the next time two girls fought over some boy."

Once everyone was finished, Kai Climbed up onto the Driver's platform and motioned for everyone to get in. It took a few moments to get everyone in and get situated, but soon they were all on their way again.

"We're going to bypass this town since we no longer need to stock up, We'll make camp on the other side, there's a large lake about thirty miles off, and we'll stop there for tonight. Tomorrow will head on to Hanafubuki, the last big town before the Dragonspine. Sound good to everyone?"

Kai's voice was one of the happy go lucky teenager, not someone who'd seen his hometown and nation destroyed.

(((OOC there's froom for 3 of you on each side of the large cart and 1 by Kai. Choose who sits where and we'll go from there if you all wish to continue talking on the journey, otherwise we'll call an end to this part and I'll move us along.)))

Lily moves quickly, though tries to look nonchalant about it. She wafts up, over the cart in a quick flight-assisted arc that's much faster than someone could climb up there without any help.

Without a comment, she lands sitting down next to Kai.

Kai looks to Lily and smiles. He'd had a feeling the alien princess would sit next to him. Indeed he'd actually kinda hoped for it. "Whatever's in store for us, I know we're going to make it through this and go home. Then' we'll deal with the mess we've got back there."

Lily nods.

"And everyone remember to keep an eye out for anything that we might be able to use back home. Any kind of...weapon or magic or something that could give us an edge. Great Tsunami knows we could use one."

Georgi pulls out his rifle and carries it in the low-ready, with the muzzle pointing at the ground. He takes up position on the left, in the rear. He has carefully hidden his pistol underneath his tunic. He is also within reach of the wagon should he need a place to stash his rifle. Sometimes it was better to look like you were unarmed.

Valerie sits right behind Lily, silently contemplating the scenery as it passes by. "Say Lily, what kind of wildlife is there in your planet? is it anything like Earth?" asks Valerie backhandedly, trying to make time pass faster.

"I'm not too familiar with all the animals on Earth," Lily admits. She then scoops Ratheros out of her lap, where he'd settled once she sat down, and twists around to proudly hold him out towards Valerie.

"Do you have little guys like this on Earth?"

(OOC Note - Ratheros is a 'cabbit,' to an earthling. Looks like an incredibly cute, somewhat pudgy cat with big rabbitine ears. Dark grey in color, with thin yellow stripes going up his sides and across his back.)

"Of course, he's really my ship, but there's animals that look like him back home. And there's all kinds of things. Great flying obbjeb and herds of skwibs. There's these bugs called gabbi that are kind of like huge mosquitos only they have tail stings instead of the tube mouths. They're bright orange and about as big across as my hand. There's the tonja, which are reptiles that stand about a meter tall and run on their hind legs. They move in big packs, and hunt all kinds of animals. They're really clever...sometimes they even use leaves and things to disguise themselves when they're stalking."

"He is so cute!" Valerie takes Ratheros from Lily and holds it to her chest. Looking towards Lily with expectation Val holds the Cabbit to her chest like one would a puppy or a kitty.

"Your world rounds really cool and dangerouse, no wonder your species evolved like you did, survival of the fittest and all that." Val puts Ratheros on her lap and plays with him.

"What would you consider 'something useful'?"

Lily watches the cabbit warily for a moment, but Ratheros makes a chirping, cooing noise and snuggles adorably when Valerie holds him. Lily relaxes and answers Val's question.

"Something that could stop, or at least slow down ten thousand Federation warships would be a good start," she comments wryly. "Or shield the planet from neutronal bombardment. Or both."

Kai nods. "Yeah, something like that."

Inwardly he was upset because he'd lost the one ability that made him special. His companions were all beyond mere humans, and he had lost the one thing supernatural he could do. It shouldn't bother him, but it did.

((OOC This will end this Session 5 CP to everyone. I will post the next part tonight and we'll go from there.))

Archived