Aberrant: In the Beginning - Table Talk- In the Beginning

Titan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fahrenheit is trying not to make a total ass of herself while staying at Count Os...

I'm hoping to win him as an ally and establish a first loose powerbase/coalition kind of thing until more gets revealed.

Initially I had loads of stuff prepared and philosophied about with Darklighter (if anyone has some magical summon-Darklighter abilities please use them know, I'd really appreciate his return) and hope to find a way to continue from that point on. Generally Fahrenheit will work on being the movements "Face" and scout for potential recruits/allies.

Max- either you or Dawn, whenever, would be cool. Just so I know what was really happening.

Fahrenheit- I have all those notes from DL in my PMs, so if you want to go ahead with those plans (though many if not most of them will take decades to even begin to implement), then you are welcome to.

Originally Posted By: Titan

Fahrenheit- I have all those notes from DL in my PMs, so if you want to go ahead with those plans (though many if not most of them will take decades to even begin to implement), then you are welcome to.

Very good - I kept those PMs, too. I know those are long term plans but considering parts of the story were taking place in the future it did help getting a good feel of how the INA should/will be.

Anyway - things can always change, of course - but you know the general plan smile

Joe was in the future training on the use of his powers as well as trying to figure out exactly what had happened and what he could do to change it (either in the future or in the past). He had agreed to train up and help them in the future.

Back in his time, he'd try to get 'the lay of the land', trying to figure out where everybody he'd met was and what they were currently doing (Sascha/Fahrenheit, Juno, Slider, Pax, Leviathan, etc.). While doing this he will also try and find out about things like Project Utopia, T2M, and other organizations that he heard about. Basically he'll be trying to fit what he learned with where he is.

Fahrenheit - Thank you.

Nathan - Done. PM me the changes, please.

Joe - Thank you.

Will have something for you all, probably in one large post, sometime this evening. I may not touch on every thing that I wish to, though every character should get an idea of a- what their character probably knows, and b- an inkling of where you might be headed next. Keep em coming, if you know something I don't.

Ok. There it is, the glossing over of the conclusion to Chapter 2. Hopefully it is entertaining. Even more hopefully, it gets us to a place where we can begin this anew. I want you to like it, but even if you don't, it was the best I could do.

I'm wiped. We'll start real posts tomorrow.

Thanks guys. Now that we have rocketed through some complicated stuff, I want to slow waaay down, and take our time for a while to explore some other issues that novus might be dealing with. I will get some posts up for everyone today to play off of. My assumption is that Rich and Fahrenheit are solo at this point, and everyone else is at the Aeon Facility, for now. If anyone wants to break off and go solo, please let me know. It's good to be back, and the world of ItB is enveloping me once again in her warm embrace.

Ok, first off, great post. I really enjoyed reading it. One problem that I noticed though... I don't know hardly anything more about what happened to Joe (specifically) than I did before (when you posted that he would have appeared in London, at Trafalgar Square, with many Aeon Novus and staff nearby).

Just a little more specific info (even if it's just in a PM) would be great. Which team was he was on? How did they do? You know, just a few more details.

Unless of course you were going to put all of that in the next post that you were talking about. Either way, great start (and happy B-Day!)!

Yes. I re-read it today, and my first thought was that a couple of characters got shortchanged. I wanted to tell it all from NPC POV, but as the night grew on, I realized that it was going to take too long, and I didn't want to ask you guys for another day (Although I'm pretty sure I could have without any real problems) to finish it. So, like Inigo Montoya, I just sum up.

Joe was on the strike team that boarded the Galatea's Child. He was in a support role, but he and the others from the past were crucial in facing NUFU when they attempted to re-board. Because they were unexpected. When Rich 'Power Grid' Stevenson 'ported onto the station, and Slider's portal overcame her, all the Pasties, including Joe, were thrown back to Trafalgar Square.

Anyone who wants more details, or didn't get what happened because of too much glossing, please don't hesitate to ask. Alternately, if you want to create the specifics of what happened, and include them in your story, I won't object.

Should have something for everyone soon.

Just read the updates - good stuff wink

I feel a bit like an addict, kinda heady and almost nauseated but still good. I can feel it coming back now - that feeling I used to have each time I read one of your posts. This is big - and it's going to become huge. I just wished Darklighter was around.

So Joe knows nothing of the Pax's fight or them being switched (I'm guessing from what I read that FuturePax got shot back and PastPax crashed with the space station) or of their 'success'.

*nods*

So... Trafalgar Square, there were already Novas and Aeon people already there, we showed up, some weird stuff happened with time flow, once the dust settled we all went 'home' (back to Aeon)? Am I correct?

All already answered. Thanks, and great job. It's great to be back.

In case anyone is wondering, I am trying to get away from the paradigm of "Oh Noes! Here is a situation, and you all must jump in an participate!" I really want to give every character a chance to explore the things that they want to do, rather than force them down a path. We had the wrap up, to get us here, and that will be fine for some, and seem forced to others. Use what you want from that, and ignore what you don't. I won't mind, and I won't force you down a storyline that you don't want, at this point. Things will be happening around and relating to the characters, but their participation will be entirely up to you. The world is yours, I will just try to keep up.

This is fun! Why did I wait so long?!?

There's a lot of inactive players and a lot of new ones. Do you think we could archive the old Players Thread and rehash it anew with a more up to date list?

And... didn't we all get like 30XP for each month you were gone? <.< >.>

Hey Fahren- I'm gonna retcon my last post, to reflect your naked fiery glory, which I had somehow forgotten even though that was the entire point. After I retcon, I will post a reply. I'm just telling you so that you will check the previous post for changes once I post again in your thread.

I see that Fahrenheit is just as impulsively atypical as ever! wink

Anyone who is in the same general area as someone else is welcome to notice the other character, or not- interact with them, or not- exactly as pleases you. Talk to them, smack them around, ignore their existance, whatever. I will most likely not mention their presence. This is certainly not because I don't want you to interact. It is because that interaction is up to you.

That being said, it occurs to me to mention that everyone's involvement in the 'Chapter 3' thread is up to you, as well. It was simply convenient to me to separate by location at the beginning. From there, it can go anywhere. You can go or do anything you like. Just do it. If, at any time, you want to move your tale to your individual thread, simply make your next post in that thread, or tell me and I will post there instead of the Chapter thread. It is entirely up to each of you, and will be fine with me whichever you choose.

There are things going on, wherever you go. Disasters. Hate filled people. Acts of charity. Technological Breakthroughs. Death. Life. And there you are, a god. That's chapter three in a nutshell.

No Mal. No Pax. Just you. And everybody else (Me).

Just wanted to clarify. Carry on!

Right now Joe is trying to get onto/get info on T2M. He'll probably ignore anybody else that comes into the cafeteria, unless they speak to him first or have on a nametag that says 'T2M Director' or manager, supervisor, adviser, coordinator, etc.

That's his most current goal. Then he's going to try and track down his future sifu.

But thanks for the heads up.

Archived