Trinity RPG - Two more silly questions....

Ptesan-Wi

1. Is the netbook Trinity Field Report: Noetic Science considered to be a canon source for the purpose of N!Prime?

2. The aforementioned netbook mentions an enhanced lifespan for Psions (25% longer than standard, plus benefits from certain Aptitudes). Would this extended lifespan apply to a Psiad as well, or is it a product of the Prometheus tank?

And yes: I'm trying to figure out what sort of natural lifespan Thoughtwave can expect to have.

Not cannon - that's an Eon Online fan supplement.

It also arguably would apply only to a psion, not a psiad, since it is presumably the result of the genetic tweaking that the tank does to its subjects (also granting a few extra Attribute dots, for instance). I haven't read the ebook, though, so it may be explained as coming from somewhere else.

Choices:

1) TFR: NS.

2) Standard Nova default without Mega-Stamina (in the Mega-Stamina section?).

3) Baseline Human.

Personally I'd go with #2. There's a fair amount of cannon evidence that Psi types live longer even if it isn't quite on point.

I also don't really trust the 'tanks'. I wouldn't put it past their builders to put something in there to shorten life spans.

Darned if I know. I can look it up for Psions tonight in Trinity, but it's left rather undefined for Psiads (which only appear in the Aberrant Players Guide). That said, even if Psiads can, all Thoughtwave could manage - even if she maxes out her Stamina - would be a whopping 2 Lethal soak; Psiads can't have Mega-Physical stats or any of the associated Enhancements. In other words, even if they can, they effectively can't when one considers the kind of Lethal mojo that most of the N!Prime novas have at their beck and call.

Considering I'm away from my books and this is off hand, but...

As I recall, in cannon, Psions do age more slowly. I seem to recall the one of the Proxy's wives ageing more quickly they he, and some of them are extremely spry for their age. Having said that, I don't think we have cannon rules for this.

In addition, I don't recall whether or not Psiads have those three free stamina ability dice (aren't Psions resistant to disease?) If they do then it lends weight towards them being a little tougher and having some of the standard nova package (which would include a doubled lifespan).

On the other hand I do remember something to the effect that Psiads are NOT as tough as novas (but whether this means they can't soak lethal or whether it means they can't buy the soaking powers is a coin flip).

I would say that Thoughtwave has the generic 150 year life span but I'm not saying that with any degree of certainty.

• 4 months later...

The proxy in question is Alex Cassel. His wife Elaine looks older than he does.

As for psion aging, there would be an exception for vitakinetics and even biokinetics. The nature of their aptitudes means that they'll likely enjoy much longer lifespans. In one of the Darkness Revealed books it mentions how vitakinetics can smoke cigarettes and not be effected by the tobacco. Other psions probably age just a little better than their neutral counterparts.

For a psiad, I would assume they have the same aging as neutrals/baselines. The Prometheus Chamber is probably what gives psions their better aging (remember, it gives them two extra Attribute dots as well) and psiads have not undergone that process.

There is an optional rule in Trinity to use a Lethal soak. But officially, psions don't get a Lethal soak. Psiads might, at ST permission, simply because of the powers that novas/aberrants are throwing around. It wouldn't really be fair to a psiad player if they had no Lethal soak whatsoever if they're constantly dealing with novas/aberrants.

Well that certainly provides evidence that he could do it. Are we assuming here that Whitley has been traveling forward with Max or that his personal aging process has been slowed?

This has me thinking, if Whitley was/is around in all three eras working high up in the Æon leadership shouldn't he have been in a place to help prevent the policy changes which led to some of the mistakes during the Aberrant & Trinity eras?

Well, read page 57 of the Aberrant Player's Guide. That page is a journal entry made by Whit, presumably in 2015. He's complaining about how Aeon has turned into something counter to what it once was.

This is a little strange though...by 2015, Whit has to be about 100 years old.

As for psiads and mesmerists, they are different. There seems to be some debate as to whether or not mesmerists effect psi energy, or whether they affect telluric energy (which then effects psi energy). The important question here is whether telluric energy actually existed, or if the energy itself was nonexistant and just a 1920's way of interpretting psi and quantum. Either way, mesmerists still had powers different than psiad powers. They were much less powerful, for one. Another important difference is that while psions and psiads seem to be "in tune" with the universe, mesmerists probably don't feel any different than they did before changing.

It's possible that as the "telluric" energies died down, mesmerists either disappeared or became psiads. That's up to a ST I would think. But remember that the Venezuelan Phenomenon has also somehow made it possible for mesmerists (and the other Inspired) to appear. Mesmerists will now appear alongside psiads.

What exactly is the Venezuelan Phenomenon? I've heard it compared to the Hammersmith Incident?

Point taken on the difference between mesmerist and psiads. It is rather ambiguous. I guess I always assumed that telluric energy was what they were calling quatum and psi at the time.

As for Whitley, I've always assumed that Max kept him from aging so that he could hang around and watch over things, while Max was bouncing around time. However, another option is to give him Stamina 5 and a Mesmerist version of Optimized Metabolism. With this he would have age just 4 years [1 year per Stamina x 10 years] from 1920 to 2120. I personally don't like this option. I honestly can't find any justification to allow a mesmerist to take a level two dynamic knack, unless it was the result of a gadget.

Quote:
What exactly is the Venezuelan Phenomenon? I've heard it compared to the Hammersmith Incident?
Basically something like the Hammersmith incident. Where the N! Day event was focused by Divis Mal to be largely in the quatum strata the Hammersmith incident and the Venezuelan Phenom (a.k.a. Process 419) Were evenly spread across the Quantum and Psi strata. As far as how and why it happened we are not 100% sure but assume it had something to do with a Norça research project.

Quote:
I personally don't like this option. I honestly can't find any justification to allow a mesmerist to take a level two dynamic knack, unless it was the result of a gadget.
I would say that based on the Biokinesis powers in the books if Whitley had a decent amount of Adaptation mode dots he would be able to slow down his aging process and gain a greatly extended lifespan. Keep in mind that high level biokinetics can be reduced to a bloody pulp and still survive (though it takes a while to regenerate after that).

Quote:
Blue Thunder: The proxy in question is Alex Cassel. His wife Elaine looks older than he does.
I'm not sure the proxies are normal psions. Also one of the developers mentioned a few months ago that the proxy's have some Dyon (spell?) DNA (or other modification) and don't need to worry about getting old anytime soon. He didn't say that they don't age, just that all of them being as old as they are isn't a big concern.

RE: Whitley
What makes us think he is a Mesmerist?

RE: Mesmerist.
I think they use Psi, but that doesn't make them Psiads any more than Stalwards are Novas.

It appears there are multiple flavors of Q users (Nova, Aberrant, Superior, Stalwart), and apparently Psi users (Mesmerist, Psion, Psiad) as well.

The implication is that there could be other flavors out there as well.

*meh* I don't see why Stalwarts would be Novas but Mesmerists wouldn't be Psi-users. We know that the first is true; Micheal Donigal <sp?> becomes Divis Mal and proves that. The only real reason we don't say the same for the Mesmerist/Psion/Psiad Connnection is the lack of an NPC who clearly connects the dots for us.

I certainly respect your opinion and that of Blue Thunder but it seems (to me) like an over-complication of the universe to assume that there is some OTHER group out there beyond the 4 already identified, Daredevils (normal humans with exceptional skills), psi users, quantum users, and Max Mercer (who is literally in a class of his own).

Quote:
Originally posted by David 'Dr. Troll' Smith:
RE: Whitley
What makes us think he is a Mesmerist?
I seems to recall he possesses some of the mesmerist knacks, my books aren't handy but I'm pretty certain he is a Mesmerist.

Quote:
RE: Mesmerist.
I think they use Psi, but that doesn't make them Psiads any more than Stalwards are Novas.

It appears there are multiple flavors of Q users (Nova, Aberrant, Superior, Stalwart), and apparently Psi users (Mesmerist, Psion, Psiad) as well.

The implication is that there could be other flavors out there as well.
OK I see where you are going with this ( I think) are you implying that Mal was never actually a Stalwart but was a Nova from the get go?

That is what I was going to say about Mal as well. There may be connection in how they operate but that doesn't mean that they're the same thing.

In Asia Ascendent(just got it) you have novas, stalwarts, mesmerist, and psiads all appearing concurrently. This would imply that there is more than just a linear connection between the groups; meaning that mesmerist aren't merely proto-psiads but are their own enities.

And yes, It say that Whitley is a mesmerist in the Heros & Villains section of Adventure!

P.S. I love typing the ! in Adventure!

Quote:
I guess I always assumed that telluric energy was what they were calling quatum and psi at the time.
It very well may be. We just don't know for sure. Some think telluric energy exists, and it serves as the medium through which stalwarts and mesmerists effect quantum and psi. But many people also think that telluric energy doesn't exist and is just the term used by the scientists of the era that didn't quite understand what they were studying.

Quote:
It happens after the Trinity timeline has started. In a Norca research facility in Venezuela on August 3, 2122 (I think) a wave of energy similar to the Hammersmith Wave is created.

This wave is more powerful though.

Everything in the immediate vicinity of the area is covered in snow. All around the world strange psionic and quantum phenomenon occur. Psiads / proto-psions start to appear (their existence up until this point has only been rumor). The number of tainted novas (Aberrants) that erupt increases a lot, but there are also reports of sane novas erupting, which is a first. There are also cases of Inspired appearing, but they are largely undocumented...especially daredevils.

Most importantly of all to players though, is that the psionic medium through which psions use their powers has been rewritten. Psions must relearn all of their techniques to accomodate this change is the noetic strata (or whatever). Also, some psions seem to grow more powerful after the wave hits, and others seem to lose their powers.

The wave also had two specific effects on continuity.

The first is that the telepathy proxy, Rebecca Bue Li, was suffering from a sickness when the wave hit. The strain was too much and her body died. Now, her mind lives on as a kind of psionic "ghost" inhabiting the bodies of her closest advisors.

The second effect is that clairsentients can no longer see into the past before the wave hit. The rewriting of the noetic medium makes it impossible. Before the wave hit, clairsentients couldn't see into the future beyond the date when the wave would hit. This led many clears to think the world was going to end. But it was just the wave.

Quote:
I would say that based on the Biokinesis powers in the books if Whitley had a decent amount of Adaptation mode dots he would be able to slow down his aging process and gain a greatly extended lifespan. Keep in mind that high level biokinetics can be reduced to a bloody pulp and still survive (though it takes a while to regenerate after that).
Personally, I think vitakinesis sounds more logical. Vitakinesis lends itself more to health than biokinesis does.

Quote:
I also prefer the simplicity of Mercer keeping him alive. It doesn't really take much of an argument. But that's just a testament to my laziness.
I actually agree here. It makes sense too, since Whit is probably the only person Max trusts completely.

Quote:
I'm not sure the proxies are normal psions. Also one of the developers mentioned a few months ago that the proxy's have some Dyon (spell?) DNA (or other modification) and don't need to worry about getting old anytime soon. He didn't say that they don't age, just that all of them being as old as they are isn't a big concern.
Yes, they have Doyen DNA in them. it was revealed in one of the campaign books. They are above and beyond any other psions on the planet. They're likely the most powerful psi-users Earth has ever seen.

Quote:
It appears there are multiple flavors of Q users (Nova, Aberrant, Superior, Stalwart),
Superiors aren't quantum users. They're daredevils, artificially triggered by the Nihonjin government.

Quote:
OK I see where you are going with this ( I think) are you implying that Mal was never actually a Stalwart but was a Nova from the get go?
That's what I've always assumed. The book's description of him makes it sound like he is a 30-point nova.

Quote:
In Asia Ascendent(just got it) you have novas, stalwarts, mesmerist, and psiads all appearing concurrently.
Yes, and it's a huge headache. It's kind of a little too much if you ask me. Trinity is supposed to focus on psions, and now we have every character type from all the material rolled in.

The only good thing I can see from the Venezuelen Phenomenon is that it can eventually lead to that whole "unity" theme of Trinity's setting. In order to defeat the Coalition and The Colony's Aberrants, humanity will have to unite. All the nations, all the psi orders, and even all the alien allies of humanity. And now, we may even see novas and psiads banding together to defend humanity. The new psi order starting in Africa will join in, and eventually the Chitra Bhanu will make a come back.

Holy Headache Batman... ok, so I havent read Trinity... but I am

A. Happy to hear that Daredevils get some love in the future books

B. Curious about how Stalwarts are considered different than Novas (proto-novas)

C. Wondering about the fate of our poor Mr. Whitley Styles, the only seeming sane and consistant character through the whole series

Quote:
...and eventually the Chitra Bhanu will make a come back.
I doubt that, their P-tank was destroyed and the proxy killed, so the only way we'll see Chibs again is if the Doyen freindly to earth decide to try again or if somebody on earth figures out how to build their own P-tanks.

Quote:
Curious about how Stalwarts are considered different than Novas (proto-novas)
To me they are the same just with fewer points but I imagine that they could be looked at as equivalent to the Proto-psions with limited access to the high end Modes and limited access to the higher range of the Quantum trait initially. Possibly also with some outright limits on what powers they can take (maybe no access to level 3 powers until a certain "level" is attained).

Quote:
It happens after the Trinity timeline has started. In a Norca research facility in Venezuela on August 3, 2122 (I think) a wave of energy similar to the Hammersmith Wave is created.
Quote:
2122: Process 418 begins on August 3rd at 2251 hours, as a subquantum wave emanates from Venezuela and envelopes the world, causing a wide variety of weird phenomenon; P. Vaughn Williams commits suicide rather than not know the future, as clairsentients discover that they can no longer sense Earth; The Brasilia Project, the first biological arcology in human space, is finished
What I never got was the following passage:
"P. Vaughn Williams commits suicide rather than not know the future, as clairsentients discover that they can no longer sense Earth"

I just can't make heads or tails of this because it's clear that the ISRA was able to once again see the future AFTER Process 419 but were now cut off from the past.

Quote:
Quote:
2122: Process 418 begins on August 3rd at 2251 hours, as a subquantum wave emanates from Venezuela and envelopes the world, causing a wide variety of weird phenomenon; P. Vaughn Williams commits suicide rather than not know the future, as clairsentients discover that they can no longer sense Earth; The Brasilia Project, the first biological arcology in human space, is finished
"P. Vaughn Williams commits suicide rather than not know the future, as clairsentients discover that they can no longer sense Earth"

I just can't make heads or tails of this because it seems clear that the ISRA was able to once again see the future AFTER Process 419 but were now cut off from the past.

Quote:
I just can't make heads or tails of this because it seems clear that the ISRA was able to once again see the future AFTER Process 419 but were now cut off from the past.
I believe he killed himself just before the event. If I remember correctly, Philip Vaughn Williams spent his time looking into the future for what clears call "gyres." There were rumors that he was suffering from psionic dynfunction and his alcoholism was returning, and I guess the coming effects of the wave were too much for him.

Quote:
Doesn't Primoris say that daredevils are quantum users? They can't manipulate it directly but they do use it. (Adventure! pg 25)
No no, daredevils are most certainly not quantum users. They represent a third path. On pg. 25 Primoris was commenting on how these daredevils seem to subconsciously manipulate reality. Daredevils most certainly do not access quantum energy.

Quote:
B. Curious about how Stalwarts are considered different than Novas (proto-novas)
Taint. Stalwarts don't get any, ever. Perhaps the set-up of their powers is better suited to channeling quantum, or maybe since (or if) they channel telluric energy instead of directly channeling quantum energy they manage to avoid building up Taint.

Quote:
C. Wondering about the fate of our poor Mr. Whitley Styles, the only seeming sane and consistant character through the whole series
He's still alive by 2122 in Trinity. We only know this because there are a set of messages sent between him and Max. The first one says "It's getting about that time" and the other one says "Yep." Or something like that. I think there might have been two more somewhere...

Quote:
I doubt that, their P-tank was destroyed and the proxy killed, so the only way we'll see Chibs again is if the Doyen freindly to earth decide to try again or if somebody on earth figures out how to build their own P-tanks.
Proxy del Fuego actually does have a few pieces of the Quantakinetic tank...enough that eventually, someone could remake the tank. He also has about 5 former Chitra Bhanu working for him. There are about 35 or so of them left scattered throughout the world.

In the fan-made e-book community, there just might be a revival of the Chib's tank...

Papa Norça is one of my all time favorite NPCs, the man literally has his fingers in every possible pot (it's doesn't hurt that he can clone himself).

I knew that the Norça had a few of the rouge Chibs but I was not aware that they had managed to steal away with the important bits of the Chibs P-tank (presumeably the tanks are all similar with just a few unique components).

Quote:
Jameson Bradford: *meh* I don't see why Stalwarts would be Novas but Mesmerists wouldn't be Psi-users. We know that the first is true; Micheal Donigal <sp?> becomes Divis Mal and proves that.
Stalwarts aren't novas. You can call them "pre-novas" or whatever, but although they use Q they aren't as strong and don't have taint. On that subject, an ST I have a lot of respect for suggested that if a Stalwart ever reached Insperation 10 then one thing to do would be to convert him into a Q1 nova.

Although it isn't stated out right, considering the power gap between out-of-the-box Mal and the typical Stalwart, evidence supports the idea that Mal didn't become a Stalwart, he became a nova. I think we have developer confirmation on this, but I don't have any saved messages backing that up.

So yes, Mesmerists are Psi-users, what they are not is psions or psiads.

And psions themselves may yet be able to manipulate other psionic abilities. In Bright Continent, some of the members of the new psionic organization just may have found a way to unlock the ability to use multiple Aptitudes...

But that's all the forshadowing I shall provide on that subject. You guys'll just have to wait until we finish the damn thing at EON. Or start it. Whatever. It's still in the beginning stages, and not much of the actual book has been made; everything so far is planning and discussion.

Kinda, I guess. It hurts my head when I think too hard on it. They're different ways of using the same energy. Kinda like how bicycles and cars both provide transportation, but aren't the same type of vehicle.

Mesmerists can use psi-based powers, yet seem immune to Psionic Backlash and lack an Attunement score. Psiads are just like psions, but can't be as powerful as they are in any one Aptitude; but then they're more versatile since they can have multiple Aptitudes. Psions are very powerful in one Aptitude, but then they can suffer from psionic dysfunction.

Quote:

Luna Rising makes reference to Vision Process File - 418 (which sounds like just a file number referencing the recorded vision itself, and not something to do with the event being foreseen).

Interesting bits;

"Earth might well be destroyed during the reconfiguration of the medium. I (and Herzog) lose the trace of Earth sometime around 2122. We are too far away at this point (remember: the eventual relocation of the Still Point into the newly discovered territories affects clarity), and there is too much else going on to keep track of the cradle planet."

So, the initial 'plan,' presented back in '98, seems to have been for ISRA to take Huruff al-Hayy and go to some 'newly discovered territories.' Given the design of the complex as a self-contained space station, and Otha's oblique references to it as such (despite it currently being an underground facility), it seems that the complex was *designed* around this eventuality! Clearly, only the Upeo Proxy would have the ability to move the entire complex into orbit around these 'new territories,' and her Order of teleporters would be the logical ones to have discovered said territories in the first place, which would have to be more important than Earth to the future of humanity, in Otha's estimation as their mention of being too busy to keep track of the 'cradle planet' suggests. At this point they have more important things to deal with, so much so that the possible destruction of Earth doesn't register as worth changing their agenda for... Whatever challenges decide the future of mankind, apparently Earth is not going to be the center of it.

"Prognosis: Relocation of the Still Point inevitable."

The Still Point is the ISRA Prometheus Tank. So they are taking their toys when they leave.

"Sharifiyya progress still a bit too slow; confirm with HRH as the un-occultation of the 'imam' remains the weak vector in the world stop."

Sharifiyya recruit new Clears. HRH is her royal highness Princess Lila Faoud, head of the Sharifiyya. Un-occultation suggests to bring out of shadow, to un-obscure. So the Clears aren't just looking for new Clears, they are looking for someone in specific, who may or may not be a Clear, but can offer them some sort of guidance or clarity of vision. Max Mercer, or even Whitley Styles fit that bill quite well, since both have a lot of missing puzzle pieces that Otha would like to have in his collection.

"A conclusion similar to that reached by Bhurano. Light seeping out of the universe - subquantum medium emptying - first slowly and then with gradual but inexorable acceleration. Holographic elements become muted and unenthusiastic. Dullness and progressive decay of the vital force. (Koestler and the Darkness at Noon.)"

First, I just gotta say I am torn between loving and hating Robert Scott Martin for writing stuff like this. It's a glorious pain in the ass.

The very source of Psi *as the Orders understand it* seems to be draining away, leaving the reality that ISRAn's in particular see as a shallow coating over a deeper quantum reality as an empty hollow-feeling candy coating over nothingness. Illusions are dying.

The Magic Goes Away.

"Darkness becomes day. Flaring brilliance. Looking into the blue light and finding the sin eater looking back. The Vision of ibn Arabi is significant here, as the creature appears to be flattening Bhurano's 'dimension of the subquantum waveform' itself - something the proxies believe is impossible."

The Magic Comes Back, but *different.*

The proxies understand (i.e. have been TOLD) that Psi and Taint (Quantum) are two different and antithetical forces. Whatever sort of kludge the Doyen did is being undone. Psi and Quantum are both central parts of the substructure of reality. Without mortar, the bricks won't stay in place. Without bricks, the mortar isn't terribly useful either. Whatever is occuring here, the definition of Psi as 'good' and Quantum as 'bad' is going out the window. Reality isn't changing so much as the Psions understanding of reality, but in a quantum world, the observer defines reality, and so this mass shift in perception can have very real effects.

Note that this was written long before a character named Sin-Eater was written up, so I really doubt that the nice Teragen lady has anything to do with flattening any subquantum waveforms. Or perhaps she does. She'd be uniquely suited to change perceptions regarding Taint after all...

• 2 months later...
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
Kinda, I guess. It hurts my head when I think too hard on it. They're different ways of using the same energy. Kinda like how bicycles and cars both provide transportation, but aren't the same type of vehicle.

Mesmerists can use psi-based powers, yet seem immune to Psionic Backlash and lack an Attunement score. Psiads are just like psions, but can't be as powerful as they are in any one Aptitude; but then they're more versatile since they can have multiple Aptitudes. Psions are very powerful in one Aptitude, but then they can suffer from psionic dysfunction.
If I may add to the conversation, here's what I and most of my group worked out re: all the above and then some.

Hammersmith Event: Discovery of Telluric Energy, Max Mercer and Michael Donigal have the closest seats, so get the worst (best?) of the energy wave. Mercer goes on to found Aeon and become the one true Time Traveler (I suspect Daredevil with one very unusual ability) (Time travel out of the APG is not what Mercer does. We consider those to be alternate timelines) and Michael goes on to become Divis Mal. Telluric energy is the true, natural form of Quanta and Psi. Two sides to the same coin. Stalwarts and Mesmerists both use Telluric, and Daredevils may subconsciously access it ("By my Will I set my Mind in motion...").

Events progress. There's a spike of "supernatural" activity during the 70's. Theory is postulated that it's during this time someone figures out the way to split Telluric energy into its component halves, Psi and Quantum. (Divis Mal, perhaps, seeking to further his evolutionary journey?) Wierd world events die down after this...

Until the Galatea explosion in 1998. Divis Mal recreates the Hammersmith experiment, but is specifically focusing energy in such a fashion that it splits Telluric energy into it's two halves and proceeds to allow one to burn off the other...as long as he's present on Earth, the genetic switch that allows one to become special 90% will switch to the most abundant power source available - Quantum energy. Unlike Stalwarts, who use the "proper mix", humans are not meant to channel Quantum raw - hence the Taint. It's also during this time Aeon establishes Max's new baby - Project Pandora, to study the nature of Psychomorphs (aka Psiads, aka Mesmerists). They're very rare, but they're out there. Due to Divis' meddling, Psi is rarer than Quantum, so you have less triggers to Psiad. (World-wise, Psiad and Mesmerist are pretty much the same thing, only difference is the rules systems. Since jumping from an A! game to a T game, I've been using some of the suggestions for Psiads from the APG to houserule Psiads in T.) Along comes the Aberrant War, "Your Legacy is Our Future"...

Cut to Trinity modern day, 2120. Psiads are still extremely rare. Aberrants are pretty rare too, except for the ones already erupted years ago. The Doyen introduced a method to allow humanity to haul itself up by its bootstraps - The Prometheus Chamber. It takes a latent that might one day become Psiad or Nova or what have you, and force switches them to Psion. Unlike Psiads, the Psion can only use one Aptitude, but whereas Psiads tend to be capped at 3, or in very rare cases 4, Psions can go all the way to 5 in their Modes.

Now, in 2122, the Norca and the remaining Chitra Bhanu are working on...something...we never get confirmation on exactly what. Something screws up (or does it?) and goes boom. Hammersmith 2.0. Psi and Quantum are reunited and the wave of power affects everything on the planet. Spontaneous Psiads start popping up, people are using Aberrant abilities completely sans Taint in some ways, and in others they become mercury-skinned, tentacled, psychofreaks as soon as they erupt. (The Nihonjin Superior notice, shrug, and continue going about their business. Being a genetically and cybernetically enhanced Daredevil isn't a bad job, if you can get it.)

So, at the end of the official Trinity timeline, We have three types of "specials", and a couple of branches are split.

Obvious Telluric/Psi users - Psychomorphs: naturally occuring - Psiads (Mesmerist is just an outdated term), created with latents - Psion.

Obvious Telluric Quantum users - Eximorphs:
Naturally occuring - Stalwarts (use Telluric energy, have a maximum cap on power), naturally occuring (created?) but more rare - Novas/Aberrants (mainline Quantum from Telluric energy, but rougher fuel source can have long term costs for the user's body and environs)

Non-obvious Telluric users/ EXTREME neutrals - No classification beyond Daredevil - they just keep popping up like they always have. How much telluric energy never really mattered to them.

I'm not even going to get into a friend's theory that Hammersmith IS Quantum and has a plan for all this. Here's what I'm using in my game, and I'm happy to discuss any other specifics.

Archived