Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Lily and Yua: Inherent power

Justin OOC

Amane lead the two trainees to the secondary Training room on the base.

"Inside this room, we can use our full power without worrying about our surroundings." She leads them inside a room that only looks to be thirty by thirty feet.

"Training Field One Level Request."

"Captain level power protective measures, Dimesional size Thirty kilometer."

"Processing order, order and request acknowledged." The entire area flashed white, and was then relpaced with a forest and large structures of rock rising from parts of the area in one section. "Battlefield setup, You may engage."

Amane walks off from the two of them. "I think first off we're going to have the two you spar with each other. You need to see what the other is capable of. First to five strikes against the other will be declared the winner, now go. Remember, you can pull back the damage of your attacks, there's no need to kill each other in training."

"Well, this sword is not meant to be used on anything except what is trying to kill me. She keeps it sheathed. Lily shall we go hand to hand instead?", she says standing with her back up right. Her distance was kept fair...about ten feet.

She had nothing but respect for the princess. Just the idea of challenging her made the sweat bead on her forehead become highly noticeable. It was the ethics behind the confrontation which made it almost absurd. Would the emperor have forebode it?

It was a question that would be smacked from her mind in an instant if her full attention was not on Lily. Yua had not seen her full potential yet...and she knew it!

((OOC: Yua uses combat technique "Judge Apponent"))

Lily rubs her chin thoughtfully.

"Sure. Since we're just counting hits, not trying to actually hurt each other, I guess that'd be fair."

Inwardly she thinks back to the times she sparred with Hiroga at the Academy.

She'll be faster than me...probably by a lot. I'll have to use d-shifts and flying to keep her off me, and try to keep ahead of her. Hopefully I can get her before I wear myself out.

She nods. "Whenever you're ready then."

Yua takes a bow. "Hurt me. Make me feel like I deserve it".

"If I let her get away from me...It's over. I cannot give her an inch"

(Initiative Roll Result: 23)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507536/

She takes all her speed into account and remorselessly engages her friend going for an immediate grapple.

(Grapple Roll Result: 17)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507538/

((OOC: This grapple roll is unmodified as of yet. If the grapple roll is successful, Yua will then go for the "Pin" maneuver. If not, She will use her next two actions to use normal Kick attacks.))

(Pin Result: 15)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507540/

((OOC: If both the grab and the pin attack are successful, she will use her last action to strike which is unavoidable. If the Pin Fails, she will try again on her 3rd action. The following two attacks below the 2nd pin attempt will be there in case she misses the grab check.))

(2nd Pin Result:16)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507550/

(2nd and 3rd Regular kick results:17/15)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507552/

(OOC I am basically going to let the two of you handle this round coordinate with each other and keep it up, it reads great so far.))

(PS, I am currently running a fever of about 102 and home from work sick. I know this seems like a cop-out to have you two duke it out with each other first, but that was part of the plan. If for some reason one of you gets too worked up in the fight and starts doing damage, I will have Amane intercede and stop the match.))

(not to worry, Justin)

Init: (Irrelevant, I can't roll higher than 19 :))

Defense vs Grab: 19! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507969/

Defense vs Kick1: 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507971/

Defense vs Kick2: 9 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507974/

Lily doesn't even try to take the initiative, fully expecting Yua's reactions to be far better than hers. Instead she braces herself to receive the attack. It turns out to be a smart move, because the Hiroga is on her almost too fast to see! Lily leaps back, barely avoiding Yua's grasping hands, but isn't quite fast enough to block the two kicks that follow it up. Just like that, Yua has two hits.

With a grimace, Lily leaps at Yua, trying to clock her across the head as she soars past and up out of reach!

Punchy:12 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507977/

Using Extra Action to flee into the aiiiirrr...

"Ahhh ha!" ... "Oh crap!

(1st Defence Roll: 14)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1508461/

Yua ducks quickly, avoiding the oncoming strike.

"Yeah, She in the air. Damnit!... Hey I Know!"

She waits patiently, reducing her initiative to Lily's own.

"When she comes down ...I'm gonna grab her even if I have to bite her shoe!"

((OOC: Reducing Initiative for Total Attack: Grab))

Lily hovers for a moment, frowning when she realizes what Yua's doing. Would she have a chance to attack? Probably not...Yua was -fast-. Her eyes dart around the room. Bare. Nothing around to pick up and try to get the advantage of reach with.

Damnit! If this was a real fight, I could just blast her right now! ... Of course, if this was a real fight, she'd have taken my head off in that first charge...

Then something occurs to Lily, and she nods to herself. It probably wouldn't work, but it wouldn't leave her any worse off than she would be just rushing in. And if it worked, it might give her a shot at Yua.

"Hope you're ready!" she calls, then folds over to dive at a steep angle directly at Yua! Then, just before entering the grasping range of the Hiroga's paws, Lily vanishes in a haze of blue energy. Almost simultaneously, another bloom of energy erupts from behind Yua, and Lily comes rocketing out straight at her!

(no idea if this has any game effect...but here goes. smile The Teleport is basically a defense roll, I guess, to see if Lily can blip out before Yua can grab her as she comes into range. So here's that: Sigh...good old Invisible Castle. Defense 9. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1509161/

Now...not sure if the Teleport activates right away, or after she gets her attacks. I'll assume after, for dice sake. Defense 2: 10 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1509162/

What can you do? If the dice roll bad...that's pretty much it. smile

Assuming teleporting out of the grapple is an action, here's her attack roll on getting out.

Attack 14 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1509163/

...complicated actions here. Not sure I'm doing it right...)

Yua makes a small chirp as lily closes in. One similar to what a cat makes when it sees something it wants. She counters like a thing possessed using a leap and pounces Lily!

(Grabby: 13)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1509633/

"RAWR!"

((OOC: Well the good news is you aren't gonna die. Much better for invis castle to get that out of the way now instead of later.))

Yua Seizes her quickly mid-air, leaping vertically so that her right shoulder meets with Lily's own. She then twists herself quickly so that she has the top advantage when they land. For the moment, Yua only has one elbow locked...a pin was essential.

(Pin Attempt Vs. Defence 2 Teleport: 14)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1509648/

((OOC: I am also unsure if teleport will activate regardless but if not a complete pin should make attacks unblockable until the contestant can free herself))

(Licky: Unblockable)

Defense 1 17

Defense 2 17

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1510651/

(messed up and used 6 instead of 7...doh)

Defense 3 10 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1510652/

Lily manages to duck under the roundhouse, but takes the axe and palm heel squarely.

And the fight's over. Yua's won.

Lily sighs and scratches her nose. "I'm used to fighting with my energy sword. I don't usually suck this much."

Then she remembers her manners and bows.

"Thanks for the lesson."

Amane frowns at the performance. In truth it was what she expected to see Yua win, but she had expected Lily to land at least one attack.

"So take away your weapons and you're helpless Lily?" Come on you trained at the royal Dalaraan Academy and you couldn't land a single blow on Yua. She is your Guardian, but are you really going to make her work that hard?"

Amane shrugs. "Fine do it again., Do it until you win. Come get me when it happens, Yua, don't go easy on her. She will only get better through fighting hard." She turns and walks off. "Computer Lieutenant level opponent, possible-shinkai. Target only Kaunac, Amane." In the distance a large monster similar to the one Lily and Yua and Georgi fought appears.

"Let's see how tough a bastard you really are."

Lily looks at Yua again.

Sure, take away every advantage I have, leave her with all of hers and I lose. Big shock. Oh well. I'm here to learn, not to win...

"Lets get to it I guess. But it'd help me more if we went over each match after we finish so I can see what mistakes I'm making."

(should we actually roll dice again? I think we've established that it's going to take a -long time- for Lily to beat Yua. :))

((OOC no need to roll dice though i remind you you can use your weapons. they give examples of what is called "Strike to wound" in the book. This method of attack does no damamge but is meant to insult the party by opening a tiny cut somewhere on their person. You both regenerate so I thought you'd seen this option. You can use your weapons to fight and you won't do any damage as long as you focus on your battle. Hope this clears things up and levels the playing field.)))

(OOC - Hee. Lily's a little upset, but I'm not. Besides, training sans powers will give me some interesting options for point spendy. I have like...24 points saved up now, but her beam and sword are pretty good. I'm thinking of developing techniques using her super strength, for targets that her energy powers don't work as well against. Also, are there techniques that reduce an opponent's defense, or let an attacker take someone by surprise? I think it'd be really cool to develop a sort of 'combat teleport' where she can blip in unexpectedly and pop off a surprise attack...but I'm not sure how it'd work mechanically.)

((Not quite sure here about what is going on witht he monster))

I will have to control myself with this weapon. This is what I should be learning to do. If I spar Lily, We'll open up full combat.

A click is heard as her sword falls from her back and into her left palm. She pulls it up...hand and a half style and is ready for combat.

Lily notices Yua, and a blue bar of light extends from her right hand.

"Or we could do that too," she says.

Then she charges at Yua!

(Rragh! Yua, how d'ya wanna do this? Posting each bout could take...a long time, and be a lot of woik for us both. I'm open to ideas though!)

((( Both of you Roll five times. Whoever get's the higher roll wins the match and for each match one of you has to detail how the fight goes. I should be caught up on everything RL and on here that's going on by the end of that That I will be able to move things forward.)))

(((OOC writeups don't have to be long, just general feel for how the fight goes)))

Lily here's the page and frowns. "Ok you two take a breather. When I get back, be ready to go at harder than ever. Computer suspend Kaunac enemy simulation." With that she vanished from the room leaving the princess and her guardian alone.

Amane returns roughly an hour later to find Lily and Yua still going at it. Yua's getting the upper hand still and Amane shakes her head. "That's enough for today. You two go rest up we can continue tomorrow."

Amane's tone is defenitely deflated. Something bad has happened and clearly it's eating at her badly.

"I'm going to let off some steam with some drones, you're more than welcome to stay and watch if you wish, it might prove educational."

(((If you two want to stay post to that effect. If they choose to stay, Then you'll get to see the power of a Satoshi Captain and Amane's own Initial Release. If not then this will pick up the next day. Please post one way or the other.)))

Lily starts out aggressively; launching herself towards Yua through the air at 100kph, then darting and swooping around her like a crazed hummingbird...except armed with a glowing energy sword instead of a needle-like beak. To her growing dismay though, the Hiroga turns her attacks aside with hardly any apparent effort, then delivers a counter attack that knocks her back away, almost fetching up hard against the arena wall. Even then a sick feeling stirred deep in Lily's gut, but she crushed it and changed tactics. This time from above. This time from behind. Flanking. Teleporting. Defensive. Deceptive. She ran through the gamut of basic tactics she'd learned, and then started trying to make new ones up. All were equally effective.

Which is to say, not at all.

By the time Amane returns, Lily's just about exhausted herself, and can barely stand, let alone fly or teleport. The energy of her blade is dim and flickering erratically, not just from fatigue but from profound demoralization. The high energy and optimism she'd shown coming in to spar is gone.

For a moment the look Lily gives Amane is furiously angry...but then she wilts as the truth penetrates her protective shell of stubbornness. She wasn't going to win this. Ever.

"I'll be in my room," she says woodenly. "I've had enough education." Her sword fades completely and Lily stalks away with both dignity and confidence shattered.

"wait"!

Her voice rings out in painful singularity.

"This is what I was born to do. It does not complete a totalization for all of Lily's skills. She is a leader and she weilds more then blades and beams. Her true effectiveness is a mix of all of these. Amane, let us reason here. I cannot understand why you are so upset by the princess' performance. she will get better and fear, experience and even suffering can teach us this. I don't want to argue...me and lily; We are still young, but this kind of a life: The path of blades and of blood. This is all I know. This is my curse!...and why I am Lily's Guardian."

She pauses for a second, shuddering from emotional distortion and from the potential tongue lashing she could receive from Amane.

"I will always fight by Lily. One day she will not only beat me; She will go far beyond my ability."

"I know Yua, I know. It is my hope that she surpasses me, she may yet need to if she is to survive. Takashi will not fail again i'd wager. Only another Captain could delay him, and what it would take to beat him... I simply don't want to think of it."

"If I do no push her hard she will not improve. There are dark times ahead and I cannot always be there, You cannot always be there. She will have to fend for herself. If she cannot then we all have failed her. A ruler must be strong in all aspects. She's smart, she's god a strong personality, she's attractive and she has the heart of a warrior. unfortunately that is not enough. We must make her stronger while we still have time. I will not lose another of you."

She walks further into the room as the enemies start appearing. "If you stay, you cansee some of what we face, though if you wish to follow her do so. You may wish to remain considering the trouncing you gave her."

"I will give her some time to herself. There's alot on her mind. I know I would have a hard time dealing with all of this and being the princess of an entire race."

She begins to follow Amane like a lost dog without it's tags.

"Well Amane...I'll get a little taste of these new ones. Demons or not; I wish to make a fresh steak out of them all."

"Dimension control add opponent to target Yua, equal level to her own unlimited wave, safeties on." "Acknowledged." more monsters began appearing, slightly smaller than the first set. They weren't half as ugly either.

"You take the little ones. The big fugly ones are mine." With that Amane's hair began to stand up and Yua coulld feel the unbridled force radiating from her. "Allright you bastards, come to momma." Air currents were twisting around her arms and legs... The spiritual power she was emanating was almost tangible.

The larger monsters surged forward into a Charge and Amane met them head on. Tanshinkou!!!" ((Tanshinkou translates roughly into "Force Needle) Her fist Impacted the first one, actually leaving a huge bloody crater in its chest, but the real show was the brilliant red energy blast the spewed forth from its back and decapitated the creature behind it.

"Come on dammit don't make this easy!!!" Half a dozen were swarming her, slicing and tearing at her. there were a few lines of scarlet but nothing major yet. The piston-like pilebunker arms connected twice, illiciting a grunt from her. Blood was coming out of her mouth as she smiled. "Finally you big ugly bastards show me some guts... Release!!!"

The braclets on her wrists and her necklace shattered, and hellish red and black energy whirled around her. All her wounds healed instantly, and a pair of long blades rested under her forearms. Her eyes were Blood red with green irises and plack pupils. Her whole body was covered in what looked to be red and black armor, and her hair had become a rich crimson color and grown longer.

In a movement that could barely be seen she slashed twice and the nearest opponent fell to peices. She dove into the swarm of enemies carving a path of utter destruction and Death. Through it all, she smiled and laughed asking, almost begging, for more to slay.

The smaller mmonsters began to move towards Yua, there were three of them at first, and they came at her with gleaming blades..

(OOC Deal with them as you like, they have attack and defense values of ten and about 120 hp apiece their attacks do fifty damage and they get two attacks and defences each. They will not kill Yua, but they will knock her unconscious We can roll it all out if you want, or you can write up your own fight with them. Yua probably cannot beat them all without using her summon however.))

The door to Lily's room slides shut behind her, and she immediately falls back against the wall, rocking her head back to gaze up at the ceiling with moist, bloodshot eyes. Her breath burns in her lungs, her muscles are solid masses of fatigue and she is so upset that her skin feels cold and tingly. It was a minor miracle she hadn't burst into extremely un-Empress-like tears on the spot back there...and even now that it was safe she couldn't let go. It's the only dignity she has left.

It should have been me, is all she can think. The assassinations. She'd always been the expendable one. With three practically immortal relatives in line to rule before her, she'd never felt the need to take that responsibility seriously. To take herself seriously, in fact. She was the fun one, the carefree one...the weak one. But even that cold realization was nothing compared to the real source of the pain...

My brother and sister are dead...

Finally the dam breaks, and all the pain wrapped up inside that statement surges up and out in a tide of wracking, painful sobs that sound almost like sharp coughs, or tiny sneezes. The last of her strength deserts her, and Lily falls to her knees to weep into her hands. Exhausted physically and emotionally, she finally falls asleep curled up on the floor in front of the door, her face buried in the crook of her elbow.

Being aware of the enemy, she knew that they were formless and could literally take any shape. The blades were a direct advantage linked to this ability and having knowledge of this caused Yua to keep her speed at max.

She studies them with immense detail in what seemed like only a few seconds. It was all the time she needed. Drawing the Astreal Vessel, Yua stood guard keeping a low initiative until the last possible moment.

Suddenly all three lept towards her at once.

"perfect"!

With a back spin so powerful that it almost caused her to tumble, she blazed across all three of them with a mighty slash. The hit was solid but far from perfect. What she thought would obliterate them clearly did not and this was something she had not anticipated. A trio of pissed of monsters that were now reading into her a litte more strategically went from a minor challange to a major threat!

They flew a far distance, but now her back was against the wall and they had all three positions covered quickly to catch her if she bolted bast them.

"Not good."

The first one jolted towards her in an agressive bound of pure instinct...almost insect-like. It came down hard with it's blades but fell short as they were blocked by Yua's flamburge. Again it struck; this time alot harder and even though blocked, caused the Astreal to buckle towards her chest, knocking her off stance and towards the ground. at this point the second and third creatures followed suit in perfect order. Seeing this, Yua turned her fall into a roll which only just managed to escape the next two attacks. The following slashes cut her right calf open during the roll which greatly affected her as she arose from the ground.

"These bastards go for the legs every time. they are smart enough to try to hinder my mobility!"

Yua growled low key aurating a pitch that resembled that of the guardian's. She had not intended this and it began to confuse her.

"what is going on"?

Still; She charged the tornadic dervish of blade-talons to her left and stopped short of it, seeing that it's guard was hightened. Yua then flipped her sword downwards and smashed into it's face hard with the hilt of her weapon following the smash up with an overhead cleave and a spearing thrust that shot the carcass across the ground like a skateboard.

"This time...no absorbing one another! Huh?"

For a split second Yua caught an isolated feeling of sadness linked to Lily. It's effect on Yua caused her muscles to relax slightly for a second. She dropped the blade unintentionally as she was beset apon quickly by the remaining two monsters. The force knocked her over onto her back and dodging the blows was like being under a swiss army knife full of axes. The first two were no problem, but the second two attacks punctured her rib cage and into her lungs.

This was all an illusion but Yua didn't know the chamber well enough yet to realize she was not actually hurt. Quickly she reached for her sword that was just within grabbing range and arched it upward, lancing the creature like a Kabob and slamming it downwards on it's face once Yua was on her feet. Unfortunetly for her, It didn't have a life force...The monsters were not real and this also was not anticipated!

"What the..." WHAM!

The last creature had pounced on her back as she rolled over to face it defensively. It's face looked different...twisted.

"Amane! Stop the test!!! Quick!

The creature gazed into her soul, looking...looking for something. Yua was about to hit her critical limit and it would be disasterous. The growl was uttered again but this time it shook the floors and walls in a phantasmal array of shockwaves.

"I can't control it! Stop the Test!!!"

((OOC: Waiting to see if Amane responds. This might govern weather or not she passes out or changes forms. If her form changes she might not be able to control it.)) crazy

Amane Appeared beyond the creature and one of her blades pierced its heart, and then the blade drew up and bisected its neck and head freeing Yua from its grasp. She was sprayed with a fountain of gore as was Amane who's chitin like armor was slick with blood and gore. The look in her green eyes was one Yua could never forget. The eyes were full of rage and hate, unfathomable bloodlust and destruction. Then in a moment it all vanished. "Control End combat simulation." The entire room faded back to normal and they were once again in an inclosed metal room.

Amane seemed to revert to her normal form, and still she was coverd in blood, hers and the creatures' she'd slain.

"It isn't a game, and if the safeties are off, you can die Yua. You can be wounded here, and even killed. This is only the first step in training that will allow you to achieve Final release of your inherent power. You and Lily both need it, for what is to come."

She offers her hand to the fallen Hiroga. "Satoshi officers are in shorter supply now.. You will have to harness your power, just as Lily must."

She smiles. "That was my Shinkai, or at least the one I've mastered. It means Initial Release. Some rewuire a weapon or partner to focus it, others like me can do it with our own inherent strength. Before this week is done, I hope to see you master yours, and Lily to have enough faith in herself to see her own. I'm going to need your help with that. Are you game?"

"I am always in acceptance of further honing my skills and eventually syncronizing with Lily better then I have been."

"Amane...I am going to tell you something I have never told anyone ouside of my race. The reason I cannot control myself in battle; why I am having problems controlling my Guardian link is because...because there is something after me. You know...watching me. Something I never finished."

"Telling you is easy for me because of your experience. Controlling your essence seems to be something you have mastered or at least are a very good ways into. I keep fearing that unless I face my past and my enemy that I can never master my arts." I have not told Lily yet. I don't want her to think her protector is weak. The emporer...does not know."

She lowers her head in shame...and of waiting far to long.

"When I was in combat with those creatures, I kept seeing it's f...face. All I know is that my masters were incapable of beating it. I was young and foolish...only a rookie when I told them I was ready. My masters had to save me and they later told me that I was branded...only I never understood. I have not a mark on my body". All I can tell you is that when you picked me up from that floor and I saw the expression in your eyes, Right then...just a few seconds ago, I knew you would understand."

She then picks her head up and flips the blade again in a one-eighty, curving slightly behind her back as it clicks into place again.

Archived