Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 3: session 1(space Group) Denied Fates

Justin OOC

Yua's first strike connects with the creature's head, vaporizing it. There's a hissing sound as the flesh cauterizes, but the creature doesn't topple. It actually parries her next attack and dodges the third, and ramming forward with its imaling attack. The Impaling arm came in so fast hammering hard into Yua's left side. Itent her through one of the bulkhead walls and out onto the cargo bay floor where people were boarding the dropship. Overhead the Countdown continued. "5 minutes remaining until neutron activation."

The eyes on its body seem to zero in on both Yua and Georgi, assessing both of them as extreme threats.

Another hail of needle spines shoots out holing the barricade Georgi's taking cover behind, but it holds, if only just barely, protecting him from harm. Georgi's lone shot goes astray, ricochetting off the wall and back out into the corridor.

((Impaling attack does 120 damage roll for shock as needed.)))

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(sorry for delay...hunting my muse, and I had to look up the section on damage in the rules)

Lily is momentarily pinned to the wall by the impaling spike...but when it's jerked free, she falls down onto the floor. For a moment she's on all fours, and she looks up with a bemused, slightly startled expression. Shock has clearly kept the pain away...but it can't compensate for the damage. A moment later she collapses onto her belly, into a spreading pool of blue blood.

(She's unconscious. Weirdly, she could have survived that hit if her shields had been intact, and if she hadn't already taken damage...but she had, and it wasn't. She's currently 23 HP under zero, and regenerating 5 HP per round. Question...I have 14 exp...can those be spent at dramatically appropriate moments to gain new or upgraded powers? :))

(((I'm gonna say no since I've already been asked by other players and done so. The regeneration will keep her alive and stabilize her so she doesn't die. If anything this will set up some other story hooks. Yes this fight is hard, it is meant to be. The creature has been hurt pretty bad.))

Lily was down. Yua was down. He was the only one left protecting the evacuees. He needed to bring it down.

Georgi takes careful aim, and fires a burst from behind the slowly disinterating barricade.

Attack: 21 [Total attack, aim, autofire]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490481/

Defend: 12 [Cover, Total attack penalty]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490485/

Georgi's shots found the puckered flesh where Lily's earlier blade attack had burned a line in the creatures side. The creature emmits aloud hissing sound in pain as its impaling arm drops from the socket. A full clip of shells slammed home into the wound, further aggravating the wound there. almost immdeiately both tails snaked out searching for nearby corpses. As they snaked out towards fallen bretheren another thou somewhat smaller bunch of spines grew and launched out at Georgi, this time penetrating the weakened barricade and finding purchase in his armor and his flesh.

(((Spikes only do 40 damage this time.)))

When the creature's tails came out and began searching, Gregory spat. It was now or never.

Coming from behind the ruined barricade, he ran at the injured demon, and firing his remaining ammo. When he was 5 meters away, he launched himself into a flying jump kick. He hoped to knock the creature off its feet and away from its fallen bretheren.

((Attack 1: 12 [autofire, steady hand]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1492304/))

((Attack 2: 20 [special movement-balance, Total attack, Brutal, Superstrength 2, Superspeed]))

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1492305/

Damage for atttack 2: 16 (not sure if crashing damage also applies)

((OOC: Current HP: 80/140 - EP: 20/90))

Still tumbling head over heels, Misyrennies tilts her weight slightly to the left catching traction with the shoulder guard on her armor. (Now beat up pretty badly) It causes her to tumble back one more time landing on her feet in a crouched position.

"Good one...but not good enough"!!

With a hunched down leap, she jets through the hole she left in the cargo bay wall and is once again in the creature's sand box; Only this time her jump planted her apon the demons left arm. It would then be the perfect opportunity the deny the hellish abomination it's wrist sword.

(1st Strike Result W/ Pnevma Nychi Zoou: 23 [Total Attack]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1493381/

((OOC: "Pnevma Nychi Zoou" Are her Spirit Claws.))

With an easily accomplished backflip she falls, landing on her feet and grabs her flamburge again. As quickly as she falls, she is in the air next to the other wrist sword again. Misyrennies unleashes two powerful strikes with it, attempting to sever the other one.

(2nd & 3rd Strike Results: 19/25 [Penetrating x 5])

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1493384/

"Touch Lily again monster and you'll draw your last breath!"

(Spirit Claw Dmg: 165 / Astreal Vessel Dmg: 65)

The Creature's left arm vanishes in a spray of gore and hiss of burning flesh. The first of Yua's sword strikes remove a large chunk of the creatures upper torso while the second tears a gaping rent across its torso. Combined with Georgi's last effor, the attack is devastating.

Georgi's kick litterally sends him through the creature in a storm of gore. He lands on the other side slick with gore, just as the last person boards the dropship.

"Hey if you guys are done, we've got two minutes to get out of here. I highly suggest you get in gear and board." It was the voice of the dropship pilot.

Amazingly enough, Lily's wounds had at least sealed themselves, though her lifeforce was very very weak. "2 minutes until Neutron sanitizer activation."

The dropship lifts off as soon as they're aboard. When Georgi takes the Copilot's chair the pilot nods as Georgi quickly acquits himself on the controls. The countdown reached Zero just as the set down in the main bay. On one of the viewscreens they could see the base and surrounding area start to shimmer a brilliant golden glow as the Neutron wave was emitted. All organic material within the sphere was utterly destroyed, though all inorganic matter was left untouched and clean.

Kuzuha, Team 3's combat medic was rushing off with her squadmateds at the side of their commanding officer Saito. He was nearly comatose. Behind them hung the remains of the Meteor. Both its wings had been blasted away, along with both legs at the knees and the left arm. The entire head assembly was missing and sparks flew from the shattered jagged joints.

Racked next to it was Zinv, its armor blasted and pitted, but intact short of the missing left arm. Amane was smiling as she looked to them then she saw Lily being wheeled out on a stretcher. "Medical team to the Hangar code Alpha!" Within a handful of seconds a medical team was there and rushing Lily off to the medical ward.

The look on Amane's face was exceptionally stern and even angry when she looked back to Georgi and Yua. They could actually feel the energy radiating from her. She was not happy. Bones creaked and muscles popped, even as Amane's hair started to rise. Then her hands just relaxed. The rest of her followed suit and she sighed. "Well at least you all made it back. "come on, we need to be there when our friends wake up, so stow your gear and get to the med bay."

Amane takes off in the direction the medical team left.

When the others finally arrive, Lily has stabilized, and both she and Saito have regained consciousness. Once the others arrive Amane closes the door behind them and the serious look returns. Ok guys exactly how did this happen?"

"Lily you nearly died, and Saito, if your mEch hadn't shut down you probably would have died. What was going through your minds???"

"We were evacuating the non-coms when we were engaged by a large demonic creature." Georgi couldn't believe she was even asking this question. "The princess wanted to go toe-to-toe with it."

He watched Amane glower at him. "Running was not an option. Besides, she IS alive." He tried not to remember the 4 inch thick spike sticking through his midsection. It made him wince when he did.

"Amane...I am proud to have fought next to Lily and Georgy. They are warriors in their hearts and soul. The feeling supersedes any expectations I had of their finesse and empathy. It may just be my opinion, but in it...I believe the greatest royalty to follow would be that which is so passionately involved with our cause; That she is willing to risk her own life to change the outcome of this struggle"

"Forgive me when I say that I know who we fight for and I KNOW there is hope now."

"The manifestation we encountered I'm afraid is...a taste of things to come. It has been unsettled by what it calls an incorrect use of getter energies".

"Seems we have alot more to worry about if we are to make this our base of operations. There could be more of them and they are powerful foes".

Amane nodded. "I know she's alive, and I'm glad all of you made it back and that we managed to save all those people. The ship is safe and everyone will soon be ok again." She looks to Georgi and smiles. We do need to get those spines out of you at some point before your wounds heal over them. It will hurt alot more if we wait."

She grows somewhat more serious. "Regardless of Lily's prowess, or even the collective power of all of us, we have to keep her safe. If she dies, so too does our hope of lasting peace."

Then the word processes. "Did you say "Getter Energies?"" Amane frowns and starts reaching for her com system.

"Seargeant Johnson to Medical Bay One immediately!!! Scientist Lurray to the Medical Bay immediately!!"

Lily wriggles upwards a bit to sit up, propped up on her pillow.

"Amane, look...I know what you're saying is true, but you have to face facts. If I was going to just seal myself away where it's safe and get ready to be Empress, I'd have left with my father. Staying here means I'm fighting, and I can't just half-fight or 'sort of' fight. In the battle down there, we were all hurt, tired, and the demon really looked like it had taken Yua out. Georgi needed time to aim his rifle, and I was the only one who could give it to him. So I engaged it. It was the right thing to do. In any battle, any soldier has to be prepared to give her all. And the irony of it all is that if I don't do that...if I let who I am make me risk less because I'm too important to risk more...then I don't deserve to be who I am in the first place."

She sucks in a deep breath and cracks a wry grin.

"Not that I did much. Some warrior-queen, huh? Thanks for pulling me out of there, you guys."

"You did enough to save us all. We would not have been able to defeat it as a p...party of two and now..." She Pauses. "Now all these people are safe and we can set our feet down somewhere."

Yua finally relaxes and grins back at Lily shortly before turning her attention to Georgi.

"Are you feeling alright comrade?"

"Yes Saito we won the battle, the base is ours." Amane turns to Lily.

"Part of being a leader is also knowing your limitations. Did any of you try to guage that thing's power before you engaged? You're all possessed of quick minds I'd have thought you'd have done so."

She sighs. We all signed on knowing this would be dangerous, but We all know there are times when we just can't win, or the victory will come at to high a cost. This could have easily been one of those times. Saito, you still can't feel your leg or left arm and your shoulders corrrect? If You'd have still been plugged in when the Meteor's head was smashed what to do you think the outcome would be?

If Yua hadn't somehow gotten a serious second wind, I don't know that the three of us would be talking right now. You have the pager for a reason Lily. We are your army right now. I am your friend, you can call on us, on me if you are in trouble."

She looks to the others. "All of you can count on that. We pledged to support this endeavor with all we have. We will do so. This may sound condescending, but perhaps some integration training is in order, just to make sure we're all on the same page." She smiles, once again returning to the Amane they know.

The door opens and the two people summoned walk in. Seargeant Johnson salutes, which Amane returns. "At Ease Seargeant." "Ma'am."

"Now Sicentist Lurray, I hear you were doing GETTER research is this true?"

The Scientist looks neverous and gulps. "Yes Ma'am. Captain Satoshi lifted the ban with a countersignature by Captians Wagner and Khirghiz. We were tocreate new improved reactors for as many machines as we could."

"I see, and how many have been created?"

"Just three. All three Captains recieved their engines a week ago. We have been working on a fourth engine, the parts for which we brough with us onto the ship. They are currently in a Class-S stastis containment field, with Full Shielding. Currently the reactor is Inert."

"Do you know why Getter technology was abandoned?"

"No I do not. I just know that Captains Nagare, Bordeaux, Shibaksuka, and Hitsugaya petitioned for the ban."

"Getter reactors emit radiation until they are completeted. The radiation draws the creatures you witnessed down there like a moth to flame. It is for that reason that Getter reactors are NEVER to be constructed in a habitated colony. Only in Deep Space is the risk worth the gain." The Scientist was stung by the rebuke.

"How long will it take to complete the reactor in Class-S stasis?"

"Three days with a full support staff. The reactor is nearly done."

"Then you had all best get started. It's too dangerous to not complete it, and too powerful to Jetison once it's complete. We'll find some use for it on one of the machines. Dismissed."

The Scientist scurried off leaving them only the Seargeant.

Seargeant Johnson, you recovered the reactor and those in the hospital correct?"

"I fulfilled my orders to protect the civillians to the best of my abilities."

"You allowed non-registered personnel into the base and past you to a secure location."

"With all respect, ma'am, We needed all the help we could get. if these people wanted to help and were willing to risk what they obviously did to help us, I'd do it again too."

He looks over to Georgi. "You keep throwin that Colonel rank around and people are gonna think you believe you're better than us. That was a dead giveaway you ain't with Satoshi, or part of the command structure. The highest anybody is is Head Captain Hayami, He's something Like a 4-star General. The other Captains are like Generals too, and their Lieutenants, Colonels as far as responsibility goes. "We call them Captains and Lieutenants mainly due to the number of people directly under them in the CRT's is more in keeping with that a Captain would command. Only the best make it into the CRT's."

He looks to Saito. You've got three of my best former trainees under you, tey did real good . They work well as a team. See that you don't just consider them fodder to buy time. Too many of you mechjocks consider the infantry forces to be inferior to those big tincans, and it can bother most personnel. Your little squad damn near idolizes you for having such faith in their abilities to let them operate independntly like you did. Keep that up and I might be able to get rid of the old stereotypes."

"Yeah.... Why?" Georgi smiles at the cat-like Yua. He was now wearing regular clothes. "My body has healed." He raises up his shirt to show he is completely healed. "I managed to pull out most of the spikes, but there are probably three or four floating in there somewhere, and one or two in my back I could not reach."

He turns to Amane after she calls the alert. "Is everything OK? I'm not familiar with 'Getter Energies'." And then he addresses her second point. "With all due respect Leutenant Amane, but I am not with Satoshi. What identifier whould you recommend I use, when addressing myself to Satoshi personnel?"

"That can be Changed Georgi. For now just use Adjutant to the Princess" if anyone asks. That should be sufficent to get compliance." Her gaze falls to the Seargeant. "Though some may do so without the rank, or still disregard it."

Johnson Smiles. "Well Captain Kaunac, I can see you haven't forgotten your days at the battle academy."

"How could I? You use me as an example to your trainees."

"In all seriousness, I'll have one of the medics get those spines out of you. It won't be fun, but we can't leave them in."

"Getter Energy is the powersource for the Shin Getter. The reactor is five times more powerful than that of the meteor in its standard mode. Deppending on certain factors that can increase to over a factor of one thousand. Getter energy is extremely volatile, and as you witnessed it attracts those creatures. It can also endanger the mind of anyone suffering prolonged exposure to it without proper precautions. I really don't know the whole story except that before those reactors were built, there were only two remaining active Getter energy reactors. Even the Federation learned to not trust and use that technology. Ryoma could tell you more, if he were here."

Saito nods at the Sergeant.

"Sir, I would never consider ANYONE who fights as "fodder to buy time". The way that I see it; myself and Meteor are battle machines we exist to defeat the enemy. Junpei, Kuzuha, and Raquel all have different skills that are useful to any situation. If anything, I am the fodder to buy THEM time."

Saito looks at Georgi, Lily, Yua and Amane and then back at Johnson.

"And that goes for ALL of my comrades in arms, Sergeant."

Saito attempts to stand up one more time and makes a little more progress.

"But right now, I need to look over the Meteor's diagnostics. This battle has taught me that there are many things about the Meteor that I do not yet know and I like to know ALL of my strengths and weaknesses."

"Can you even move yet Saito?" Amane's tone is more cheerful, clearly she's teasing, knowing he can't move.

"besides There's at least two people waiting to help you get back on your feet. Kuzuha and Kaname are standing outside waiting for all of us to finish."

Seargeant Johnson speaks up. "they ain't demons. We've go CM for them in spades. These things didn't even twitch the supernatural reader. They're just another alien species that found its way to this system." He looks at Lily and Yua. "No offense meant by that, but it certainly seems like our world got popular all of a sudden. Everyone's been trying to take if from us. I've had to watch thousands of people I trained to fight di in this war. It's just a touchy subject."

Amane nods. "I should probably mention that Seargeant Johnon is the man responsible for training nearly every Member of the CRT corps and the standard marine force we keep. He was even instructor to several of us younger officers."

"Yeah two captains a handful of Lieutenants, I'd say i did a decent job with some of you. I just wish I'd beaten more decency into Takashi. He's always been a little rat bastard. from the scuttlebutt I heard on the way here, that ain't changed."

"Amane picks up. "To answer your question, I don't know. I'll get in touch with Ryoma, and hopefully he can shed more light on the subject, without going into bankai out of rage."

"Well, okay...aliens then," Lily says. "I'm just saying, if they're attracted to this energy, maybe we can use that against them somehow."

She shrugs at the sergeant then. "Yua and me are here to help protect Earth, not take it. We'd like to be allies of Earth when all this is over. We have a lot to offer each other."

"Well yer off to a good start. I've got about another hundred pilots almost done with their training. twice that number in battlearmor. problem is most of the armor's still in the crates. We didn't have the technical staff to finsh the Mecha, but they're all still there onbase too. The pilots are greener than fresh grass but they're spoiling for a fight after that little escapade. A bit more training and they'll be a reliable addition to your fighting force."

"Forgive me sergeant for asking, but if I may; When we finally re colonize the lunar outpost are some of the workers and people there going to help? Will they want their jobs back...their lives back?"

"My creeds may seem a little sub par as far as our current subject is concerned, however I am aware that there were more then just mecha pilots on that base. If they won't want to work after seeing their opposition, we will need to fill those positions."

"I just...want to see that everyone on that base can have a normal life again. I can go out on a limb and say you are a compassionate man, Sergeant?"

She lowers her head in shame. Her eyes close and a sadness grips her tightly.

"Please tell Amane that I am sorry. When I fight; When there's threat to any pure life...I c...cant stop it!"

(She never turns her back on the sergeant but she looks eager to leave and her body trembles and shakes from strong emotion.)

((OOC: Enemy Speaks to Yua Mentally))

"You know as well as I do little one, but you cannot tell them can you? We are deeper then alien, darker then the zero stars and stronger then entropy it's self, but you'll see me soon. Very soon now."

"Of course they will. Satoshi doesn't employ pansies who run from a challenge. The support personnel believe every bit as strongly as those who fight. Our Research teams would mutiny if we didn't let them resume their research as soon as we got the all-clear."

He chuckles. "A pissed off researcher with nearly unrestricted access can play havoc with all kinds of things. Those guys on the Getter project are the exception. they want away from that monster as soon as possible. Only Captain Shibaksuka and Lieutenant Hoshino actually welcomed working on a Getter reactor."

"To answer your question about compassion, I'll simply say that i have been a Soldier for over twenty five years. For the last fifteen I have trained the best and brightest of Satoshi's Crisis Response Teams."

Amane nods as Georgi leaves with a medical team. She taps the com badge. "Ok Kuzuha, Kaname, come tend to your charges." The door opened and a pair of blue-haired young women walked in. Kaname had her long hair pinned up, where Kuzuha's was naturally cut short to frame her face. They both seemed to go to Saito at first, but Kaname's glare backed Kuzuha off.

Kuzuha went to Lily and smiled. "I'll be taking care of you until you're back to full strength princess." Her voice is quiet and soft. It's almost impossible to imagine Kuzuha as a true combat medic.

Kamname looked to Saito and gave him a mean glare. Without warning she slams her fist down on his forehead. "You Dumbass! Didn't i tell you to be careful the next time you took that big tin can out? I told you and Pops told you that there were some changes from the last time."

She wipes a tear from her eyes and her whole demeanor softens. "Honestly, I always get stuck with the hotshots who think we CRT-4's don't know what we're saying."

Amane in the meantime was smiling, knowing Kaname would never hurt Saito. She took her leave of the room and grabbed Yua too. "Come on, these two will have Lily and Saito up and about much sooner without us watching over them." She led yua to the door, knowing that all in all, they'd done well today.

"Kuzuha looks at Lily. "Just because you aren't human doesn't get you a "get out of the med bay free" card Princess. It's my duty to see you fully recovered. You can't leave until that happens otherwise I'll get in trouble. Besides, like Georgi We have to make shure you don't have any toxins in your system. Captain Amane is handling Yua herself, Kaname and I are here to help you and Lieutenant Saito."

(OOC Lily you're at 7 hp... still got a ways to go.)))

"Heh, No problem. I feel exhausted, but for some reason I don't think I would sleep just yet Captain Amane so if you wanted to talk about anything or assign me to any other duties...I would be more then willing".

She tries to keep pace with Amane; The muscles in her legs seizing up occasionally from being overworked.

"Maybe one day I will be able to combine my instincts with strategic combat".

Her mind now reflickering nervous responces in loops from the sudden regeneration occuring hours ago. It causes extreme pain but she covers it up with ease.

(OOC - Hee, I figured she wasn't healed, she's just being stubborn. :))

Lily settles back against her pillow, folds her arms and despite being over 100 years old, delivers a very convincing pout. She does, however, seem to have learned that it's pointless to argue with medical staff.

"All right, all right..."

Amane nods. "I was thinking along those lines myself. I have something I want to show you all, but for now go get some rest. for what I have planned, I need you rested and healthy, Consider that your orders."

((OOC this ends this session. Due to work schedule It will be tomorrow before I post anything again. (I hate 24+ hour shifts.) Now the fun can begin. 12 Cp awarded to everyone. Those of you who haven't sent me the trivia answers you have until the 26th to do so.)))

Archived