Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 3: session 1(space Group) Denied Fates

Justin OOC

"It'll be tricky," Lily agrees, "but we can do it. I could even carry people and fly them to the hangar if there was something they could get into, like a net or something. In fact..."

She brings up the base's map again, looking to see if there's a place where she could take a shortcut by teleporting from one corridor to another.

(This assumes that she can carry things with her when she's teleporting, of course. smile Also, with permission, I may want to raise my Teleport power level a notch. That'd boost her jump range from 100 meters to a kilometer. Her idea is that if there are parts of the base that are close to each other, but that the walk between is long because the corridors don't link them directly, she could teleport directly between them to save time and avoid possible encounters.)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((OOC nice idea but I wouldn't try it, some parts of the base are without power. If you want to go ahead, we'll see how it goes, but keep in Mind that The Armory has a cargo bay area as well. The reason you didn't land there in the first place is because the armory is surrounded by enemies. You're going to need external help from certain other parties to clear the area so the dropship can relocate to the Armory Cargo bay. You do have allies outside. yes you can carry things, though only up to your own bodyweight. You have to either get the armory cleared, or at least cleared enough for the ship to land, or you can clear all the corridors of creatures and take your chances running back and forth with civilians and the others.)))

"The one I passed in the hangar? Yeah, it'll fit and the doors work fine, but the kick is all the creatures on the outside. If those doors open they all get inside, everyone dies. If you all brought any Mechjocks with you, you might want to see about calling them to clear the bay door area for your ship. You make the call, I've got my hands full running heard on the children and scientists we have over here. And moving the damn reactor draws them like a damn magnet."

As luck would have it, Saito had already programmed a few of the more commonly used Satoshi frequencies into the Meteor's systems. However, a side effect of the Zero System was that the Meteor would have all frequencies open just in case of an emergency. The voice that came back to Georgi's call was indeed that of Saito Murazaki but something was VERY WRONG.

"YOU SCUM!!! YOU DARE TO CHALLENGE ME??!! IM GONNA SLICE YOU INTO A MILLION PIECES HYAAAAAA!!!!"

Georgi and Lily who knew Saito the best could tell that this was not the stoic military minded pilot that they had come to rely on. Saito seemed to have taken leave of his senses and was now in the midst of a psychotic rage.

He had seen and heard this many times in his military career. Saito was berserking. They would have to find another way to rescue the hostages. If they knew what they faced outside the Armory, they might be able to blast their way our.

"Colonel Illyev to Sergeant Johnson. What are the nature and number of threats outside the Armory?"

That is far too many for me to handle. Georgi's mind raced as he gritted his teeth.I could try and draw them away from the hangar doors...It would probably mean my life..but it would give Lily and the others a chance. He always knew he would die in battle..it was what he was created for. Before he would resort to something that drastic, however, he would broadcast for assistance. He didn't wish to die yet, and there were still mechs fighting outside. Amane was there too

"This is Colonel Illiyev to any Mechjock on Luna. We need you to clear the enemy from the hangar doors, outside the Armory. I repeat. To any Mech jock in range, we need you to clear the enemy from the hangar doors, outside the Armory."

Yua; now dormed down, races towards the armory as quickly as she can to get a good idea of the situation. She could not wait any longer at the thought of failing her mission or leaving any children behind. She keeps her super speed at almost max.

"Sorry, I have to do this."

(can I hear what Georgi says, or what he hears still? Or is it all in his helmet? I know part of it was on his speakers, but I'm not sure how much)

"Yua!" Lily calls. "Wait! We have to stick together! If you get ambushed alone, it won't do the survivors any good!"

((all of it can be heard))

Fresh from fininshing off another gravity shell shot Amane hears Georgi's call for assistance. Noting Saito's current Duel she responds. "This Is Captain Amane Kaunac, I will handle the outside, Dropship Echo-One, on my signal lift off from Hangare L-2 and rendevous at Cargo bay A-One."

"Roger that Captain Kaunac."

On a private channel Amane spoke directly to Georgi. (this is only heard by Georgi.) "Georgi, things are very very bad out here. Seargeant Johnson's right about using the Sanitizer. I'll get the ship there But I've taken alot of damage. Stay safe." The call ended abruptly leaving the group to deny the Fates.

(((OOC At this point each of you may craft a post similarly to the One Saito crafted earlier detailing how you fight the hordes of creatures between you and the people in the armory. You will not make it through undamaged, and you should be relatively fatigued from the effort. These will take up the next ten minutes of the clock, leaving another 10 to get the surviors aboard the ship and get out of the base before the neutron sanitizer activates. If you want help, ideas, or have questions PM me, I'm home till 4pm CST tomorrow, or contact me on AIM or Yahoo.)))

Yua stops dead in her tracks apon hearing Lily's voice which seemed to snap her back to reality and calm her worries.

"Yes...we should fight this out together".

A sigh left her lips. It was the mark of knowing she had almost derailed, but now was not the time. A serious and bloody battle awaited them all.

They had bought the time needed. The massive bay doors opened and the dropshi landed. People began boarding quickly as overhead another alarm began to sound. "Neutron Detonator has been activated. Ten minutes until discharge."

The Com in Georgi's helmet squawked. "We're away , you guys have ten minutes and counting before the sanitizer destroys all organic matter in a 80 klick radius. Finish loading and get the hell out." They heard the sound a dimensional distortion and then only static.

Before them another larger opponent loomed. It was easily ten feet tall, and bipedal. It had three scorpion tails and an almost human head with only two eyes and a single mouth lined with razor-edged teeth. Its massive arms held large blades folded back against them. "It would seem that you terrans continue to underestimate the things you are tampering with, just as the Federation has done."

Its right arm blade seemed to flip forward and it carried it as a sword. "The getter rays are a force of evolutionary power, not a plaything for you, or worse fuel for your weaponry. You have all perverted the Rays, and you must be punished, severely."

It launched into action, Identifying Yua as the most direct threat and bringing its sword to bear.

(((OOC Roll Initiative and let's get the party started. Yua Roll your defense checks))

The Creatures voice awoke Yua from unconsciousness and jolted her into a low adrenaline and dazed state. As she lifted her

head up the beast's arm blade came barreling towards her which caused her to instinctively leap back, grabbing the hilt of her buried blade simultaneously; Everything was a blur.

(Current Vamp HP: 180/90 & Current EP: 5/90 & T.D. Next Round)

(Initiative Result:22)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483932/

(1st Defense Result:18)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483939/

(2nd Defense Result:11 / "That's not good")

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483945/

(3rd Defense Result:11 / "That's REALLY not good")

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483949/

((OOC: Had to happen at some point))

The creature's blades flash as It easily pierces Yua's defenses with a trio of vicious attacks. It knocks away her sword with the first, the brings the blade in a reverse slash across her chest, only inches below her neck, splashing blood everywhere. The second blade flips around Lightning fast and inpales Yua through the chest and actually slamming her into the bulkhead behind her. The force of the attack leaves a crater in the armored wall and it pulls its blade out and nods.

"Now, which of you to finish next." It turns its attention to the other two leaving a barely conscious Yua bleeding on the floor. Lily was much closer and Georgi was further away, aiming at him with the heavy rifle.

"Which of you wishes to die first?"

(((OOC need Lily to post initiative and if it's higher than georgi's her actions/ defensive rolls. Yua, the first strike did 50 damage, the second did 100. Ya aren't dead, but I do believe a shock roll is in order.

Current Initiative Order is Creature Yua Georgi...)))

((OOC Creatures first Hit Caused 45 Damage after armor & the second hit did 95 after armor. The second attack will cause a Shock Roll. HP: 40/90 & EP: 15/90.))

(Shock Roll: 13)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1484341/

Yua's head is slammed violently into the wall from the force of the attack, knocking out every ounce of pride as her own life force bleeds out quickly. The warm drops of blood collide softly with her feet causing extreme panic that she had only been familiar with once.

"I c...cannot die like this" she utters faintly as her mind subsides from calmness into to pure desperation. "May the gods help me and forgive my foolishness."

She feels for the object that is impaled deep within her soon realizing that her fingers have all been broken from the pressure of getting the 800 pound blade dislodged from her hands at such speeds; What frightens her more is that the wrist sword is no longer lodged internally and she cannot feel the lower half of her body.

Scrambling for her flamburge like a thing possessed, Yua insistently tries to remain conscious.

((OOC: I'll post attack if I make the DC for Shock))

With calm precision, Georgi aimed carefully for the thing's head. There were two rounds left. Let my bullet fly true. He squeezed the trigger.

A loud explosion rang out, as the sabot round launched from the rifle.

((Attack:18 [aim, called shot to vital, accuracy, total attack]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1484520/

((Base sabot round damage: 85 [penetrating 5, piercing 5, area 1]...not sure how my modifiers and multipliers will affect the damage if he hit.))

(argh...can't do Invis Castle from work. You can roll for her if you want...defense is 2d6+8...or I can post later tonight. I'll edit the rolls in here if the second option is used)

Lily runs towards the beast, bringing her own energy sword up to parry its attacks!

Defense 1: 17

Defense 2: 19

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1485067/

(not sure of shield status at battle start, but she can recharge it pretty fast)

georgi's shot stops alot of the creatures forward momentum as it impacts in the left breast of the creature. It was a far cry from the creature's head, but from the blue-black blood gushing from the wound it was obviously hurt. It pressed on with its blades slashing crosswise at Lily. The slash skittered across her shield and then through it. The second impaling attack came in quickly but by either skill or divine favor It missed her and left another hole and crater-like dent in the armored wall.

(((OOC the shield is at half efficiency now. The slash attack does 50 damage. Between her shield and her armor not much will get through, for this particular attack.)))

Lily twists to roll with the slash, taking only a shallow gouge that barely shows up among the other damage to her jumpsuit. She leaps up to avoid the giant impaling attack...jumps, but doesn't slow her charge. She lands running, right on the huge demon's arm, and sprints straight along it towards the monster's body!

As it reacts, throwing its arm to the side to try to dislodge her, Lily leaps for the giant thing, screaming and brandishing her energy blade!

Attack 1: 16

Attack 2: 15

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1485329/

(62 damage per hit, 1 level armor piercing)

The princess was being pressed hard by the demonic beast. His first round hit, but didn't do enought damage. I swore to protect her! I swore I would protect them all! He poured all his emotions and feelings into this one last shot.

((Action 1: Aim))

((Action 2: Attack-23[Aim, Total Attack]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1485348/

Passion Activated - 35 ep used

((Base Sabot Round damage: 170 (due to passion) [penetrating 5, piercing 5, area 1]

Lily's first attack connects, but the second is met by the blade of the left arm. Then there's a rush of air and a thunderclap as dozens of flechettes and the sabot itself sever the creature's left arm at the shoulder.

"Very good, Very good, Not enough though." It's two tails snake out and drive into the remains of two fallen creatures, seeming to virtually drink them in. The left arm regenerates completely in a moment, though the wound from Lily's energy blade does not.

"As long as my bretheren are near terrans, I will not fall. You cannot hope to win this fight."

(((OOC Lily your move since Yua's out right now))

Lily notices that the gash from her blade doesn't close, and wonders if it's because it can't regenerate energy damage, or if it had just suffered more than it could heal back all at once.

There was one way to find out.

She pauses for a moment, sweeping all emotion from her mind, until she was as sharp and cold as the steel of a sword herself. It was a trick they'd taught her in the Academy. Blot out all distraction, everything but the target, without losing sight of the tactical situation. With a sudden movement, Lily swings her blade back as if to strike...then vanishes, reappearing behind the monster. With a pair of twirling, surgical strikes, she slashes at the bases of the tails, hoping to sever them!

(Using Concentration for 40ep and +2 to attack and defend this turn. Calling Shots on the tails, hoping that might inhibit its healing somehow. Attacks are: 11 and 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1486517/ Defenses are: 17 and 20. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1486519/ )

Astonishment mixed with anger crossed Georgi's face, when the severed arm healed. In a split second, the best he could throw at the creature was negated. And the princess was still in danger. Poor Yua looked be either unconsciou or dead. Later we will toast the fallen!. Right now he had a fight to finish.

Quote:
As long as my bretheren are near terrans, I will not fall.

After seeing how the creature healed in the presence of it's fallen bretheren, Georgi called out to Lily.

"Bring him over towards me!" Georgi did not want the creature closer to him, but the ground was clear of demon-corpses. Let's see how well you heal now!

He had only a few bursts left in his submachinegun. He was alomost out of ammo. If he couldn't kill it, then maybe he could harass it. A few shots at the same spot might be enough to get it to change targets. Once away from it's fallen bretheren, he could start to kill it.

((Attack 1:18 [total attack, called shot to reduce armor, Accuracy, single shot]))

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1486769/

((attack 2:18 [single shot]))

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1486770/

Damage:27

Lily's first attack missed badly, throwing off her aim. The second slash connects with the creature's flank. Miraculously at such close range another impaling attack misses, but the creature's backblade slash doesn't. Lily's field weakens further as another layer is peeled away.

Both of Georgi's shots impact the creature, one in the base of its neck, the other at the elbow of its impaling arm. Both shots penetrate, but not real deep.

"Stay there terran, I'll feast on you in a moment." Its upper back sprouts dozens of razor-edged bone spikes and in an explosion of muscle, hurls them at Georgi in a storm of flying bone.

Unseen by the monster, Yua began to glow, softly at first with rapidly intensifying light. There was a flash of red Light, and Yua was upright and in her full Hiroga form, but something was very different.

((Georgi roll defense))

Shock Roll: 14

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1487866/

The spines passed through his liver, lungs, large intesine, and thigh. Blood spurted The pain was white-hot.

He fired at the same spot as before, hoping to open a weak spot.

Attack 1: 10-snake eyes [called shot to reduce armor, accuracy]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1487959/

Attack 2: 14 [called shot to weak spot, accuracy]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1487962/

((Regenerates 35 damage))

(((OOC on botches the attack automatically fails, and the firearm jams, or if it's a sword, miraculously falls from the hand.)))

Georgi's finger strokes the trigger a hair to quickly, and the submachine gun jams. Several eyes seem to appear on its back. "You still haven't had enough have you?" More spines begin to sprout.. preparing for another hail of spines.

"I don't need to." Her first slash met its blade arm, which swept out from the bind and it slashed at her again, this time failing to strike, but its follow-up, just as hers didn't miss. The imapling strike connected with Lily's side, piercing her defenses and knocking her into the wall, even as her slash drew a burning, hissing line across its chest.

(((Impaling strike does 100 damage roll for shock if needed))

"NO!" Georgi bellows as he see the Princess go down. He quickly ejected the jammed round and began to run to the jumper for cover. Once there, he will resume firing, while making sure that none of the passenger can be hurt by the demon's attack. "Come on Lily, get up!

Attack 1: 16[called shot to reduce armor, accuracy, single shot]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1488899/

Attack 2: 13 [Called shot to vital, accuracy, single shot]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1488905/

Defend: 19 [Cover]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1488909/

Misyrennies slowly arises as the irratic flashing of red emanating from her solar plexus subsides. Her body is covered in runic glyphs spiraling around the open parts of her armor. Any traces of her human genetics are now completely lost. A bipedal and completely feral, white fox is left standing where human memories once resided.

She growls in low tone as the floor shudders and the soundwaves ripple through all organic matter. Her ears flatten. She's Upset.

"Hey Ugly!...You miss me!?"

She barrells towards the monster at top speed and leaps onto it's right shoulder, extending a shearingly bright set of claws bearing a spiritual composite. A series of brutal strikes hammer into the monsters face.

((OOC: Special Movement-perfect balance / Total Attack))

(1st Strike Result: 17 Critical Faliure)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1489466/

(1st Strike Reroll Result From Divine Relationship: 18)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1489468/

(1st Strike Final Reroll Result From Divine Relationship: 23)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1489469/

(2nd Strike Result: 16)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1489470/

(3rd Strike Result: 14 Critical Faliure)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1489472/

((OOC: God I HATE you Invisable Castle! All Claw Damage: 165)

(Defence 1/2/3 Results: 11/10/11)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1489473/

"We have to concentrate all our attacks onto him at once!"

Archived