Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 2 Session 2: The Debriefing

Justin OOC

Georgi turned to Lily, his face flashed irritation. "If you show up to PE in this uniform, I will smoke you until you puke!"

Then his face changed to a grin. "You have to earn an outfit like this."

(OOC: Smoke: v- military terminology; To excercise until steam rises from the head. Generally an unpleasant experience, involving muscle failure, crying, and profuse sweating. See: Push-ups till you puke.)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Right now, you need to focus on your schooling."

He had seen her prowess in battle, and he knew she had considerable combat ability. However, to Georgi, it was not enough to hold your own in battle. You had to learn the values of: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. Georgi coined it: LDRSHIP. It was ingrained into him as a soldier

Georgi grinned back. "When you are done, you can see me about joining the military. Once you are a soldier, and have completed additional specal forces training, you can wear black fatigues."

Lily sighs and falls into step beside him. She could tell him she'd already graduated from the top military academy the Dalaraan had to offer...though she didn't think it would be considered 'special forces.' Of course, her natural abilities put her way ahead of any normal Terran spec ops soldier, but that didn't count.

Besides, for now at least, she wanted him to think of her as just another...admittedly gifted...high school student.

"Does it have to be the Japanese military, or will any military do?" she can't help asking, with a little mischief.

"It could be Japanese, though any military would suffice."

Georgi was staring ahead as if trying to remember some long buried memory.

Suddenly, he started speaking in Russian: "Или, как в моем случае, российских военных." Then, without pause, he switched to English. "American special forces would work too." As he finished speaking in English, he changed to Chinese. "中国军队好士兵".

After waiting a few seconds for any reaction, he finishes. "So you see, it is not just the Japanese military that will suffice. "

Kongou wakes up when the voice intrudes on his dreams, "Huh? Oh. Lieutenant, I'll be right out. Just give me a chance to get dressed. I seem to have overslept." He jumps out of bed, clad in a pair of boxer shorts and nothing else, showing off a well-toned physique, along with some scars along his back and chest. He waits for the door to close before changing into the clothes provided for him. Kongou looks down at the jumpsuit in disgust, but then sighs and begins getting dressed after changing out of his sleeping outfit. After a couple of minutes, he opens the door and joins the group following the Lieutenant. "I hope this doesn't take too long." He yawns sleepily and looks around, nodding to the others. "Good morning, all."

Her brain had been seared by the sight she'd seen, but Amaya didn't mind in the least. Oh, dear ancestors, she sighed to herself, you are as kind as you are wise. Meeeow.

But there was little time for that; all too soon the door closed, and Amaya was dragged into the reality of her situation again. She was a prisoner in a Satoshi facility, they had the Key, probably one of the most powerful Keys ever and her classmates and teachers mostly failed to understand just how hosed they were.

"Good morning," Amaya chirped to Kongou as he joined them; then she realized just how chipper she'd sounded. Scowling at herself, she chided herself for showing such a... preference. It could be used by Satoshi.

"Most ranking structures are similar." Georgi had never really told anyone what his 'job' was in the Russian military. He was not likely to do either. That didn't however, preclude him from disclosing his rank.

"I carried the rank of Lt. Colonel in the Russian Army." He said finally.

Saito returned to the rest of the group trailing very far behind Amane. His hand was now bandaged and a little blood could be seen on his left hand but it had mostly been cleaned up. Saito stayed to the rear of his group, anyone who had known him previously could tell that a little emotion was beginning to show through his normally rigid facade. That emotion was a combination of Grief, Sorrow, and Anger.

Amane lead them all into a large room that was immacculately clean. Within that room there were six good-sized chairs lined up on one side of a long table. "Each of you, please be seated." She waited for them to seat themselves and then called the waiting Interrogators. "Captain Ishiyama, I have brought our guests to the debriefing room, we are ready now."

"Thank you Lieutenant Kaunac." The door on the other side of the room opened and Captain Ishiyama walked in, followed by Captain Bordeaux, and Lieutenant Yushiro Gowa. Each of them wore the dress black kimono of their office, though the Captains wore a white overlay that bore the emblem for their specific CRT upon it.

"I do hope you all enjoyed your night with us, I trust nothing went awry or else i'd have heard of it." Captain Ishiyama smiled. "I have been instructed to tell each of you that Both Kai Morisato and Atsushi Hayami are out of their near comas and have been moved to the recovery wing of the hospital. Regardless of what goes on in this room, It has been ordered that you be allowed to visit with them at the conclusion of this meeting." Inwardly he sighed, while it was sure to brighten their moods, they may distort the truth and leave things out just to get out.

"Your families have been notified that you were taken to a secure location after the attack and that you were being held only to insure no lasting harm came to you due to exposure to such radical elements." Captain Bordeaux's voice was soft and knid, but that belied an strength that was greater than steel. "We recovered all the demonic remains and are currently studying them at another facility. They are all very dead, and they will not be bothering you anymore."

Yushiro was the one to get to the point. "We will record this debriefing, though that is only so that if we need to provide answers later it will be your answers, not those that could become distorted. Through all this we are unclear as to the events that set this im motion. It is our hope that as the only surviving witnesses of the entire incident, the six of you might tell us exactly what happened. We Know that Atshushi was the reason No one outside of your little group could see the demons at first, that's one of his abilities to alter perceptions. What we wish o know is how this all came to pass." His tone isn't accusatory by any means, but he like everyone in the room knows these students know the truth.

[OOC now there is no posting order, just whoever wishes to speak. As no one has posted anything about the characters getting together and collaborating on the story, Each character only knows that part in which they directly witnessed. I would like for everyone to post their version of the story. The Officer's may ask questions, they may listen in silence. Be as thorough as your character would be. Things will continue after everyone has posted.]

Saito was the first to speak up. He bowed his head and sighed and then began to look back at the military panel before him.

"I am sorry sirs, but you will have to forgive me if I leave something out but I have just recived some very troubling news and I have not yet fully regained my composure. However, I am sure that anything that is left out by me shall be covered by my fellow students."

"President Hayami had gathered us together on the evening in questions and had told us of a number of murders that had occured on school grounds. His Excellency told us that it would be our job to patrol the school grounds and report anything out of the ordinary to the authorities."

"Shortly before our first patrol was scheduled to begin, His Excellency Hayami informed us that monsters had begun to swarm the school and that it was now our job to stop them. We split up into three groups and tried to find the source of the invaders. My group consisted of myself, my brother, and a young girl named Ariel".

There was a slight hesitation in Saito's words as he said the word "brother".

"As we ran along we made it to the school's courtyard and discovered two large demons attacking the school. I knew that the best combat tactics were to get eliminate the threats as soon as possible so I called in my machine to fight. The ensuing battle ended with me defeating two of the four giant sized demons and then being brought it by your teams"

"I do however have one final question: "What became of the young girl Ariel?" I have not seen her since I have made it to this base. Is she alright?"

Valerie was uncomfortable on her seat, She was sitting right between Amaya-Senpai and Lily, she fidgeted, because she knew something than the rest did not. Valerie had the ability to record in movie or snapshot formats anything she saw, and her vision was awfully clear.....but Satoshi would want to examine her if she told them......better to avoid it.

Listening to Saito, Val got up.

"Mine is similar.....I arrived late at a meeting organized by President Hayami, I missed all the explanation and was immediatly told I was to team up with Coach Gerorgi and Lily. Amaya senpai ran out of the room and I followed, Lily followed me from what I noticed but I suddenly found myself alone in the corridors." Breathing deeply Val closed her eyes, in her mind literally replaying the moments of last night.

"I tried to return, and found myself bumping into the others in the room. Coach Georgi and Lily told me that we were supposed to patrol the area, I followed them. Soon a high pitched chitter was all over the school in one of the corridors, and giagiantic spiders attacked us, we defended ourselves. I left Lily and Coach to clean up what was left, because I was worried about Amaya and Kai-senpai's, I found them on the field."

"They were being chased by large devil dogs, I cleared them out before running towards Amaya-senpai again, Lily and Coach followed me into the field I believe, that's when the wolves attacked Amaya-Senpai, Kai-Senpai, Ryo and me."

"They were big, strong and hard to hit. I helped both Lily and Coach, and Amaya and Ryo as much as I could, Lily and Coach managed to defeat one with little help, Ryo was hit by the brunt of one of the wolves attacks, and Amaya-senpai was protecting Kai, so I decided to not expose either and connected a kick with the wolf, that was when my leg got damaged."

"Afterwards, Coach, Amaya, Lily, Kai and I reunited and that's when your men came Captain."

Lily stands next.

"Like she said, we all met with the student body president after hours. The trouble started when Kai left...or...I think he turned up missing. Anyway, Amaya went off looking for him, and Valerie followed her, so me and Georgi went to make sure Val would be okay...and to help Amaya and Kai of course."

She takes a breath and gestures. "Anyway, there was an earthquake and some weird noises, funny lights...and like she said, giant spiders. We fought them off and right about as we finished them, there was this massive disturbance from across the courtyard. That's when the giant monsters started appearing, and the wolves."

With a shrug, Lily concludes, "It was a long hard fight for everyone, I think. Everyone was really brave, but it was just chaos for awhile. Me, Val and Georgi were cut off from the others until the very end, so I know I missed a lot."

Georgi rises from his seat and addresses the assembled oficers.

"What the students and my esteemed colleagues have said, covers most of what has ocurred. They each had their own experiences and interpretations of what happened around them."

"We called a meeting of the student council to arrange for patrols at the school. It was necessary following several murders at the school. After eating we divided into our respective groups. Our group went to look for some of the others who ran off to look for Kai and Amaya."

"Something ocurred. It could only be described as an earthquake, although, I don't think that is what it was. After the quake, the area seemed encased in some sort of 'bubble'. We were inside and...I can only describe it as Hell, on the outside. Anyways, things were finding their way in, and that was when I decided to set up a kill zone in one of the hallways. There we encountered and defeated a giant 'mother' spider and her young."

"At some point, I was wounded and as I shifted to my side to check the bleeding, a large black blade came up through the floor. It was followed by a shadowy black figure that issued a threat to me. I have no idea who...what it was, only that it said it means to do me harm."

"As we reached where the gymnasium once stood, we saw a pack of large dogs attacking the others. One of them, much larger than the others, looked like the creature out of Greek mthos called 'Cerebrus'. I engaged it with my .50 cal sniper and was with the help of the others, defeat it. Once the dogs were taken care of, an new manace appeared. Ghostly wolves and giant Demons."

"These were not normal wolves, and they spoke to us. They told us to give them Kai, and they would spare our lives. The wolves attacked and we fought them. At some point, I was bitten and put into some sort of stasis. Thankfully, Lily and the others were able to defeat one of them, before the remaining wolf retreated."

"The Demons were being engaged by Kongou and Saito outside the school in what looked to be Tokyo. Unfortunately I saw little of what ocurred because I was in combat at the time. you would need to speak with the Mecha pilots about that."

"When combat ended, you showed up. Now here we are. Oh, by the way, where is my Rifle?"

Georgi sits down, ready to finish the debriefing and the AAR. (After Action Report).

The three officers conferred. Captain Bordeaux fielded Saito's question. "We did register a small dimensional tear after the final quake, we found no evidence of another person, but residual particles of a dimesion jump. Perhaps your mystery member decided to cut and run."

Ishiyama spoke next to Georgi. "Your rifle was recovered from the site and is down in the armory. One of my men found it and mentioned that it looked to be well-cared for, so I had them take it down to the armory, tag it and restock it."

Yushiro turns to Valerie and Lily. "I do have a question for you." His gaze falls to Valerie. "You have Cybernetic implants beyond what is available to anyone on this world who isn't a member of our crisis response teams. How did you come to about them?"

To Lily he smiles. "Just how did three normal people manage to fight these demons? It's far beyond what normal humans can manage. These demons have already slain scores of humans before, how did you all manage to win, let alone survive? Thus far only the Kage have managed to do that."

Captain Ishiyam turned to address Kongou and Amaya. "What about the two of you? I assume Kongou, that your story is similar to Saito's, considering you're both pilots. Amaya is it? what about you? I surmise from what I saw that you and Mr. Morisato are close, and that you and several others have inquired repeatedly about his well-being."

When Kongou didn't seem like he was going to answer, Amaya stepped in. "Kai is by boyfriend," she said softly. "We've only been going out for a while. He's... Can I please go and see him?"

Captain Ishiyam smiled gently and said, "After the debriefing. If you have something to add, then we can get out of her quicker."

That, my girl, was the carrot, Amaya told herself. 'Come now, child, be reasonable and betray everything...' "It was awful," she whispered, clasping her hands and staring down at them to hide the irritation in them. "There were monsters. I remembered that the girl Kai had... loved-" She choked on the word just like any teenage girl would on learning that she wasn't the center of her boyfriend's affections. She cleared her throat and started over. "I found him at the library and somehow got him over my shoulder... also, a blonde woman was there. She kept us from the demons, and we were able to get away. I just ran and hid. I found a sword; I didn't know what I was doing, but I brandished it anyway. The demons tried to reason with me, to let Kai go. I... wouldn't, and I think they were going to attack when they all fled. And then... it all gets so blurry. I think that I got separated from Kai, because I remember finding him later, where your team found us. Does that help you guys?"

Lily looks at Amaya and Valerie, then back at the officers.

This is an official inquest...probably best not to let beans spill where they can't be swept up. At the same time, I don't want to claim that I'm human, or it'll make trouble later on.

"Between Georgi and Valerie and some others that were attacking it from a distance, I didn't really do much. And only one of the wolves actually died, you know. The other one blew up the gym and ran away when the...the...you know..." she flaps a hand. "...the lights started fading away and the portal disappeared."

"I think a lot of us got kind of lucky, to be honest...that it ended when it did."

Inside Georgi was chuckling. They think I am normal. Good. The longer they believe that, the better. He was expecting them to ask detailed and pointed questions eventually. If they are competent.

He listened to the others, and suppressed a grin at Amaya's theatrics. She fought along with them, and he was sure that Satoshi knew as well. They are miltary. They don't ask a question, unless they have a good idea about what happened. With that in mind, however, Georgi would not give them information freely. I am curious what Satoshi actually knows.

He looked back at Captain Ishiyama. "Captain, I appreciate you recovering it for me. I understand that there are certain 'regulations' that may not allow me to take posession of it at the moment, but when it is convenient, I would like it returned."

Val felt really useless in this cruicial moment, other than recordig the whole affair and snaping shots at every captain and luitenant.

She digged into the ground making small figures with her toes, the way Amaya-senpai was talking, she knew by her breathing rythm and the beat of hear heart that she was excited, but it was so inperceptible that nobody else could pick it, no matter what.

Valerie looked into the table when the question hit her. "You have Cybernetic implants beyond what is available to anyone on this world who isn't a member of our crisis response teams. How did you come to about them?"

Valerie didn't raise her head from where she was staring at the table. "I...huh....woke up with them one day." Valerie reminded to herself that she was not lying, she was merely not saying the entire truth, her cybernetic machiery unable to betray her toughts in her expression or her vitals, and the SdZ kept close by protecting her.

"I had...kept them quiet....whe-" a tought struck her in the middle of her sentence. "The barrier did not fell until after my actions had stopped, when did you searched me without my consent?" Valerie gripped the SdZ tightly on her hand.

Captain Bordeaux smiled. "Yes Mr. Murazaki I believe it does."

Ishiyama nods. "It helps some, but there's one thing I am noticing. It seems none of you witnessed Kai Morisato unlock the gate, though I'm sure those of you I found onsite did witness him destroy it.' He looks to Georgi. "I'll arrange for it to be returned whenever we're done here."

Yushiro actually interrupts him. "Pardon me esteemed Captain Ishiyama, but we have yet to ascertain the truth of the matter. Perhaps you shouldn't promise to return heavy weapons just yet."

He turned to Lily. "Your clothing was covered with blue blood. None of the demonic remains we recovered bled any fluid that color. I have fought and engaged Dalaraan before, however and they do posess blue blood. What do you make of that Lily?"

As he finished with Lily he turned to Valerie. "Battle-rom footage recorded by several CRT five members showed your leg badly damaged and actually casting off sparks. Closer examination of the footage lead us to analyze it and it revealed the level of technology was far beyond civilian prosthetics. Just sitting here now I have been scanning you and it seems your level of augmentation goes far beyond what any human on this world could recieve, let alone survive."

Captain Bordeaux moves with unparalelled speed and swiftly backhands Yushiro with a viscious slap. "Damn you and your Captain, Yushiro Gowa. You know it was expressly forbidden to go that far. These children and gentlemen are innocent of any wrongdoing. I will not tolerate you treating them like common criminals." She drew back her hand as Yushiro's head swung back around.

A new voice interjected. "Captain Bordeaux, reign yourself in or I will." Captain Takashi Satoshi Stood there in the room with his easy smile and utterly smug look on his face. It was impossible for him to be here, but yet here he was. "I ordered my Lieutenant to scan each of the guests and ascertain the nature of their origins. I see no reason to afford our enemies our hospitality for any length of time. We are fighting a war for our homeworld, and they attacked us. These childern bore witness to a level nine dimensional quake and not only survived, but managed to fight through the wave of demons who actually physically manifested in our world. The wolf demons they described beyond the Cerebrus are very likely phasewolves. They slew one, which you know is something few of us can say we've done. That leaves one still out there for us to hunt down, and heaven help us if it ascended.

Out of the group, Our Captain, the Key, and a pair of Hiroga were severly injured or killed outright. One of the Hiroga has level seven if not higher summoning potential. That means at least a Lieutenant level summon, perhaps the lower end of a Captain rank."

He shrugs "So, No, I'm not over-reacting to the situation. I've heard every word they've said and they're hiding something and

I will find out what it is, through whatever means are nescessarry." With that he draws his sword and swings it between Lily and Saito. So tell me, a Circinus Pilot, and a Dalaraan Pureblood fighting together, I hardly believe that little gem. Who are you really, and be quick, my blade hasn't gotten to slake its thirst in some time on anything other than Kage trash."

It was at that moment the spell seemed to be broken, because Amane appeared between him and the two students with her guns drawn and placed in his stomach and and underneath his jaw. "I was charged with protecting these children by both my Captain and head Captain Hayami, Takashi. If you even think of taking another step forward I will blast you in half and put a .75 cal HC round through your skull.

Captain Bordeaux had her hand to her guns and Ishiyama's hand was poised on the grip of his sword. Yushiro had appeared by Amane and had his daggers poised to pierce Amane's heart and liver.

Captain Satoshi, still smiling, spoke softly "Think carefully Amane if you kill me you'll die and I assure you my Lieutenant will hunt them all down and make sure they suffer."

"I can survive his released daggers Takashi, you can't survive my gunshots. Now stand down and sheathe you blade and get the hell out of here."

"Promises Promises, my little Amane...." Amane's eyes flared and her fingers tightened. At this point Ishiyama and Bordeaux intervened. Ishiyama placed a hand on Captain Satoshi's shoulder and Bordeaux on Amane. "Both of you put away your damn weapons or we will both force you.."

The gleam in Satoshi's seye said he was thinking about how he'd kill them all but it vanished, as did he and he reappeared behind the desk, already rehoming his sword. "Fine Ishiyam, Jean-Marie, I've tried warning you. Do what you will, but donlt think I will forget this. His words carried an ominus threat for all present. "Come Yushiro, The E-Shadow and the rest of our machines need to be prepared. The Dalaraan are on the move again, and this time I plan to be ready. I want to be the one who cuts that royal flagship in half."

Yushiro nodded and rehomed his blades and left with his Captain.

The Stutents and faculty were left there with the two captains Amane, and the words that Satoshi had said.

"Well now that he's thrown his little tantrum, let's say we continue abit more civilly. Does anyone have anything they wish to say, anything left out Now is the time to clear the air, before we pass the point of no return."

Coach Illiyev replied to Captain Ishiyama. "I'm not sure what additional information we can supply about the incident, that you don't already have." He wanted to avoid telling them about his unique nature, or of his companions for that matter. "Besides, it seems that you have certain disciplinary issues that need to be addressed first." A place like this had to have higher ups to deal with these issues. Unless they are a rogue element. That last thought made him shudder.

He looked at Lily with a raised eyebrow. She is not what she seems either. I have seen what she can do. From what I am learning, neither is Kai or Valerie. Georgi surreptitiously and unconsciously fingered his holstered weapon.

He turned his head towards Amane. "Who is the superior officer on this base? Who is Satoshi's OIC?"

(OOC)OIC:- Officer In Charge.

Saito turns to answer Amaya.

"To me it seems that he is refering to the fact that young Mr. Satoshi is about to do something that will change the world as we know it. And personally, I take all that he has said as the rants of an insane man that do not have a place in a world of peace and protection."

Saito turns back to face the two Captains and Amane.

"It also seems to me that Satoshi Heavy Industries have decided to take it upon themselves to become the represetatives of humanity to other worldly visitors. I can only hope that the Dalaraan do not feel that those that they have been fighting represent the human race as a whole. Because no amount of peace talks can change what we have done."

Saito lowers his head sighs and raises it to face the panel once more.

"It seems that your company has gotten the planet Earth into a very deadly situations Sirs."

Jean Marie nodded to Lily. "Yes, the Flagship Ascendant Victory has finally comeout from behind our moon. It's something at least three Captains have been waiting for. Captain Hayami has long sought to open a Dialogue. One last chance for peace with the Dalaraan. However, Captain's Satoshi and Khirghiz have been waiting to destroy the ship and everything around it. Theiy command the two largest combat Teams and have been mustering everything for an all-out assault. We've identified the crest on the flagship as that of the Emperor himself, so it's our hope this will be a peaceful movement."

Captain Ishiyama addressed the group next. He looked to Amaya. "Lieutenant Gowa sent me everything he recorded and his analysis before he left. Thus far I haven't looked at them. The point of no return is when I do and find out the truth about you all. So I'll ask politely is there anything you omitted?"

Amane fielded Georgi's and Saito's questions. "Currently all of the Twelve CRT Captains are autonomous. Each of the operates generally as they see fit for the betterment of the company. Generally Captain Hizashi Hayami, as the head of CRT 1 is considered the highest ranked officer whenever he is present. Captain Satoshi, due to his status is generally viewed as the Second authority among the Officer Corps. It isn't uncommon for teams to work together and as I stated my orders to protect you all come from both my own Captain Nagare and Captain Hayami. I think that and the fact that both Captain's Bordeaux and Ishiyama were here is why Captain Satoshi cut his losses and left."

Her face darkens abit as she turns to Saito. "When First Contact was made by the Joint US and Japanese mission to Mars The Circinus Federation captured and interrogated the crew. That's how they knew where to strike, or have you not noticed the drastic scaleback of military force on planet. It's all being kept under wraps. Satoshi because of our influence and research, was the only force able to combat the dual threats of the Federation and the Empire. We beat back their first assaults with nearly eighty percent casualties, but we kept them from landing significant forces on-planet.

It seemed fate was on our side because they started fighting amongst themselves in Lunar orbit. To keep people from finding out about the lunar battles We bought up controlling interest in every observatory that could follow the lunar battle. We took battlefield salvage and reverse engineered much of the Dalaraan and Circinus Technology and immediately set about rebuilding our forces to face them.

They attacked us first,we are defending ourselves. Had they come in peace this may not have happened but it has."

She looked to Lily and smiled. "That is however the past now. Both my Captain and I would like to see peace. We all have enough blood on our hands, it's time for the war to end."

Captain Ishiyama looked to Amane. "I can see where you two would say that Amane. It was You in the Getter-2 that was ordered to destroy the last Royal starship and its escort fleet. Your Captain has the highest number of confirmed Dalaraan kills in the company. You both won the Crest of the Sword for your astounding solo victories over vastly more numerical foes. I was meaning to ask you why you aren't wearing it. Only three Cpatains and yourself have the honor of that award. It's an achievement to be proud of."

Each layer of praise caused Amane to wince. She had shot Lily's ship down, had killed everyone protecting her. The two people who had done the most damage to her people were the ones she'd entrusted with her secret, her safety. It was obvious to everyone that Amane had grown incredibly uncomfortable very quickly.

Ishiyama moved to say something more but Jean-Marie stopped him. "Captain that's enough. Amane isn't like Takashi or Sergei, reveling in the blood of slain foes, boasting of their prowess. She knows very well what she's done and she shoulders that burden the same as each of us who have killed in defense of our homes do." Though she seems to look at Amane, her eyes focus on Lily. She speaks to Saito without taking her eyes from Lily. "Our company is the only thing that has stopped a major invasion of our world by two Alien nations. Given the circumstances Saito Murazaki, we have done everything within our power to halt their advances. We don't move towards them unless they come at us. For awhile now the Federation and Empire have been pounding on each other, and so long as that remains the way of things we will not interfere. There are still Domestic issues to deal with, not the least of which is the destruction of a large part of Tokyo and The battle everyone there bore witness too. It's not something we can just say was a scene from a movie, people died out there while you all fought."

Poor Lily seems utterly at a loss at several of the revelations. For a moment all she can do is sit there with her mouth hanging open and her eyes wide.

"I...I don't..."

Raising a hand slowly to her temple, Lily looks away, at the door. Then finally she looks back, still shaken, but resolute.

"Hang on a second Captain Ishiyama. I guess I do have more to say."

She glances at Amane quickly, expression hard to read, but seeming to make sure that this was the time for it, now that Satoshi and his henchmen were gone.

He did'nt know whether to smash the table into bits or laugh. Were they serious about the 'captains' having their own autonomy. Who keeps them in check? Who coordinates their actions? What is to stop the whole place from collapsing into warring factions? He almost burst out laughing when he realized that if these were really military personnel, that he was the highest ranking officer there. A lot of good it will do me. It would be like an American general coming to Russia and telling their soldiers what to do. I am out of their chain of command. He just looked at the top of the table and shook his head before lifting it and looking at Captain Ishiyama.

"So you are telling me that the 'Captains' are in charge, and there is no-one to hold them to account?" Georgi gave them an angry look. "This sounds less like a miltary facility and more like a base of rogue mercenaries who do their own thing. I will not answer anymore questions until I speak with the person in charge...and you had better not toss some low ranking officer at me. Do you hear me...Captain!"

Georgi was not about to tell them that he was a Leutenant Colonel in the Russian Army. He was waiting for the right opportunity. It would come very soon...he hoped.

The other information was interesting, and he was still digesting it. An Dalaraan Imperial cruiser? Circinius Federation? Why their sudden interest in Earth? These were questions he wanted to get.. But it would not be from some captain. Maybe I can get Amane to open up

Captain Bordeaux nodded to Georgi. "We answer to the board of directors of the company. Beyond that each of us is required to file a misiion statement for any undertaking and we are expected to succeed on any mission we undertake.

As Lieutenant Kaunac stated, we all generally defer to First Captain Hizashi Hayami out of respect for his wisdom and leadership ability. Beyond that we are not accountable to each other. When inter-team disputes arise we do one of two things. We let the members sort it out themselves, or we or our Lieutenants handle it within our squads.

You seem to assume that because we call ourselves Captains and Lieutenants, that those are our equivalent military rankings. Each Captain is responsible for close to ten thousand employees and CRT members. If we went by that we'd be more like Full Colonels. The Title commands more respect, but in times of crisis Captain is more convenient for all involved. Our Lieutenants would be an Aide-de-camp of the Major rank in the standard military organization.

Each Captain and certain Lieutenants can be said to speak for their teams. Loyalty to one's Captain is on par with Loyalty to the company itself. I believe you've already seen one example of that. Amane here stood up to probably the most lethal man in this company on behalf of your students because her Captain ordered her to protect you all with her life."

She smiles. "There are many occasions where we Captains will combine our teams to accomplish large goals and to be blunt, take on larger operations. "She nods to Kongou. This last Operation was one such collaborative effort. Though if not for where it happened I'd never work with Captain Sergei Khirghiz. That man is little more than a beast."

Captain Ishiyama lays a hand on Captain Bordeaux's shoulder. "It's alright Jean-Marie. Everyone in the Company knows your distaste of him, if there had been another team available I would have used them instead of his."

He turns to Saito. "I do apologize for his behavior Saito. His past isn't a nice one and if not for his exceptional skill he wouldn't be a part of this company."

He looks to Lily and smiles, silently willing her to continue.

Sergei Khirghiz! What is he doing here? Georgi recognized the name and understood why the others were reluctant to work with him. If he is a Captain, then this 'board of directors' has no idea what they are doing.

"Are you telling me that you answer to a corporate entity, and not to a civilian authority?" Georgi was astonished that a corporation would be allowed to conduct open military operations. Someone in regular military circles had to authorize the existence of this mercenary group...even if it may be the only group that can protect the Earth. Georgi had to find out who it was. If they knew about Sergei, this place would be getting an enema.

Georgi's face contorted into a sneer. "I'm sorry, but I cannot recognize any chain of comand that does not get it's orders from a legitimate political entity." His face calmed slightly. "No offense, but anyone can call themself a 'Colonel' in a mercenary army...which is what you guys are.. You do not operate under the flag of a nation, or answer to civilian authority. If you did, Sergei Khirghiz wouldn't have gotten within a hundred miles of this place."

Lily glances uncertainly at Georgi, then back at the Captains.

"Look," she says urgently. "I'll be honest...I'm not too worried about authorities or ranks or any of that right now. If what I just heard about royal flagships is right, and it's really got the Emperor's crest, that's all I'm worried about."

She takes a deep breath and blurts, "Because if that's true, then my father's on that ship, and Satoshi, and Earth, are about to make a -huge- mistake!"

Lily looks at Saito, remembering abruptly that their questioner had referred to him as a 'Circinus pilot.'

Maybe so...but it's too late to back down now. No need to be TOO specific though.

She nods at him. "I'm a daughter of the Emperor, yes. One of the Princesses of Dalaraan."

She turns a pleading look on the Captain.

"I came here at my own request to represent the Emperor himself in negotiating a cease-fire and hopefully lasting peace with Earth. Dalaraan isn't your enemy, or at least we don't want to be. We never wanted to attack Earth. But listen, I need to talk to the fleet, I need to try to reach the flagship and it has to be before that other Captain carries out his attack!"

Lily takes a deep breath and finishes, "If they attack the flagship, it could very well mean war, even if the attack is repulsed. The Emperor wouldn't want it, but there's traditions that go way back that the Houses and lords would expect him to stick to. You'd be forcing him to choose between peace with Earth and the political stability of the whole Empire. Please...no matter what you think about all this, I -need- to contact them!"

Our Mandate to Operate is granted by the United Nations Security council. Russia, Japan, the United States, China, and Great Britain have ceded authority to us to conduct our operations in conjunction with native forces. I will not bore you with all the particulars of the arrangement, but I will not, there's no point in it right now. Each Nation sent representatives to see to their interests. Russia saddled us with Sergei Khirghiz. That's why he's here more than anything.

Because we have the the best and brightest minds and the most experience and battlefield salvage We are generally not questioned. Provided we disseminate the technology to defend our home with the other nations the status quo goes unquestioned." Captain Ishiyama nodded.

Lily's revelation shocked the Captains who speared Amane with a blank gaze. "Is this true Amane?"

"Yes Jean-Marie, Captain Nagare and Shibaksuka asked me not to speak of it until she felt it right." She nods to Lily. The Princess has been granted privelage as befits her station by both Captains Hayami, Captain Nagare and Captain Shibaksuka. I tw as on Captain Nagare's reccomendation that we procceed with the debriefing due to Captain Satoshi. As expected he barged in and had he known who stood there, there's no doubt he wouldn't have spoken, simply cut Lily and the others down."

"You Decieved us both Amane."

"I apologize Captain Ishiyama. It was nescessarry to preserve the lives of our guests, to preserve a chance at peace. The aforementioned Captains are willing to sign off on a meeting to discuss peace with the Empire, as will Captain Hitsugaya. As you know for such a monumental decision, a council of officers would naturally be called. It would need a Majority to pass."

"You want our support for this mission of peace?"

"Yes Captain Bordeaux, we have to act quickly. Sergei and Takashi will launch as soon as they can. If they Launch an attack any chance for peace is gone and we will face the full brunt of their fury."

The two Captains looked at each other and then nodded. "So be it Amane. Take Lily and do as you feel you need to. We'll continue this some other time. I have to go and try to reign in Takashi." Captain Ishiyama nodded to the others. "It seems we have an opportunity we can ill-afford to pass up. You may all choose to Accompany Lily and Amane to their task, or you can meet with Atsushi and Kai now."

Jean-Marie nods to Amane. "I'll accompany you. With the importance of your companion..." She looks to Lily and smiles. "You might need some extra muscle, just in case Takashi gets wind of this." She walks over to Lily and extends her right hand. "It is a pleasure Princess, may peace come at last."

Saito took a few seconds to process what he has just learned and immediately stood at attention.

"Mission Accepted, Princess". Saito said as he saluted her highness.

"I will provide assistance in any way that you would deem needed. Both myself and the Meteor shall stand by you in your battle for peace".

Saito lowered his hand and went "at ease".

Lily winces and says, "Guys...look...I'm still me, okay? I mean, I'm going to have to be all diplomatic and stuff for a little bit to get through this, but I'll be getting more than enough 'princesses' from everyone else."

"I'd rather you guys still called me Lily, if you don't mind. And...you know, still talked to me like I was just a friend."

She manages a hopeful smile. "I don't want everything in my life to be defined by my princessosity."

Amaya glanced at Lily, unsure of what to feel. A Dalaraan princess? How... precious. She'd better not expect me to treat her as my princess.

"Lily, I'm sorry, but I have to stay and talk to Kai," she said softly. "Besides, it sounds like you're going into a fight, and I don't know how good I'll be there." She smiled slightly, her expression apologetic. "I'm so sorry I can't go with you."

Archived