Exalted: Shards of Hope - General Discussion

Dave ST

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I was waiting on someone more than just Lily and Rysha to post a response to the tremor of Nasty Plain Just Not Niceness that shook the earth at thier feet...

Chrsitmas is over people, get off your asses and start posting. I'm not accepting the whole "Ugh, I ate too much over the Holidays..." Nuh uh... bullshit... If you have the energy to sit your happy ass at the computer to read this forum then dammnit you have the energy to post maggot!

Post...

Or I will find you...

And you don't want that...

grin

I'm kidding of course...

Mostly...

Hugs n' Kisses,

Dave The Story Teller

It has come to my attention that apparently I was the next person up for a post... I don't know how this escaped the notice of my intelligence network.

Those responsible have been flogged and violated in ways that are kinky, yet refined.

I'll have something for you soon ladies n' germs.

Originally Posted By: Lou Anne Burgess
Eh, even the Bothan Spynet has issues with incorrect intel sometimes...

Ha! Never to trust anything that looks like a five foot bipedal camel with no hump!

Words to live by friends...

Lily: Actually All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight is the charm that permits an Exalt to actually see the flow essence itself. However, since this creature exists in both realms simultaneously (physical and spiritual) then a charm that permits an Exalt to see spirits would allow you to see where the physical ends and the spiritual begins.

Like seeing a spirit possessing a body. Even though they overlap each other, the physical body would be dim while the spirits form overlapped it.

This may help the Exalts discover a weak spot...

Rysha: Glad you like it, this should give Ryhsa a good workout no?

Remember, you're all still under the 'immortality' clause at the moment. Meaning it's impossible to actually die during this chapter. This is so you can get an idea of how I run stories and make things fun and interesting for the players, so do not be afraid to experiment and have some fun. Seriously, this a rare occasion where your character has nothing to lose.

OOCly it may make it too easy and it may even suck to know that your victory against this beast almost assured despite its great size and obvious power. Try not to dwell on it though, remember to the Exalts it's very real and very dangerous.

I've already mentioned one manner in which the beast may be climbed (the 'warrior' types would know that the body is a hopeless place to start, so go for the head), if you didn't get it or I failed to get the description across (which is possible, things get lost in translation), then I'll mention it again, along with one or two others. For now I'm going to let you talk amongst yourselves to figure out a strategy that works for you.

Most importantly, have fun and be creative.

Originally Posted By: Lou Anne Burgess
Are there any obviously dead Selkies (the ones we fought already) handing limp anywhere in this part of the body?

No. When 'killed' they retract into the body so there are none hanging, but you may see a few closed sores, looking like little puckered... well, you picture it. They regenerate rather quickly (about one per day) but they are not visible.

Quote:
You describe the body as gnarled like a tree but with oozing sores. Are the sores far enough apart that the body can be climbed that way or are we going to be trying to climb a wall of slime?

Thick as a tree, it still looks like a regular wormy body except for all the sores littering its body. Considering how it burrows it's not covered in a slimy coating, the slime just spurts and glops out from the sores. Chances are your character is going to get dirty and mayhap even come out of this feeling a bit sullied and unusual. The slime itself is more for dramatic license then any actual game effect besides me getting to laugh as you describe how thoroughly grossed out your character is…

The life of a hero... yipee!

To the next part... the sores are numerous enough (nearly 500 just on the part that's visible) that one way to reach the head may to leap from selkys to selkys dodging the attacks of the tentacles or reaching better footing as they try to retract themselves out from under you.

This thing is packing more tentacles than my entire hentai DVD collection... I mean, uh, my neighbors entire collection...

Posted. Sorry but I'm low on time lately and getting over being sick (again), so I hope that the quality of my posts will imporve as well as the frequency.

Anyway, keep it going, hope everyone is enjoying themselves.

The spice must flow!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't posted next, I have a post kinda ready, but I can't find the time to roll it... (Can't have dice at work & don't keep dice near the computer at home).

As such, is there an online Exalted Die roller that people use that could make it easier to do while I'm at work on those seeming to become rarer days when I have time to do fun stuff?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Lily, to answer your questions:

16+ means your considered to have spend 16+ motes of peripheral essence, so even though you're all close to full essence pools your Iconic Anima Banners are unleashed. You're battle will also be visible for miles.

The shard is what makes a mortal a Solar Exalt. It holds your peripheral essence pool and is bound to your soul. It's also what contains the memories from past lives. I don't have my book handy or I'd provide a better explination. smile It should be in the lexicon of either version of exalted.

• 2 weeks later...

Next post is up.

It may seem as if Quinn and Ahroun are stealing the show, but I'm using them as examples of how charms or combos, as simple as they seem, can end up sounding epic and destructive on a massive scale. That's why they're mostly destroying the 'filler', but looking damn good while doing so.

Lily - I know you held your action and meant to interrupt the creature, I had Mei-Ying reflexively attack the selkys that beat out Rysha on a stealth check.

That reflexive attack didn't effect Mei-Ying's action, since I used it for dramatic filler. Feel free to continue with whatever plan you had for her. smile.

No, actually, that's -exactly- why I was holding my action. smile

I figured I could try to react to its action, and hopefully help my pals out. smile

So that was my plan for this turn.

And arg, I forgot to post anima flare! I shall do so anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived