Aberrant: 2011 - Out of the Hospital

Libertyne

Hey all. I just thought I'd let you all know that I'm officially out of the hospital. I'll still be in Philadelphia another week or so while the investigation into the events surrounding Cyn's death are conducted (they're talking possible criminal negligence on my part for not stopping her sooner), so for now, I'm just staying at a hotel.

My recovery is going okay. Some of you stopped by and visited me at the hospital, and I wanted to thank everyone for the cards, flowers, words of encouragement, and the visits. It really helped.

I wouldn't dare say I'm "back to normal" just yet. I don't know that I'm ever going to be just the same as I was. I guess I still need to do some serious thinking about where to go from here, and how I feel about what I've done and how I'm going to resolve it with what I've been doing. Obviously, certain groups who will remain nameless are having a field day with this, calling me a murderer and a poor role model, and so on. So it's rough. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it up. Seems a shame to retire, but part of me feels like my public persona is shot. I don't know.

But hey, I'm still Brittany. I haven't become a whole other person, or anything. I've just got some new complications I need to deal with, and I guess I'll be a little askew until I do. Thanks to everyone.

I guess I just wanted to say I was back, but it turned into something way longer. Sorry. blush

Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
I guess I just wanted to say I was back, but it turned into something way longer. Sorry. blush

Brittany, give me a call, sugar, if you need someone to talk to.

I'm glad to see you're getting better.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
You still owe me a night out on the town,and I will collect.

Wow, but isn't somebody a pushy chemical reaction! Just cause she's out of the hospital doesn't mean she's ready for company. Sheesh!

*gets serious*

Originally Posted By: LiberTeen, BABY!
I guess I still need to do some serious thinking about where to go from here, and how I feel about what I've done and how I'm going to resolve it with what I've been doing. Obviously, certain groups who will remain nameless are having a field day with this, calling me a murderer and a poor role model, and so on. So it's rough. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it up. Seems a shame to retire, but part of me feels like my public persona is shot. I don't know.

The only thing my real dad gave me was this piece of advice: "Don't let anyone define you, including you."

If you want to be a skimpily dressed sexually liberated near-minor, go for it. If you want to be a Puritanical muny-def, do it. Whom you kill has nothing to do with whom you fuck. Unless you kill them while fucking them. Then I guess it does matter. But not any other time.

So if anyone gives you shit about being a libertine by shouting "Murderer" at you, you just show them how separate fucking and killing is. One you'll both enjoy; the other, probably only one of you will dig (I'll let you decide which is what).

And if you need to tear some shit up, I have a bunch of old parts lying around my backyard. You can even scream profanities; my family won't mind. Hell, they'll probably score you on creativy, length and effectiveness.

Originally Posted By: The Coyote
Yay!! I saw the footage of your fight with Cyn - pretty awesome stuff.

Originally Posted By: Alptraum
May I be the first to say that you deserved every agonizing moment.

smile

See, now you just sound like a petulant suitor who was rejected by Liberteen. You really need to work on your delivery. I still can't tell what you're going for!

I am not "going" for anything. I am only trying to be honest. Nothing more.

A lot to reply to, here. I'll try to get you all in turn. smile

Originally Posted By: Coyote
See, now you just sound like a petulant suitor who was rejected by Liberteen. You really need to work on your delivery. I still can't tell what you're going for!

You know what, Coyote? I think you might be right. That's probably what all of Alptraum's little hissy fits stem from. He can call me a "whore" and a "slut" all he wants, but I know from experience that those words are frequently said out of passion. I'm not exactly "mud people", either. The little Nazi goofball's probably got a teeny little hard-on for me. I mean, I'm basically the Aryan ideal.

Thanks! grin You really helped make sense of this, actually. And I also wanted to thank you for your good advice. Your real father gave you some good advice, and thank you for passing it on to me. I might take you up on that offer sometime, in fact.

Originally Posted By: Caramel Bath
Brittany, give me a call, sugar, if you need someone to talk to.

I'm glad to see you're getting better.

Thank you, Kara. And thank you so much for visiting me. You gave me a lot to think about, and seeing you really helped.

Originally Posted By: Cat
You still owe me a night out on the town,and I will collect.

You got it, Cat. wink Just give me a little time to sort of get back to normal, huh?

Originally Posted By: Mech
I'm glad to hear you're out of the hospital and welcome back, you've been missed.

Thank you, very, very much. I'm sorry I missed your party. I hear it was quite a blast. smile

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
Nothing to be sorry about Brittany. I'm glad that you are up and about again. It would be nice to have dinner with you and Robert again. Give me a call.

I will, Daniel. Robby and I would be happy to meet you again. And thank you so kindly for all your words of encouragement and support through this.

Originally Posted By: Creeper
This great news! I'm glad that you are feeling much better and out of the hospital.

Thank you, Creeper. smile

Originally Posted By: Primal
Once you tasted blood, you'll always want more.

Don't hold back blondie, cuz there ain't nothing like it.

But, I don't need to tell you that, now do I?

Glad you're well. G'luck at life.

I suppose that's as good as it gets from you, Primal, so thank you for the sweet words. smile It's my hope that my blood-tasting days are come and gone, though.

Originally Posted By: Rosemarie
Good to hear you're doing well, sweetheart.

See, I'm not all bitch.

I never said you were. smile And thank you.

What you said about Balm was reprehensible, however. She was a kind and good person, and deserves to be honored in her memory.

Originally Posted By: Aesira
Liberteen, if I understand this correctly, you killed a mass-murderess that came gunning for you. Why would you feel bad about this? Why any regrets? She chose her fate and she was fated to die by your hand.

I'm slowly coming to grips with the reality of the situation, Aesira, but the truth is that I didn't want to kill anybody. I've always told myself that there's always another way. I still am having trouble getting over the idea that I didn't do what I did simply because I wasn't smart enough or fast enough to think of a better way.

Everyone's right. The world is better off without Cyn. I'm not thrilled that I was the one to usher her out of it, however.

Originally Posted By: Bellator
Very glad to see you out of the hospital. If you'd like, i'd be glad to visit with you when you have the time. I might be able to help with the post-combat destressing.

That might not be a bad idea, actually. Thank you for the offer. smile I'll have to speak to Dr. Guildersmythe about the idea, first, but it sounds promising.

Hey all.

Hello.

I'd like you to know that you did my profession a favor. Cyn gave killing a bad name. She was reckless and a danger to herself and others for no good cause. That will not do. Good job ridding the world of her.

When you need repayment of this favor, contact me.

Originally Posted By: White Widow
Hello.

I'd like you to know that you did my profession a favor. Cyn gave killing a bad name. She was reckless and a danger to herself and others for no good cause. That will not do. Good job ridding the world of her.

To pretend that I didn't understand what you're saying would be disingenuous. I still don't feel particularly good about what I did, but if you are, as you say, a professional killer, I suppose it behooves me to have a favor owed me, whatever form that takes.

Still, you don't owe me anything, White Widow. I did the only thing I could at the time. That is all.

Originally Posted By: Alptraum
I am not "going" for anything. I am only trying to be honest. Nothing more.

Just send flowers, if you're going for honest. wink Or be really sugary and send her personalized candy. When my last boyfriend did that, I loved it. That was in part because I got to have an awesome-crazy sugar rush, though!

I dun wana wait! That doesn't mean I will not wait.It just means I don't want to!

Coyote, would you seek to speak for another nova?Is that like um the you people don't do? I mean with the whole do as you want thing going on.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you had a handicap. Really, I don't normally pick on retards. I didn't know you people could erupt. That's fascinating! Did you get retard strength?

Oops. I mean, intelligence-challenged strength. Sorry about that; I sometimes forget to be PC. You can call me squaw once, to even us up, ok?

Cat's just an idiot not retarded.... honestly giving the mentally challenged a bad name by saying Cat's one of them.... Shame on you Coyote....

Sorry for the thread hijacking by the way Liberteen. It's good to hear that you're out of the hospital.

Liberteen, it is great to hear that Cyn is deceased. I have been investigating her regarding Karas assault, and she is a hard one to track down. You saved me a lot of time and energy.

It is good that such evil can no longer walk the planet. It is also nice to see that you have recovered.

Hey, guys... frown I'd appreciate it if you didn't make fun of Cat. Regardless of what you think, she's a friend of mine and someone I happen to like a lot. And she's not stupid. If you have to make fun of her like that, I'd really appreciate it if you at least took it elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: Changeling
Liberteen, it is great to hear that Cyn is deceased. I have been investigating her regarding Karas assault, and she is a hard one to track down. You saved me a lot of time and energy.

It is good that such evil can no longer walk the planet. It is also nice to see that you have recovered.

Thank you, Changeling. I know that you did a lot in the way of defending Kara and that you had a particular interest in seeing something done about Cyn. I'm pretty glad that Cyn won't be hurting anyone else, too, and I'm happy that I'm feeling better. I'm still not quite over it completely, but I'm living. Thank you again.

Still, you don't owe me anything, White Widow. I did the only thing I could at the time. That is all.

I don't think you understand what kind of favor I'm offering. Here's a hint: there will only be blood involved if someone starts biting.

Hey, guys... frown I'd appreciate it if you didn't make fun of Cat. Regardless of what you think, she's a friend of mine and someone I happen to like a lot. And she's not stupid. If you have to make fun of her like that, I'd really appreciate it if you at least took it elsewhere.

Liberteen, I promise you that I really thought she was mentally challenged, given the poor spelling and punctuation, and the fact that I couldn't interrept what she said, at all. And I'm usually good at picking up what people mean, even if they aren't being clear. So I'm sorry to you, and to Catalyst, but it was a real misunderstanding on my part.

I'm still glad you're ok!

You're making fun of my catsuit again I see. Penguins have white bellies. My outfit is all black. Therefore I must not be a penguin.

Or you're a freak penguin, and THEY will make a cute musical about how making one's life choices for oneself is Very Important™. Or maybe the lesson was that when you start to starve, you have to start dancing.

Sounds like something my people would do.

OR she's gonna get sick of you fucking with her, split you from your nose to your cunt, and leave you in a ditch where the authorities can boggle over why such a grisly murder is punctuated by a penguin shoved in your ass.

I like the outfit.

Archived