Aberrant: 2011 - Hello there, ladies and gentlemen!

Rosemarie

I see there's a bunch of interesting individuals at these forums, so I felt compelled to introduce myself.

My name is Rosemarie Pierce, and I host Quantum Expressions on the N! Channel... You know, the art segment tagged to the end of N!tertainment Tonight? If you do, that's wonderful. If you don't, I'll be happy to educate you.

I look forward to meeting you all online.

Hi! I did research on you and just saw your opcast on Riley Troncoso's Southwest collection. You were wrong; he did capture the sere beauty of this area. Check Jimmy Redhorse's work for comparison, and then Evie Garcia. Evie's a hack who overuses sennia; Jimmy and Ry aren't. Though you were right Ry doesn't put enough life into his work; it's very static. Jimmy's the best of the three.

Oh, Jimmy's stuff is hard to find; let me know if you can't find anything, and I'll hook you up, ok?

[OOC: I'm trying to form a discussion for the hell of it, not me showing off with Coyote. I'm also hoping that we'll make up some artists for the culture of our world. Thanks!]

I'm glad to see some ill-considered and bitchy comments haven't scared people away!

Coyote, if you could hook me up with some other Southwest artists, I'd like that. I've got to admit that it's not my area of expertise, and education is a wonderful thing.

Aesira, it takes a basic sense of design and the ability to see patterns where others see chaos. Contrary to what people think, chucking a bit of paint on a canvas does not make it art. Abstract painters drive me a little batty.

I actually started out doing street art for critiques. My good friend Jared used to be a graffitist before he got into art school, and some of that influence shows.

I do recommend reading some books on art, especially classical and modern art, before you try to critique something. Otherwise you look like a pompous twit.

Originally Posted By: Rosemarie
Aesira, it takes a basic sense of design and the ability to see patterns where others see chaos. Contrary to what people think, chucking a bit of paint on a canvas does not make it art. Abstract painters drive me a little batty.

I actually started out doing street art for critiques. My good friend Jared used to be a graffitist before he got into art school, and some of that influence shows.

I do recommend reading some books on art, especially classical and modern art, before you try to critique something. Otherwise you look like a pompous twit.

Thank you for your advice. I'll work on it.

I'm glad to see some ill-considered and bitchy comments haven't scared people away!

Scare away this collection of whores, faggots, preening egos and fools? I don't know if anything could. Fear requires some degree of intellect.

Originally Posted By: Gabriel Law

How's that coming along for you? Finished yours yet?

I've read every book written in English or French about classical and modern art, Mr. Law, and completed a degree in art history.

Do me the favour of explaining this statement? I'd like to decide whether I should be bitchy or not in return.

Despite some things you've said that - I have to admit - leave a sour taste in my mouth, I welcome you all the same, Rosemarie. I've seen your segment a few times. You're witty, acerbic, and more than a little charming, when you try to be. smile

I noticed you invited me to do a certain segment, on my Journal page. Care to elaborate on what that would entail? I've walked into enough traps for one year.

Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
Despite some things you've said that - I have to admit - leave a sour taste in my mouth, I welcome you all the same, Rosemarie. I've seen your segment a few times. You're witty, acerbic, and more than a little charming, when you try to be. smile

I noticed you invited me to do a certain segment, on my Journal page. Care to elaborate on what that would entail? I've walked into enough traps for one year.

I'm doing a segment on Americana - you know, all those symbols of America in art. I hear there's some very good paintings of yourself out there.

Coyote, if you could hook me up with some other Southwest artists, I'd like that. I've got to admit that it's not my area of expertise, and education is a wonderful thing.

Sure thing. You'll have a PM, but it will be biased toward Navajo artists and people who are heavily influenced by them. My mom is a weaver, so she's got in inside ear to the art world.

I've heard rumor that a Dilzhe’e Apache artist has erupted, but I haven't gotten down to their reservation yet to check. If so, that would be awesome! I'll let you know so that you can make him or her incredibly famous. grin

Guest Marcus
I see there's a bunch of interesting individuals at these forums, so I felt compelled to introduce myself.

I look forward to meeting you all online.

I, like Rosemarie, can't remain silent any longer. Hello, everyone! I've been lurking for a while and just decided it was time to step forward.

I also hope to meet you all, and develop personal relationships with each of you.

Archived