[OpNet] I am done with my temple.

Good Alice

No problem wink

As far as myself, I actually have to go with Timeslip. I doubt my form can be accurately portrayed as a physical statue. Laser holography maybe, but even then my appearance kind of defies conventional physics in many ways...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not overly enthused about an image of me in a temple someplace where I have no worshippers. Not to mention I'm spread pretty thin these days. When my people need my help, then I oblige. Unlike many gods, old and new, I answer those prayers I hear. I have a responsibility to those who place themselves under my aegis. To my knowledge, there's only one place 'officially recognised' as a shrine to me by those Humans who look up to me.

In short: No offence, Alice, but no thanks.

Oh, so because they are near the Temples, they must be in them.

Sorry to mislead, the statues of novas are not in temples. They are in my house. Well, one of my three houses.In the one I Live by the temples. Near by is not the same as in. My other houses are way too small for such things.

Flicker, I do not even go out of my way to get pictures of novas who I have made statues of. I have been given many pictures from someone who I think puts to much effort in gaining these pictures, but I largely look for them on op.It is a pass time to me.

Chillmeister, they are works of Art. Nothing more.

So...if this silly twat owns the island herself does that mean it's not part of some nation? Like...maybe you could carpte bomb the silly place and only tick off one silly bitch?

Just wondering.

It's not like I have access to mass amounts of high explosives.

I do not see the problem with this. She is exploring her talents. I would love to see you go after the millions of fan artists who have drawn you, probably doing doing stuff that would make you cry yourselves to sleep. This is not near as bad in comparison, and since it is done by a person of the one race, I trust that is not being misused, or not done correctly.

But that is just me.

Trooper: It's actually not an island, but a patch of desert land in the middle of Chihuahua, Mexico.

How the Goverment ever gave her permission to use so much land is beyond me, but I'm still waiting for an answer on a statue of me, if there is I want to remove it. But I can't just go barging, in have to wait for Good Alice to tell me there IS a statue.

The government of Mexico, sold me the right to the land for a hefty cost. I did bye the land rather under market value because of my friendly relations with the government of Mexico. I have built many of things for Mexico for free. They returned my kindness with the cheap land that no one was using.

Well? Which of us need to contact lawyers (I know some of the forum-goers, as celebrities, must grant permission to use their image or likeness), and which of us need to contact the ex-military nutjob a couple of blocks down who's stockpiling explosives? I have yet to see an answer on what novas are represented.

Velvet, your words sting, and yet are in vain. If you contact Lawyers you will waste your time, and your money. If you Contact Elites, you will enter into actions that could lead to your imprisonment for years.

If you Come to my house,I will give you the rights to the statues I have made of you. If I indeed made one of you. I have not made one you velvet, and I am unsure when I will. I have a few other project a head of anything I can think of dealing with you.

Then be forewarned. You do not have my permission to create a statue in my image, and if you do, you'll be spending the next few months trying to figure out why there's a giant crater where your house and these idiotic temples used to be.

Oh, and for the record... I can't produce such craters, and there are any number of methods that might've been used to create one. Good luck trying to sort that out.

"Imprisonment" my ass. You and I are done talking. You have my final word on the matter.

Be forewarned I would not need your permission, and that if for some reason anything ill comes to my temples, I shall use every Single resource in my grasp to find out who did anything to harm my dream. Be Forewarned, that I am owed many favors by many people who do not take kindly to their friend's be harmed, nor would they take kindly to the treatment of mass murders.

You are not as powerful as you think. Nor are you as important as you think. You can not wave a threat around that could end the lives of countless people, because your pride is hurt. You are not a god.

Quote:
(Blah, blah, blah, threaten, blah, blah, blah.) You are not a god.

Sure I am.

Ask Procyon. smile

Oh, and Alice? When someone says they're done talking to you, that generally means you shouldn't bother replying. Pity your brainpower didn't grow along with the rest of you.

A general note on principles:

No elite worthy of the name would give up an employer. Its not just personally bad for business, its bad for the profession in general. That's one of the reasons that DeVries has the massive legal staff it retains - to keep their clients protected.

I'd also point out that the crime would amount to vandalism and destruction of private property of no regional economic value, unless someone got hurt. That's not going beyond Mexico's border, if it even goes that far.

Jager, at any given time there are 1,500 people in the area she is threatening to turn into craters. That is not counting Guests, and pilgrims. Also there are historic relics that are not replaceable that hold cultural value that value be placed in dollars.

1,500 people? That's a huge population base to use for penetration.

As for the relics; why destroy them, when all you're after is the target statue(s)?

There is also the reality that if they were so culturally valuable, what would you be doing with them? Any group that could make life difficult for an elite would already have made life difficult for you, and for Utopia as a means of leveraging you.

Now, if I was an under-handed operator working for Utopia, I would love to use a ham-handed attack on your temple complex to make the elite profession look bad. Something else to think about, Good Alice.

Jager, she did not threaten my statues. She threatened all the work I have done in that area. I did not make everything in every temple. There are a few holy people in a few temples who have items that have been passed down family lines for generations some dating back before the fall of the Roman Empire. I do not own those items. I simply made places for them to be shown to the world.

What can I say ... I hope you aren't libel for those items if they are lost?

As for me, I'm happy up here in Chicago. I don't give a rat's ass if you made some attempt at a likeness of me. If I ever did care, I surely wouldn't announce it publicly.

You stood up and announced you were afflicting the world with yet another spiritual conundrum. To me, freedom of religion means I have to accept that people will make damn fools of themselves from time to time and that's better than being suborned to a One-World Religion.

I add this:

Is it really all that much fun to make other people unhappy? If so, what does that reveal about yourself?

Originally Posted By: Good Alice
Jager, she did not threaten my statues. She threatened all the work I have done in that area. I did not make everything in every temple. There are a few holy people in a few temples who have items that have been passed down family lines for generations some dating back before the fall of the Roman Empire. I do not own those items. I simply made places for them to be shown to the world.

Wait. You mean to tell me that people with valuable religious and cultural artifacts from all over the world came to live in your mass-produced temples in the middle of the Mexican desert?

Surely, you're exaggerating a bit.

On the contrary, I threatened nothing.

I issued you a simple, easy-to-understand statement in what I assume was plain English.

Create a statue of me, without my permission, and it will be destroyed along with whatever housing contains it. I've said nothing about killing anyone, though in your case, it would be doing the world a favor if only to prevent you from reproducing. I will not allow you to create a statue of me in any of your "temples" or any other location without my express permission, and I sincerely doubt your "friends" would be able to save you if I happened to get the support of any other novas rendered into birdbaths by your "unique vision." Privately, publicly, legally, and personally, you'd be fucked seven ways from Sunday until even your arguably gargantuan crevasse was as wallowed-out as the Grand Canyon.

If that many words strung together confuses you, try this.

Velvet + Statue = Boom!

If your math skills are also sub-par, maybe you'll understand this next one.

Fuck. Off.

Do you think I do this to make other people unhappy? DO you think i do anything to make other people unhappy? I built these temples because for the last seven-teen hundred years, one religion has spent most of it time trying to scare people into believing they are evil, and some how can only be saved by someone who may or may not even been real. I do this because these religions have things to teach us. I do this because these people had no one else to help them.

I built these temples because for the last seven-teen hundred years, one religion has spent most of it time trying to scare people into believing they are evil, and some how can only be saved by someone who may or may not even been real.

I'm going to take it you mean Christianity.
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!!?

I do this because these religions have things to teach us. I do this because these people had no one else to help them.

No, you did this because you are a bitter fuck who hates Christianity and no other reason. I don't know why you feel this way and I no longer care. Compassion is one of those Christian Virtues I need to work on.

Good Alice, I'm going after you. I'm bringing this post to the attention of the Boston Archdiocese as well as the one in Mexico City. I'll make sure everyone knows you are a member in good standing ... and paid by ... Project Utopia.

Thank you for revealing your carnival was nothing more than an instrument of hate.

You know what Velvet, I am making one of you right now. I am carving it out of sand Stone. I'll be done within the hour.

This is probably a total bluff. No one could carve a statue out of sand stone in an hour unless they are using quantum powers to shape the stone itself. I'm a remarkably fast artist, and it would take me a few days to make a statue of Velvet, that did a tenth of the justice it should to her and is to the dimensions described for these things.

So, Velvet, I don't think she's serious.

I built these temples because for the last seven-teen hundred years, one religion has spent most of it time trying to scare people into believing they are evil

Actually, do your homework Alice, all religions have some scare tactic in there somewhere. Granted some are harder to find than others.

Quote:
and some how can only be saved by someone who may or may not even been real.

Again, you've just defined all religions who center their worship around a deity. It's called 'faith'. You don't have to believe in it for it to believe in you.

Quote:
I do this because these religions have things to teach us.

All religions have something to teach us. You have repeatedly opened your mouth in these forums usually on some religious tirade (targeted at X-tians usually) and so far every single time you have been proven wrong, or worse been humiliated (at least in my eyes).

You are uneducated in the field you have chosen to wage war on and contrary to your apparent belief your ass is not a credible source of information.

Quote:
I do this because these people had no one else to help them.

So, why didn't you buy them books? Why didnt' you give them a village or a city. Hell Alice, people don't need temples. Faith is something you feel inside. That's why you/we can't see Gods, because each of them, every single one from the dawn of time until the present exist as a single entitiy. A glimmering ray of hope that shines it's brightest when the only person we have to turn to is ourself.

It's called 'faith'. Faith that we are better, stronger, and more durable then the world when it decides to come down on us like a ton of bricks.

Don't believe in one thing. Believe in all things, starting with yourself, but telling the people what they need or don't need, and calling that 'helping'? That's for them to decide.

Originally Posted By: Carver
You know what Velvet, I am making one of you right now. I am carving it out of sand Stone. I'll be done within the hour.

This is probably a total bluff. No one could carve a statue out of sand stone in an hour unless they are using quantum powers to shape the stone itself. I'm a remarkably fast artist, and it would take me a few days to make a statue of Velvet, that did a tenth of the justice it should to her and is to the dimensions described for these things.

So, Velvet, I don't think she's serious.

She's got 24 hours to state her intent, as far as I'm concerned.

Preston, on the other hand, might be harder to convince. He seems like the dedicated type, and far be it from me to get in the way of law enforcement. smile

Originally Posted By: Revenant
So, why didn't you buy them books? Why didnt' you give them a village or a city. Hell Alice, people don't need temples. Faith is something you feel inside. That's why you/we can't see Gods, because each of them, every single one from the dawn of time until the present exist as a single entitiy. A glimmering ray of hope that shines it's brightest when the only person we have to turn to is ourself.

It's called 'faith'. Faith that we are better, stronger, and more durable then the world when it decides to come down on us like a ton of bricks.

Don't believe in one thing. Believe in all things, starting with yourself, but telling the people what they need or don't need, and calling that 'helping'? That's for them to decide.

. . .

Stop making so much damned sense, Revenant. I don't want to have to change my mind about you.

I built these temples because for the last seventeen hundred years, one religion has spent most of it time trying to scare people into believing they are evil, and some how can only be saved by someone who may or may not even been real.

Hey, Alice. I'd like to share something with you.

I'm not sure what it is that you have with trying to prove something with these temples, but I'm curious to know why you feel resurrecting these things from the past will make the world better? Or why you damn the mistakes of the past and the religions involved with your ire.

Granted they were beautiful once, but they are ruins. Forgotten places from a forgotten time. The beauty of them today is in the ruins themselves. Recreating them cheapens their rich history.

So, this is for you:

A good person doesn't strive to make the world a better place than it was yesterday. A good person tries to make the world a better place than what it was today. There is no turning back the hands of time.

Upon looking at the world's past we can look at the good, or the bad. Either way it doesn't much matter. You should judge people on how they act now, and not what they did in the past. Let alone what those who came before them did. Praising the glories of the past will not bring the glory back to the world we live in now. Damning the crimes of the past will not make the world any more just.

Yesterday is gone. Trying to capture it will only end in you losing tomorrow.

Think about it, and let me know what you think.

Originally Posted By: Jager
A general note on principles:
No elite worthy of the name would give up an employer. Its not just personally bad for business, its bad for the profession in general. That's one of the reasons that DeVries has the massive legal staff it retains - to keep their clients protected.

I'd also point out that the crime would amount to vandalism and destruction of private property of no regional economic value, unless someone got hurt. That's not going beyond Mexico's border, if it even goes that far.

Good point. Even those fuck-ups at Janissary wouldn't snitch on a client. And those shitheels have zero in the professionalism department.

Archived