[OpNet] I am done with my temple.

Good Alice

I have built 50 temples to many faiths and many gods. I have built no temple without the aid,oversight or the request of those who warships the god of any of the temple I built.

I built the temple to the Unknown god, as place where those who do not know the gods can come to a place and learn,without emerging into anyone view point.

I have built a temple for my own faith.No I do not have names nor holy books.It is just what I have seen in my life.

The one thing I can say about my faith in a poem I wrote.

"I have seen to much evil,hate,pain and suffering to believe in an all knowing, all powerful, and all loving god. I have seen to much suffer, hate and rage to look at the world and say that it was forged only from the hands of us.

I know that I cannot prove the if the gods, demons, or what have you are real.I know you cannot disprove them. I do not know their names,or forms, but I seek them out.

I do this eyes wide open in the hopes that there is something better than this.I do this in the dreams that we are not by nature this cruel. I do this because there has to be more to life, than what I have seen."

I invite you all to visit them.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on your personal temple, I doubt that you'll have a temple I'd have an interest in making use of. I'm simply inquiring as to what's there.

Updated list:

1. the unknown god

2. Good Alice's faith

3. Sol

4. Venus

5. Bacchus (I assume)

6. Kali

7. Odin

8. Asherah

I'm familiar with some of these, but not others; Metaphysics isn't my preferred discipline within philosophy. Who else is represented?

Sorry I wasn't thinking about the spelling of Bacchus. You forgot Zeus.

I am not good with names, and so I do not like give lists out. A few others, are Athena, Luna, Baal, Shiva,Mnemosyne, Morrigan, Cernrunnus. If you wish to know more, please contact me in private.

Flicker, you are free to believe what you want. I would wish you came and saw the joy, and peace that is in the air of this place. I have made a figure of you. If you have no other reason than to come than that,I hope you would come. It is for you to do with what you will.

No, I have made a figure of every Nova I know of. Well, I am still working on this project. I am not do this in any order. I do not see novas as gods, but I do see them as worth making figures of.

Like I said if you want it, you can have it.

Originally Posted By: Butterfly
If you have made an image of me, I'll be very surprised...

And very angry.

There is a little thing called asking permission.

Try it sometime.

Oh fucking please. Some retard makes a statue that might even look like you in the right light and you're gonna get upset? C'mon, every nova here probably has their own little cult of personality. Even Danzig Smurf has his fans. They make pictures, posters, colages and even knit puppets in our image. It's what folks do. Alice is just desperate for a little pat on the head and recognition. If you don't want to give it to her, don't, otherwise you're just getting pissed over some starry eyed little fan.

Waki never got pissed when I planted my little monolith at his doorstep. Maybe he even blushed a little, but he didn't get his butt-hairs in a tizzy.

How are these statues portrayed? Are they a private collection or are they on public display or are they part of the decoration of your churches?

I can honestly say I don't like the thought of an image of me being displayed in some church if that's the case.

Originally Posted By: Good Alice
No, I have made a figure of every Nova I know of. Well, I am still working on this project. I am not do this in any order. I do not see novas as gods, but I do see them as worth making figures of.

Like I said if you want it, you can have it.

You've just found a way to get me to visit your shrine thingy. I'll swing by to look at it this weekend-- sooner if my class schedule allows it.

I would be impressed if you have an statue of my person, mostly because I don't even know who you are and that might make me feel stalked.

After a bit of search though....I would still feel stalked and would wish for the statue to be removed, I will wait for your confirmation before I send it to be removed.

Otherwise, you mention that you don't have a Roman Catholic Cathedral, a Islamic Mosque, a Jewish Sinagogue, or any of the Christian born Temples/Houses.

This is counter intuitive, seeing how this are the most prolific religions, and this alone would be the biggest draw towards your temple group.

This crowd is exactly what you need, since there are great numbers among their practitioners that have doubts or are at discomfort with your religion, capitalizing on this doubt would probably fill the rest of the temples slowly but surely.

Other points I don't care to elaborate on for now:

1.- I don't see Mayan or Aztec gods in your list, I only see European faiths. Are Asia, South America, Australia and the Polynesian islands left behind on purpose?

2.- You mention you don't pattern yourself like a god, and yet you make a faith basically based on your belief. This is the same as insinuating your path of belief as the correct one, which is the same reason you don't have any Christianity based churches, isn't it?

All things considered I was rather flattered to have it done When Lemmy and gang built my statue. Of course my ego might be a bit bigger than I am myself so that result might be predictable.

On a side note the Paparazzi use our likenesses all the time in Novarag Zines and I know many of us may not like it but I have yet to see the Enquirer's editor get blown up because one of his photovultures got a pic of one of us in a compromising position.

Originally Posted By: Butterfly
If you have made an image of me, I'll be very surprised...

And very angry.

There is a little thing called asking permission.

Try it sometime.

Ask for Permission for putting my thoughts down? Did you ask for permission when you replied in my thread? Did you ask permission to talk to me? No. I like wise will not ask you for permission for what I do in the name of my art.

Originally Posted By: J. 'Polymath' Rivera
I would be impressed if you have an statue of my person, mostly because I don't even know who you are and that might make me feel stalked.

After a bit of search though....I would still feel stalked and would wish for the statue to be removed, I will wait for your confirmation before I send it to be removed.

Otherwise, you mention that you don't have a Roman Catholic Cathedral, a Islamic Mosque, a Jewish Sinagogue, or any of the Christian born Temples/Houses.

This is counter intuitive, seeing how this are the most prolific religions, and this alone would be the biggest draw towards your temple group.

This crowd is exactly what you need, since there are great numbers among their practitioners that have doubts or are at discomfort with your religion, capitalizing on this doubt would probably fill the rest of the temples slowly but surely.

Other points I don't care to elaborate on for now:

1.- I don't see Mayan or Aztec gods in your list, I only see European faiths. Are Asia, South America, Australia and the Polynesian islands left behind on purpose?

2.- You mention you don't pattern yourself like a god, and yet you make a faith basically based on your belief. This is the same as insinuating your path of belief as the correct one, which is the same reason you don't have any Christianity based churches, isn't it?

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
2. Islam: 1.3 billion
3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
4. Hinduism: 900 million
5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
6. Buddhism: 376 million
7. primal-indigenous: 300 million
8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
9. Sikhism: 23 million
10. Juche: 19 million
11. Spiritism: 15 million
12. Judaism: 14 million
13. Baha'i: 7 million
14. Jainism: 4.2 million
15. Shinto: 4 million
16. Cao Dai: 4 million
17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million
20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
22. Scientology: 500 thousand

Christianity is at it's core a religion that does not think highly of others. I could break down the numbers of 2.1 billion, and show that nearly a billion of them do not think the other billion of them are the same religion. Also I could point out that there are countless churches, houses of warship, and works of art built to that faith. I could point out many other reasons, but that is not the point.

India, very European indeed. I also did not list all the temples I built. Only ones witch are settled into the ground, and ready to shown. I have built the walls, the holly people must do what they must do.

Correct one? You are working from a view point that, there is a wrong one. I do not agree with others. I do not know what is the right answer for you.I only know what is right for me. I may later find out that I am wrong.

I built temples to those who asked me. Sol, is not even a "god" in most terms. Sol, is the star we orbit around. I limited those temples I would build to those religions that would not try to limit what others say. The faiths who fallow the God of Abraham do not play well with others.

Originally Posted By: J. 'Polymath' Rivera

She ain't down with the brown.

Didn't you figure it out? She's a racist. Total KKK wanabe. Only digging on the uptight and white.

Yep, only explanation.

So, you built 50 Temples.

In Mexico.

To predominantly European religions with a few token Hindu/Buddhist temples.

But to grossly generalize, you didn't build any temples to anything native to or otherwise practiced in large numbers in the host country. (Aztec/other meso-American or even Plains Native American Indian or Catholic since I believe Mexico has a large Catholic population).

Am I understanding correctly?

Yes Lou Anne. I made a statue of you. I have it in chihuahua, Mexico.

Wow, in 20 years of knowing Lou Anne I've never seen her this mad.

Concerning this statue of Lou Anne. What can we do to obtain this statue and make certain that you never do this again?

Warship, is not one thing I do to statues of novas.

Where did you get the missile batteries, CIWS, and energy weapons/railguns for your warship?

Now that the mandatory joke is said...

Several people have mentioned views on both sides of the permission argument. My only addition is if these statues are on display in a temple intended for people to visit on a regular basis, then that is not private property.

In all fairness I don't really give a damn.

I sincerely hope, Good Alice, that you have not attempted to create a statue of me. Not, mind you, due to such petty concerns as trademarks and the like; rather, because I have little faith in the ability of nearly any artist to craft an appropriate representation of my evolved form.

Archived