Aberrant: 2011 - Okay.. A big thing..

Catalyst

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Courier
B) The US gov trying to give orders that conflict with PU.

Yeah, I see that as being a big issue. No nova likes being told by 12 different people to go in 10 different directions and do 15 different things.

Novas are not pets. You start pissing them off and you quickly find yourself cleaning up the rubble yourself. Even the Utopia ones.

And when it comes to the government (PU included), when has left arm ever known what the right arm was up to? Communication would be a nightmare.

Originally Posted By: Courier
Status??? Said novas already have the right to be in the country, issues might come up would be
a) Them being pressed into service by the US gov.
B) The US gov trying to give orders that conflict with PU.

The right to be in the country is not the same as the right to help or interfear with governmental relief workers.

Utopian aid would be on a tighter leash than private aid form independent novas, largely because they have chain of command. US people talk to the people in charge of Utopia and those who work for Utopia either can follow those orders or be told that as much their help is wanted, there actions are not helpful at this time. If the will not work with us, they should leave the work to those who will have to live with the ramifications of their actions.

Independent Novas on the other hand would have to be aproched one at a time and that would take more resources.

Sound reasonable?

In situations like this people (novas included) have a tendancy to place personal differences aside and risk personal well being in order to help thier fellow man. Think about how every day people lay down thier lives for the simplest of things, like an average guy who jumps into a frozen river to save a poor dog, or the people who rose up to assist Fire Fighters and Police (several of whom were injured in the process) at Ground Zero to help save all the people still trapped on or around the the site.

If the amound of damage is considerable I would imagine that your 'average Joe Nova' would most likly be on the scene as fast as possibe if he thought there was something he could do to help.

I would even suspect that Project Utopia might even find themselves working along side Terats whose compassion for humanity has driven them to help those unfortunate enough to be caught in the quake.

The point is that wile disasters bring out the best in people.It also brings out the worst in people.

Wal-Mart offered offered truck loads of water, and food to the federal government. Armed soliders at the point of guns stopped people from leaving a flooded city, with no food. I found out about people in the super dome "before" the head of FEMA.

You really think that the US is going to happy go lucky in a disaster ? Politics matter. In the US they always do. Cares are broken by stupid things like "I have a scream" sound bits.

Okay. I'll assume from the point you just made that you want the fiction about the negative effects the disaster will bring out in people.

Fine with me, I was just offering up my two cents. It won't make a lick of difference to me, Summer won't be there. As a minor T2M is responsible for her and won't place her in mortal danger.

Good luck with it people.

Well, what you basicly said is that when bad things happen people do really good things. That is cool, but without conflict stories become dull. Without layers they are simple...

If Utopian novas could and did act in away like your normal people.And normal people acted that way.Then there would be no need for Utopia, at all. Novas would do good things and stop bad guys.

Wile i agree that in some cases novas who happen to be near by or have good reason to care about say LA would help out, but the vast amount of help will be done by agencies who are chartered to do this sort of work. Most Utopian Novas would be working under Utopian orders. They may want to do good, they may just be following orders, that is not for me to say.

Archived