Aberrant: 2011 - Dealing with CoMA

z-Aura

Hey, guys, this situation isn't an issue anymore, but before I left the states, I had a member of that church group corner me on a street and try to preach to me. He offered to exorcise me, if you can believe that. I haven't paid any attention to them until now, and all the information I've found to date is so riddled with religious tripe that I can't stomach reading it.

Can someone here tell me more about them? Even better, does someone have arguements debunking their arguments using their own religion's handbooks?

I have had dealing with fanatics as well. They aren't CoMA, but just as fanatical in their beliefs. For several reasons, a radical group, known as Greenwar, wants to make an example of me.

If I remember correctly, CoMA is a religious group that believes that all Nova are demons. It is rumored, that they will commit violent acts against Nova.

They are fanatics, I doubt you can reason with them. A fanatic will use denial and nihilism in order to maintain their belief system. You would be wasting your time debating with them.

Unfortunately, I've dealt with the CoMA on several occasions, now, always with less than happy results. As their dogma dictates, they certainly seem to hate me, both for being a nova and for apparently running counter to everything they believe. I feel really bad for them. They have such a limited view of this beautiful world and deny themselves so many pleasures in the name of a false security and sense of purpose that, in the end, amounts to nothing.

I suppose it's of some solace that they'll never know that their delusions were wrong, which in a way almost makes them true. But the fact that their delusions lead them to do things like kill and spread hate makes their beliefs intolerable.

They are racists. Sort of like a modern-day KKK, I guess. They use religious excuses to justify their racism, as has been done many times in history, but I'd hesitate to classify them as a religious group, whether thay have "Church" in their name or not. I've met a few. Of course, they don't know I'm a nova, so after a few drinks they went into usual racist-speak, blaming novas for absoluely everything you can think of, whether it made sense or not. Distatsteful, but not really strange, and I'm sure a majority of them are mostly harmless, with a very small fanatical violent sector. It tends to be that way.

Unfortunate choice of a name, too, really open for bad jokes. Something like "CoMA, just one step away from brain-dead."

• 2 weeks later...

This is most disappointing. While I'd held little hope that they could be persuaded with, I'd at least hoped that they could be intellectually bludgeoned. However, if their shield of religious ignorance can't be pierced without violating the social moral code, then I will avoid them in the future.

Archived