Aberrant: 2011 - Shining faces in the night

Catalyst

Hello, I have been taught and told by many of those who I at least once thought wise that novas are evil. I could go into details on I was told how we, novas are evil. I will not, for the sake of civil discourse.

So I will say that I am of the belief that God gave us these great abilities and in doing so let us have power that very few have had before us. That being said, wile power in it's self is not evil, many people with power do evil things with it. I think our gifts are pure, but we have to temper them with will, faith and any other tools we have.

And so we are bright faces in the night. We can either shine on from heaven, showing others, or we can turn our backs. I just hope I can shine on brighter tomorrow than i do today.

I am sorry if I am not making much sense I am well, rather a wreck right now do to some personal issues I am dealing with.

I don't agree with the reactions of a lot of religions to the apparition of novas. They tend to ascribe a quality to nova-hood, whether purity, malice, enlightenment or what-have-you. Whether or not you believe eruption is the will of God (noting here that I am nontheist, myself), I think casual observation proves that, spiritually, there is little difference between nova and baseline. A man is still a man, and having this power is simply like having any other power, be it sociopolitical or physical. It changes what we can do, but not why we do it. I don't think becoming a nova has any special effect on morality, for good or ill, we are as much saviors or sinners as we were before we erupted, if maybe with a little more tools at our disposal.

Oh, and I certainly don't believe we "shine down from heaven". Fundamentally, we remain men, not gods or angels.

I did not mean to say we as novas are deviniel inspired. I mearly think that novas are touched by god. What they do with their gift is up to them. I would like to shine out bright and make the world a better place, but that is wha tI think most people want to do. Just not all in the same way.

Problem, sweetie, is that my idea of a 'better world' is certainly not the same as others' ideas. And I'm not talking about using a different method to the to the same end - I'm talking about the different ideas of a 'better world'.

For example, a member of CoMA would want a world without novas, while that Divis Mal guy might want a world without baselines. Both are morally wrong, but both believe that they are driven by a higher morality; CoMA from God and Mal from natural selection.

If you decide we're touched by God, then you have to accept that God is giving gifts to evil men. Trust me, darlin' - it's much easier to accept that God is distant from our affairs. Otherwise, He starts to look mean, or maybe just insane.

Not so. God can give gifts that seem to go to evil men and still not be evil. Then point being that God gives us gifts, and we use them in the best way we see fit. God gave us free will after all. If God wanted to give gifts to only the "good". Then there would only be "good" people in the world.

Still, the idea that god does give gifts tot hose who clearly do should not have them, and not to those who should could be a sign. This sign could be that he has better view of the world than we do.That these gifts that are given to the less than good people are some sort of test by God. I do not know. I do not dare to think I could understand God's reasoning on all things.

God is busy, and forgets things a lot, I think. He might also get lost, maybe, or not tie his shoes, like that Frankenstein guy. No, my fish... Einstein, that's right. And, maybe, um, since he's just sort of wandering, and he's not in the office, we're supposed to look for him in other places? I see God/god all the time, I think. It's hard to tell 'cause he never looks the same. Like, oh! He was this little black-skinned baby a couple of days ago, all sleepy with his maman. Today I'm pretty sure I caught him in these wispy clouds like sugary sand under the water, and sometimes I catch him peeping out of my reflection in the morning. Cheeky!

So, um, yeah. I try to find him, if I can, but he's really old you know and good at hiding... And, y'know, if I keep looking, maybe he'll notice?

Originally Posted By: Caramel Bath
If you decide we're touched by God, then you have to accept that God is giving gifts to evil men. Trust me, darlin' - it's much easier to accept that God is distant from our affairs. Otherwise, He starts to look mean, or maybe just insane.
Wow! That's well put. You've got a brain in there girl.

The Pope said something about our eruption gifts being 'natural' or something like that.

Originally Posted By: Caramel Bath

God is insane. Yaldaboath, the creator god, is deranged, and the true god is trying to reach into our reality to cure us.

Originally Posted By: TeleForce
Originally Posted By: King Felix
God is insane. Yaldaboath, the creator god, is deranged, and the true god is trying to reach into our reality to cure us.

You know, there are some thoughts that you just don't need to share dude. That was one of them.

When you are ready, you will thank me.

Originally Posted By: Mech
no, I was making a joke at your expense, there's a difference.

I'm so sorry, Wheeljack, but what you said made no sense. Non-sequiturs are funny when they're a near-miss to the truth. Your remark was not even in the same plane of existence as the truth.

Allow me to explain: I was replying to the part about "someone getting hurt," not the part about "getting help."

A pope also said that you shall not use a crossbow in wars with other Christian Armies. I am not Christian and I hold the word of the pope no higher than I hold the words of anyone. i do not see him as being anymore or less divinely inspired than you or I. If I thought anything like that I would say he is less than most for he is happy to sit on his ivory thrown and call himself pious.

I forgot to quote what I was committing on. The Pope said something about our eruption gifts being 'natural' or something like that.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
A pope also said that you shall not use a crossbow in wars with other Christian Armies. I am not Christian and I hold the word of the pope no higher than I hold the words of anyone. i do not see him as being anymore or less divinely inspired than you or I. If I thought anything like that I would say he is less than most for he is happy to sit on his ivory thrown and call himself pious.

I forgot to quote what I was committing on. The Pope said something about our eruption gifts being 'natural' or something like that.
The dude is the expert on this sort of thing.

And I make it a point not to fight Christian Armies. Sure, most of the groups I fight would be better off converting, but there's were we trip over that "free will" concept. For that matter, most people would be better off erupting, but we haven't figured out that either.

The expert on the God thing? I do not think so.I think many people think he is the expert, but over 5 billion people do not. I simply believe that he views God in his own way, and his views (at least publicly)of God are tempered by the weight and repercussions of what the world would do to his church based on his views.

That being said I do not claim to know what God does and does not do in all things.I can say i believe that God has touched my life, and me being a nova is part of said touch. In the end it is a matter a of faith. As much as I hate to say this, I believe it without need of any proof I can show the world.

And she nails it in one. Good job Motley. Sometimes I wish I could see the world the way you must.

It sounds better and better everytime I read.

Amazing the way everyone seems to skim over you. Shame really. To lost in their own squabbling and one-up manship to pay you any mind.

Keep being you Motley. Please, keep being you.

I firmly and adamantly believe the old adage about how great power confers a responsibility to use that power wisely and well to better all humanity. These powers that we all have, as double-edged as they might sometimes be, are gifts, given freely, and we should use them to benefit the world, whatever that means according to our vision of the world. Whether "God" caused it or not is pretty irrelevant; do you mean to tell me that if you didn't believe your powers were given to you with a mandate from the creator of the universe that you'd just behave like a selfish animal? I sincerely hope for better out of not only my fellow Americans but of all people who would call themselves sane.

I'm working on it, but that is the reason for my recent inquiry into finding a temporary safe-haven.

At first I thought it was just because I had just erupted, but I didn't hear any other stories like this one.

Believe me, the less you know the better.

Archived