[OpNet] All the News that is Nova News!

N News Service

Drake’s Fire Announces Tour

The most popular Novox rock band in the world is going back on tour to showcase the release of their new album, Taking the Wrong Road. This new album has been hailed as their best yet, and Rolling Stone calls it a “maturation of their style, lifting both the band and the listeners to new heights of audio pleasure.” The tour will start in New York City at Madison Square Gardens on the 12th of November. For more details and a schedule of their tour, go to their website drakesfire.op.

Contract Released

Devries Elite Samuel “Red Fist” McMartin has been released from his contract by Devries under protest. The Elite company states that they are releasing Red Fist temporarily on medical leave, fueling rumors that the tall American continues to suffer from depression at the loss of his child, Nathan Clark McMartin. The four-month-old infant died of a brain lesion on October 4, 2016, and there have been rumors that Red Fist has suffered from depression since his death. Devries stated in their press release that they will retain a place for Red Fist once he has recovered.

New Rose Color Created

Marcus “Green Thumb” Childers has done it again; the Irish gardener’s lavish estate has once again announced the creation of yet another vibrant rose color: Silver. Described as a lavender offshoot, the pale gray blossom has just enough purple in it to give it a shimmer reminiscent of a metallic sheen. It has been named "Purest Silver." So far, this color of rose is not available on the open market, though its release to the public is scheduled for next year. Blossoms from this unique flower are currently available to select clients via private sale.

Naive to the world the young are. The simple blissful ignorance is all to fleeting in beauty and all the too harmful to them selves.

The simple fact is that "shaken baby syndrome" is hard to prove for many reasons. It is harder to prove among novas, just as any crime is. The reasons are many and verry. Least of all being the amount of money they tend to have. So the likely case is that either the authorities do not think he is guilty or they do not have a case that will stick.

Huh. That must be why so many people are accused of child abuse every year and there are multiple foundations set up to defend caregivers unjustly accused of child abuse. It's hard to prove. Must be really hard, if so many face charges.

Back to the real conversation, I'm guessing that there wasn't enough evidence to say child abuse for sure. Or maybe he's under investigation, and no one's talking about it because they're afraid Devries will come kick their ass.

This is like a throwback to what I remember from the 1980s/1990's. Whenever anyone's child died, even in cases that were blatantly accidents, the suspicion came out.

Everyone should just leave him to his mourning, and save the sensationalism. It's not really a sign of higher civilization (for eithe nova or baseline) to revert to the instant suspicion schtick.

Originally Posted By: Sean McCline
Huh. That must be why so many people are accused of child abuse every year and there are multiple foundations set up to defend caregivers unjustly accused of child abuse. It's hard to prove. Must be really hard, if so many face charges.

Back to the real conversation, I'm guessing that there wasn't enough evidence to say child abuse for sure. Or maybe he's under investigation, and no one's talking about it because they're afraid Devries will come kick their ass.

Those who cry wolf...

... don't get believed when the real wolf shows up. So what does that have to do with my discussion? Really, seriously... because I don't get it. I've tried. I've thought about it. It hurt, but I persevered, believing, hoping that there was some kernal of truth buried in those four words... and all I know now is that I get headaches from you.

You know, if you don't have a good rebuttual, you can shut the fuck up. I do it all the time.

You said my whole point, sorry for not having a deep meaning. The fact that so many cases are brought forth to so many court rooms that have no marit, that many real cases are lost. My whole point was that if you do not have solid case when deaing with nova and or child abuse you ill most likely waste tax payers money and that is it.

How hard was that to say? And no, your wolf comment doesn't mean wasting resources because you can't prove your case; it means you bring so many to the proscecuters that they stop listening to them... and having been set upon by the Children's Division once, I know how seriously they take the slightest hint of child abuse.

So in other words: shut the fuck up. Thanks in advance.

So, some guy makes a new color of flower and we should call this news?Um sorry not really that big of a deal to me. I love roses and all that but I fail to see how this is news worthly.

Anyways..Do we know all the facts about this death? Nope. So why bother trying to point fingers..Will that bring the baby back?

No one's saying he did it, folks. No one is accusing. We're just speculating - why the fuck is this so hard to understand? We're talking, using our brains for something other than sex, food or tv. Why does everyone act like we're cackling gleefully at this guy's tragedy? I'm not, and Ptesan-Wi doesn't seem the type to do so either. So why don't you all either contribute to the discussion, or find some other thread to annoy.

Originally Posted By: Erin 'Stellar' Donovan
I consider the artifical creation of a new species quite 'newsworthy'.

You also think what you do is battle... Still, it is a flowwer with a new color, made by smeone who does this for a living. You can do many things like this with simple cross breading that has been around for longer than NEWS.

What does thinking her occupation is battle have to do with thinking the creation of a new flower is newsworthy?

Seriously.

I garden btw. I preordered Purest Silver after I heard about it. Should look very nice although I understand its not easy to coax into thriving. But then I like a challenge.

Man, I feel bad for Red Fist. I mean, first he looses his kid which I can't even begin to imagine what that's like. I mean, yeah I've lost family but kids are different. On top of all that he gets fired and they make a public deal out it. It's like their saying "here have a big 'ole heaping spoonful of humiliation to go along with all that pain and grief. No, no don't thanks us, it was our pleasure."

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Man, I feel bad for Red Fist. I mean, first he looses his kid which I can't even begin to imagine what that's like. I mean, yeah I've lost family but kids are different. On top of all that he gets fired and they make a public deal out it. It's like their saying "here have a big 'ole heaping spoonful of humiliation to go along with all that pain and grief. No, no don't thanks us, it was our pleasure."

Yeah, I feel for the man, too. Losing a kid before its birth tore me up; I don't wanna know what it's like to lose a child that you've held in your arms.

Originally Posted By: Gypsy
Maybe because she lives in a fake world? Her life is based aorund a lie, and so the meanings of things change?

Man... I smell something... Does anyone else smell troll?

Originally Posted By: Lynette Ross
Trollin', trollin', trollin', keep that Gypsy trollin'...
I've met worse than her.

Originally Posted By: Sean McCline
Man... I smell something... Does anyone else smell troll?
Never trust the easy answer. Not that its necessarily wrong but its usually a good idea to distrust it on principle.

Maybe because she lives in a fake world? Her life is based aorund a lie, and so the meanings of things change?
Let's call it fantasy instead of being rude and calling it an out right lie or a fake. I'm sure it feels real enough to her in the right context.

So. How many people do you know that don't live at least partly in a fantasy world?

Loge that is good set of points you bring up. I honestly do not think they work with WXF, it is scripted by marketing gurus, and has the under laying use of highly illegal and harmful drugs.

The numbers show a clear undisputable fact, the WXF destroys lives, exploits people and preys on those who want to have some glory, no matter how superficial it is. When you look at the numbers, you will notice like the baseline professional sports the people getting the money are the owners, not the "talent". I bring this up, because unlike say football, where you had people worrying about broke bones, you have a whole class of "talent" who has to worry about withdrawal in the WXF. You also have people who can and do develop abilities that are not fully understood by the world at large let alone themselves. How many fights will there be before one of the WXFers misses his target with a blast and roasts a good dozen people? Hell how many mitehead burnout will you need to see before you say that they should be utterly banned and those who led them to this extreme should pay for their part in the crime?

Sure, I am trolling but Stellar is treated way to nicely here, she is part of the problem.She not only knows the problems she complies with it. You could say she has a mortgage to pay or some bullshit like but, that is just moving the blame to someone else, if she really wanted to change the system she would. If she really was offended by the things in it, she would not be part of it. As it is she is walking their line and it is costing lives. Then again if she happy with her 30 pieces of silver, then so be it.

Originally Posted By: N News Service
Drake’s Fire Announces Tour

The most popular Novox rock band in the world is going back on tour to showcase the release of their new album, Taking the Wrong Road. This new album has been hailed as their best yet, and Rolling Stone calls it a “maturation of their style, lifting both the band and the listeners to new heights of audio pleasure.” The tour will start in New York City at Madison Square Gardens on the 12th of November. For more details and a schedule of their tour, go to their website drakesfire.op.

Drake’s Fire proves the point, if it it done by novas it must be better, right? I mean they are novas, how could they suck?

Okay Gypsy. It is time to set you straight on some things…

WXF? Never heard of them, so I have no idea how they conduct business, so crucify them all you want. Though, unless you are a part of that organization or a sports analyst or something, you probably have little room to talk about “undisputed fact” and the like.

The XWF (Xtreme Warfare Federation), on the other hand couldn’t be farther from what you describe. And if you are attempting to speak about the XWF, then you obviously don’t know a damn thing about the topic.

So, working off the assumption that you are trying to talk about the XWF (even though you stated “WXF” three times), let me point out how little you know…

You also think what you do is battle...

I live in a fake world?

Do you ever listen to yourself and read this stuff you spew? Seriously though. Do you?

What I do is ‘battle’ if you want to call it that. I do ‘battle’ every time I step in the Combat Zone And I have been in that Combat Zone doing ‘battle’ with people intent on killing me. Maybe you should look up words before you try to use them. You just make yourself look more ignorant and idiotic.

And considering you’ve never tapped up your hands and stepped into the Combat Zone, I don’t think you have any room to even attempt to call it “fake” or “a lie”.

I have never been in a ‘scripted’ match. It is a legitimate sport with real competition. Every tick in my ‘Win’ column I have earned in the Combat Zone with all of the hard work I put into training, conditioning, studying film and so on. Every tick in the ‘Loss’ column I have also earned, either by underestimating my opponent, making a stupid mistake or just being outclassed.

When you look at the numbers, you will notice like the baseline professional sports the people getting the money are the owners, not the "talent". I bring this up, because unlike say football, where you had people worrying about broke bones, you have a whole class of "talent" who has to worry about withdrawal in the WXF.

So… If Illegal drug use is sooooooo rampant and Utopia has not all to fond of the XWF from it’s inception, then it sure is strange that the XWF has operated for 12 years now (the first show was Sept 30, 2004) with no major problems/huge busts about illegal drug use or anything.

Yeah.. such an epidemic.

You also have people who can and do develop abilities that are not fully understood by the world at large let alone themselves.

Yeah. They are called “Novas”. This is nothing new. We’ve been about for the better part of two decades now. There is a whole network called N!. you should check it out.

How many fights will there be before one of the WXFers misses his target with a blast and roasts a good dozen people?

And if you knew the first damn thing about which you are talking, like, I dunno, having actually watched a match, then you would see that the Combat Zone fully encloses the action. It was designed by Adris “Artifx” Longley, for the safety of the spectators. So if a blast does miss, it hits the walls of the Combat Zone and the spectators are protected. So that statement you made just makes your utter and complete ignorance blazingly clear to all.

Sure, I am trolling but Stellar is treated way to nicely here, she is part of the problem.She not only knows the problems she complies with it. You could say she has a mortgage to pay or some bullshit like but, that is just moving the blame to someone else, if she really wanted to change the system she would. If she really was offended by the things in it, she would not be part of it. As it is she is walking their line and it is costing lives. Then again if she happy with her 30 pieces of silver, then so be it

Here’s a thought. Maybe I am treated nicely because.. oh.. I dunno.. I am actually nice and friendly to other people here and not some idiot troll who gets on a soap box to rant about something she knows nothing about.

Just some food for thought.

And as for the rest of that..

So you are telling me what I think and know. And here, I thought I knew what I knew and did not need some ignorant twit to try and tell me.

And what problem? I do not see any problem with nova competing in a legitimate sport that is regulated and has safeguards to protect spectators.

Does the XWF cost lives? Yes. At times, there have been deaths. We are powerful and skilled competitors, but not every variable can be accounted for. But if you look at it, there were also deaths in baseline boxing and martial arts competitions. And those were just baselines. Add in quantum, and things get more dangerous, but we are also more skilled. The fact there have been so, so few deaths in the XWF is a monument to the skill of the competitors, management and some of the best medical staff in the world making sure we are fit and able to do what we do. We all know the risks when we step in the Combat Zone.

And when have I ever said I was offended by the XWF in any way?

I get paid for doing my job, just like professional athletes have done for a long, long time. I enjoy my job. I love competition and the constant ‘newness’ of each fight. I work hard to do what I do. I train hard and get to do something I love and get paid for it in the process. So that is a win all around.

And nice way to try and put words into people’s mouths with you false quotes. Ahh, the last act of the desperate..

So come on.. Rub those two brain cells together and you might actually get a thought one day. It will probably hurt and scare you, because it would seem to be something so new, but you really should try it before you start making statements that display your ignorance and just show you for the idiot troll you are.

Just a thought.

Since I probably 'encouraged' the discussion I'm going to add my thoughts to it.

Maybe I'm misremembering but there have been spectator deaths associated with matches over the years. Damn few and its probably not unlike the old Disney Land in California. It happened, its not widely paid any attention and the urban myths are greater than the reality. But the potential for it to happen again is why people within a certain number of rows of the ring, the exact number escapes me and I'm not going to research it this early in the morning, sign a waiver. Accidents can and do happen. I have no idea what the odds are of actually getting hurt by something happening in the ring but I do know the XWF has put a lot of effort into making it safe. You're right; there is a danger but nobody holds a gun to your head when you're buying a ticket. That stuff isn't free or cheap so you can bet the farm the business behind the XWF thinks it more cost effective to put a ton of money into keeping the audience safe.

I don't know about the drug use and how rampant it might be. A number of famous or infamous contestants don't have a novaphile or anything unusual outside of the stuff put out by the XWF. That's not impossible since a lot of novas are cautious about going to Rashouds but its a little fishy. Of course even some of the more well known personalities aren't touted as novas by the XWF either. Take those two facts together and that probably means even some of the famous names are just baselines in a costume. You have to wonder how a baseline could ever last more than a few seconds against the powerhouse novas that ply their trade in that ring. So maybe there are contestants looking for an edge. On the flip side, I also have to wonder if its really any different than the rampant steroid use in pro sports back in the day. Is drug use going on? Almost certainly. Is it illegal? As much as steroids were when I was younger.

Is drug use in the XWF at epidemic proportions?

How many non-novas could be contestants in the XWF? I can't seem to find a number, maybe you'd have better luck asking Stellar about that, but it can't be enough to class it as an epidemic. Not even if if every one of the non-novas were using something or other. There just aren't that many wrestlers. Even if you count the scrub matchs there aren't that many wrestlers.

Is it choreographed? Rehearsed? Faked? Aw geez, I do not want to get into another stink with another nova so I'm not touching this other than to say the really big matches look amazingly real to me.

Do people overlook certain things depending on who's involved? You don't need me to crack the code on that one. Human nature isn't that cryptic.

RE: XWF

Speaking as a part time, only occasional, sort-of member... IT'S GREAT!!!

Serious athletics for novas, which almost by definition can involve deadly force, but where you aren't actually trying to kill each other (well, mostly).

It's a socially acceptable method for venting and indulging in violence and destruction.

It's a job for novas who often would otherwise be elites.

Granted, it's not high brow intellectually stimulating entertainment (one could say the same about sex), but so what? There's a place for it.

At best, it's good fun like an action/drama movie created by consenting adults. At worst... well, at worst it's still a night away from the lab.

I sometimes wonder if Vince McMahon ever erupted smile

If the XWF operates under anything like what the old WWF/WWE operated under for a drug policy, then taking drugs will get you the boot. Then again I have not watched wrestling since the 1990's, so I'm a bit out of date.

And even in the WWF there were injuries and the rare death. Whether one believs it is staged or not, even without quantum powers it is a dangerous profession.

But yes, highly entertaining and as Dr Troll said, an alternative to becoming an Elite.

Archived